Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nesta
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
DugiNesta
for Me Nesta is the best Player in the world and the best center back how About you
YoungGun
You can't say a player is the best player, you just can say this is one of the best players in the world.
xudong
QUOTE (YoungGun @ Oct 18 2005, 01:00 PM)
You can't say a player is the best player, you just can say this is one of the best players in the world.

I think he is the best. king.gif wink.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (YoungGun @ Oct 18 2005, 07:00 PM)

He is, IMO, the best centre back in the world followed by John Terry.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Oct 18 2005, 08:48 PM)
He is, IMO, the best centre back in the world followed by John Terry.

I think Nesta at times is overrated I mean look how he got completely walked over by a English First Division player.

One of the best but not the best.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Sheva Is Brilliant 05 @ Oct 18 2005, 09:40 PM)
I think Nesta at times is overrated I mean look how he got completely walked over by a English First Division player.

Let's be serious, all players at one time or another have a bad game. In general, Nesta is outstanding for us and makes us look safer at the back when he plays.
xudong
QUOTE (Sheva Is Brilliant 05 @ Oct 18 2005, 03:40 PM)

when did that happen? ohmy.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (xudong @ Oct 18 2005, 10:50 PM)
when did that happen?  ohmy.gif

He was playing for Italy against Scotland a month or so ago.

He was marking Kenny Miller who plays for Wolverhampton Wanderers, who play in the English First Division and Nesta just couldn't cope with him.
xudong
QUOTE (Sheva Is Brilliant 05 @ Oct 18 2005, 05:40 PM)
He was playing for Italy against Scotland a month or so ago.

He was marking Kenny Miller who plays for Wolverhampton Wanderers, who play in the English First Division and Nesta just couldn't cope with him.

I didn't see that match. I will take your words for it though. I guess Nesta was probably having a bad day. Was that the one when Pirlo scored two freekicks?
AC_Milan>*
I think he's one of the best, not the best though. smile.gif

DugiNesta - I love your avatar. biggrin.gif
xudong
QUOTE (AC_Milan>* @ Oct 18 2005, 09:05 PM)
I think he's one of the best, not the best though.  smile.gif

DugiNesta - I love your avatar.  biggrin.gif

A question for you and those who insist that Nesta is only one of the best: who do u think is the best CB in the world? rolleyes.gif

Note that I am not asking who is in the best form right now. smile.gif
DugiNesta
i don't say he is the best player in the world but he is the best center back in the world
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (xudong @ Oct 18 2005, 11:42 PM)
I didn't see that match. I will take your words for it though. I guess Nesta was probably having a bad day. Was that the one when Pirlo scored two freekicks?

No it was Hampden Park (Scotland's Ground).

I think the final score was 1-1.

Yes Nesta was having a bad day.
xudong
QUOTE (Sheva Is Brilliant 05 @ Oct 19 2005, 04:43 PM)
No it was Hampden Park (Scotland's Ground).

I think the final score was 1-1.

Yes Nesta was having a bad day.

thanks for the info. smile.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (xudong @ Oct 21 2005, 05:24 AM)
thanks for the info. smile.gif

Ha ha no problem and to be fair Nesta was having a very off day he is not usually like that.
goyez
Nesta is the best center back! not only is he physically talanted but also mentally. He is very consistent and a steadfast player.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (goyez @ Oct 24 2005, 08:41 PM)
He is very consistent and a steadfast player.

That is very true smile.gif
xudong
i was astonished to see Nesta's name left out of the final 50 candidates for Golden Ball while Dopers have nine in it.

on another note, there is no Zambrotta in the nine zebras. tongue.gif one of dopers' players i don't mind taking to Milan.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (xudong @ Oct 24 2005, 09:04 PM)
i was astonished to see Nesta's name left out of the final 50 candidates for Golden Ball while Dopers have nine in it.

on another note, there is no Zambrotta in the nine zebras. tongue.gif one of dopers' players i don't mind taking to Milan.

I know some of the names in the top 50 are bemusing.
xudong
what's the criteria anyway? Nedved almost missed the whole season, and he was still nominated? mad.gif huh.gif Well, not that he will be crowned anyway, but still... mad.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (xudong @ Oct 24 2005, 09:12 PM)
what's the criteria anyway? Nedved almost missed the whole season, and he was still nominated?

Exactly, why was Luis Garcia nominated? What all you've got to do is score one good goal then you get nominated huh.gif

I think the criteria is the people the French like tongue.gif
xudong
QUOTE (Sheva Is Brilliant 05 @ Oct 24 2005, 03:32 PM)
Exactly, why was Luis Garcia nominated? What all you've got to do is score one good goal then you get nominated huh.gif

I think the criteria is the people the French like  tongue.gif

to be honest, luis garcia impressed me quite much when he eliminated Bayer and Juve. the goal against Chelsea was pure lucky though. mad.gif

but I heard that he is not even starting for Liverpool now, is it true? ohmy.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (xudong @ Oct 26 2005, 02:22 AM)
to be honest, luis garcia impressed me quite much when he eliminated Bayer and Juve. the goal against Chelsea was pure lucky though.  mad.gif

but I heard that he is not even starting for Liverpool now, is it true?  ohmy.gif

Yes but I thought to be European Footballer Of The Year you have to play well in your respective division as well which Garcia did not do.

No, he is still starting for them, he didn't play last night but that was only a league cup tie.
dst
that was me talking?? unsure.gif
GULLIVER
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 8 2006, 11:38 PM)
with the exception of his first season at San Siro he was playing better for Lazio
this season sucks, period!!

No, and again no.
Can you explain why, or you just didn't like his game?
Nova
unsure.gif You might as well put Paolo Maldini and kaka on the butchter table ... Nesta had like the hardest job on the planet without maldini ohmy.gif
dst
No, and again no.
Can you explain why, or you just didn't like his game?

I was not talking about any specific game
On which part do you disagree?wasn't (with the exception of his first year as I alreasy said) playing better for Lazio?gee I'm not saying he's become useless (I'd be really stupid if I said that) he's playing pretty well BUT at the level Dario Simic can also play NOT at his own level!!that's all!!He'd be my favourite defender if it wasn't for our captain!!

Nesta had like the hardest job on the planet without Maldini

really true and a factor to be considered but Nesta wasn't at his best last year too...
I_Rossoneri
The trouble with Nesta(and in some respects Dida as well) is that he's trying to cover for too many of our defenders on his own. Think back to when we first signed him and San Paolo was younger, all Sandro had to worry about was his own man. But since our defence has got worse as it has got older, Sandro is desperately trying to hold it all together on his own. Once we get some decent replacements in then I'm sure you'll see Sandro(and maybe Dida) back to his best.
amancik
nesta has been picking up form lately ... when maldini recovers ... he will get his confidence back ... and play how he likes ...
dst
The trouble with Nesta is that he's trying to cover for too many of our defenders on his own

hope that's what's wrong!!FORZA NESTA!!!
DugiNesta
He is the only Defender in Milan
dst
QUOTE (DugiNesta @ Feb 18 2006, 07:49 PM)
He is the only Defender in Milan

Um I think we've got another one...what was his name??something like Maldini??? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
hey guys don't get me wrong all I wanted to say is that from what I had seen during his time at Lazio and his first season with us,his performance is worse (this year sucks was kind of stupid to say!!!)but then again I might be wrong!!! wink.gif
milan00047
QUOTE (amancik @ Feb 16 2006, 11:58 PM)
when maldini recovers ... he will get his confidence back

When Maldini retires who's going to take up the responsinbility.It has to be Nesta.
This is the period he has to gear himself up for the hard days in , maybe, after 2007.
leone1899
Nesta played so well at Arena !!!
milan00047
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NESTA.TURNS 30 TODAY.
Portman
Congrats, grande Alessandro!
m1ke
Happy Birthday Nesta cheerful.gif

May he play in Red&Black for another 10 years king.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 19 2006, 12:28 PM)

yeah im for that too, may he.
naurif
Happy Birthday Nesta headphone.gif

may he continue to play with milan forever king.gif
Rivaldo
Happy Birthday Sandro!!!
dst
QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 19 2006, 02:28 PM)

Happy birthday Rossonero!!!! king.gif
Rossonero13
Happy Birthday SANDRO!
You Are Simply the Best!!!
KillerMax
I have a feeling Nesta will play his best football of his career in the next 3-4 seasons for Milan. He is just going through a difficult time right now. The problem is of a psycological one. It's not physical or technical. But unfortunately your physical ability is affected by psycological issues and that's what exactly the case with Nesta. Once he overcomes those problems, he'll be back and there will be no defnder better than him.
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 22 2006, 02:51 AM)
I have a feeling Nesta will play his best football of his career in the next 3-4 seasons for Milan. He is just going through a difficult time right now. The problem is of a psycological one. It's not physical or technical. But unfortunately your physical ability is affected by psycological issues and that's what exactly the case with Nesta. Once he overcomes those problems, he'll be back and there will be no defnder better than him.

I have that feeling too!!! smile.gif
milanezos7
All the players have their bad monents.The best defender has passed his bad period.I saw him alone to battle with two or three opponents and i undestood that only Italians are the best defenders in the world.After Baresi and Maldini is the next defence's leader!!!FORZA GRANDE SANDRO!!!
amancik
hey ... did anyone notice ... that the last two games against Lyon and Chievo ... Nesta went forward a few times to try to score ... which is something quite rare for him to do ... and that goal vs Chievo was sweet ...
Costacurta
I feel we're all forgetting the other great Alessandro that has formed part of Milan's indomitable defences over the years- Billy. Everyone rants about Maldini and Baresi, and they should, they were genuine ledgends, still are. But had Costaucrta not played at the same time he would not have been overshadowed in te fashion he has. He was just as crucial to Milam's vanguard as anyone else, and should always be mentioned alongside Maldini and Baresi.

As for Nesta, I have the utmost respect for him, and beleive that, of CB in their prime, he is an arguable contender for best CB in the world. I am always impressed by him, he seems to resuce the situation, alleviate the impending danger. Please, just remeber Billy who is still a rock in the Milan defence at virtually 40. That is true class.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Feb 11 2006, 10:54 PM)
The trouble with Nesta(and in some respects Dida as well) is that he's trying to cover for too many of our defenders on his own. Think back to when we first signed him and San Paolo was younger, all Sandro had to worry about was his own man. But since our defence has got worse as it has got older, Sandro is desperately trying to hold it all together on his own. Once we get some decent replacements in then I'm sure you'll see Sandro(and maybe Dida) back to his best.

Yes, you are completely right...replacements are needed to reduce the pressure! Dario Simic should get more chances, maybe also in the central defence. After all he is a standard player in the Croatian national team!
amancik
but the problem is ... it's hard to find a defender as good as Nesta these days ...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (amancik @ Apr 17 2006, 09:42 PM)
but the problem is ... it's hard to find a defender as good as Nesta these days ...

Sure. Nesta is in the top (central)defender class, with maybe six or max. ten other players in the world. But well, I suppose we need one more central (we have Simic, Nesta and Kaladze, course if Simic stays) and one or two more wing-full backs (Cafu, Maldini, Serginho, Costacurta are great, but still some fresh power will be needed). Stams departure will be the biggest problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.