Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 36a Giornata - Milan vs Roma [Paolo Maldini's last home game]
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst)
I have a feeling Kaka will accept the upcoming offer from Real.

I have a feeling Kaka will be forced to accept the upcoming offer from Real.
dst
He won't be forced to do anything.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 26 2009, 04:09 PM) *

I wouldn't be so sure.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ May 26 2009, 06:39 PM) *

Both Berlu and Galliani have said numerous times that they might have to sell Kaka to in order to clean up debts, have a financial stability and other bullsh1ts in the same line as those.
Cuore Rossonero
I have a feeling that Real will get somebody, but not Ricky.
Zed.D
^^ Lovely sig CR.
Habitant
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 24 2009, 07:31 PM) *
No no, what about "you've disrespected..." comment?
This is so terrible that I can't stop thinking about it... I probably won't be able to sleep tonight... I would have never ever thought of seeing something like this in a thousand years..

i think it has do with some comments he directed at the fans during the course of the past few seasons about the booing. the teams been jeered a few times and maldini has openly criticised them, and also some of the ridical ultras and their actions.

and ya phil touched on it alil with the whole maldini Vs barise debate.

obviously the whole thing was a disgrace but you guys gotta stop bashing the ultras as a whole, it was a minority of douchebags that did this.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 26 2009, 12:18 AM) *
Kaka won't be named captain because there are players ahead of him in terms of seniority. end of the story. no need to ignore everything he has done over 6 seasons.

Believe me, I'm not ignoring his contributions to the club in the slightest. I'm just saying that he's gone considerably downhill since winning the Ballon d'Or, but that doesn't mean we should dump him to the curb.

My point is that he should not be named captain just yet, mainly due to seniority.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ May 26 2009, 04:09 PM) *

Rumours are the berlusconi family want to sell him, if that is true then I would rather them sell the club as they obviously lack ambition.
Cuore Rossonero
How many rumours are we reading lately? Many, eh. Remember, just ruomurs.

And thanks Zed.
Zed.D
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 26 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Rumours are the berlusconi family want to sell him, if that is true then I would rather them sell the club as they obviously lack ambition.

If they haven't already lost ambition... there were apparently some banners aiming at Berlu in which his lack of ambition and investment in the team was kind of ridiculed ("sell Kaka"). I'm not 100% sure about this though, but we all know Berlu is not ambitious enough anymore...
Zed.D
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 26 2009, 09:26 PM) *
Believe me, I'm not ignoring his contributions to the club in the slightest. I'm just saying that he's gone considerably downhill since winning the Ballon d'Or, but that doesn't mean we should dump him to the curb.

My point is that he should not be named captain just yet, mainly due to seniority.

We'll have to agree to disagree cause I (and perhaps many other Milan fans) think seniority is the one only reason Kaka won't be made captain. if at this very moment he had been the most senior player in the team, he would have gotten the armband straightaway after Paolo.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 26 2009, 08:03 PM) *
If they haven't already lost ambition... there were apparently some banners aiming at Berlu in which his lack of ambition and investment in the team was kind of ridiculed ("sell Kaka"). I'm not 100% sure about this though, but we all know Berlu is not ambitious enough anymore...

Berlusconi doesn't need Milan anymore hence the lack of ambition/investment, perhaps he should sell to someone with the clubs best interest at heart...
Tennie
Not going to touch on the game really, as pretty much everything's already been said. I'll follow up a bit on the whole ultra thing though, as there's been a lot of press about it in Italy over the past week.

It was a group of about 500 of the Curva Sud (mostly former FdL folks) who were behind the shameful banners. They referred to two incidents that caused their 'protest' - Maldini's harsh words to them after Istanbul (which were in turn caused by a 20 year old Curva member demanding that he apologize for the loss) and the finger to the lips gesture earlier this season after the Curva had been booing them.

There has been pretty much universal condemnation of the behavior in Italy - including from fans of the cugini, the gobbi, etc.

Personally, I don't think that block of 500 should be allowed to buy tickets to a Milan game ever again. And I hope they are ashamed of what they've done.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 1 2009, 09:47 PM) *
Not going to touch on the game really, as pretty much everything's already been said. I'll follow up a bit on the whole ultra thing though, as there's been a lot of press about it in Italy over the past week.

It was a group of about 500 of the Curva Sud (mostly former FdL folks) who were behind the shameful banners. They referred to two incidents that caused their 'protest' - Maldini's harsh words to them after Istanbul (which were in turn caused by a 20 year old Curva member demanding that he apologize for the loss) and the finger to the lips gesture earlier this season after the Curva had been booing them.

There has been pretty much universal condemnation of the behavior in Italy - including from fans of the cugini, the gobbi, etc.

Personally, I don't think that block of 500 should be allowed to buy tickets to a Milan game ever again. And I hope they are ashamed of what they've done.

First off welcome back,

FDL - ?? unsure.gif

<bolded> condemnation towards Curva Sud I hope...
Tennie
FdL = Fossa dei Leoni. They're the former big ultra group for Milan. They disbanded a few years ago over a strange protest about stolen banners, etc. These are hardcore guys. And yeah, the condemnation has been for the Curva Sud. Very much so. They're getting no defense at all.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 1 2009, 10:31 PM) *
FdL = Fossa dei Leoni. They're the former big ultra group for Milan. They disbanded a few years ago over a strange protest about stolen banners, etc. These are hardcore guys. And yeah, the condemnation has been for the Curva Sud. Very much so. They're getting no defense at all.

Thanks for the clarification. thumbup.gif

mad.gif Good - I hope they publicly apoligize for their stupid actions, in which case I would still be upset and hope that no one feels sorry for them! Idiots!!!!
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 01:47 AM) *

I've been waiting for your return to hear what you had to say on the whole issue. It's been over 2 weeks and I still can't wrap my mind around the entire thing...
Tennie
I'm still disgusted by the whole thing. Fishdoll thinks the ultras should be turned over to dst for punishment, but...well, even THAT would be too good for them. They're a disgrace.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 06:05 PM) *
I'm still disgusted by the whole thing. Fishdoll thinks the ultras should be turned over to dst for punishment, but...well, even THAT would be too good for them. They're a disgrace.

After that game I really thought about you and the money you spent to go and watch Paolo's last 2 games and to have them ruined by a bunch of ungrateful SOBs. I can't even imagine how that felt for you... sad.gif
Tennie
Y'know, it really did suck for a couple of hours, until I got back to my hotel from dinner. The concierge on duty that night is a gobbi fan and given that I'm something of a regular at the hotel, he knew I'd come specifically for the game. He stated quite clearly that even though he'd always supported Juventus, Maldini had always been his favorite Italian player and that he was one of the best of all time. He was furious with the curva for what they did. And I saw that sentiment echoed in one form or another every day for the rest of my trip, coming to a high point in the utter class displayed by the Viola players, management, and fans. So in a strange way, the curva caused an even more emphatic outpouring of affection for Maldini than there might otherwise have been.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 09:34 PM) *
Y'know, it really did suck for a couple of hours, until I got back to my hotel from dinner. The concierge on duty that night is a gobbi fan and given that I'm something of a regular at the hotel, he knew I'd come specifically for the game. He stated quite clearly that even though he'd always supported Juventus, Maldini had always been his favorite Italian player and that he was one of the best of all time. He was furious with the curva for what they did. And I saw that sentiment echoed in one form or another every day for the rest of my trip, coming to a high point in the utter class displayed by the Viola players, management, and fans. So in a strange way, the curva caused an even more emphatic outpouring of affection for Maldini than there might otherwise have been.

At least there was the consolation of the Fiornetina fans, which really lessened the blow a lot and showed hyow much other club fans appreciate him. I'm really glad the last macth wasn't played in San Siro because that would have left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth that wouldn't go away that easily.

It's just shameful really. And it's really touching to hear that come out of a Zebra's mouth.
dst
Even if I was disappointed when I read the schedule at the beginning of the season I'm happy it was an away game in the end for Paolo. Also, something Abete said and was not reported in the English language sites is that "the whistles against Maldini are even worse for Italian football than Calciopoli"... that... says a lot!

AN ETERNAL **** YOU FROM ME TO THE GUERRIERI ULTRAS!!!
Zed.D
Those Ultras really gave themselves a bad name. they will never be looked upon as the same by not only Milan fans, but football fans in general, until they die!
Tennie
For what it's worth, I just sent a nastygram to milannews about the Curva Sud and the fact that Milannews is seeing fit to interview their leaders for 'expert opinion'. It'll be interesting to see if I get any response.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 1 2009, 06:47 PM) *
It was a group of about 500 of the Curva Sud (mostly former FdL folks) who were behind the shameful banners. They referred to two incidents that caused their 'protest' - Maldini's harsh words to them after Istanbul (which were in turn caused by a 20 year old Curva member demanding that he apologize for the loss) and the finger to the lips gesture earlier this season after the Curva had been booing them. Personally, I don't think that block of 500 should be allowed to buy tickets to a Milan game ever again. And I hope they are ashamed of what they've done.

The "finger to the lips" was right after Milan were eliminated by Bremen in the UEFA Cup. I still remember that. And these are probably the same maroons who were begging Kaka to stay in January and right now.

You weren't here when we also brought up the fact that during Maldini's home finale, there was yet another gushy banner on display as well praising the brownnoser Sheva.
Tennie
Think I've got a photo of that one. I probably have photos of some of the naughty ones too. Haven't tried the zoom on the pictures yet.

I don't think any of those curva folks - and I recognize that it's a small minority of the curva - deserve to go to games. they're certainly not football fans. they're a group of organized thugs.
Zed.D
There's nothing wrong with anyone begging Kaka to stay.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 3 2009, 07:14 PM) *
There's nothing wrong with anyone begging Kaka to stay.

Begging Kaka one night and jeering Maldini the other? It's much worse than wrong. It's perverse, and shouldn't be tolerated by the Milan administration.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 3 2009, 10:22 AM) *
Begging Kaka one night and jeering Maldini the other? It's much worse than wrong. It's perverse, and shouldn't be tolerated by the Milan administration.

Exactly.
Habitant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 3 2009, 06:22 PM) *

the two are seperate issues.

these guys are easily provoked, doesnt matter who you are as we are aware even the clubs greatest icons arent spared from their wrath.

in their books maldinis offended them, w/e i dont have any problems if they wanna believe that. but they could have shown this a different way, obviously what they did was discusting. as far as they're concerned kaka has done nothing bad to them so they have no reason to *****, i'm sure if he did the same they would have reacted similarly.
Tennie
I see your point, Habitant, even if I disagree with it. I don't think these thugs have earned the right to do what they did to Maldini. They have such an incredible sense of entitlement that it's ridiculous and yet they're the very guys who make stadiums not the most pleasant or safe place to bring families. Football would be well rid of them in my opinion.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 3 2009, 10:55 AM) *
I don't think these thugs have earned the right to do what they did to Maldini. They have such an incredible sense of entitlement that it's ridiculous and yet they're the very guys who make stadiums not the most pleasant or safe place to bring families. Football would be well rid of them in my opinion.

+1
Habitant
oh i know i dont agree with anything they're doing either, i just dont think they're favoring kaka for any particular reason besides the fact they seem to jump on anyone that disrespects them in the slightest manner.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Habitant @ Jun 3 2009, 08:02 PM) *
oh i know i dont agree with anything they're doing either, i just dont think they're favoring kaka for any particular reason besides the fact they seem to jump on anyone that disrespects them in the slightest manner.

I think the fact that they put in more effort hailing Kaka outside his house than in hailing a player who has provided flawless service and the best possible image for their club for a quarter of a century speaks for itself.
They're favoring Kaka because they think he's special, which he is to a certain degree, but while totally ignoring the truly special player they had in Maldini. In fact, special seems a bit too trivial a word when describing Maldini.
Believe me, they'll regret not appreciating Maldini while he was still active, I know this from my own experience when the old Arsenal bandieri retired and left a vacuum we've not even started to fill.

You've been lucky enough to have to exeptional captains for 30 years, but what now? It won't be the sme with Gattuso, Kaka, or even Ambrosini.
Fillipo Simone
I don't think there's any reason why we should maintain spoiling this topic with more useless "Cruva Sud" talk.
Zed.D
I'm with Hab on this one. there's nothing wrong with supporting one of your team's best players, even if the supporters are the same who did that to Maldini. since I will probably be misunderstood have this as further explanation of what I mean: what they did to Maldini was without a doubt disgusting and unforgivable, but the support they're giving to Kaka is only right. that's how most Milan fans feel about Kaka. they don't want their key player leave, that's all.
Habitant
too bad they'll be no know left to cheer on in this team now ... oh i almost forgot the indomitable ronaldinho is going to lead us rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^

Peerless Pirlo? Fabulous Favalli? Super Seedorf? Prodigy Pato?
Habitant
pirlo could be on his way out, pato in the next year or two. this is the direction were heading in. cuz our financial situation will only worsen with this backwards philosophy.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 9 2009, 09:42 AM) *
^^^

Peerless Pirlo? Fabulous Favalli? Super Seedorf? Prodigy Pato?

I take it you're a fan of alliteration. wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 10 2009, 12:01 AM) *
I take it you're a fan of alliteration. wink.gif

Royally right? unsure.gif biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 9 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Royally right? unsure.gif biggrin.gif

JACKY BEAR!! I MISSED YOU!!! COME HERE *SMOOCH SMOOCH* wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.