Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 36a Giornata - Milan vs Roma [Paolo Maldini's last home game]
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
agenth
here#s an english article:
Milan Ultras Leave Black Mark On Maldini Celebrations

24 May 2009 16:50:27

During his final salute to the Milan faithful, the Rossoneri Ultras revealed an undeserved stain of contempt towards their most loyal servant…

After Roma had refused to follow the script by running out 3-2 winners on Maldini’s final day out at the San Siro, came another twist in the party celebrations, as the Curva Sud displayed a banner that was sure to spark controversy.

As the legendary captain did a final lap of honour after the game, the Milan Ultras displayed a large banner directed towards another legendary captain, Franco Baresi. Under a large number 6, the words “there is only one captain” were there for all to see.

At the same time, there were even some whistles from the same section of the stands in a display of unbelievable disrespect for a captain who has given a life of service to the Rossoneri.

Despite the disrespect of the Curva, the remainder of the stadium gave a prolonged standing ovation to Maldini, who was quite obviously moved by their display of affection.
Rivaldo
'There is only one captain: Franco Baresi.'

I want to kill those fucking tiffosi

P.S......

sad.gif

sad.gif
CrazyMilanFan
it is head to head
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (agenth @ May 24 2009, 06:32 PM) *
here#s an english article:
Milan Ultras Leave Black Mark On Maldini Celebrations

24 May 2009 16:50:27

During his final salute to the Milan faithful, the Rossoneri Ultras revealed an undeserved stain of contempt towards their most loyal servant…

After Roma had refused to follow the script by running out 3-2 winners on Maldini’s final day out at the San Siro, came another twist in the party celebrations, as the Curva Sud displayed a banner that was sure to spark controversy.

As the legendary captain did a final lap of honour after the game, the Milan Ultras displayed a large banner directed towards another legendary captain, Franco Baresi. Under a large number 6, the words “there is only one captain” were there for all to see.

At the same time, there were even some whistles from the same section of the stands in a display of unbelievable disrespect for a captain who has given a life of service to the Rossoneri.

Despite the disrespect of the Curva, the remainder of the stadium gave a prolonged standing ovation to Maldini, who was quite obviously moved by their display of affection.

This is nothing less than disgusting, and I hope the people who did it are banned from San Siro. Permanently.
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 24 2009, 04:39 PM) *
it is head to head

If it was head to head we'de be below Juve in the standings

http://www.lega-calcio.it/it/Serie-A-TIM.page

I'd trust the Lega Calcio page any day of the week over the Channel 4 Goal.com pages

They probably got their standings from the british Sky Sport page rolleyes.gif
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 24 2009, 05:48 PM) *
If it was head to head we'de be below Juve in the standings

http://www.lega-calcio.it/it/Serie-A-TIM.page

I'd trust the Lega Calcio page any day of the week over the Channel 4 Goal.com pages

They probably got their standings from the british Sky Sport page rolleyes.gif

but carlo said Unfortunately the situation we didn't want has happened, it's the worst case scenario and we have to go and finish off the job in Florence,” said Ancelotti.

“We wanted to sort it out today, but it will go down to the wire. It was within our grasp, yet we were superficial and naïve.”
han2503
I don't even want to comment on the Maldini issue puke.gif
MizNelson
Horrible match, horrible officiating, and sickening behavior from the two-faced fans who readily begged Kaka (who was again awful) not to go to Man City and then they turn around and basically spit on Maldini today.

I'm just so disgusted that I can't say much more, except that I'm really feeling badly for Tennie right now; she paid up the nose to witness this garbage in person.
Locke Lamora
Spalletti's reaction:

The Coach had words for Paolo Maldini, whose final match at San Siro was spoilt by a small group of fans protesting against their captain.

“I was told by my players what happened, as they were shocked by this behaviour. If it's true then these are people who come to the stadium only to offend, fight and smash all that is beautiful about this sport.

“They should frankly do us all a favour and stay home. If you insult Maldini, then you really have crossed the line.”

channel 4
han2503
QUOTE (agenth @ May 24 2009, 06:42 PM) *

sad.gif

No words, Paolo deserved the best possible send off he could be given and instead he got this.

Very well said on Spalletti's part, I would love to have him as coach next season
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (agenth @ May 24 2009, 07:42 PM) *

Maldini looks like a pissed sea God on that picture, ready to call down a tidal wave on those mongrels...shame on them, SHAME on them for doing what they did.
I repeat, lifelong bans from San Siro is the least they deserve after this.
whoarethepatriots
Our Ultra's deserve death, this is no way to commemorate Maldini, not even Inter Ultra's would boo Zanetti

Minami
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 24 2009, 07:50 PM) *
sad.gif

No words, Paolo deserved the best possible send off he could be given and instead he got this.

Very well said on Spalletti's part, I would love to have him as coach next season

+1

I can't believe that someone did that on his last day on the pitch of San Siro!!!
Just too sad! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 24 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Our Ultra's deserve death, this is no way to commemorate Maldini, not even Inter Ultra's would boo Zanetti

Come to think of it, the Inter ultras gave Maldini a FAR better sending-off than his own club's did...I'm actually starting to feel physically unwell about this.
agenth

"Thank you Capitano: In the field a champion without limits, but you have lacked respect to those who made you wealthy"

fvck them.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (agenth @ May 24 2009, 08:02 PM) *

"Thank you Capitano: In the field a champion without limits, but you have lacked respect to those who made you wealthy"

fvck them.

Drop a fu*king bomb on them.
Zed.D
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 24 2009, 08:48 PM) *
Horrible match, horrible officiating, and sickening behavior from the two-faced fans who readily begged Kaka (who was again awful) not to go to Man City and then they turn around and basically spit on Maldini today.

With all respect, Miz, you're not making any sense there. you can't say they were the same people. and you may have forgotten but some people came out with "I belong to money" banners as well.

Besides, how many of those ultras with the banner were there? 10? 100? 200? San Siro has a capacity of 80,000. that goes to show how pathetic those people who call themselves fans are.
Locke Lamora
The irony: 24 years without a single bad word from anyone about him, and as the curtain finally goes down it's his own fans who give it to him.
agenth
Maldini slams Milan boo boys

Paolo Maldini’s final San Siro match was marred by a protest from the fans. “I’m proud not to be one of them.”

The captain was making his last appearance in the stadium, his 901st in official competition for Milan, as he will hang up his boots at the end of the season.

The game with Roma began with the entire stadium holding up banners hailing the symbol of the Rossoneri for the past 24 years.

However, as he went to perform a lap of honour after the final whistle, a small group in the Curva Sud staged a protest.

They held up banners and chanted the name of Franco Baresi, who wore the armband before Maldini took over in 1997.

“There is only one captain,” said these supporters. The reaction clearly irritated Maldini, who left the field without giving interviews.

As he left the arena he only made one comment to the media referring to these protestors.

“I am proud not to be one of them.”

There was tension at San Siro as President Silvio Berlusconi was in the stands to watch a 3-2 defeat to Roma, which leaves automatic Champions League qualification in the balance.

Many more protests and banners were aimed at the patron, who is accused of not spending wisely on the transfer market.

maldini! he will be forever in my heart!
Zed.D
QUOTE (agenth @ May 24 2009, 09:32 PM) *

WTF does that even mean?

Man, this is like a nightmare... WHY?! it's just unbelievable
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 24 2009, 08:08 PM) *
WTF does that even mean?

Man, this is like a nightmare... WHY?! it's just unbelievable

Excactly...the whole thing is so surreal its almost comical.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 24 2009, 09:38 PM) *
The irony: 24 years without a single bad word from anyone about him, and as the curtain finally goes down it's his own fans who give it to him.

They're not his fans!! they're a bunch of disgusting sick *************!
Minami
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 24 2009, 08:08 PM) *

that were not his fans, for sure!!!!
Locke Lamora
Well they certainly were Milan fans, and since Maldini has been Milan's captain for over a decade...
Minami
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 24 2009, 08:15 PM) *
Well they certainly were Milan fans, and since Maldini has been Milan's captain for over a decade...

ou can't call someone who did something like this to maldini a fan of his!!!
milan fans perhabs, but not fans of maldini!!!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Minami @ May 24 2009, 08:18 PM) *
ou can't call someone who did something like this to maldini a fan of his!!!
milan fans perhabs, but not fans of maldini!!!

The way I see it, Maldini represents Milan, and so club fans are his fans as well.
Fillipo Simone
I don't think many words should be wasted on such issues. To some people, Baresi is and stays the Captain, and I'm fine with it, that I can understand. The whistling is more then stupid. That's all.
han2503
QUOTE (Minami @ May 24 2009, 06:12 PM) *
that were not his fans, for sure!!!!

I'm sure they were, they were part of the Curva...

I just can't imagine how Tennie is feeling to go all the way there and experiance such a terrible act of desrespect from the "fans". sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 24 2009, 06:22 PM) *
I don't think many words should be wasted on such issues. To some people, Baresi is and stays the Captain, and I'm fine with it, that I can understand. The whistling is more then stupid. That's all.

If anyone feels that way then fine, that is how they feel. I personally think both are as equally worthy of the title. But to throw out those insults on the final appearance of a man who has given his all for the club is disgraceful and I'm ashamed of them as a fan of this club
Zed.D
It doesn't matter if they were or were not...

Anyone else thinks they've given us all a bad name?
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcqE9od2Zpc
Minami
ok, perhabs they were his fans, but they should be.... mad.gif sad.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 24 2009, 09:52 PM) *

No no, what about "you've disrespected..." comment?
This is so terrible that I can't stop thinking about it... I probably won't be able to sleep tonight... I would have never ever thought of seeing something like this in a thousand years..
gal_kenny
How come Juve have direct qualification into the Champiions league and we don't? we're still on d same points...This is very dissapointing about what i heard from d fans about Maldini...
gal_kenny
Skysports confirmed that we're still 2nd...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_5346221,00.html
gal_kenny
so what's the case?

even if we lose will we still get direct qualification into champions league...?
Zed.D
@ gal

There seems to be no case! I don't know what Carlo was talking about when he said worst case scenario had happened and we had to go and finish the job off in Florence!

The Lega Calcio website has us above Juve because we have a better goal difference (Juve have a better head to head record):

Milan GD = +33
Juve GD = +30

http://www.lega-calcio.it/it/Serie-A-TIM/C...classifica.page

EDIT: Fiorentina's GD is +17. meaning they will have to beat us 17-0 to finish 3rd!!

EDIT2: it's 17-0 actually. my mind is clearly somewhere else sleep.gif sleep.gif
han2503
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ May 24 2009, 07:43 PM) *
so what's the case?

even if we lose will we still get direct qualification into champions league...?

Looks like it
agenth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMCYr_nKwtY

**** them. this was truly disgraceful. poor paolo. all his life he has spent doing us favours and this is the fruit of his hard work?!!?
vahid
QUOTE (agenth @ May 24 2009, 07:13 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMCYr_nKwtY

**** them. this was truly disgraceful. poor paolo. all his life he has spent doing us favours and this is the fruit of his hard work?!!?

Maldini:
I’m proud because I’m not a person like these fans.

He is a real gentleman.
CrazyMilanFan
even voila coach talked abt third so it is head to head guys
kurtsimonw
Unfortunately missed the game but am shocked at what I've read/heard about some of the Milan fans today, these are the type of people that don't deserve Kaka' to stay, why should he? A disgrace that somebody has given up 25 years of his life for a club, and they whistle at him and show disrespect..
Locke Lamora
Words cannot describe how I feel about this, but let's just say that if a whole bus load of crash to their deaths in a traffic accident tonight, well I won't shed a thought of sympathy, far less a tear.
Absymal, stinking, bastardly, low pieces of sh*t...
Zed.D
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 24 2009, 11:47 PM) *
even voila coach talked abt third so it is head to head guys

Maybe because he thinks his team can beat us 17-0. tongue.gif

You trust the Viola coach but not Lega Calcio website?

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 24 2009, 11:52 PM) *
Words cannot describe how I feel about this, but let's just say that if a whole bus load of crash to their deaths in a traffic accident tonight, well I won't shed a thought of sympathy, far less a tear.
Absymal, stinking, bastardly, low pieces of sh*t...

+1
Darunia
It's head to head. It's been head to head for awhile. You can't trust that table, it still has Inter listed as 36 games played.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 24 2009, 08:23 PM) *
Maybe because he thinks his team can beat us 17-0. tongue.gif

You trust the Viola coach but not Lega Calcio website?

even mediaset is saying that milan has not yet achieved third place
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...en&ie=UTF-8
Zed.D
I don't know... maybe unsure.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 25 2009, 12:22 AM) *

I'd actually give all my ex-girlfriends a party, in celebration, but that's just me. dry.gif The world is full of low-class, good-for-nothing turds like them, the less we have such people, the better. Not only was this act utterly disgraceful, I'd have to think long and hard to admit that it was humane.

Now was not the time, nor the place for this. I agree, they should be banned. Permanently.
Fillipo Simone
C'mmon, let's not mention those loosers again. They don't deserve it...
Zed.D
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 24 2009, 11:57 PM) *
even mediaset is saying that milan has not yet achieved third place
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...en&ie=UTF-8

I wouldn't worry about 2nd/3rd place that much. Fiorentina will have to beat us 2-0, 3-1, 4-2 and so forth. even if they beat us 1-0 we will finish in top 3 as we have a better goal difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.