Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cassano
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
servbot
I hope the door hit him in the *** on the way out.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 22 2012, 03:16 PM) *
I don't. He can rot there for all I care.

Sarcasm my friend wink.gif
kurtsimonw
In Cassano's defense, I don't think he seriously expected the entire team to be sold. I wouldn't stay at Milan in this situation.
arivanjj
ur WELCOME cassano dry.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 22 2012, 05:07 PM) *
My heart is aflutter with excitment at seeing that pic...

You will be even more aroused when Ze Eduard will be holding our shirt.

But Cassano is still a piece of ****.
acid911
This guy's funny. laugh.gif But can't fault him and his preference to rub his round bottom in a lot of different clubs throughout his career. A true journeyman, like Christian Vieri. I wasn't ecstatic when he arrived, I sure as heaven and hell not sad he left. Thanks for the memories, Cassano, even though they were so great.

And well, his recent interview was expected. sleep.gif Not a word of praise for AC Milan, huh, Cassano?
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 22 2012, 05:36 PM) *
Thanks for the memories, Cassano, even though they were so great.

*weren't

wink.gif
acid911
Ah, an honest mistake. blush.gif I had to run out to answer the phone, just typed it very quick. Weren't it is.
Fillipo Simone
The trouble is, he was great, especially under these circumstances we have lately.
acid911
Yeah, well I like to call it 'Faulty Greatness'. sleep.gif What good is talent when it is wasted wandering around.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 22 2012, 06:24 PM) *
Yeah, well I like to call it 'Faulty Greatness'. sleep.gif What good is talent when it is wasted wandering around.

So in fact you're deluding yourself, like I do it. Well, I understand your point of you. Agreed. wink.gif
TriniKing_CE
I wish we had the likes of Maldini & Nesta to deal with this ungrateful pr!ck when the derby comes around.

But truth be told, with our current defensive situation, I see nothing but a very sour taste being left in our mouth! dry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2012, 01:13 AM) *
So in fact you're deluding yourself, like I do it. Well, I understand your point of you. Agreed.

True. sad.gif As they say most of the world is made of gray areas. Cassano, sadly was more grayer than others. But it's better calling things how one sees them, and well there's nothing wrong in having faults and greatness. It just makes a person more human. Through all of this, I do wish we never signed the guy, at all.

I'd have much more readily appreciated Cassano's talents, with him wearing new shirts every year or so. Pain free.

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 23 2012, 06:58 AM) *
I wish we had the likes of Maldini & Nesta to deal with this ungrateful pr!ck when the derby comes around.

But truth be told, with our current defensive situation, I see nothing but a very sour taste being left in our mouth!

Truer. cry.gif Let's just hope for two off-days for him in this season's derbies. Or derby, you never know Cassano may move after six months or fall out-of-favor with Inter management/coach. But nevertheless, we needed at least a Silva to maintain some sanity in defense. Maldini & Nesta would have been bliss.

But when guys like Borriello score against Milan (and celebrate in the face), then well, anything can happen.
kurtsimonw
Give it a week and he'll want to go to Juve.
acid911
You know what, that isn't outside the realm of possibility. biggrin.gif Juventus and Napoli, seeing as the guy is only 30.
Fillipo Simone
No. I hope he rots at Inter, the good-old choker Inter that appeared last season.
Zed.D
I hope we sign De Jong, if you get what I mean...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 23 2012, 11:54 AM) *
I hope we sign De Jong, if you get what I mean...

Zed.D
Exactement biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
Trading Bommel for the real thug rolleyes.gif

He was one of the worst players overall in this years Euro IMO.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2012, 02:13 PM) *
Trading Bommel for the real thug rolleyes.gif

He was one of the worst players overall in this years Euro IMO.

Yep.

Last season he didn't play an awful lot for Citeh and when he played they had a much higher loss ratio than when he didn't play. Don't think it's a coincidence.
CHU-LIP
Nigel de Jong is good in both winning and losing the ball.

Last match he played in front of the defense (Van Gaal put both Sneijder and Van der Vaart in front of him), and one goal was because De Jong lost the ball (couldn't first touch an easy pass to him well). And then I thought ''again he f's up in national team???''...

Our midfield is that weak, that he would strength it, but we shouldn't spend too much on him if anything.
KillerMax
Thanks for the help Cassano. Off you go.
Rossoneri7
Cassano: 'Milan were wrong, not me'

Antonio Cassano launched an attack on Milan and Adriano Galliani after his transfer to Inter. “This time I’m not the one who got it wrong. I wasn't ungrateful.”

The fiery striker has moved around Roma, Real Madrid and Sampdoria with controversial spells and temper tantrums, but surprised many with his switch across San Siro this week.

“The important thing for me was for everyone to agree with the move. I want to thank the President, but also Marco Branca and Piero Ausilio,” said Cassano in today’s Press conference. “I publicly thank them because they had faith in Antonio the man.

“Massimo Moratti told me many things, but I won’t reveal them. He wanted me here back from the days of Roberto Mancini. However, as I was completely crazy at the time, it was right not to sign me.

“There was steam coming out of my ears, but now I am relaxed and calm, so it’s a good decision to bring me to Inter. I am happy to be here.”

Cassano has so far refused to reveal why he put in a transfer request at Milan, but hinted it was Galliani and President Silvio Berlusconi.

“When I joined Milan I said that if I got it wrong there then I ought to be locked up. Well, this time I’m not the one who got it wrong. I had to leave. There was someone above the Coach who did something wrong and I can’t stand it when people take me for a ride.

“When I was ill, my teammates were very close to me, but this person promised so much. It was all smoke and no fire.

“This time I want to deal with men who let me know when things are right or wrong. I want to be told face to face what the real situation is. Elsewhere they say some things and do others instead.

“The promises that Milan made? Ask this other person, who is so good at turning the situation around. He gets on only with those who suck up to him, but that’s not my style.”

FantAntonio had expressed his dismay over the summer at the idea Thiago Silva could be sold, so was distraught when both the defender and Zlatan Ibrahimovic moved to PSG simultaneously.

“I counted for very little at Milan. I thank the people there who helped me out and even saved my life, while Mauro Tassotti was very close to me. You cannot say I was ungrateful. It was important for me to come to Inter because they are a team who want to win.

“I had a good offer from Qatar, which I would like, but I’d love to be at the World Cup with Italy and that means playing in a real League. I’ve always supported Inter and everyone wanted me here, while I really wanted to work with Yuto Nagatomo. Will I debut tomorrow against Pescara? The Coach will see.”

Regardless of how credible his story is ... Piece of **** does not have any morals in him at all.
Fillipo Simone
Naah, either he tells the whole story or he shuts his mouth. This can only be interpreted as him and Inter trying to play games with Milan.
X-Offender
So his problem was with Galliani. What was the problem, though?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 25 2012, 04:14 PM) *
So his problem was with Galliani. What was the problem, though?

Why should we believe his word though? I must say, the interview I've read above...does not give any concrete material. The story sounds unconvincing to me.

I counted for very little at Milan = Milan did not want to raise his payroll to the level he wanted.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 25 2012, 06:21 PM) *
Why should we believe his word though? I must say, the interview I've read above...does not give any concrete material. The story sounds unconvincing to me.

I counted for very little at Milan = Milan did not want to raise his payroll to the level he wanted.

laugh.gif
acid911
I publicly thank them because they had faith in Antonio the man.

Well, you aren't much of a man, Antonio, but thanks for reminding us. See you in the derby!
TriniKing_CE
As unprofessionally and ungratefully as he may have handled the situation.

I am inclined to believe some of what he says.
Fillipo Simone
But what did he tell us? Someone did something wrong and then Cassano turned into a backstabbing traitor?
kurtsimonw
"There was someone above the Coach who did something wrong and I can’t stand it when people take me for a ride."

“When I was ill, my teammates were very close to me, but this person promised so much. It was all smoke and no fire."

This sounds to me like he was either promised a new deal or that he was told we wouldn't be selling more stars/trying to remain competitive and then Silva and Ibra being sold was a broken promise.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2012, 01:23 PM) *
This sounds to me like he was either promised a new deal or that he was told we wouldn't be selling more stars/trying to remain competitive and then Silva and Ibra being sold was a broken promise.

Yes, something along those lines.
Zed.D
+1 @ what kurt said. it's obviously that.

Hopefully some people won't blame Allegri for this one, even though something tells me they will!
servbot
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2012, 12:23 PM) *

Galliani promised not to buy a replacement for him while he recovered. Unless he's counting bringing Maxi Lopez in for that short time as buying a replacement, than Cassano is still crazy. What a *****.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 25 2012, 07:20 PM) *
+1 @ what kurt said. it's obviously that.

Hopefully some people won't blame Allegri for this one, even though something tells me they will!

Yep, even though Cassano specifically stated it's not Allegri. laugh.gif
acid911
Why would any sane person blame Allegri on this, when it's clear he's referring to Galliani. huh.gif ohmy.gif Fester sure is turning into 'Public Enemy Number 1', first Paolo, then Allegeri episodes and now this. The guy is probably finding it hard to manage the club and Berlusconi.

Can't say I feel sorry for him after the crazy and stupid contracts he handed out after 2007. Reason for our mess!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 25 2012, 08:46 PM) *
Why would any sane person blame Allegri on this, when it's clear he's referring to Galliani. huh.gif ohmy.gif Fester sure is turning into 'Public Enemy Number 1', first Paolo, then Allegeri episodes and now this. The guy is probably finding it hard to manage the club and Berlusconi.

Well, there are plenty of deluded people here around who always play the Allegri card tongue.gif tongue.gif
acid911
Aye. smile.gif I can understanding rooting for the one who's under fire, but not in this case. wink.gif If anything, Allegri apparently took a stance in vetoing the transfer of Ze Eduardo, so that's +1 for him in my book.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 25 2012, 08:20 PM) *

I know han will. biggrin.gif
X-Offender
More Cassano comedy. Declarations from Italian magazine 'Chi' of 20 May:

"When I was in the hospital, Galliani called me every day. It was him who told me what happened. He really acted like a father"

"I'm really sorry about those who might leave this team, because when you leave a club like this, then you start realizing the mistake. Here at Milan, from the cook to the president, they all treat you like a king. It's like a fairytale. Who would leave this team?"

"My contract expires in 2014. Firstly I want to start playing again, then in 2014 we'll see about renewing, even though I want to stay here as long as possible. I want everyone to remember me here at Milan like a champion, not like a clown"

Link

Biggest facepalm in history? I think so.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 28 2012, 04:28 AM) *
I want everyone to remember me here at Milan like a champion, not like a clown"

It's hard not to like the idiot. biggrin.gif tongue.gif Oh, Cassano, you comedy gold, you!
Fillipo Simone
More then just a facepalm. It's illogical and I really can't believe it. What could Galliani have done to him? Or is he really insane?
kurtsimonw
Does Cassano suffer from Schizophrenia or something?
CHU-LIP
biggest clown ever
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 28 2012, 04:56 AM) *
What could Galliani have done to him? Or is he really insane?

I'll go with the later. sleep.gif Never liked the guy one bit. Cassano makes Totti look like Saint Peter.
KillerMax
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 27 2012, 07:49 PM) *
I'll go with the later. sleep.gif Never liked the guy one bit. Cassano makes Totti look like Saint Peter.

Ehem.
acid911
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 28 2012, 08:04 AM) *
Ehem.

What? huh.gif biggrin.gif
William405
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 28 2012, 06:13 AM) *
What? huh.gif biggrin.gif

latter ?tongue.gif
KillerMax
tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.