Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summer Transfers 2016
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
d'Arc.LP
(When) Will the Summer Transfers 2016 thread open ?

Never mind, Ill post here on my thoughts about our next transfer window, if we sell the club.

Whoever buys Milan, should know already that the club is in deep crisis of identity and perfoming. It is not only the players who have lost their mentality, it is also the people around in the menagment who dont behave and work like should. I read rumors that some ex Milan players could be included in menagment (ie Maldini and Rivera) also Leonardo. I personally would welcome Leonardo back in the club, despite the things that have happen with him and the reason to do that is because the man knows how to do his job. The only problem is if he would agree to come back.

As for the team players, I only see Dounnarumma, Romanogli, Bacca as starters in our XI after the summer. Maybe giving Abate, Antonelli, Kucka, Bertolaci (only because we invested quite much in him), Bonaventura, Niang and Balotelli a chance to fight for their place also. As for the likes of Abbiati, Zapata, Mexes, Alex, Montolivo, Honda, Menez and Boateng they shouldnt be let to enter Milanello. Abbiati is past his time as a football player, regardles of the role he plays in. Same goes for Mexes and Alex (who would make a good backup if he was any good to rely on when you need him not to make a mistake), Zapata is someone who never stood up to expectations (based on the kind of performances he delivered when he played for Udinese), Montolivo is a Pirlo wanna be who never had and never will have the skills to perform even as 30% of Pirlo, even though he delivered some good matches when Mihajlovic put him into the fire. Boateng is just a bad recycled paper, we never should have gotten him and sooner we let him go the better. As for Honda and Menez, they have the abilities to pull some things but theyre just not what we need. Honda is no winger (even though he played better at the wing than he is playing now in the center) and Menez is just to selfish to play next to Bacca.

So, based on the above and knowing that we have some players loaned, I would like our team to build around:

First XI: Donnarumma, Romanogli and Bacca.

Chance to prove (Bench - First XI): Gabriel, Abate, Antonelli, Bertolaci, Bonaventura, Suso, Niang and Balotelli.

Back ups: Paletta, De Sciglio, Mauri, Kucka and Verdi.

As for the transfers, we really need someone experienced to play with Romanogli (who I strongly believe can be our second Nesta), someone like Thiago Silva (I read some months ago rumors that he might come back). Hummels would be good also. As for the full backs, I think we should go overseas and search, even though I heard we already signed a left back from Argentina.

The midfield is the most important segment we have to fix and invest on. Kovacic would not be very bad, knowing the kids potential. We also need someone like Witsel in order for us to iron the midfield. Granit Xhaka would be perfect, but the guy is already on his way to England. As for the wingers (supposing we will play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3) then there are plenty of good players we could look up. Shaqiri on the right, who would be eager to prove himself in higher level again after failing with Inter. He is still young and has some abilities that we could use. As for the left wing Im still not sure if I prefer El Shaarawy (heard that Roma is not willing to pay 13m for him) and Bonaventura split it, or I would like us to transfer someone else.

Bacca is a killer striker, he just needs someone to feed him asists. A very skilled dribbler and passer, but I cant think of anyone at the moment. An example would be someone like Menez but a less selfish.

So, my first and back up XI would look like this:

----------------Donnarumma
Abate - Th. Silva ------ Romanogli - Antonelli
------------Witsel --------Kovacic
--Shaqiri----------------------------El Sharawy
--------------Niang ---- Bacca

Back Up XI:

-----------------Gabriel
Calabria - R. Ely ----- Paletta - De Sciglio
-------Kucka/Mauri --- Bertolacci
--Suso ------------------------------- Bonaventura
------------- Adriano --- Balotelli

This would probably cost us at least 100-120m, from which 30-40m would be collected from selling the players left out, but Im sure it would bring us back to Champions Leauge, if not winning Scudetto right away. Sure we need a hell of a coach, I hear we could go after Pellegrini, someone I wouldnt mind at all. He has a lot of experience and skills.
CrazyMilanFan
well first thing the big if, will milan be sold anytime soon. My worry is that this whole thing could continue till the end of summer. dry.gif
Fillipo Simone
You make it sound like the shift in management wouldn't result a complete overhaul of our roster.

I think that if a new management with new staff comes in (and really, Rivera? Isn't he too old and also implicated by being a poor club president before Berlusconi?) new transfer policies and new players should follow in.

Sure, we should keep a few of the current players, maybe even as a kind of backbone. But we should get rid of players like Bertolacci, Mauri, Adriano, Poli, Mexes, and especially Montolivo. However, I'm more then keen on giving SES a new chance. His solid to good performances at Roma convinced me enough.

We should bring in a new mentality at the club with new faces.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 1 2016, 10:10 PM) *
You make it sound like the shift in management wouldn't result a complete overhaul of our roster.

I think that if a new management with new staff comes in (and really, Rivera? Isn't he too old and also implicated by being a poor club president before Berlusconi?) new transfer policies and new players should follow in.

Sure, we should keep a few of the current players, maybe even as a kind of backbone. But we should get rid of players like Bertolacci, Mauri, Adriano, Poli, Mexes, and especially Montolivo. However, I'm more then keen on giving SES a new chance. His solid to good performances at Roma convinced me enough.

We should bring in a new mentality at the club with new faces.

Actullay I think those changes are quite large, thats why I went with the wild guesses. Otherwise if we dont sell, there is no way that we buy someone. Maybe we sell Bacca and Donnarumma to balance the books (which were -89million for this year) but no other change will happen, at least not for good.

This is from some days ago:

The Association of Small Shareholders have proposed the appointment of some former players in the board of directors:
Rivera, Maldini, Boban, Albertini and Seedorf.
However, the board proppossed by Fininvest has been approved.

Fininvest has proposed the following composition of the Board of Directors:
Barbara Berlusconi, Paolo Berlusconi, Leonardo Brivio, Pasquale Cannatelli, Giancarlo Foscale, Leandro Cantamessa and Adriano Galliani.
han2503
All Summer transfer talk here
han2503
Moved the discussion here wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Sell AC Milan, buy Lionel Messi. Win Everything!
d'Arc.LP
CorSport: Milan have closed Feyenoord's talent, Tonny Vilhena. The contract of the 21-year-old will expire in summer and he's also a cilent of Mino Raiola
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ May 4 2016, 02:57 PM) *
CorSport: Milan have closed Feyenoord's talent, Tonny Vilhena. The contract of the 21-year-old will expire in summer and he's also a cilent of Mino Raiola

Oh goody, and we continue to make deals with this vile turd...

I hope this at least gives us a shot at Ibra...

Is Vilhena at least showing signs of being able to fulfil his promise? Anyone follow the Dutch league here?

Also: Besiktas executives are expected to be in Milano in the next weeks to try to close the deal with Zapata. #Sky
Rossoneri7
It's the season to be jolly fla lala lala la la

China take over of Milan this summer and expect a CL worthy side as a result. I want Carlo back to rebuild. Maldini in some capacity and close to the team. Galliani will resign, maybe stay on for an interim period, but the tides are definitely against those appointed and representing Silvio. The man has agreed to sell, if figures are accurate 750M for 51% of his stake in Milan; that translates to valuation of the club at 1.4 billion, if the sale happens. Power of management will go to the Chinese. A turning point in Milan and maybe identity/culture change as a result?

milanbuf88
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 4 2016, 06:49 PM) *
It's the season to be jolly fla lala lala la la

China take over of Milan this summer and expect a CL worthy side as a result. I want Carlo back to rebuild. Maldini in some capacity and close to the team. Galliani will resign, maybe stay on for an interim period, but the tides are definitely against those appointed and representing Silvio. The man has agreed to sell, if figures are accurate 750M for 51% of his stake in Milan; that translates to valuation of the club at 1.4 billion, if the sale happens. Power of management will go to the Chinese. A turning point in Milan and maybe identity/culture change as a result?

Why would Carlo turn down Bayern for this Milan? That would be madness.
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ May 4 2016, 11:01 PM) *
Why would Carlo turn down Bayern for this Milan? That would be madness.

He's already signed for them anyway.
Jack Sparrow
He wants Carlo at Milan. That's different.

I heard something about exclusivity agreements. Meaning, that once Silvio signs up with the Chinese, in return for the financial guarantees (~150 MM) being deposited with Finninvest, it means that no deal can cross 1 million without the prospective buyers signing off on it.

So how many think that Galliani going to Real Madrid was to attend a job interview at Real Madrid? biggrin.gif
han2503
I think it will be for a 70% share of the club not just 51%, Milan sadly isn't worth that much anymore.
Ry4n
Milan captain Riccardo Montolivo is linked with a move to Bundesliga side FC Köln......so there is a god!

Fillipo Simone
Köln? Hahahahaha
X-Offender
QUOTE (Ry4n @ May 21 2016, 04:34 PM) *
Milan captain Riccardo Montolivo is linked with a move to Bundesliga side FC Köln......so there is a god!

Just because he is linked doesn't mean he'll go. And he won't.
Fillipo Simone
Surely he won't. But the rumor by itself tells you everything. Did you hear anytime Pirlo being linked with Köln?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 21 2016, 10:28 PM) *
Surely he won't. But the rumor by itself tells you everything. Did you hear anytime Pirlo being linked with Köln?

I don't need a rumor to tell me how absolutely garbage Montolivo is. I've been witnessing that first hand for years now.
Fillipo Simone
He's not garbage, I won't let that pass by. But thing is, he's way past his prime and we need someone new, someone fresh and better.
X-Offender
He's way past his time, ergo he's garbage. Not that he was any great when he was in his prime.
Fillipo Simone
No need for such vulgar language though.
X-Offender
Oh, come on now...
Fillipo Simone
Well, it's not necessary to degrade to such levels. Someone might still like or even be fond of Monty. No need to flicker those harsh words just because you can. Would you like to be called garbage when you end up past your prime? Would you tell it into his face? I don't think so.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 22 2016, 12:06 AM) *
Well, it's not necessary to degrade to such levels. Someone might still like or even be fond of Monty. No need to flicker those harsh words just because you can. Would you like to be called garbage when you end up past your prime? Would you tell it into his face? I don't think so.

Are you even aware that we're talking about a player who has tarnished the shirt he's wearing for most of his stay at this club, someone who has completely disgraced that glorious armband, someone who doesn't put an ounce of grit and passion in most of his performances, and yet calls himself captain of AC Milan? Sorry Fillipo, but Montolivo is garbage, and he doesn't deserve respect from any fan.
Ry4n
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2016, 01:43 AM) *
Just because he is linked doesn't mean he'll go. And he won't.

lol i know that i just found it funny and i hope he does leave what farce hes the captain..
han2503
He'll probably get a renewal rolleyes.gif

I don't agree with x-off taking it to the extreme here and saying he's garbage, he's a half decent player but one who's always been out of his depth at Milan and to make him captain simply compounded that fact

At the end of the day he should take an offer with a smaller club as he's simply not good enough, same thing can be said for the majority of our players so that's all I'll say about that one.
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 22 2016, 02:14 PM) *
He'll probably get a renewal rolleyes.gif

more then likely or two year... sad.gif
kurtsimonw
Honda out. Please.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 22 2016, 04:28 PM) *
Honda out. Please.

What a massive failure he turned out in the end. I was so excited when we signed him.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 22 2016, 04:28 PM) *
Honda out. Please.

There are so many that could have their name there. Let's see what happens with this Chinese because if the sale doesn't go through I'd still keep Honda as we have no one decent enough to replace him and we won't buy anyone better either

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2016, 05:09 PM) *
What a massive failure he turned out in the end. I was so excited when we signed him.

Meh, we all knew that he was limited to begin with, I wanted him as well but mostly because it was an unwritten fact that we wouldn't get anyone better, plus he was for free and had commercial value.

I also read somewhere that Juve want DS. He hasn't been all that good and he certainly hasn't come good, but selling anyone to Juve imo is a big NO. The Pirlo fiasco should be enough of a deterrent to last us a lifetime of nightmares. What a huge f@ck up that one was.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 22 2016, 08:38 PM) *
There are so many that could have their name there. Let's see what happens with this Chinese because if the sale doesn't go through I'd still keep Honda as we have no one decent enough to replace him and we won't buy anyone better either

Meh, we all knew that he was limited to begin with, I wanted him as well but mostly because it was an unwritten fact that we wouldn't get anyone better, plus he was for free and had commercial value.

I also read somewhere that Juve want DS. He hasn't been all that good and he certainly hasn't come good, but selling anyone to Juve imo is a big NO. The Pirlo fiasco should be enough of a deterrent to last us a lifetime of nightmares. What a huge f@ck up that one was.

Pirlo was Pirlo, a legend. DS is another Santon. Great potential but sh*t delivery.

And I expected much, much more from Honda. I knew he wasn't another Seedorf, but he's been absolutely crap this entire time with us.
Jack Sparrow
I've always liked Honda. Good team player and works hard. And he's been effective for us. Of course, if you're talking about some player who can completely take the game by the scruff of the neck, he's not it.

A Seedorf in his prime would struggle in this crap team. Apparently Jose Mauri in a team talk said the same thing. "When we win the ball, we don't know what to do!". laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 24 2016, 07:13 AM) *
I've always liked Honda. Good team player and works hard. And he's been effective for us. Of course, if you're talking about some player who can completely take the game by the scruff of the neck, he's not it.

A Seedorf in his prime would struggle in this crap team. Apparently Jose Mauri in a team talk said the same thing. "When we win the ball, we don't know what to do!". laugh.gif

Sorry but I think you're way off in your judgments. Good team player and works hard, but to what benefit? For an attackng mid his end product is garbage.
X-Offender
Montolivo, Antonelli snd Calabria have renewed till 2019.

The web is going absolutely mad about Monto's renewal. 3 million a year for a crap player. Dear lord...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 24 2016, 03:05 PM) *
Montolivo, Antonelli snd Calabria have renewed till 2019.

The web is going absolutely mad about Monto's renewal. 3 million a year for a crap player. Dear lord...

And the bad decisions keep on rolling...

Did this renewal come with the seal of approval from our supposed new owners to be? Because FFS!! I thought we were going to move past this sh!t. And is it really for another 3 years?

Who the f*** is still allowing Galliani to make these decisions FFS?

Jack Sparrow
Absolutely annoyed at that decision. We couldn't offer Pirlo a 3 year contract, but this guy gets it.

This Ital-Milan nonsense has to have some basis in performance. It's not about representation.
Ry4n
Just more money to waste jeez....
Fillipo Simone
So CdS said if Berlu remains than Ibra won't come (too expensive) and Brocchi stays as coach. Unbelievable, it's like he's purposely going at lengths to shove it all in you face.
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif I don't understand the purpose of the takeover then. So weird.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 30 2016, 08:48 AM) *
So CdS said if Berlu remains than Ibra won't come (too expensive) and Brocchi stays as coach. Unbelievable, it's like he's purposely going at lengths to shove it all in you face.

Is this in the context of the takeover not going through or if he's left in his position as president until the Chinese buy out the rest of the shares?

If Brocchi stays it's another season flushed down the toilet, no matter who we buy.

I find it hard to believe though that any investors who are going to be coming in and taking the majority stake plus putting in the cash will allow Silvio to make such important decisions though

I think the Ibra deal depends solely on the takeover going through though as we simply cannot afford him otherwise. I think that if he were going to sign for United he would have already done so as soon as Mourinho was officially announced.
Fillipo Simone
If the Chinese don't take over at Milan...
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 30 2016, 05:50 PM) *
If the Chinese don't take over at Milan...

Ah ok.

Well, I would expect nothing less than the status quo if this take-over goes in the direction that the Bee one did. Of course Silvio and Galliani will keep playing tug of war with the coaches and buying every available striker out there.

That being said, I think things will go through this time, I read a couple of quotes from Silvio and he seems decided by what he says
X-Offender
This deal has to go through, for the sake of AC Milan and Italian football.
Jack Sparrow
The only, and I think only advantage we have with Silvio staying on, is that due to his political connections maybe some activities like a new stadium might progress smoother with less bureaucracy.
Fillipo Simone
I think that Berlusconi has still influence on the team as well. Look at our performances with him on the stands; usually ending up either with a win or at least a good show.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 31 2016, 07:11 AM) *
The only, and I think only advantage we have with Silvio staying on, is that due to his political connections maybe some activities like a new stadium might progress smoother with less bureaucracy.

Highly doubt it.
Ry4n
Out of interest how many clubs are owned by foreigners in Serie A ? I mean who really wants to invest in this horrible league i can see why they want to in EPL..
X-Offender
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jun 3 2016, 05:40 PM) *
Out of interest how many clubs are owned by foreigners in Serie A ? I mean who really wants to invest in this horrible league i can see why they want to in EPL..

The attraction of big household names, perhaps? Milan and Inter are huge in Asia.
Ry4n
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 3 2016, 10:15 PM) *
The attraction of big household names, perhaps? Milan and Inter are huge in Asia.

I was more talking about propping the league up as a whole not just the big teams. Like how it was in the 90s

Some of the lesser clubs in Italy are worth nothing on paper but are rattled with debt.

I just think all this messing about with Berlusconi & Co , will he or won't he sell...can't see it happening to be honest not unless he kneels over and his children sell. Even then i would of thought Barbara would hold on to a steak in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.