Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaka rejects world record bid from Man City
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
novfan
Kaka rejects world record bid from Man CityManchester City's £100 million swoop for Serie A star Kaka has been dealt a swift blow after the Brazilian playmaker claimed he wanted "to grow old at Milan".

GettyImages

Kaka: Target for Manchester City

A City delegation led by chief executive Garry Cook flew to the San Siro on Tuesday to table the world record breaking offer along with weekly wages of £250,000 but the AC Milan favourite has blown any deal out of the water.

"As long as the club keep high objectives, my desire will always be to stay at Milan," Kaka told Italian TV station Sport Mediaset, which is owned by Milan supremo Silvio Berlusconi.

"I want to get old here and my objective for the future is to become this team's captain."

"I refused important offers in the past."

Earlier on Wednesday Kaka's spokesman Diogo Kotscho said it was "not impossible" that a deal could be concluded during the January transfer window but warned that money alone would not be enough to lure his client to Manchester.

"To accept Manchester City, Kaka wouldn't do a matter based on money", Kotscho said. "But to the competitiveness of the English side.

"Ricky would like a strong side. He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with not a winning solution."

And while the Rossoneri are currently only competing in the UEFA Cup after a disappointing campaign last season, Kaka insists he will stay faithful to the club if they continue to build on the legacy of seven European Cups and 17 Serie A titles.

In the summer, City set a new British transfer record when the signed Robinho from Real Madrid for £32 million and billionaire owners Abu Dhabi United where hoping to make another statement of intent in the transfer market by setting a new world record.

The most expensive transfer fee in football history remains the £48 million Real Madrid paid Juventus for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

Asked if Kaka would consider other clubs if City's offer did not suit either Milan or himself Kotscho said: "Yes he will. But as I said we have to have a deal between the two clubs and negotiations with AC Milan for Kaka ... is a very difficult challenge.''

acid911
Charming! sleepysmiley03.gif I knew Kaka was not stupid.
Ry4n
Oh Man city stop trying to buy the whole Brazil team ! tongue.gif

Robinho , Elano and now they want Kaka' only on emote to say to that laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Warchant
nice decision kaka!
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 14 2009, 08:11 PM) *
Charming! sleepysmiley03.gif I knew Kaka was not stupid.

I thought you think he looks a little like a dork! unsure.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 01:01 AM) *
I thought you think he looks a little like a dork!

Dorks aren't necessarily stupid, are they? huh.gif Anyway, I should have written it as even though Kaka may look like one, he is not that stupid to plunge his career into nowhere. Some big club, maybe, but hot diggity this guy was the 4th best footballer on the planet a few days ago, he has to (and will) make the right choice.

No Manchester City. At least not as long as they try to startle the world with their oil money!
Zed.D
OK don't get mad at me biggrin.gif my dictionary says dorks can be stupid too. wink.gif but forget it.

As for City, as long as they are not playing in the CL, they have no chance of signing likes of Kaka. no disrespect to this team and its fans [I think there is at least one here] intended, but as for now, only money whores like Robinho scarify European football and join them, obviously only for $$$.
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 01:37 AM) *
OK don't get mad at me my dictionary says dorks can be stupid too. but forget it.

I never get mad. Have you ever seen me get mad??? realmad.gif But yeah, I always prefer keeping my thoughts and energy consistent. tongue.gif And surely your dictionary says right. Dorks can be stupid too; so too can stupids come across as dorks sometimes. But I think dorks are human beings too. cry.gif They have a heart, you know.

Yup, forget it.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 01:37 AM) *
As for City, as long as they are not playing in the CL, they have no chance of signing likes of Kaka. no disrespect to this team and its fans [I think there is at least one here] intended, but as for now, only money whores like Robinho scarify European football and join them, obviously only for $$$.

Who is a Manchester City fan here in this forum? Don't tell me it's Max! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Anyway, agreed about the whole $$$ ordeal, and them having no chance of signing Kaka or other players of this stature. City's best bet is to save the moolah, set up a winning team from scratch, and then once they're in the CL, try and lure other stars. An XI composed of the absolute best players in the world rarely works (I've seen examples of this in cricket), just too much ego. They'll have to find a balance, with some good player, a bunch of great ones. Pity, they're too thickheaded to understand this simple concept.
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 15 2009, 01:23 AM) *
But I think dorks are human beings too. cry.gif They have a heart, you know.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Who is a Manchester City fan here in this forum? Don't tell me it's Max! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

I think whoarethepatriots is a City fan. I'm not sure whether he likes City's new policies though.

Anyway, agreed about the whole $$ ordeal, and them having no chance of signing Kaka or other players of this stature. City's best bet is to save the moolah, set up a winning team from scratch, and then once they're in the CL, try and lure other stars. An XI composed of the absolute best players in the world rarely works (I've seen examples of this in cricket), just too much ego. They'll have to find a balance, with some good player, a bunch of great ones. Pity, they're too thickheaded to understand this simple concept.

+1
I_Rossoneri
Why did it come to this? why didn't galliani and co refuse point blank? I'm just grateful that Ricky is a model proffessional. It also seems to me that he is more committed to the cause than our beloved management rolleyes.gif

IMO he should be given the captains armband now!!!!!!
Tennie
According to Mediaset, they DID refuse point-blank. City came in with a stated interest in Dida. Once they sat down, however, they immediately started asking about Kaka.

It's just that no official statement to that effect appeared on acmilan.com. Given who owns Mediaset, I tend to believe their take on events for Milan-related stuff.

As for the armband, I have no problem if Kaka is someday captain, but it's only fair that he wait his turn.
Rivaldo
Forza Milan! Forza Kaka'!
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 15 2009, 04:35 AM) *
City came in with a stated interest in Dida. Once they sat down, however, they immediately started asking about Kaka.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
Bluesummers
it seems we have accepted cry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 15 2009, 10:47 AM) *
it seems we have accepted

Huh? Seems as in seems or have we officially accepted? huh.gif unsure.gif
Bluesummers
Milan Set To Accept Manchester City's Kaka Bid - Report

milan accept

Kaka To Meet Manchester City Owners - Report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTFBBQ

I DESPISE THIS LINK WITH EVERY OUNCE OF ME
Bluesummers
it seems like were going to get 110 if they do accept cry.gif
acid911
Holy Cow! blink.gif sad.gif cry.gif
Bluesummers
if we sell him at 26, it'll be the stupidest transfer decision we have ever done in milan's history so far.
MizNelson
You guys are off your nut if you believe anything the rumor whores at Goal.com place on their slop trough of a site.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 14 2009, 03:35 PM) *
According to Mediaset, they DID refuse point-blank. City came in with a stated interest in Dida. Once they sat down, however, they immediately started asking about Kaka.

City's asking about Dida was only a ruse so they could get their foot in the door about Kaka. Galliani & Co. took the bait, obviously, but I'm glad we're apparently telling them to take a hike.

Plus, no way in hell will Dida play for an English team, and off the bat I found it hard to believe that they were willing to pony up for a 35-year-old GK as "competition" for Joe Hart. Right.
Zed.D
Not that I believe what goal.com says about this particular case, but since our management have put making $$$ ahead of everything in recent years, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they were itching to sell Kaka now.
Bluesummers
now there using ancelotti to lure kaka omg. They want to sign carlo ancelotti buffon and gattuso hoping that would inspire kaka to move.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 15 2009, 01:20 PM) *
now there using ancelotti to lure kaka omg. They want to sign carlo ancelotti buffon and gattuso hoping that would inspire kaka to move.

blink.gif

And who says this? laugh.gif
Bluesummers
Buffon, Gattuso and Kakà, but not all. The sheiks of the City seem eager to bring to Manchester a technician who knows all three samples: Carlo Ancelotti, who for several months expressed a desire to live new experiences, the Ivory Coast and all over Rome. The money is certainly not a problem for Citizens, but we will see if there is, after that

gazetta, mediaset, goal all say the same thing so its prolly true: link
Bluesummers
i dont mind if carlo goes but please go alone
Zed.D
Now they're reporting City have withdrawn their bid!
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 14 2009, 11:35 PM) *

It's just that no official statement to that effect appeared on acmilan.com. Given who owns Mediaset, I tend to believe their take on events for Milan-related stuff.

As for the armband, I have no problem if Kaka is someday captain, but it's only fair that he wait his turn.

Ah right, as ususal the british press had painted a different picture and made it seem like we were open to offers rolleyes.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 15 2009, 08:50 AM) *

They can't even sign craig bellamy LMFAO laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Jack Sparrow
The media loves to think that everything will run on money. Chelsea has deluded them it seems. IMO the Chelsea Project of Abramovich has been a huge disappointment.

The last succesful mega money project in my opinion is probably the Milan of Sacchi and Capello and I'm still not certain it worked out to be self-sustaining. Do any of the puritans know when Don Silvio stopped active financing of the club.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 15 2009, 02:50 PM) *
The last succesful mega money project in my opinion is probably the Milan of Sacchi and Capello

And Galacticos wasn't 'successful'? Madrid won everything in that period.
Jack Sparrow
I knew it was gonna come up. Are you saying it was successful? How many times do you take the name of 'Real Madrid galaticos' in respect? Compare your Madrid Galaticos to Gli Invincibli or Gli Immortali (Capello and Sacchi respectively) and then consider your success parameters. The Galaticos or more precisely the Zidanes e Pavones philosophy was a failure, and it's taken Madrid quite some time to recover from it. It even led the Prez to lose the election.

Take a look at that period again. I'd assume it began with Perez's election. So from July 2000, then for the next 3 years, it was a succesful outfit. The damage afterwards cannot be underestimated. kurt already posted the link which shows the debt Real Madrid is in. (It's not equivalent to the bankruptcy coz they have the assets to match).

If you consider a successful club project as 3 years, then that's fine. I don't. A project must succesfully take a club to a new level of success and keep it there. For instance, I consider the Randy Lerner-MON project to be a success. From a mid-table team Villa are now definitely CL position contenders and don't look likely to fall off unless they stand still while their competition takes huge leaps (unlikely but possible). I consider Arsenal V1 to be a succesful project. Arsenal from a top club became title contenders. Arsenal v2 on the other hand, despite Wenger's assurance it is a work in progress doesn't look to me to be happening. I hope you get what I'm saying. BUT they haven't fallen from the perch completely, so it's not a disastrous venture either.

So as an experiment the Galaticos failed, coz Madrid just fell from the heights they achieved.

Milan from Sacchi went to the Capello era. Of course what happened afterwards was chaos, but that was a different story with different reasons.

Onto Chelsea,I don't think Abramovich, just wanted to win immediately and then stop. He wanted it to continue. In fact he wanted all the things Silvio achieved with the AC Milan takeover, but he went about it the wrong way.

I fear Manchester City are making the same mistake. Sadly I think the problem is the manager. He doesn't have the cred to attract top players. He'll need to drag the club to the top with the players he's got and then go for the big names. Money alone won't suffice, you have to guarantee success too.
dst
DON'T SELL RICKY!

sleep.gif
Zed.D
Don't mistake 'respect' for 'success'. you said 'successful', I brought up the Galacticos Madrid because they were successful, i.e. they won everything! (and.. made a lot of $$$ as well)

And after all, didn't Milan, too, enter a dark period after Capello in late 90's? didn't Milan fall as well? (hell, we are in a dark period right now! Madrid never failed to reach a CL spot after Galacticos era!)

The only difference I see is that our big money project lasted a couple of more years.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 11:25 AM) *
Don't mistake 'respect' for 'success'. you said 'successful', I brought up the Galacticos Madrid because they were successful, i.e. they won everything! (and.. made a lot of $$$ as well)

And after all, didn't Milan, too, enter a dark period after Capello in late 90's? didn't Milan fall as well? (hell, we are in a dark period right now! Madrid never failed to reach a CL spot after Galacticos era!)

The only difference I see is that our big money project lasted a couple of more years.

IIRC madrid only started making the big money when Beckham signed for them.

And yes we did have a dark period because we didn't continue buying for the future when things were going well(can you see a similarity?). Instead we tried buying the entire Ajax team expecting instant success dry.gif
mallamkay
am glad Kaka wants to stay but i wonder if it wuld be better for us if he leaves
Zed.D
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jan 15 2009, 03:26 PM) *
IIRC madrid only started making the big money when Beckham signed for them.

Are you telling me Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo didn't make big money for Real? I would never believe that! wink.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 15 2009, 12:56 PM) *
Are you telling me Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo didn't make big money for Real? I would never believe that! wink.gif

Their money just paid the debts, but when Becks signed they became the second highest earning club behind Manu IIRC
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (mallamkay @ Jan 15 2009, 12:36 PM) *
am glad Kaka wants to stay but i wonder if it wuld be better for us if he leaves

IMO we shouldn't sell Ricky for any amount of money as there is no one to replace him. Without him we are one dimensional.

My dream is for man s*itty to buy R80 for £25m and Dida for £5m and we could throw Emmerson in for free cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City Withdraw Bid For Milan's Kaka?

Sky Sports News reports that Manchester City have withdrawn their bid for Milan's Brazilian superstar Kaka.
The potential transfer has been gathering steam, but now appears to have hit a road block.

More to follow...

Can we all in the words of Bluey STFU now? Yup, it hit a road block. It was Milan flipping the bird. Now I hope we shall stop cursing Galliani over this topic at least?
Zed.D
Captain, this "City withdraw" news came before the "City have not withdrawn yet" news.
Jack Sparrow
Really? I presumed it was new. Since goal.com, just put it out.

Either case I'm not worried. This was the same City who said Ronaldinho was very very interested in their project when Milan was bidding.
Zed.D
Agreed. nothing's going to happen right now. I will worry about it in the summer. especially if Man City make it to the European football (EDIT: and we somehow fail to reach the CL again! the odds are very slim, but it's not impossible)

Jack Sparrow
+1

Beyond a point, no one is unselleable.
Warchant
QUOTE (mallamkay @ Jan 15 2009, 06:36 AM) *

is this a serious post?

or is there suppose to be some sort of sarcasm pouring off of this post?

selling Kaka, right now, would be the stupidest thing this club has ever done.

on any given weekend is one of the top 5 players in the world, our fans love him, he loves Milan and he's an overall good face to have for our team. what advantage would there be in getting rid of him?
weeeow
Ricky is too important to Milan, and vice versa. I'm pretty sure he'll stay for the time being but Milan must pull their socks up and start being the Milan that I knew, the Milan that was feared throughout Europe, the Milan that is breathtaking to watch - I mean playing well, not losing my breath hyperventilating because Emerzero is on the ball! wink.gif
dst
BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City Withdraw Bid For Milan's Kaka?

BREAKING NEWS: Armageddon is coming???

Some guy at the coffee house? heard from a guy that was taking a ****? in the toilet? that a huge meteor is heading towards Earth? This is the end? Breaking news headlines that end with a question mark will cease to exist? Oh my? I love? things that are so breaking? you're not even sure how breaking they are? and so you have to put a question mark in the end? Things a taxi driver? said to his fiance? when talking to her on the phone? But now all this is going to end? Dependable and credible journalism is no more? Yeah it SURELY IS THE END? I heard? it through the drainage tube? Or was it that lady at the bus station?

The sure thing is?: ARMAGEDDON IS COMING?

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jan 15 2009, 03:03 PM) *
My dream is for man s*itty to buy R80 for £25m and Dida for £5m and we could throw Emmerson in for free cool.gif

Oh that would be wonderful!

I used to like Manchester...
agenth
It seems like management is likely to sell, they are all about money nowadays.
plus man city seem to be actually serious unlike RM & chelsea...
agenth
Il Milan ha comunicato, tramite il suo canale satellitare Milan Channel, di avere ricevuto un'offerta ufficiale dal Manchester City per Ricardo Kakà e di "stare ponderando" la stessa. Che, in termini economici, è colossale: fonti italiane e inglesi confermano che sul piatto ci sono 150 milioni per la società rossonera e 15 netti all'anno per il giocatore. E i "rumours" portano nella direzione di un accordo in realtà già raggiunto.

UM WHAT?!?! I dont understand italian, but oi got this from a forum, and it seems to be a bad omen. 150mill€?!!? WOW.
Diavolo
19.31 Dai microfoni di Milan Channel, canale tematico ufficiale della società, la compagine rossonera fa sapere che l'offerta del Manchester City per Kakà esiste, è reale: "Ma la stiamo valutando". Dunque è ufficiale: il Manchester City ha presentato un'offerta stratosferica da 150 milioni di euro per Kakà.

FROM Milan Chanell:
Milan HAS RECEIVED A NEW OFFER from Man. City for 150 M. EUR and they are thinking about it!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THEY CAN'T SELL KAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F@CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tennie
Has anyone considered that it may be Kaka who wants to go? 15 million euros a year is an awful lot of money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.