Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dida
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
m1ke
All Dida talk here

acid911
I was so about to create one myself. sleep.gif

But then I decided to post a message about the lack of the Dida thread in the players section. Irrespective of the fact how people like him, he at least deserves a thread in the player's section. Glad to see you take notice, m1ke. smile.gif
MizNelson
There was the "Dida: Is He Good Enough?" thread, but I guess it's disappeared.
acid911
Yeah, I guess. huh.gif There was a lot of good content in that particular thread. Lots of discussion.
Bluesummers
lol what discussion? he is trash and needs to leave milan and stop costing us 4.5 a year.
kurtsimonw
Just think, in 2 years of that contract we could have signed Zambrotta!
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 1 2008, 04:29 PM) *
lol what discussion? he is trash and needs to leave milan and stop costing us 4.5 a year.

Whatever, man. dry.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 1 2008, 08:36 PM) *
Whatever, man. dry.gif

lol sorry miz but we run a club not a circus show. 4.5 is quite alot of money for someone who really doesnt do anything. Past history simply doesn't justify the money we're spending on him.
Habitant
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 2 2008, 02:39 AM) *
lol sorry miz but we run a club not a circus show. 4.5 is quite alot of money for someone who really doesnt do anything. Past history simply doesn't justify the money we're spending on him.

i wouldnt blame dida for the contract, hell i would love to be in shoes and take the abuse cuz at the end of the sday i'd be making millions cool.gif

it's fester who is to blame, and silvio too.

he got that extension beucase we won the CL,not because he arned it. it's not like he redeemed himself in the final and made up for all those blunders he was just solid which certainly wasnt enough.

liverpool for example, dudek was brutal that season they won the CL but at least he was good in the CL matches while dida was a crap for most of the season and especially in the CL. dudek and gerrard won the final for him but hey they dint let those sentiments ruin another season or two, they did the right thing and got another keeper. hell if dudek was good enough he would have won his place back vs. reina, just as dida has had those chances and it's not even like he's been up against world class keepers (kalac and abbiati).
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 2 2008, 05:08 AM) *
he got that extension beucase we won the CL,not because he arned it. it's not like he redeemed himself in the final and made up for all those blunders he was just solid which certainly wasnt enough.

Did signed the new contract on March 10th (before the SFs with Man U), so he couldn't have got the extension for winning the CL. Not entirely sure why he got it, especially seeing as he missed alot of games though injury. unsure.gif
GrinReaper
Well, Milan is a team with a big heart. Specially if the player is Brazilian. Milan likes to keep such players in the squad and then give them a pension package as well along with a teary farewell. Cafu, Serginho, Leonardo and then we also bought Emerson specially for this. I predict the same fate for Dida.

Well, I think that unless we get a new goalkeeper, we should let Dida be as an insurance policy since we've only got 3 keepers. And injuries and form dips can happen anytime *God forbid!*
MizNelson
QUOTE (GrinReaper @ Aug 2 2008, 12:41 AM) *
we also bought Emerson specially for this.

Egad. dry.gif

Well, I think that unless we get a new goalkeeper, we should let Dida be as an insurance policy since we've only got 3 keepers. And injuries and form dips can happen anytime *God forbid!*

Whatever the case, no way should he be third in the pecking order behind F'n Kalac.
vnata001
dida against celtic and inter was appalling. against celtic dida truly embarassed himself and anyone who thought highly of him. Before Celtic i was one of his most ardent supporters. But then came the derby last season and the cruz goal was a shocker sure, but to then let that soft weak cambiasso shot in? From that point on Kalac came in and provided better keeper play than dida ever did that season. Sure, dida may deserve a shot at playing time this year, but when he plays, unless he completely and utterly outperforms abiatti or kalac, he's potentially done as a Milan Keeper.
GrinReaper
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 2 2008, 03:42 PM) *
Whatever the case, no way should he be third in the pecking order behind F'n Kalac.

Dida was a great keeper, I agree. But is he still a good keeper? That remains to be seen. But for now, Abbiati is the best as I've seen of him in the pre-season. And Dida is the least fit of the three, so, I say, let's not emotions take control but looks at the current and very real situation we got.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 1 2008, 11:35 PM) *
Just think, in 2 years of that contract we could have signed Zambrotta!

Just think what we could have done instead of signing or keeping players like Brocchi, Favalli and so on and instead got player that were good enough for the team.

Fact is Galliani has been looking for the cheaper way out these last 4 years and it might not have been noticable when it was just Pancaro but now it's gotten to the extent where 1/3 of the team is filled with these players that were meant to be quick fixes and that is what's holding Milan back.

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 2 2008, 02:39 AM) *

Exactly

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 2 2008, 04:15 AM) *
Did signed the new contract on March 10th (before the SFs with Man U), so he couldn't have got the extension for winning the CL. Not entirely sure why he got it, especially seeing as he missed alot of games though injury. unsure.gif

because giving Dida a new contract meant that he didn't have to go out on the merket to buy another keeper. And it bcak fired big time, now Milan has to keep paying his astronomical wage while he sits on his @ss week in week out and when he does play he's usually a liability. And I would like to say that Galliani has learned his lesson after this whole debacle but it's clear that he hasn't. Next thing we'll see is an announcment on the official site saying they renewed with Brocchi until 2013 and marketing him as a new addition to the team rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (GrinReaper @ Aug 2 2008, 09:37 AM) *
Dida was a great keeper, I agree. But is he still a good keeper? That remains to be seen. But for now, Abbiati is the best as I've seen of him in the pre-season. And Dida is the least fit of the three, so, I say, let's not emotions take control but looks at the current and very real situation we got.

One of the best sentences I've seen on here in a while thumbup.gif

Everyone on here has their favourites, but at some point you have to ask yourself, "Is having this player on the field really good for the team or is he causing more problems?"

It's not logical to keep a player that has been making mistake after mistake for the last 3 years on the field and expecially when there is a better choice then him in the squad
Tennie
Would I want Kalac to play before Dida?

If it were pre-flare Dida, absolutely not. I've been watching some old games recently and the 2003 vintage Dida was a beast in goal. Absolutely amazing saves, etc etc etc.

Flash forward 5 years - the guy who played in goal against the merda in the first derby bore little resemblance to the guy who made amazing saves against the same team before the idiots started throwing flares.

I think that whoearthepatriots was right when he said that we lost Dida the moment he got hit with that flare. I also think that the article Gazzetta posted toward the end of last season was right - Dida's confidence is just gone. It's really very very sad.

Would I want the 2008-vintage Dida in goal over Kalac? I'm not really sure. The 2008-vintage has no mojo left, it would seem. Kalac is someone we all like to bash, but the fact of the matter is that he DID keep Milan in games last year and that the howler ratio was a lot lower than many of us expected. So, based on recent performances, I'm not sure which I'd prefer. If I had to pick, I'd probably flip a coin. (And again, based on recent performances, I'd probably start Abbiati over both of them, chanting with the Juve fans notwithstanding).
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 2 2008, 01:27 PM) *
Would I want Kalac to play before Dida?

If it were pre-flare Dida, absolutely not. I've been watching some old games recently and the 2003 vintage Dida was a beast in goal. Absolutely amazing saves, etc etc etc.

Flash forward 5 years - the guy who played in goal against the merda in the first derby bore little resemblance to the guy who made amazing saves against the same team before the idiots started throwing flares.

I think that whoearthepatriots was right when he said that we lost Dida the moment he got hit with that flare. I also think that the article Gazzetta posted toward the end of last season was right - Dida's confidence is just gone. It's really very very sad.

Would I want the 2008-vintage Dida in goal over Kalac? I'm not really sure. The 2008-vintage has no mojo left, it would seem. Kalac is someone we all like to bash, but the fact of the matter is that he DID keep Milan in games last year and that the howler ratio was a lot lower than many of us expected. So, based on recent performances, I'm not sure which I'd prefer. If I had to pick, I'd probably flip a coin. (And again, based on recent performances, I'd probably start Abbiati over both of them, chanting with the Juve fans notwithstanding).

Great post Tennie. Absolutely agree about Dida and the whole flair thing.

As for Kalac vs Abbiati vs Dida I think atm it's a no-brainer of who would be first choice.

And you mentioned the chanting with the Juve fans, but it's another case of asking yourself if you would rather hold a petty grudge or thinking of what's best for the team.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 2 2008, 06:27 AM) *
I also think that the article Gazzetta posted toward the end of last season was right - Dida's confidence is just gone.

Deep inside, that's probably true. Whenever he did get going and have a string of great games, you could count on something suddenly killing the momentum (shredding his knee after that awesome save against AEK, and then the derby). Every performance scrutinized in addition to worrying about getting hurt. It really bothered me to see people poke fun at his back freezing up at Parma, because it can happen to anyone at any time.

I will take to my grave the belief that had we played anyone other than Inter on the date of the first derby last season, he'd still be in the starting lineup.
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 3 2008, 11:35 AM) *
I will take to my grave the belief that had we played anyone other than Inter on the date of the first derby last season, he'd still be in the starting lineup.

+1 sleep.gif

He was gaining confidence then. The last few games prior to that were very good in the goal, with most being clean sheets and victories. And this was after the Celtic Park accident, which sort of served as a wake-up call. August 9 can't come soon enough!
GrinReaper
Carletto said that Dida will feature between the sticks in the Man city pre-season game. So, I'll wait and see if he does an Abbiati or will he do a Kalac and then give my opinion. Yeah, Im sow smrt! cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^

Haha..definitely...smartness is a birthright for blokes like us. I mean we invented the kamasutra, and as our population count shows, we know how to use it too. wink.gif tongue.gif

Well, it was only going to be a point of time before Abbiati became number 1 (It took Dida the beast to bench him, a lot of people like to forget that!), but why I said Kalac was simple. It's a matter of ethics. When things are done, they have to be done properly. Bench him after 2 matches in the league. If his form is bad, and our defence playing the way they are now, shouldn't be too troublesome a decision to make. After that put Abbiati. But let's not give any player the chance to say, I never got a fair shot.

Like say Oli or Yoann.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 4 2008, 11:30 AM) *
Like say Oli or Yoann.

sad.gif
MizNelson
"Ecco, se Ancelotti aveva ancora dei dubbi sul ballottaggio per una maglia da titolare nella prossima stagione, a questo punto - dopo la terrificante papera di ieri dell'australiano - appare chiaro che i candidati sono rimasti in due, il buon Abbiati ammirato in questo precampionato e l'oggetto misterioso Dida, annunciato in grande spolvero fisico, olre che con una nuova pettinatura..."

(Goal.com)

I thought the last part was cute. smile.gif
acid911

Um, translation, anyone?
MizNelson
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 4 2008, 06:42 PM) *

Um, translation, anyone?

The last part of the sentence commented that he was back with a new hairdo, which struck me as amusing because his follicular preferences often seem to get as much press coverage as his gameplay. smile.gif Hopefully 10e can fill us in on the rest.
acid911
Thanks, Miz.

I was a bit intrigued seeing that it mentioned Abbiati in that paragraph. Anyway, did you happen to see the latest Manchester City homepage that R7 posted? Here. They seem like they're ready for Milan. laugh.gif Either way I hope Dida puts in a confident performance. I'd still give Kalac a change for a few games, then Abbiati and finally the Brazilian. Even if he does well in Manchester.

It would be absolutely suicidal for Dida to start (not that he has too big a chance, anyway after Abbiati's, um, heroics), as everyone will be after his skin. Let nature take it's course.
Bluesummers
dida should still be given a shot. We haven't seen him in almost a year so lets see what hes done. Then we'll judge. In terms of skill he could be really high level but he just isn't the same anymore. if he ***** up then abbiati for teh season.

Naughty word removed.
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 5 2008, 01:53 PM) *
dida should still be given a shot.

Oh, that's so refreshing to hear from you! biggrin.gif

For me it's still Kalac > Abbiati > and then Dida. No matter how he fares against Manchester City. If Dida has it in him to come back to the top, he should take the front door. And technically Kalac played our last match last season, he should start for another couple of matches for the sake of continuity. So he can't say that he was not given a fair shot. wink.gif That's the way things should be, in my opinion.
GrinReaper
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 5 2008, 02:23 PM) *
dida should still be shot.

That's more like it laugh.gif
acid911
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Oh, dear. Miz is not gonna like this. Unh, unh.
MizNelson
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 5 2008, 09:58 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Oh, dear. Miz is not gonna like this. Unh, unh.

On the contrary. For some reason, I found it quite amusing.
MizNelson
Gah, I hate double posting here, even if they're a week apart.

Dida torna in porta con il nuovo look
Ha cambiato testa, nel senso che si è fatto crescere i capelli, e probabilmente è pronto a una seconda vita calcistica: il segno esteriore è poca cosa, ma con il vecchio look delle bande rasate sul cranio Nelson Dida sembra aver buttato via le difficoltà di una stagione amara. Oggi il portiere torna in campo a Manchester, città dove raggiunse l' apice nel 2003 nella finale di Champions League contro la Juve. Questa volta il Milan giocherà, più modestamente, in amichevole, e soprattutto contro il Manchester City. Teatro diverso, dunque, dal prato dell' Old Trafford; ma i sogni di Dida possono rinascere proprio qui. Forma Nello staff tecnico, tutti sono entusiasti dei progressi di Dida, che pare tornato quello di una volta e risale nella gerarchia tormentata della porta rossonera. I problemi alla schiena sembrano risolti e il portiere si sta allenando proprio bene, ha detto Carlo Ancelotti. «Giocherà dopo un lungo periodo di inattività. Si è allenato nel migliore dei modi e speriamo che questa partita possa essere una conferma di quello che sta facendo». Riscatto Su questo trofeo Thomas Cook, il tecnico ha fatto alcune semplici considerazioni: «Stiamo cercando di eliminare le lacune che sono emerse a Mosca. In attacco giocherà Paloschi e probabilmente subentrerà Viudez. La sconfitta contro il Chelsea ci deve dare stimoli, non voglio altre brutte figure». al.bo.

(Gazzetta.it, 8/9)
MizNelson
Don't know where else to put this, so I'll stick it in here. This was from a Calciomercato interview with Paolo Montero on 2/3.

QUOTE (calciomercato.com)
-E il rigore di Manchester? A quel rigore calciato così malamente contro Dida ci pensi mai?

"Certo che ci penso. In gare ufficiali non ne avevo mai tirati prima in vita mia. Ma a fine gara Mister Lippi viene da me e mi dice ”Paolo te la senti?” Cosa avrei potuto rispondergli? Avrei fatto di tutto pur di vincere quella sera. Di tutto…"

He's saying that he still rues that missed penalty in the '03 CL final to this day.
MizNelson
Am I gonna be the only one who posts in here??? huh.gif

From the Italian version of Goal.com, 4/15:

QUOTE (Goal.com)
MilanLab ha fatto 'O MIRACOLO: visto Dida? Non servono più portieri!

Il brasiliano ha recuperato grazie all'aiuto dello staff medico rossonero.

Zitto zitto Nelson Dida è tornato protagonista del Milan. Ok, il ritorno da titolare è coinciso con l'infortunio dell'ottimo Abbiati, ma il brasiliano ha dimostrato di essere tornato affidabile, caratteristica fondamentale per un portiere. Tre partite consecutive e zero goal subiti, come non accadeva da un bel po'.

L'ideale per lasciarsi alle spalle la scorsa annata, devastante sotto il profilo fisico e piscologico: tra la sceneggiata di Glasgow e il colpo della strega patito in panchina a Parma, passando per errori di vario genere, Dida si era giocato il posto da titolare la fiducia di tutto l'ambiente. L'addio in estate è stato sfiorato, ed è lì che il buon Nelson ha iniziato a rigare dritto. Grazie anche all'aiuto di MilanLab.

Il portiere ha elaborato un programma specifico di allenamento assieme allo staff medico dei rossoneri, tabella di marcia che l'ha completamente rilanciato sotto il profilo fisico: zero infortuni rimediati e il sorriso ritrovato. Un'ottima notizia per il Milan, che in attesa del recupero di Abbiati non dovrà tornare sul mercato in cerca di un portiere...

The article is praising Milan Lab for nursing Dida back to health during the offseason. That's not entirely true, though, as Dida said in an interview last July that he'd undergone his successful injury rehabilitation in Brazil. (But we won't tell anyone, will we?)
dst
Check out this new video comp. of Dida's recent performances. Not great but it will surely get Mizz excited.
MizNelson
+1 bowl of S.F.'s finest cioppino (Fishdoll won't like this) to dst for the lovely video. wub.gif

It starts out stupidly but gets better near the end, and it contains MilanChannel's trademark horrific music selection.

He looks as adorable as ever with a full head of hair (not the mop he had during the UEFA Cup). smile.gif

Jack Sparrow
Am I gonna be the only one who posts in here??? huh.gif

It's just that you post in Italian without much of a translation, and then you and Tennie proceed to act like such snobs to the rest of the proletariat here on MF. tongue.gif

I can't speak Italian, except in my dreams. And that too is rare, coz Monica Bellucci speak excellent, sexy English.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 21 2009, 09:45 PM) *
It's just that you post in Italian without much of a translation, and then you and Tennie proceed to act like such snobs to the rest of the proletariat here on MF. tongue.gif

Heh. Who better than a pirate to whom I should act snobbish? biggrin.gif No, it's because I'm the only one who actually likes him. smile.gif He's not one of those players that there's really any urgency to post anything about, unlike Maldini or Kaka.

Even I don't post that much in here, though that's mainly to avoid groupie-like flooding of the thread. Case in point, there was a member at R&B (since banned) who posted something about Drogba EVERY DAY over there.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 22 2009, 11:52 AM) *
Heh. Who better than a pirate to whom I should act snobbish? biggrin.gif No, it's because I'm the only one who actually likes him. smile.gif He's not one of those players that there's really any urgency to post anything about, unlike Maldini or Kaka.

Even I don't post that much in here, though that's mainly to avoid groupie-like flooding of the thread. Case in point, there was a member at R&B (since banned) who posted something about Drogba EVERY DAY over there.

But unless you post the translation, there's not a lot we can discuss about. biggrin.gif Also when I drop in for a quick glance, I need to bother translating the whole thing before I can post a comment, which is too much pain.

Banned at R&B? R&B seems very homophobic. Not a lot of MF members would make it to R&B I guess. Especially not the thrice damned fishdoll.
MizNelson
It was a she, Jack. She was ultimately axed for being a disrespectful clod, not for being a Drog fan.
Jack Sparrow
Poor woman. sleep.gif Love's not a crime. If y'all had respected her feeling, she would have respected you.

MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 22 2009, 12:42 AM) *
Poor woman. sleep.gif Love's not a crime. If y'all had respected her feeling, she would have respected you.

It's more complex than that, but I don't want to stray too far off topic, so let's drop it and get back to the sexy subject of this thread while watching you and Fishdoll fight for my affections. biggrin.gif
Tennie
Fishdoll is going to be dignified and will pretend he didn't see the cioppino comment!
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 22 2009, 02:47 AM) *
Fishdoll is going to be dignified and will pretend he didn't see the cioppino comment!

Um...well...it's a special type of cioppino that uses imitation seafood.

(Sorry, dst, I'm easily intimidated by angry fishdolls.)
m1ke
Milannews.it are suggesting that Dida won't even make our CL squad list this season. Has he played his final game in a Milan shirt?
han2503
QUOTE (m1ke @ Aug 27 2009, 10:56 AM) *
Milannews.it are suggesting that Dida won't even make our CL squad list this season. Has he played his final game in a Milan shirt?

Is something wrong with him or he's just being frozen out?
MizNelson
Edit: Never mind.
Zed.D
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 27 2009, 07:17 PM) *
I just lost a whole lot of respect for Leonardo this morning.

Why?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (m1ke @ Aug 27 2009, 03:56 AM) *

is leonardo being retarted? I don't understand the purpose behind not including him in the squad. Don't tell me Roma got the nod over him? laugh.gif

If so leo really has no heart, he's not afraid of waving the chopping axe thats forsure.
dst
This is weird.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.