Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summer Transfers 2019
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 8 2019, 02:18 PM) *
Linked with Capanni. Apparently he would get some time with the Serie A team. Thoughts?

No idea who he is or what type of player he is.

Krunic made official today btw. Good rotation player imo
Danny
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 7 2019, 04:23 PM) *
Kessie? He is our player.

Ah yes, I forgot it was one of these bizarre Serie A only loans with absolute f*ckin' obligation to buy at the end of it.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 8 2019, 08:07 PM) *
Krunic made official today btw. Good rotation player imo

Depends who we buy and sell this summer. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a starter for us, maybe replacing Kessie.

So, thus far we have signed Theo Hernandez and Krunic. And all of our previously mentioned objectives seem out of reach.

Help?
TriniKing_CE
It's still early in the transfer season.

Two decent acquisitions thus far... One in the form of a LB which needed much attention.

So I'm hopeful moving forward... Just trying to remain clam & patient.
X-Offender
Empoli's president said we'll sign Bennacer from them in the next two days.

Great, so now we're becoming the new Empoli.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2019, 03:48 PM) *

I have this feeling too, no?

I'm quite interested in the return of Andre Silva. I think he could do well! I have no idea however if he can function with Piatek there.

Let's see what happens. :/

But, for sure, no big signings..it seems. Paqueta will be a major player for us, I feel. If he manages to shine..that would makes us so much more dynamic.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2019, 01:48 PM) *

No expectations, no disappointment.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2019, 02:48 PM) *

that also for over 16-17 million. When we want to get rid our dead wood then most of the cases its loan and we make zero money.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 9 2019, 12:43 PM) *
Depends who we buy and sell this summer. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a starter for us, maybe replacing Kessie.

So, thus far we have signed Theo Hernandez and Krunic. And all of our previously mentioned objectives seem out of reach.

Help?

I don't think so, we lost a lot of players, and we're trying to sell Biglia as well. Our midfield is thread bare. Empoli's midfield last season looked very good accordion to what I read, it was the attack that really let them down and pushed them down to Serie B. Still I don't think Krunic is meant to be a starter. Maybe he'll be a revelation who knows, but I don't think that's the current plan.

It's still early, Giampoalo has only had a couple of days to assess the players, and going by what was said in the presser, he'll evaluate in training and management will base their decisions on who comes and goes on Giampaolo's request after he's had time with the players
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2019, 09:48 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Question: Have u guys seen Bennacer play?

Or are your concerns based mainly on the fact that he's coming from a relegated side, so you question his quality and ability to improve our side?

EDIT: I didn't watch Empoli's games, but from what little I have seen (game highlights and YouTube mainly), and when he played against us, he has talent; seems like Pacqueta esque style player. Ball control, composure (& flair). Granted that we've lacked these types of players for a while, and while Pacqueta has added an essential bit thus far, I'm a little concerned about the pairings all together at once. I don't want it to be an exhibition match...

But pessimism aside, if we get them to knock th ball, and build chemistry, we can be onto something really nice.
Danny
A little word for Miha who has been diagnosed with cancer, effectively. Not the worst manager we ever had, and football is in a lot of context when you're fighting for your life.

Best wishes sir.
X-Offender
Krunic on Bennacer: "He's really, really good. I used to ask myself, how is it possible he plays for a team like Empoli"

And I've honestly been very impressed from his videos on YouTube. Here's to hoping we made a good signing.
Danny
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2019, 01:33 PM) *
A little word for Miha who has been diagnosed with cancer, effectively. Not the worst manager we ever had, and football is in a lot of context when you're fighting for your life.

Best wishes sir.

Classy response to this, guys. Is this really the heartless filth this planet has become?
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2019, 02:48 PM) *

Worth noting how this "worthless Empoli player" was top player in the Africa cup (link). Just saying ...
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2019, 02:33 PM) *

Best wishes sir.

Adding my best wishes
han2503
Yes, such sad news re Miha. Wishing him a full recovery.

What are your thoughts about this Correa story (The A. Madrid one not Lazio)?

I mean he's a good player, but not 50m good... Hopefully it's just paper talk and not much else, we can do so much better with that kind of money imo
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 21 2019, 08:50 AM) *
What are your thoughts about this Correa story (The A. Madrid one not Lazio)?

I mean he's a good player, but not 50m good... Hopefully it's just paper talk and not much else, we can do so much better with that kind of money imo

I suspect this may be fake news (so far all signings have been under the radar). In any case 50M is the ask, I read somewhere Milan is willing to pay 35M and no more. The Veratout saga seems to indicate M&B will not go over what they believe the player is worth (a refreshing change from the M&F days).

Edit: opinion on Correa varies from worthless (hardly scored any goals at Atletico) to great potential as SS. But 30-35M is the most he is worth.

A few more items floating in the media and on fan sites:
- linked with Modric, and Modric does appear to be leaving RM (Hazard just took his number). I think this is a real long shot, but ...
- the search for a central defender continues (may end up paying lots of money to Juve)
- possible sale of Suso to Roma, but Roma wants a swap and we are not interested in the players they are offering
- possible sale of Cutrone to EPL
- Merda appears to be in meltdown mode already

FWIW, if we are really selling Suso, Giampaolo's comments shows how you approach this (as opposed to Conte slamming half of his team, and Zidane slamming Bale). The moment you tell the world you are not interested in a player, the value takes a nose dive.

Not 100% happy if Cutrone leaves, but he needs regular playing time or will not develop. If we keep him on the team as a sub he will lose value.
Forza Milan!
Non Evoluto says Correa news is being spread by Mendez
(link)
Forza Milan!
(duplicate post)
X-Offender
Andre Silva to Monaco for 30M seems like a done deal. The player has already left Milanello. Excellent news.

As for Correa, seems like we have a deal with the player. Now to reach an agreement with Atletico, who ask 50M but we're not willing to spend more than 40M.

No idea how good this guy is. Never heard of him before. From the clips on YouTube he seems promising, but obviously there's more to it than that.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 19 2019, 03:47 PM) *
Classy response to this, guys. Is this really the heartless filth this planet has become?

Jeez, talk about overreacting.

Felt very sorry when I read the news, hopefully he can overcome it.
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 21 2019, 09:15 AM) *
I suspect this may be fake news (so far all signings have been under the radar). In any case 50M is the ask, I read somewhere Milan is willing to pay 35M and no more. The Veratout saga seems to indicate M&B will not go over what they believe the player is worth (a refreshing change from the M&F days).

Edit: opinion on Correa varies from worthless (hardly scored any goals at Atletico) to great potential as SS. But 30-35M is the most he is worth.

A few more items floating in the media and on fan sites:
- linked with Modric, and Modric does appear to be leaving RM (Hazard just took his number). I think this is a real long shot, but ...
- the search for a central defender continues (may end up paying lots of money to Juve)
- possible sale of Suso to Roma, but Roma wants a swap and we are not interested in the players they are offering
- possible sale of Cutrone to EPL
- Merda appears to be in meltdown mode already

FWIW, if we are really selling Suso, Giampaolo's comments shows how you approach this (as opposed to Conte slamming half of his team, and Zidane slamming Bale). The moment you tell the world you are not interested in a player, the value takes a nose dive.

Not 100% happy if Cutrone leaves, but he needs regular playing time or will not develop. If we keep him on the team as a sub he will lose value.

Agreed re Correa's price. We could get Everton from Gremio for that kind of money and he looks like a complete gem to me

I think the Modric stuff is BS. Why would he come to Milan and does he really have 3 to 4 years of top level football left in him tha would justufy this from our end? I don't think so tbh.

Re Suso, it seems like we asked for Zaniolo or they pay the buyout. Good move. Either one is great for us imo, I don't think Suso is worth that or Zaniolo

Looks like both Cutrone and Silva are on their way out, so not only will we need to practically replace an entire midfield unit, we'll also have to replace nearly the entire attacking line if all these things happen. Just seems strange that we would change so much and with a relatively small budget to operate within as well

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jul 21 2019, 09:57 AM) *
Non Evoluto says Correa news is being spread by Mendez
(link)

Hmm... Don't know, Di Marzio and Manu Baio are the ones reporting this, they're usually pretty on the money

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 21 2019, 04:33 PM) *
Andre Silva to Monaco for 30M seems like a done deal. The player has already left Milanello. Excellent news.

As for Correa, seems like we have a deal with the player. Now to reach an agreement with Atletico, who ask 50M but we're not willing to spend more than 40M.

No idea how good this guy is. Never heard of him before. From the clips on YouTube he seems promising, but obviously there's more to it than that.

Great business if we can get get that kind of money for Silva after the last 2 mediocre years. At least we only lost 8m or so on him.
X-Offender
Actually we made a gain of 9M because his contract right now is worth 21 million.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 21 2019, 04:36 PM) *
Jeez, talk about overreacting.

In a Trump and Brexit-dominated world world of hate, if anything my response was an underreaction!

Felt very sorry when I read the news, hopefully he can overcome it.

Hear hear.
X-Offender
Because I didn't write in a forum that I'm sorry for Miha, according to you, it's a sign that this planet has become a heartless filth? Come on...
Danny
Bit defensive there old boy. It wasn't aimed at you? But that said this planet is one bitter place now.
CrazyMilanFan
Angel Correa to milan is now everywhere. It was 50 m first now 40 m plus bonuses. Not sure if it would be worth it
X-Offender
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 23 2019, 03:46 AM) *
Angel Correa to milan is now everywhere. It was 50 m first now 40 m plus bonuses. Not sure if it would be worth it

Have my doubts about him. Is he really worth that much?
Danny
Cutrone to some PL side for £23M. One of the few players at San Siro I actually like and now he's being shipped out.

Great.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 23 2019, 11:45 AM) *
Have my doubts about him. Is he really worth that much?

Good player. 5 goals/assists last season in La Liga in 34 appearances, whether he's worth that money doesn't matter - fees aren't relative to ability any more.
han2503
I read that Simeone used him as a right midfielder in a 4-4-2. So that could be part of the reason for those stats

What I like about him is that he's a pure SS with great speed and dribbling in tight spaces. He's the kind of player we lack in attack.

The 40m+ price tag makes me apprehensive, especially when we've been told that we don't have the ability to just splash cash around due to FFP. And then to just drop that kind of money on a striker... When the midfield is the more concerning area is a bit worrying. Let's see what happens.

I still think we need another CB and 2 more mids, especially if Suso/Hakan/Biglia and Cutrone are sold
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 23 2019, 12:38 PM) *
Cutrone to some PL side for £23M. One of the few players at San Siro I actually like and now he's being shipped out.

Great.

Personally, I think he's subpar and wouldn't mind him leaving. But the problem is that then we'd remain without a substitute striker on the bench.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 23 2019, 07:31 PM) *
I read that Simeone used him as a right midfielder in a 4-4-2. So that could be part of the reason for those stats

What I like about him is that he's a pure SS with great speed and dribbling in tight spaces. He's the kind of player we lack in attack.

The 40m+ price tag makes me apprehensive, especially when we've been told that we don't have the ability to just splash cash around due to FFP. And then to just drop that kind of money on a striker... When the midfield is the more concerning area is a bit worrying. Let's see what happens.

I still think we need another CB and 2 more mids, especially if Suso/Hakan/Biglia and Cutrone are sold

I read that we won't sign anyone else in midfield. When you think about it, with Bennacer, Hakan and Paqueta, we've got 3/4 of positions covered. The last spot depends whether we'll sell Kessie and sign a replacement or if we're just going to play Krunic as a starter.

Anyhow, I think our next target will be a CB to pair with Romagonli, and that's it, we're done.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 23 2019, 07:39 PM) *
Personally, I think he's subpar and wouldn't mind him leaving. But the problem is that then we'd remain without a substitute striker on the bench.

I think he's the best striker we've had in years, aside Piatek.

8 in 14 in the UEL (and 2 assists) is a pretty impressive record.

I'm not saying he's Sheva, but I think he's way better than many give him credit for.

Incidentally it's Wolves after him.
CrazyMilanFan
silva move collasped.... ffs
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 23 2019, 10:31 PM) *
I think he's the best striker we've had in years, aside Piatek.

8 in 14 in the UEL (and 2 assists) is a pretty impressive record.

I'm not saying he's Sheva, but I think he's way better than many give him credit for.

Incidentally it's Wolves after him.

Against very mediocre opponents, though. His overall stats are not terrible (27 goals in 90 appearances overall), but as a player I think he's very limited. Reminds me of a less impressive Inzaghi, but in today's football one-dimensional players like Pippo or Gattuso have no place anymore.

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 24 2019, 05:24 AM) *

Yeah, I read. Just our luck. -__-
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 24 2019, 12:01 PM) *
Against very mediocre opponents, though. His overall stats are not terrible (27 goals in 90 appearances overall), but as a player I think he's very limited. Reminds me of a less impressive Inzaghi, but in today's football one-dimensional players like Pippo or Gattuso have no place anymore.

Those stats are mostly as a bench player. Which makes him even better. The UEL stats are mostly as a starter.

And you say that but pretty sure Piatek is exactly that kind of player. Higuain too.
Danny
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 24 2019, 05:24 AM) *

Had no idea that was even on. I'm so out of the loop these days.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 24 2019, 01:27 PM) *
Those stats are mostly as a bench player. Which makes him even better. The UEL stats are mostly as a starter.

And you say that but pretty sure Piatek is exactly that kind of player. Higuain too.

Yes, Piatek is similar (although better). In fact, I'm not that crazy about him either. Higuain is a completely different story.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 24 2019, 01:45 PM) *
Yes, Piatek is similar (although better). In fact, I'm not that crazy about him either. Higuain is a completely different story.

I suspect old-school style players aren't your thing mate!
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 24 2019, 04:00 PM) *
I suspect old-school style players aren't your thing mate!

They’re just not as useful anymore.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 24 2019, 07:45 PM) *
They’re just not as useful anymore.

I dunno. Isn't Sergio Aguero still kinda handy?
Forza Milan!
Still keep hearing rumors that we are after Modric. We now also being linke to James. Both feel unlikely. Both are towards the later stages of their careers, which seems opposite to what our new transfer philosophy is supposed to be. OTOH, they would add quality to the team for a few years (well, Modric for sure, not as convince about James). Will see ..

Somewhat bummed about the Silva deal falling through. As for Cutrone, I do not believe he is that good. It feels like he has reached his potential. More important, he seems to be rather "limited" (where Giampaolo's system seems to favor players with more "flexibility"). Also, we already have a player with his characteristics. finally, if he stays he will be relegated to the role of "Piatek understudy", which will limit his ability to "grow" (assuming he can). Bottom line, both Silva and Cutrone can leave, AFAIAC.

The Suso saga also continues, as does the Correa drama.

Finally, I hear Gabbia did well in the Bayern game. In your opinion, s he a legit option for the first team?

Danny
Cutrone to Wolves - fee agreed.

Doesn't that leave us basically with one major striker and that's it?

As for Gabbia, putting that weight on a 19 year old is difficult. We fluked it with Donnarumma at 16, but no one expected anything of him.

This is an even worse Milan than that one was.

PS some match ratings for the Bayern match if anyone's interested:

Gianluigi Donnarumma: It was good to see Gigio in a Milan shirt amidst all the transfer rumours of his possible exit. Not much for him to do in terms of saves but he did get a lot of time on the ball. Gigio looked fairly comfortable but he still needs to develop his passing skills. 6/10

Davide Calabria: Calabria was tested this match on the right side as he was marking both Kingsley Coman and Canadian Alphonso Davies. Calabria stood his ground and even made a few runs offensively to create chances for Milan. 7/10

Matteo Gabbia: After impressing at the U-21 Euros Gabbia got to showcase his defensive skill. Gabbia did exactly that as he showed the potential Milan fans what they’ve been waiting on. Of course Gabbia isn't ready for the first team but if he continues to develop he could challenge for a spot in the starting eleven. 7/10

Ivan Strinic: Well as our manager Pete Schlenker would say Strinic is not a centre back, pass it on. This was a cobbled together defence for Milan and it showed at times with Strinic being the most out of place. Strinic should not be expected to get a lot of minutes at centre back this season. 5.5/10

Theo Hernandez: Just as it seemed that Milan finally struck gold with a pacey fullback who loves going forward, he goes down with an ankle injury. At the time of writing the severity of the injury isn't know but we can only hope that he is ok for the start of the season. 8/10

Fabio Borini: Similar to Strinic Borini was played out of position and it showed. He is simply not a central midfielder, yes he works hard but he doesn't have the touch or technique to play at that position. 5.5/10

Lucas Biglia: Old man Biglia had a fairly decent performance in the new system. He looked comfortable on the ball and was in good defensive position. Biglia will surely be a great backup once the Bennacer signing is completed. 6.5/10

Hakan Calhanoglu: Well Hakan is finally playing in a position that is comfortable for him and well Hakan still isn't impressing. His touch on the ball halted some Milan attacks and he continues to insist on taking long shots. His corners leave much to be desired and he went after Coman in a friendly. Hakan might need to make his way out the door. 5.5/10

Daniel Maldini: Once again a Maldini is in the first team for Milan. Maldini got his first chance with the first team playing attacking midfield. He showed promise at points but it's clear that he isn't quite ready. With more playing time in the primavera he could be a good player for Milan. 5.5/10

Samu Castillejo: With a switch to a formation with no natural wingers Castillejo now has to show his versatility. Well in this match he didn't entirely do that. His pace should allow him to get in behind the defence and create separation but his small build allows him to be taken off the ball easily. 5.5/10

rzysztof Piatek: Piatek looked at tad reserved in this match. It didn't seem there was the fire in him which is perfectly understandable because it is the preseason. That cross from Calabria surely would have been put in the net if it was the Serie A season. 6/10
SUBSTITUTES

Andrea Conti: Coming on for the injured Theo Hernandez Conti played in an unnatural position at left back. He came in and was serviceable, he showed he can go forward and didn't make too many mistakes defensively. 6/10

Patrick Cutrone: Another game where our wonder boy doesn't show his promise. His first touch looked poor and after every missed opportunity his body language just looked awful. Not to mention that he missed a golden opportunity on goal. Right now Cutrone isn't looking good. 5/10

Tad unfair on Cutrone given he's about to leave and his mind isn't exactly focused!
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 24 2019, 11:02 PM) *
I dunno. Isn't Sergio Aguero still kinda handy?

I think there's being a misunderstanding here.

I'm referring to classic poachers. Guys like Cutrone, Piatek, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Crespo etc. who thrive on service. Give the ball to Cutrone outside the box, he has no f*cking clue what do with it. Most of the time he'll just end up losing it.

Aguero is an all-round striker. He has incredible talent and is capable of doing anything with the ball at his feet. He can dribble past the defenders and score from any position. That's the difference.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 25 2019, 04:04 PM) *
I think there's being a misunderstanding here.

I'm referring to classic poachers. Guys like Cutrone, Piatek, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Crespo etc. who thrive on service. Give the ball to Cutrone outside the box, he has no f*cking clue what do with it. Most of the time he'll just end up losing it.

Aguero is an all-round striker. He has incredible talent and is capable of doing anything with the ball at his feet. He can dribble past the defenders and score from any position. That's the difference.

I knew what you meant - and Aguero isn't the player you just described at all for me. He's a classic 9. We agree on the talent but you appear to be describing the Suarez/Neymar/Messi/Ronaldo striker - Aguero just isn't like that IMO.

But if you don't agree I respect that.
Fillipo Simone
Okay... much talk, little progress so far I see.

Firstly, all our signings up today are mainly rotational. What makes me concerned is that we seem to move pretty slowly. No news on Kessie being offered to someone, no news about us selling Strinić or Rodriguez, the Silva move seems to have collapsed for unknown/mysterious reasons which could ultimately mean we're stuck with him. No news on Suso either...

I mean Giampaolo seems to be set on the 4-3-1-2 system. Yet we have players like Rodriguez and Kessie who seem to be useless in such a system, and especially Castillejo and Suso. We need to get rid of them and for once in perhaps 5 years sign someone other the a talent or a has-been. Meaning no Higuain's any more but also no Zaniolo's.

That being said, I think we're going after Modrić. How this will end is rather unclear, but as far as I know, Boban is working to make the deal possible. Two strong cards in favor of this move (other the Real not being on best terms with Modrić) is that Boban has great influence and that Modrić always was keen on playing for Milan.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 25 2019, 10:38 PM) *
Okay... much talk, little progress so far I see.

Firstly, all our signings up today are mainly rotational. What makes me concerned is that we seem to move pretty slowly. No news on Kessie being offered to someone, no news about us selling Strinić or Rodriguez, the Silva move seems to have collapsed for unknown/mysterious reasons which could ultimately mean we're stuck with him. No news on Suso either...

I mean Giampaolo seems to be set on the 4-3-1-2 system. Yet we have players like Rodriguez and Kessie who seem to be useless in such a system, and especially Castillejo and Suso. We need to get rid of them and for once in perhaps 5 years sign someone other the a talent or a has-been. Meaning no Higuain's any more but also no Zaniolo's.

That being said, I think we're going after Modrić. How this will end is rather unclear, but as far as I know, Boban is working to make the deal possible. Two strong cards in favor of this move (other the Real not being on best terms with Modrić) is that Boban has great influence and that Modrić always was keen on playing for Milan.

I belive Bennacer will start most of the time, same goes for Theo. Kessie may fit in Giampaolo's system, and I don't believe we will offload him w/o a good offer. Suso may end up at Roma, but it is good that we are asking for money and not accepting garbage players in exchange (that's how we got stuck with Laxalt and others). Hopefully we will find a home for Silva, Rodriguez, others may be harder to offload.

Mixed feeling about Correa. Sounds like the kind of player we need, but it is a lot of money. Modric would be great, not convinced about James.
CrazyMilanFan
the latest name now is Keita Baldé Diao. Not sure if that would help much
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 26 2019, 08:11 AM) *
the latest name now is Keita Baldé Diao. Not sure if that would help much

Can't believe we're actually interested...
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 26 2019, 11:46 AM) *
Can't believe we're actually interested...

Also talking about Rafael Leao (link). There are claims that these names are coming up to put pressure on Atletico, who knows. In general, mercato news this year is less reliable than normally. Hopefully that is an indication that M&B are more guarded with the info they provide to the press, which would be a good thing AFAIAC.

As for Suso, it looks like we are now being offered Fazio by Roma.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.