Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leonardo
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Fillipo Simone
New AC Milan coach. I wish him the best, and will try to keep my scepticism as long as possible closed down.

Rivaldo

Forza LEO!! I love you for Kaka and Pato and hope will love you as a coach!!
Darunia
Good luck!
Zed.D
Forza Leonardo and good luck biggrin.gif

I'm happy he's teaming up with Galli (and Tassotti). hopefully we'll pay more attention to our youth players. Juve and Inter already have a couple of upcoming stars in Giovinco, De Ceglie, Marchisio, Balotelli, Stanton, etc. Paloschi aside, whose potential is doubted by some, we have no one at the moment.
Fillipo Simone
Oh, you should add Abate and Darmain, but I know,...both are uncertain and far from what Santon or Giovinco already are.
Zed.D
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 1 2009, 12:17 AM) *
Oh, you should add Abate and Darmain, but I know,...both are uncertain and far from what Santon or Giovinco already are.

Problem is we don't know how good Darmian actually is. he's been labeled a potentially great defender but never got a chance to prove it. 'at the moment' we can't tell we have a potentially great defender in Darmian. besides, rumor has it he will be loaned out next season.

As for Abate, I'd forgotten him tbh. you're right. even though whether he returns remains to be seen.
dst
Good luck! Please bring change!! smile.gif
Bluesummers
Yes we need change! New style, New formation, New tactics and a new look!

Its going to be exciting next season knowing we can't predict the line up for every game a week before the game is even played or having to deal with subs so late that they dont make an impact or stupid subs that always backfire.
mishie
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 31 2009, 11:35 PM) *
Yes we need change! New style, New formation, New tactics and a new look!

Its going to be exciting next season knowing we can't predict the line up for every game a week before the game is even played or having to deal with subs so late that they dont make an impact or stupid subs that always backfire.

We won't know anything because he's never coached before..and this disrespect for Carlo is still going to continue even now he's left??
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (mishie @ May 31 2009, 11:58 PM) *
We won't know anything because he's never coached before..and this disrespect for Carlo is still going to continue even now he's left??

It seems so. I'm just curious how long it will take till Leo won't be hung.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 31 2009, 03:49 PM) *

It was after seeing this celebration during today's game that I figured it could have mean't something more...

Forza Coach Leo!!

Grazie Ancelotti! You gave us so much joy while at Milan, but your stratagies seemed to change a bit along the way.
Good Luck in your future challanges... cool.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Rivaldo @ May 31 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Forza LEO!! I love you for Kaka and Pato and hope will love you as a coach!!

+1 cool.gif
TriniKing_CE
From Leonardo's Wikipedia Page:

'..despite not still having the required coaching badges (he is set to attend a UEFA A coaching course on June 2009).'
Bluesummers
Having coaching badges means nothing guys. He has probably shown berlu and Galliani that he has something to offer otherwise they would appoint MVB.
Zed.D
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jun 1 2009, 03:10 AM) *
From Leonardo's Wikipedia Page:

'..despite not still having the required coaching badges (he is set to attend a UEFA A coaching course on June 2009).'

It is June 1st. does anyone know how long does this course take?
kurtsimonw
A few weeks I would imagine. I think they're pointless anyway, a badge doesn't really prove wehether you're worthy enough to coach a team..

I'm slightly disappointed. I was hoping we'd bring in a guy like Sam Allerdyce so we could play some sexy long ball football.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2009, 12:19 AM) *
A few weeks I would imagine. I think they're pointless anyway, a badge doesn't really prove wehether you're worthy enough to coach a team..

I'm slightly disappointed. I was hoping we'd bring in a guy like Sam Allerdyce so we could play some sexy long ball football.

Contradictory! laugh.gif

Damn you’re as English as they get - Aren't you?! tongue.gif
Zed.D
LOL @ Kurt!

Much to the disappointment of some:

QUOTE (Channel4)
Leo has big plans

Monday 1 June, 2009

Newly installed Milan Coach Leonardo wants to strengthen his side with Emmanuel Adebayor and Michael Essien, according to Corriere dello Sport.

The 39-year-old former Brazil international yesterday replaced Carlo Ancelotti who announced he had agreed to terminate his contract with the Rossoneri.

Leonardo has followed the Fabio Capello route to the Milan bench, working for one of Silvio Berlusconi's companies before becoming a trainer.

According to Corriere dello Sport, Leonardo is prepared to overhaul the current squad both in terms of tactics and personnel.

His No 1 transfer target this summer is reportedly Adebayor, the 25-year-old Togo striker, who has flirted with Milan in recent weeks.

Adebayor famously compared Milan with Beyoncé Knowles, the R&B singer, to the disappointment of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

Essien, the Chelsea midfielder, is also apparently on Milan's wanted list, although the prospect of him leaving Stamford Bridge is remote.

If they do join the Rossoneri this summer, they are likely to play in a 4-3-3 formation, which La Gazzetta dello Sport believe to be Leonardo's preferred style of play.

I have always said, I don't think Adebayor is all that great but I'd gladly take him because I can't see us aiming higher than that. he's good enough, in other words.
Bluesummers
I dont think that will happenl. I doubt we'll sign adebayor. I think we'll go for maybe borriello-pato-paloschi-inzaghi combo with perhaps sheva staying on board as well.
Fillipo Simone
We need a striker. Kaka being our first scorer (even if many of his goals came from penalties) means we need one more up front IMO. How can we rely on Borriello?
Zed.D
Counting UEFA Cup goals, Pato is our top goalscorer (18). he scored only 1 goal less than Kaka in the league but just a little less than half of Kaka's goals came from penalties (most of them earned by others).

IMO Kaka never was and never will be a striker. he's best used when he's playing in midfield, like old times.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 1 2009, 04:18 AM) *
We need a striker. Kaka being our first scorer (even if many of his goals came from penalties) means we need one more up front IMO. How can we rely on Borriello?

I agree with you but I just dont think we'll spend the money unless Kaka is sold then yes we will have to spend. I think most of our transfer fund will go to a rock solid defender and perhaps another midfielder.
Bluesummers
Milan Coach Leonardo: Carlo Ancelotti Motivated Me To Take The Job

Leonardo has spoken of his delight after being unveiled as Milan's new coach on Monday, and he is ready to continue building as he works towards brining more success to the club.

Milan have confirmed the former Brazil international has signed a two year deal which expires on June 30, 2011. Leonardo is hoping he can lead the club back to glory as he prepares to settle down and begin a new adventure.

"I am tied to Milan with great affection. It's an important day for me, it's special and different to what I could have imagined," Leonardo told Sky Sport Italia during his unveiling.

"I am truly happy for this choice. I have been here for 12 years and starting after Carlo means something even deeper as I had a good rapport with him."

Leonardo spent Sunday saying farewell to his former mentor, and he admits Ancelotti had a helping hand in pushing him to take on the role.

"It was extraordinary yesterday and to see all the players crying was strong," added the coach.

"Carlo has always stimulated me to accept this role. It has been difficult over the last few days with everything that has happened.

"I am happy, I start a new adventure. Now we have to construct. We have the right foundations in terms of will and determination in place to succeed

"We have a good structure here and I don't think there is any need to make major changes."

Kaka has been linked with plenty of clubs as the transfer rumours continue, but Leonado is not fazed by all the hype, confident his fellow Brazilian will stay.

"Kaka is always a dream for many teams. Honestly, I don't see any problems. We have him here and I hope he continues to stay here with us," added Leonardo.

"Obviously you can never tell what happens with the transfer market, but I am hopeful he will stay."

king.gif First press conference biggrin.gif
GonzZo
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 1 2009, 12:44 PM) *
Counting UEFA Cup goals, Pato is our top goalscorer (18). he scored only 1 goal less than Kaka in the league but just a little less than half of Kaka's goals came from penalties (most of them earned by others).

IMO Kaka never was and never will be a striker. he's best used when he's playing in midfield, like old times.

Agreed. Pato can be a goalmachine it just depends on how he's played. Try to look at his goal ratio when he has been playing with Kaka up front (as the striker in a christmas tree), he has averaged almost a goal per game this season, however he hardly ever scored playing next to Pippo. Back at Internacional he played as a '9' aswell, so I have no doubts that he could do that at Milan. If we play a 4-3-3, he would be perfectly able to play the striker role. We only need one more striker if we're gonna play a two-striker formation, playing Pato on the wing is a waste, like Robinho on the wing in Real Madrid.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 1 2009, 01:18 PM) *

We're probably going to play like this:
Gattuso - Pirlo - Flamini
Kaka - Pato - Ronaldinho

in which case I don't think we need another forward. In any case, we MUST sign a great CB and a great LB as soon as possible!

PS Please take Seedorf with you Carlo!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 1 2009, 05:43 AM) *
We're probably going to play like this:
Gattuso - Pirlo - Flamini
Kaka - Pato - Ronaldinho

in which case I don't think we need another forward. In any case, we MUST sign a great CB and a great LB as soon as possible!

PS Please take Seedorf with you Carlo!

Eventhough I dont like it, I think this is what will happen.

We'll use borriello, Paloschi and inzaghi as backup.

Oh sheva is leaving forsure. Chelsea said they want him back.
Rossoneri7
It will be a trial and error start for him, in deciding on the formation, tactics, and players.

At first glance, he will most likely play KaPaRo with two DMs and fullbacks. Yet this is just an assumption, as many different formations and assumptions could be conjured up, but not till the September has passed will we truly know the layout that Leo will play with. A lot of question markers arise and I hope creates the sparks to set out a team that will make us all proud king.gif
Zed.D
Leonardo's first press conference. very interesting.

A NEW ERA

Humility, enthusiasm and a fun football. These are the new believes of the new Rossoneri’s coach Leonardo who was presented today at San Siro. A new path which starts without forgetting the help of the friend Carlo Ancelotti.

MILAN – Today a new path and new era started for Milan, born from the dreams and projects of president Silvio Berluscni. The new Milan coach, Leonardo, today during the press conference of San Siro presented his philosophy, his new project:

“THANKS CARLO”

“Today for me is an absolutely special day. I dream of becoming a player, but I would have never thought of being a coach. To start this adventure you need solid basis, like the great affection which ties me to this club and without doubt the great respect. I’ve been in this environment for the past 12 years and for me to start again after Carlo Ancelotti has a very deep meaning. What ties me to Carlo is an extraordinary tie, he is a very sensible person and it was very strong seeing how the entire dressing room and environment are tied to him. I would have never accepted this duty if there wasn’t a great rapport between us and especially if there wasn’t this final part of the season which saw us all agree. I must admit that Carlo Ancelotti is the person who most motivated me to accept this role, between us there was a sort of common path and this was very nice. Today for me it starts a new adventure, with great humility, enthusiasm and will to do, and what makes me happy is feeling a lot of trust around me.”

“I FEEL LIKE AN ADMINISTRATOR”

“How I see myself? More with the tie than the track suit. Without doubt I change role, but I’m a coach. What can be different from another coach is the path. Today I have a club vision, I know perfectly well the culture, philosophy, the needs of this club because I worked in the management. However, I’m not the director of the technical area anymore, my role will be that of moving these work experiences on the pitch. The perfect work could be administrator. Yes, I see myself as an administrator of a structure which already works very well and which can be improved. I see myself as the right person for re-arranging new mechanisms. I start from the fundamental presumption that nothing will be upset, because I believe that a work structure must be maintained. This staff, this organization knows everything about this squad, it has a baggage of experience from which we must start again with more ideas and new objectives. We have an important margin of growth from the programs level and we can grow also on the tactical level.”

THE NEW TECHNICAL STAFF

“On the pitch I will rely a lot on Mauro Tassotti who will be my assistant coach. With him we shall evaluate the management of the training session, of the daily work. Daniele Tognaccini will be in charge of the athletic structure, with the duty of trying new methods, new tests, new controls and new methods of work. For example I believe a lot in an athletic preparation with the ball, to quicken the action, to have more ball possession in the opponents centre half. With regards to the medical part, we shall again to evaluations. Then we shall rely to two specific figures to obtain tactical and scientific data. It will be two people with a detached vision to the event, positioned in specific zones for the control of the opponents, movements, game spaces. Goalkeeper trainers will remain Villiam Vecchi and Valerio Fiori.”

“THE FOOTBALL I LOVE”

“I don’t know yet with which tactical setup we shall play, because a lot will depend from the technical material we have. I would say that there is a solid basis, which is that of the 4-3-1-2 which can vary in identity. I think about an offensive game, which entertains and allows the players’ talents to give their best without losing consistency. Today the team which plays best in this sense is Barcelona, Italian football had various periods, I think for example about the 4-4-2 which were quite static and the consequent will, from the fans, to see a more entertaining football. I inspire myself to the Brazil’s game of Tele Santana, but those were the 80s, today you cannot do without the talent helped by the strength and battle because football has changed, it has become with more fighting spirit. Even a coach of my past like Guus Hiddink, lately has varied a bit his game module, imposing more on the physical strength. Changes will always be there. I admired a lot the Brazil of 1982, light in its game, with players who basically did not have exact duties and who had two full-backs who pushed forward a lot.

“In any case, this team has a solid base from where we can re-start and surely we will have incoming players. For example I’m very concentrated on the wings, on the push of the wingers that my team will have. Something in this sense will be made for sure. Kaka? He’s certainly a transfer market player, but I hope he can remain and re-start with him. Ronaldinho? He arrived with great enthusiasm and in the first six months he did very well, scoring also important goals. Then after the injury he found it difficult, he noticed how hard Italian football is and how much commitment there must be in the daily work. I think that this year it was very important for him to understand various things.”

“A PRESIDENT WHO DREAMS”

“President Silvio Berlusconi has always had words of encouragement for me, just like general manager Adriano Galliani. Our president is a person who dreams and close to him there is a club who is concentrated in making these dreams become reality.”

(we will play with wingers yahoo.gif )
pacang

now that we have both ex-players at chelsea and milan, is it possible for a mutual agreement? say swap Essien with Seedorf?

Zed.D
QUOTE (pacang @ Jun 1 2009, 05:35 PM) *
now that we have both ex-players at chelsea and milan, is it possible for a mutual agreement? say swap Essien with Seedorf?

Swap Essien with Seedorf? biggrin.gif let's not dream!

The only player I can see them dealing with us for is Pirlo, and even that is almost an impossibility.
Zed.D
Leonardo to use science to create Milan masterpiece

MILAN, June 1 (Reuters) - Just like his Renaissance namesake, new AC Milan coach Leonardo plans to use the latest scientific advances to create a footballing masterpiece.

The Brazilian rookie, who has replaced new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti on a two-year contract, wants to play attractive soccer by analysing detailed fitness and performance data of every player.

While such techniques have been used for some time in England, Spain and Germany, Serie A has been slow to catch on and Leonardo plans a mini-revolution.

More like a manager than a coach in a tracksuit, the 39-year-old former Milan player will also keep most of his old duties as technical director.
ADVERTISEMENT

“I have the idea of having two assistants that will deal with technical data and scientific information,” the 1994 World Cup winner told a news conference at the San Siro on Monday.

“People will see me more with a suit and tie, that’s true.”

Ancelotti, who led Milan to glory in the 2003 and 2007 Champions League, has moved on after two unsuccessful seasons but Leonardo said his approach would not differ hugely with playing good football the first objective.

“I have the idea of doing training with the ball, to have a team that is quick with the ball,” he said. “The style of Milan, the philosophy goes on. 4-3-1-2, this is our identity, but it can change. I want to play in an attacking, entertaining way.”

Barcelona’s success this term in 38-year-old Pep Guardiola’s first season has raised expectations that novice Leonardo can do something similar after Milan limped in third in Serie A.

“Today it’s normal to talk about Barcelona seeing what has happened this year,” he said in perfect Italian, one of the five languages he speaks.

“My style won’t be based on someone else, it will be my own style,” he added after saying the 1982 Brazil team was the best of all-time and England’s Fabio Capello the best ever coach.

COACHING BADGES

Leonardo has two immediate priorities, keeping hold of Real Madrid target Kaka and getting the best out of Ronaldinho after an average first season at Milan.

“Kaka, like many other big players, will be courted by many great clubs. I don’t see that as strange,” he said. “Definitely it’s important that we keep him here with us. He is a big reference point for the team.

“I see in Ronaldinho a huge desire to rediscover his best form.”

Transfer plans will be decided shortly but Leonardo, who said he held the relevant coaching badges despite reports otherwise, jokingly gave a short list of targets.

“The players I have asked for are Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo,” he smiled.

Chief executive Adriano Galliani said it was hard to come to terms with Ancelotti’s departure after eight years but was confident long-term friend Leonardo could prosper like Capello did as a rookie at Milan in the early 1990s.

The Rossoneri would try to hang on to Kaka, he added, before again bemoaning Italian tax laws and the lack of stadium investment which he believes put English and Spanish clubs at a huge advantage.

“Ten years ago Messi and Ronaldo could have played in Italy but now no one even considers it,” Galliani said.

Yahoo! Sports
6Best
At least he's not all defend , he wants to attack , that is pretty good for us .
Zed.D
And he does have a coaching badge, according to this. wink.gif
Minami
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 1 2009, 04:39 PM) *
And he does have a coaching badge, according to this. wink.gif

perhabs he needs some other? I don't know if there is any diference, because i don't know anything about coaching license, between the coaching badges...perhabs he needs special badge form UEFA?? unsure.gif
Zed.D
Maybe, but whatever it is, it's not as a big deal...
Habitant
loved him as a player

as a scout

as a person... why not as a coach as well.
Ry4n
Buon Fortuna Leo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORZA LEO !!!!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 1 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Maybe, but whatever it is, it's not as a big deal...

No? And why not? Do you trust a policeman with a fake badge? A historian who studied law? A doctor who's a vet?
Zed.D
I wouldn't trust those but I trust Leonardo. for a guy in Leonardo's position who's been with the team for many years a coaching badge means nothing but a formality. if he became the coach it's because he learned a thing or two about it all these years not because he would learn how to coach in future coaching courses.

You are making a big thing out of it. you always defended every decision the board made but now I see it was as long as they were in favor of your favorites, as you're having big time problems with Leonardo being named the coach and all.
Tennie
All I'll say about Leonardo as coach is that I hope Berlusconi made the right choice. He would not have been my first pick, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and see what he does.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 05:07 PM) *
All I'll say about Leonardo as coach is that I hope Berlusconi made the right choice. He would not have been my first pick, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and see what he does.

Same here. Surprising pick with all the options available.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 2 2009, 07:24 PM) *
Same here. Surprising pick with all the options available.

+1
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 3 2009, 12:54 AM) *
No? And why not? Do you trust a policeman with a fake badge? A historian who studied law? A doctor who's a vet?

I would trust an inexperienced policeman, a historian and a doctor as long as they got their best 11 men doing the job. And I would take them any day ahead of their experienced coworkers who allow men that can no longer do the job right do it.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 2 2009, 08:07 PM) *
I would trust an inexperienced policeman, a historian and a doctor as long as they got their best 11 men doing the job. And I would take them any day ahead of their experienced coworkers who allow men that can no longer do the job right do it.

+1

...Yet to be seen if it [Leo Era] will actually play out as such ^

But yes I definitely agree with the analogy!
Bluesummers
Lets all put our faith in him and let him bring about change:

I The new technical Milan is Leonardo da Coverciano today in order to follow a course for coaches for the Second category. Leonardo followed the introductory lesson: The course will last six weeks to five days a week with mandatory attendance and will end with the exams.

He is going for his Uefa A license. Second highest under Uefa Pro. This is considered very high for those who don't think he has the credentials. Uefa pro license is given to the elite of coaching like ancelotti. Most have Uefa A with certain Fifa accepted restrictions and rules which allow them to coach in Serie A.

You need Uefa Pro to coach in the top leagues and it allows you to do as you wish without Fifa's guidance or restictions. It is part of the rules of Fifa. Uefa A is sort of like a drivers license with glasses restriction. You can only drive with your glasses or contacts on. So Leonardo can coach milan along with the guidance of a similar ranked or higher ranked coach.

Sorry I can't make this any more clear for those who are a bit confused, but don't worry he will be allowed to coach milan with his full ability with the guidance of other highly ranked coaches such as tassotti and galli, which ultimately make up for his lack of Uefa Pro licensce.
TriniKing_CE
Thanks Blue - for trying to explain this to us & attempting to clear the confusion. wink.gif
Bluesummers
Kaka finally ended weeks of speculation by signing with Real Madrid on Monday evening and Milan coach Leonardo has admitted that the Ballon d'Or winner's presence will be missed at the club.

"It is true we will all miss him, as a player and as a person, because he is an extraordinary lad. He is part of Milan's history and we will certainly miss him," the Brazilian admitted in an interview with Sky Sport 24.

"I wish him good luck, because I think he deserves it, this is a sure sign that things are moving forward."

Leonardo now has to mould the squad in his own image, after Carlo Ancelotti's eight-year tenure at the club ended when he moved to Chelsea earlier this summer.

Kaka was certainly an influential player for Milan helping them win the Coppa Italia, World Club Cup, Champions League, and Scudetto during his time at the club.

forza Leo! Bring us glory!
kurtsimonw
I'm bored, I wish Carlo were here, that's not many people left to have a go at. Just down to Berlusconi, Galliani and Kaladze I suppose.
TriniKing_CE
I wouldn't have minded if Carlo stayed, especially if the team's dead weight was ridden of, and the transfer he actually wanted were brought in. But that yesterday's news, Leo is here now and I look forward to having him as our coach, I wish him success and I hope the transfer season doesn't bring anymore sorrow to us as I believe we've been through enough [and it hasn't even officially started yet].

*** Oh how we long for a balanced competitive Milan ***
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.