Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summer Transfers 2019
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 18 2020, 05:05 PM) *
Emre Can is good, man.

If he's better in Italy than he was in the PL I'm ok with that. But I don't want the Liverpool one.
William405
I'd take Emre Can and play him next to Bennacer..he can certainly help
han2503
I'd definitely take both

We need to try to offload Suso and maybe even Piatek at this point
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 19 2020, 10:09 PM) *
I'd definitely take both

We need to try to offload Suso and maybe even Piatek at this point

Olmo? Is he any good?

It seems that the January transfer season is done though. I would have been interested to see whether Ibra can attract other superstars, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 19 2020, 09:36 PM) *
Olmo? Is he any good?

It seems that the January transfer season is done though. I would have been interested to see whether Ibra can attract other superstars, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Ibra has nothing to do with it. We simply cannot afford other superstars.
Fillipo Simone
Olmo is great. Untested but a big potential.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 19 2020, 09:57 PM) *
Olmo is great. Untested but a big potential.

Wow, I think this is the first time I hear you praising a youngster we're linked with.
Fillipo Simone
Is it? I used to praise Gilardino. The thing with youngsters is that they usually end up being hyped based on youtube clips. I'm not against them per se, I'm just cautious because mostly I don't have a clue how good they are.

Olmo plays for my home team. I've seen him countless times and he has the intelligence and quality to become very good. Is it enough for us? Not sure. Is it what we need? Well, we need creativity like that but... I don't think youngsters like him alone can do the trick.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 20 2020, 10:47 PM) *
Is it? I used to praise Gilardino. The thing with youngsters is that they usually end up being hyped based on youtube clips. I'm not against them per se, I'm just cautious because mostly I don't have a clue how good they are.

Olmo plays for my home team. I've seen him countless times and he has the intelligence and quality to become very good. Is it enough for us? Not sure. Is it what we need? Well, we need creativity like that but... I don't think youngsters like him alone can do the trick.

You do realise Gilardino was 15 years ago don't you. tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
I do haha wacko.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 20 2020, 10:47 PM) *

Plays for your home team? When Alfredo Morelos and Borna Barisic (Rangers) were linked with Milan I went a bit mad.

I'm guessing in your case home team (Zagreb) doesn't mean your primary team.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 22 2020, 05:47 PM) *
Plays for your home team? When Alfredo Morelos and Borna Barisic (Rangers) were linked with Milan I went a bit mad.

I'm guessing in your case home team (Zagreb) doesn't mean your primary team.

I don't think Fillipo cares about his home team as much as he cares for Milan.
Fillipo Simone
Indeed.
William405
That's cute.
Fillipo Simone
Well Olmo is gone to Leipzig. Apparently Milan made a good offer but it was down to the player who preferred Leipzig over Milan. Enough said...

I'm a bit curious to see the January market on halt. Rodriguez not sold yet, Piatek not sold, Suso not sold. I just hope we won't make these transactions too late and then make some panic buys.
X-Offender
I keep reading stories every day, yet nothing concrete so far. It's hard to get rid of garbage, you know. Nobody wants it.

PS: I already see Danny all over my face if Piatek goes to Spurs or Chelsea telling me to eat my words. biggrin.gif
X-Offender
And on that subject, I just read that Suso is going to Sevilla. 18 months loan + right or obligation of purchase.

Link

So, after Caldara, another 18 months loan. Oh boy, we just can't seem to cash in one anyone anymore.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 27 2020, 09:23 PM) *
I keep reading stories every day, yet nothing concrete so far. It's hard to get rid of garbage, you know. Nobody wants it.

PS: I already see Danny all over my face if Piatek goes to Spurs or Chelsea telling me to eat my words. biggrin.gif

Haha YOU'RE the one who keeps bringing him up wink.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 27 2020, 09:25 PM) *
And on that subject, I just read that Suso is going to Sevilla. 18 months loan + right or obligation of purchase.

Link

So, after Caldara, another 18 months loan. Oh boy, we just can't seem to cash in one anyone anymore.

Same issue at Ibrox - we've not sold anyone for a significant profit in best part of a decade.
Fillipo Simone
January period finished. No enthusiasm here I see.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2020, 06:57 PM) *

Nothing much to write home about, honestly.
Fillipo Simone
Really?

Suso departing, Piatek departing, Rodriguez out,...
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2020, 07:43 PM) *
Really?

Suso departing, Piatek departing, Rodriguez out,...

Yes, well that is true. I think we did discuss it on the other thread.

There seems be a general lethargy about these departures.
Fillipo Simone
Maybe I've just missed it. This place is a ghost town. Even Han and X-O don't drop in as often as I was used to.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2020, 08:29 PM) *
Maybe I've just missed it. This place is a ghost town. Even Han and X-O don't drop in as often as I was used to.

No you're right. That is true, sadly.
X-Offender
I actually open this forum daily. Han I don't see very often anymore.
Fillipo Simone
Where is he hiding these days?
X-Offender
He's turned into an Inter fan. tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2020, 04:57 PM) *

I personally think we've weakened the squad considerably, so nothing to be enthusiastic about. And we didn't even get decent cash for any of them either

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 3 2020, 10:03 PM) *
He's turned into an Inter fan. tongue.gif

NEVER!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Nah, just don't have that much time right now, haven't had for a while tbh

I try to watch all the games, but even that's become difficult.

I'm just generally not happy with where Elliot is steering this club. Paolo and Boban are obviously doing their utmost but they're obviously shackled and don't have much leeway. So we're most likely looking at another ownership change in the near future. All this instability is disheartening really and doesn't inspire much enthusiasm to follow the team like I used to
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2020, 10:19 PM) *
I personally think we've weakened the squad considerably, so nothing to be enthusiastic about. And we didn't even get decent cash for any of them either

NEVER!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Nah, just don't have that much time right now, haven't had for a while tbh

I try to watch all the games, but even that's become difficult.

I'm just generally not happy with where Elliot is steering this club. Paolo and Boban are obviously doing their utmost but they're obviously shackled and don't have much leeway. So we're most likely looking at another ownership change in the near future. All this instability is disheartening really and doesn't inspire much enthusiasm to follow the team like I used to

No more arguments about Zapata sad.gif
X-Offender
Or Piatek for that matter now. biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 6 2020, 11:53 PM) *
No more arguments about Zapata sad.gif

Well I never saw Zapata as a great defender, but he was great to have on the bench, same with Abate. And I think it was a mistake to let both go when they could have been great bench players. Especially when you consider what we have this season as option off the bench both at CB and RB this season

With Calabria and Conti both having a doozy of a season, Abate especially would have been great to have as an alternative.

So for all my complaints about Zapata, I do miss having him in the team, that's for sure
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 7 2020, 04:55 PM) *
Or Piatek for that matter now. biggrin.gif

You once asked me if I was his acquaintance, I'd have to ask if he microwaved your hamster!
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 7 2020, 09:35 PM) *
Well I never saw Zapata as a great defender, but he was great to have on the bench, same with Abate. And I think it was a mistake to let both go when they could have been great bench players. Especially when you consider what we have this season as option off the bench both at CB and RB this season

With Calabria and Conti both having a doozy of a season, Abate especially would have been great to have as an alternative.

So for all my complaints about Zapata, I do miss having him in the team, that's for sure

Feels like old times wink.gif
X-Offender
Anyone reading about the latest Rangnick rumours? Apparently Gazidis has chosen him as our coach for next season.
William405
I don't know if anyone is keeping up with what is happening.

But, Boban is sacked, and Maldini doesn't seem happy about it. Gazidis wants Rangnick at Milan, like X-off said, and this has caused internal conflict with Boban claiming he wasn't informed about that decision.

Once again, chaos in our management. It's a shame as I thought Maldini and Boban would bring stability at least on that front.
X-Offender
Shameful move by Gazidis. You cannot hire a new coach for June and not inform your sporting director about it, when it actuality that's his job. Boban said today that Ragnick has been signed since December.

We're a mess, really. No clear plan, just confusing moves, hiring and sacking people every 6 months.
Fillipo Simone
A complete mess. Elliot has been doing a terrible job.
Danny
Literally only just found out about this thanks to the commentary in this match!

This isn't Milan, hasn't been in a long time.

Incredible to say it but the B&G era even by the end was better than this.
han2503
I mostly feel sorry about the players and Pioli in this situation.

Gazidis is a little sh!t, I never trusted him and I honestly don't know why Elliot bothered with people like Boban and Maldini, both of whom are head strong individuals that won't just take everything lying down and go along with the hedge fund in whatever they wish to do.

And most of all, I just feel sorry for all of us fans, who continue to hope that there will be a light at the end of this tunnel when obviously there won't be anytime soon, certainly not under this ownership who have made it clear that they see Milan as nothing more than just another venture capital. And a football club can never be such.

If they want Gazidis to run this club as he did Arsenal (which was a failure in and of itself) then we are doomed. At least Arsenal had huge PL money to depend on.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, we're doomed.
Rossoneri7
Silvio put his money, his passion and his vision to make Milan the brand we all came to know and love. FFP ristricted him from doing that and he sold. What we as fans are left with is the memory of Silvio's Milan. This current one is not the same.

Even if Milan is resurrected in 10 years time, it won't be the same.
X-Offender
The fault of Galliani, and by extension, Berlusconi was the failure to develop a proper business plan when the time allowed for it. It all started with giving fat contracts to ageing players, not properly strengthening the team with new talents every year, and not improving our revenue streams. When FFP came crashing like a rock, we had no escape. It was too late.

Inter suffered, too. Just like us after 2007, they crumbled completely after 2010, and up until two years ago we were both great clubs just by name and nothing else. Luckily for them they found good new owners who know what they're doing. Whereas Silvio sold us to a shady Chinese investor with no money.

Silvio will always remain an icon in Milan history, but it can't be denied that just as he rescued us, he completely ruined us.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 10 2020, 01:38 AM) *
Whereas Silvio sold us to a shady Chinese investor with no money.

Silvio will always remain an icon in Milan history, but it can't be denied that just as he rescued us, he completely ruined us.

You're describing, word for word, what happened to Rangers and Sir David Murray.
X-Offender
So, Juve got Arthur for Pjanic. Excellent deal I must say. No idea what they were thinking at Barca.

Also, Inter seems to have almost signed Hakimi from Dortmund for around 40M.

Man, I hate it how now Juve and Inter seem to spend large sums at ease nowadays while we keep scraping for unknown youngsters and cheap options.

Latest names we've been linked with have been T. Silva (who would come for free, but 35 yo), Dumfries RB from PSV, Szoboszlai MF from Salzburg, and Jovic CF from Madrid.

Media has also dropped some unknown names mainly linked with Ragnick's arrival.
CrazyMilanFan
so after yesterday's win we are being linked with Tonali today wink.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 8 2020, 10:44 AM) *
so after yesterday's win we are being linked with Tonali today wink.gif

He already has an agreement with Inter. They just have to agree on the price with Brescia. Doubt we can beat Inter when it comes to money.

Donnarumma
NEW SIGNING - NEW SIGNING - Romagnoli - Hernandez
NEW SIGNING - Bennacer
NEW SIGNING - Calhanoglu - Rebic
NEW SIGNING

We need at least five decent signings. Now, if Kessie could always perform like he performed last night, then I wouldn't think twice about having him as starter. But we all know he's as inconsistent as they get.

Ibra will most probably leave. He said last night that it's a pity there are no fans on the stands because these games might have been the last chance for them to see him live. And let's be honest. The guy will be 39. He was OK as an interim solution to help us get back on our feet after the Giampaolo disaster. But he can't be the centre of a new project.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 8 2020, 01:38 PM) *
Ibra will most probably leave. He said last night that it's a pity there are no fans on the stands because these games might have been the last chance for them to see him live. And let's be honest. The guy will be 39. He was OK as an interim solution to help us get back on our feet after the Giampaolo disaster. But he can't be the centre of a new project.

One of you or Han heralded this signing as the second coming, as more than 'ok'.

And his goal and assists have been great, tbf.

And he's probably the reason we're in fifth now.

I was tentatively against the signing, cautious. I saw no future in it. Your comment bears that out but we can't deny the impact he's had when fit.
X-Offender
Yes, I really wanted us to sign him, and I'm quite glad we did. He managed to instil some semblance of winning mentality into a team that was in pieces. He did his fair share, and we're all grateful.

But I never claimed he should have been more than an interim solution. We're up for an ambitious project next season with a coach that wants to build a young team after his own philosophy. And I'm afraid Ibra not only doesn't suit that, but he's just too old and not fit for another relentless Serie A season.
Danny
I don't agree. Ibra can keep going as long as he's fit to.

Until the day he's just not delivering, there's no point ditching him.

And pah to the ambitious coach and young team stuff - that means another 5-10 years of this, and it also reminds me of the youth project piffle B&G came out with in 2012.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.