Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 36a Giornata - Milan vs Roma [Paolo Maldini's last home game]
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
dst
I can't say much about it. I'm going to be there and I just hope to survive watching it... cry.gif

THE MALDINI LEGACY WILL GO ON!
Tennie
Fishdoll and I will also be present.

As for squad news, not much today as it's a rest day.

De Rossi is suspended for Roma.

EDIT:
image from acmilan.com's splash page

Tennie
Today's training has taken place.

After warmups, there was work with the ball, including ball possession drills, and then a practice game.

NESTA and GATTUSO trained with the team. 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif

Borriello did some running and sprints. Bonera did some running.

Per quanto riguarda i singoli, Nesta e Gattuso hanno lavorato in gruppo con i loro compagni di squadra. Borriello ha fatto un lavoro di corsa e scatti sul campo ribassato. Bonera ha fatto corsa senza scatti lungo il perimetro dell'intero centro sportivo di Milanello.
6Best
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 19 2009, 01:05 AM) *
image from acmilan.com's splash page

Amazing........... beersmiley1.gif guntootsmiley2.gif drunksmilef.gif panicsmiley2.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
Tennie
So this morning's training has taken place.

It was all individual work, with various groups working in the sand pit, running in the woods, doing sprints, etc etc etc.

There will also be an afternoon training session.
han2503
So you let dst open the thread...

I'me just saying if we lose, don't go blaming it on Carlo and the xmas tree

We know who the culprit is here tongue.gif
Tennie
So can I toss him from the roof of the duomo after the game, han?
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 20 2009, 03:06 PM) *
So can I toss him from the roof of the duomo after the game, han?

I think as a fellow mod, I'm required to stick up for his sorry @ss...

But if he's on the roof and by some chance encounter you see him there and accidentally nudge him off...

tongue.gif tongue.gif
Tennie
haha. And it IS windy on the roof of the Duomo.....

So, to business. The afternoon training session has taken place. Tactical work, drills, and practice game. Nobody mentioned by name in this report so can't gauge if Nesta et al are making progress.

The ticker on acmilan.com's italian page has just announced that the team will be wearing the new jersey for this game. Hopefully the white collars won't be too ugly.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 20 2009, 06:36 PM) *
The ticker on acmilan.com's italian page has just announced that the team will be wearing the new jersey for this game.

huh.gif I can't remember that happening ever before.
Coldest
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 20 2009, 04:36 PM) *
haha. And it IS windy on the roof of the Duomo.....

So, to business. The afternoon training session has taken place. Tactical work, drills, and practice game. Nobody mentioned by name in this report so can't gauge if Nesta et al are making progress.

The ticker on acmilan.com's italian page has just announced that the team will be wearing the new jersey for this game. Hopefully the white collars won't be too ugly.

What do you mean ? They will be wearing 3rd kit or the some kind of kit of the next season ? wink.gif
Tennie
They'll be wearing the 09/10 jerseys.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ May 20 2009, 08:19 PM) *
The ticker on acmilan.com's italian page has just announced that the team will be wearing the new jersey for this game.

huh.gif I can't remember that happening ever before.

Hah. like Chelsea, Barca, etc.
It's better like this IMO.
dst
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 21 2009, 12:54 AM) *
Hah. like Chelsea, Barca, etc.
It's better like this IMO.

I had not noticed other teams doing this either.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ May 20 2009, 06:13 PM) *
I had not noticed other teams doing this either.

Yea I've noticed other teams doing it before, namely Chelsea.

I guess from a marketing standpoint it makes sens, but I just prefer waiting. But what ever.
This way it could grow on us sooner...tongue.gif
Tennie
They're going to have special commemorative jerseys for sale at the stadium, with special badges and 'Maldini 3' on the back. It'll be the 09/10 jerseys.
MizNelson
They're going to make a big thing out of this (something about Paolo also taking a lap around the pitch?), much like Billy's sending off but on a far bigger scale. I wonder if that includes tossing him into the air?
Tennie
The curva will almost certainly come up with something special.

There will be giveaways at the stadium -- Panini stickers from Il Capitano's previous seasons as well as scarves (I think. might be a charge for these things).

The lap at the end of the game is traditional, I think.

It's going to be quite a show.
MizNelson
I'm willing to bet that most of the Milan faithful aren't even going to the stadium for the actual match itself. smile.gif
Tennie
Why?
dst
Of course, no one's going to watch Milan play against Roma, they are all going to watch Maldini's last home game. cool.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 20 2009, 05:09 PM) *
Why?

It's all about witnessing history (his last home game) and the postgame Maldinifest. Therefore, for some the match itself will practically be an afterthought.
Tennie
You mean there's a match on Sunday? wink.gif

Joking, joking. For me, the match is really secondary to be honest. I'm one of those going to see Maldini.

Am just a wee bit disappointed De Rossi is suspended for this one. Was hoping to see whether or not he really has a Teletubby tattooed on his arm.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 20 2009, 07:05 PM) *
You mean there's a match on Sunday? wink.gif

Joking, joking. For me, the match is really secondary to be honest. I'm one of those going to see Maldini.

*Didafan pinches a fin because that's what she was implying in her original post*

QUOTE (Tennie)
Am just a wee bit disappointed De Rossi is suspended for this one. Was hoping to see whether or not he really has a Teletubby tattooed on his arm.

Best picture I could find. It'd be kind of hard to see it anyway during the game, since it's under his sleeve.

(Is Pirlo burping next to him?)
Tennie
Okay, that definitely looks like a Teletubby. smile.gif Not sure what Pirlo's doing - unless he'd just scored? He kisses his ring finger after scoring goals.

Fishdoll thanks Didafan!
MizNelson
No problem. smile.gif If you think a Teletubby tat is bizarre, here's Cassano in all his glory.

aLbErTo
MILAN - In occasion of Milan-Roma, the Rossoneri will go on the pitch with the new official shirt of next season.
Cuore Rossonero
Can't wait for this game, but i'm not thinking about Roma 1%. It's all about Paolo. warriorsmiley.gif
Tennie
Oh my. Fishdoll's eyes are almost bleeding at that picture, Miz.
Tennie
So, today's training.

Warmups and stretching, ball possession drills, and then practices at lateral crossing with Dida and Kalac in goal. Borriello trained with the team. (Nobody else was mentioned by name).

MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 21 2009, 09:17 AM) *
(Nobody else was mentioned by name).

That's because Dida rules all you puny humans. biggrin.gif

Here's a lovely gem from Ch. 4:

Senderos eyes San Siro stay
Swiss international defender Philippe Senderos hopes to stay at Milan after his loan deal expires this summer.

Pfft. Please Sendhimaway back to Arsenal.
Tennie
Leaving for airport. See you guys in 10 days. smile.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 21 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Leaving for airport. See you guys in 10 days. smile.gif

Didafan tells Fishdoll to take LOTS of pictures! smile.gif
Zed.D
No Fishdoll for 10 days
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 21 2009, 06:05 PM) *
No Fishdoll for 10 days

Your avatar says it all... tongue.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 18 2009, 12:55 PM) *
My first choice continues to be Rijkaard. The only thing I like about MvB is that he and Seedork are oil and water.

Seedorf's second to last game. Wheeeeeeeee

QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 21 2009, 04:29 PM) *
That's because Dida rules all you puny humans. biggrin.gif

Here's a lovely gem from Ch. 4:

Pfft. Please Sendhimaway back to Arsenal.

Dida= more trophies then most elite teams

I am the devil's advocate i guess asking for a senderos stay smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
Fv*k Senderos! Send him back where he came from, let him go add nothing to someother team!
He hasn't been showing much promise.
We want to better our team, not stay the way we are!
Coldest
Yeah, someone has said, that Rijkaard would best chose... I couldn't agree more. It would be very interesting to see how this Barca's ex-coach change the formation of ac milan, and starting line-up too. For the next season...
aLbErTo
i was goona come to milan for the first time, to see the greatest of player wave goodbye to football, but Milan's security "staff" cancelled our trip with agency as it will be something like "one person/one ticket"...i don't really get the cause, but i'm really really sad at the moment...anyone knows more about this maybe???
Cuore Rossonero
I've also heard about this. Are there any prohibitons, that don't let organised groups on the stadium? That didn't happen on the last derbys, but now this. Is this true? Are there any prohibitons? I bet these are just lies...
Zed.D
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ May 22 2009, 10:47 PM) *
i was goona come to milan for the first time, to see the greatest of player wave goodbye to football, but Milan's security "staff" cancelled our trip with agency as it will be something like "one person/one ticket"...i don't really get the cause, but i'm really really sad at the moment...anyone knows more about this maybe???

That sucks sad.gif
aLbErTo
^^

it really does, i was so exicted about this match
MizNelson
If it means anything, they're also upping security measures for the CL final; you have to show ID along with your ticket to get in.
CrazyMilanFan
MILANELLO - Ecco i 18 convocati di Carlo Ancelotti per domani:
Dida, Kalac, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Beckham, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.
Giocatori non convocati: Antonini, Nesta, Darmian, Mattioni, Cardacio, Viudez.
Giocatori indisponibili: Abbiati, Bonera, Kaladze, Borriello.

interestingly nesta is available but not picked and bonera again in injury list
MizNelson
Why does Tennie's absence remind me of being back in school and finding out we're having a substitute teacher for the next week?
CrazyMilanFan
MILANELLO - Before the team's training session this afternoon, ahead of Milan-Roma, last home match of the season and last match at San Siro in Paolo Maldini's career, a very special awarding took place. Adriano Galliani gave the Rossoneri captain the celebrative medal (with which the club celebrates each player's 100th game) for his 900th appearence in Milan's shirt. Maldini reached this target last Saturday at the 'Friuli' against Udinese, in the stadium where he made his debut in 1985.

Adriano Galliani started the awarding as follows in front of Milan Channel's cameras: 'Paolo Maldini has reached the 900 game milestone in 24 years. From the first, on 20 January 1985 at Udine against Udinese to the 900th, again at Udine on 16 May 2009.'

After these declarations, the Rossoneri team, who had gathered in front of the captain and Milan's Delegate Administrator, a long applause was given. Galliani then said to the players' group: 'I told Paolo that he has time until 6 July to change his mind and try to reach 1000 games..."
Adriano Galliani then continued: 'I saw an interesting statistic. Each time Maldini reached a 100th game, he played an away game. The 100th, the 200th and so on until the 900th, all away from home. It's a very interesting thing. I think Paolo has no equals in the world and nobody managed to play 900 official games in the same team like him. I think this is an absolute record that will remain in history. I don't think there will ever be a player in an important team like Milan who manages to reach this amount of games. I have no abjectives to explain what we think of Paolo, the numbers speak for him. And then his characteristics, which are unique in the world.

Paolo Maldini has another luck: he and his father lifted the Champions League as Milan captains. They didn't just win it, but lifted it as champions, 40 years apart. This will probably never happen again. Maldini's career is simply incredible.'

At this point there was more applause for the captain, who thanked everyone and promised to talk about his emotions after tomorrow's game.
Zed.D
I agree with Galliani on this, no one will manage to make 900 appearances for an important club ever again! it's simply impossible in today's football.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 23 2009, 08:46 PM) *
I agree with Galliani on this, no one will manage to make 900 appearances for an important club ever again! it's simply impossible in today's football.

Well, I'd be more than shocked if Giggs DOESN'T reach that mark.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 23 2009, 11:26 PM) *
Well, I'd be more than shocked if Giggs DOESN'T reach that mark.

That means he'd have to play at least two more full seasons while he's 35 now... hmm... I won't bet on it but it's possible.

I was more talking about the new generation when I said that. Giggs and Maldinis and Rauls aside...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 23 2009, 09:07 PM) *
I was more talking about the new generation when I said that. Giggs and Maldinis and Rauls aside...

Ah, I see.

Well if you think playing 900 games for 1 club is impressive, I bet nobody will ever reach Anelkas record of playing at least 1 game for 900 clubs. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.