Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 28/10/06 - Serie A - AC Milan vs Inter
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
X-Offender
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 29 2006, 12:11 AM)

han, You don't even know how sad I am watching this player kickin' our a__.

You think Ibra had a good match? Tell me, what did he do except the goal? He was just losing balls with inutile tricks, and he's TOO slow. You can think however you want, but I'm still glad we didn't sign him.
Portman
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 29 2006, 12:13 AM)
You think Ibra had a good match? Tell me, what did he do except the goal? He was just losing balls with inutile tricks, and he's TOO slow. You can think however you want, but I'm still glad we didn't sign him.

The inutile trick was the 3rd. The 3rd goal on our net. rolleyes.gif

Oh, and I'm not talking only about this match or about his performance. Just to see him playing vs. Milan make me sad. Specially after missing her transfer last August.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 29 2006, 12:15 AM)
The inutile trick was the 3rd. The 3rd goal on our net.  rolleyes.gif

Oh, and I'm not talking only about this match or about his performance. Just to see him playing vs. Milan make me sad. Specially after missing her transfer last August.

Even a dumb@ss like Iaquinta could have scored such a goal. Nesta was clearly late on the tackle, he had all the time and space to score, simply put.
Portman
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 29 2006, 12:17 AM)
Even a dumb@ss like Iaquinta could have scored such a goal. Nesta was clearly late on the tackle, he had all the time and space to score, simply put.

Don't talk like that about Iaquinta... maybe you have that dumbarsse around San Siro in January. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 28 2006, 11:11 PM)

han, You don't even know how sad I am watching this player kickin' our a__.

Even though the run that lead up to the goal and the volley where amazing, you've got to admit that it was a lucky deflection that made the ball sit pretty for his volley. The ball deflected off of Nesta, but only enough for it to sit pretty for him to rifle it in.

I think his goal was the third best of the night. So here are my rating for tonights goals wink.gif

1. Stankovic. What a goal that was ohmy.gif , it was hit with power and it made a wicked curl into the top corner.

2. Gila. What a great way to get off the mark, absolutely brilliant header by him. That's the 'Parma Gila' that we expected when we bought him.

3. Ibra. Great skill leading up to the goal, and a perfect volley. (but still don't want him anywhere near the Milan shirt)

4. Kaka. Expertly taken volley by him

5. Seedorf. Even though it took a WICKED deflection it was preety spectacular how it dipped exactly into the goal.

6. Crespo/Matrix. Nothing special about both goals, textbook headers, which could have been prevented if our defenders wheren't sleeping on the job
X-Offender
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 29 2006, 12:18 AM)
Don't talk like that about Iaquinta... maybe you have that dumbarsse around San Siro in January.  rolleyes.gif

Well, I'm pretty sure you think he's a dumb@ss too, so cheer up.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 28 2006, 11:17 PM)

Ok that one was too far. tongue.gif

No Zlatan did not have a good match, and yes he did keep losing balls.

But you have to admit that his run and the volley where great from him, yes the ball took a lucky deflection off of Nesta's late tackle but his rifled finish was spectacular.

But again, I still don't want him playing for Milan
Portman
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 29 2006, 12:21 AM)
Well, I'm pretty sure you think he's a dumb@ss too, so cheer up.

wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
So let me add some of my comments on this...

First of all Portugal, stop playing a prophet tongue.gif , we all knew that after such complicated situations (Calciopoli, the WC factor, the summer - tansfer dissapointments) Milan won`t be at their best. But it`s enough,...

And some other people say a good match huh.gif ?? Really?? I dont care a sh@t if we played 20-30 minutes, 1/4, or something like that well...its rediculous. We lost, we were losing 3:0, had a disastrous defense, than Seedorf scored a fluke, and once more our defence was brilliant and managed to gift Inter another goal. The two goals we scored afterwards were just the result of Matterazi`s red card and Crespo`s injury. Ok, maybe I overreacted a bit...you know what we showed?
Seedorf is not the problem. I knew that. He plays well in big matches, he is a big player. Forget that problem. We need new players, fresh and young, and lots of them...really lots - defenders x3 (RB, LB, CB), midfielders x3 (RM, LM, CM), strikers x2 (a striker not only for the box..) rolleyes.gif .

Another point I wanna mention before someone illuminated stars that topic again...Kaka will leave Milan if we end up with no CL puke.gif!? Please..I did not react on some threads after the Palermo game mentioning that topic, but now I want to make a preventive point - first, I belive we can and will reach CL once more; second, I dont understand how someone thinks like that, I mean, Milan doesn`t play for Kaka, its the other way. That logic would mean, Kaka stays till we miss CL qualification, and that can eventuall happen to any team and at any time.

Please, if I insulted someone with my comments, take my sincer excuse and try to understand that I am still under the impression of that loss.. cry.gif
agenth
ibra goal was a joke.
even a 40 year old could have done it.
nesta was, as usual (lately), faulty and ibra easily rounded him
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Oct 28 2006, 09:29 PM)
The merda have a banner saying "the only disgrace is that you're(Milan) still in Serie A"

the only disgrace is them still thinking they're clean !! puke.gif

QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 28 2006, 10:37 PM)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Too bad isn't it, Galliani? cool.gif

Zlatan was far away from what caused this defeat. But yes, he's better than Borriello ...

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 28 2006, 10:48 PM)
The ref is going to win this one for inter!!!

I thought it was us playing bad !! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 28 2006, 11:01 PM)
Maldini and Cafu = too old for any football team, Kaladze = not Milan quality, etc etc etc

Maldini ??? He was the motivation tool for the whole team IMO !! One of the best for Milan in this match !!

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Oct 28 2006, 11:15 PM)
But thats why we have a manager, so he can motivate the players.

Yes but he needs good subs too so that they won't feel safe !!

QUOTE (Warchant @ Oct 28 2006, 11:38 PM)
that, in no way, means that the season is over

no ... the fact that we're 14 points behind them is the reason !!

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Oct 28 2006, 11:42 PM)
Pippo? Did you see Oliveira  huh.gif

I think Oliveira was very good ... just look at the space he created !!
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 28 2006, 11:25 PM)

First of all Portugal, stop playing a prophet  tongue.gif , we all knew that after such complicated situations (Calciopoli, the WC factor, the summer - tansfer dissapointments) Milan won`t be at their best. But it`s enough,...

And some other people say a good match huh.gif ?? Really?? I dont care a sh@t if we played 20-30 minutes, 1/4, or something like that well...its rediculous. We lost, we were losing 3:0, had a disastrous defense, than Seedorf scored a fluke, and once more our defence was brilliant and managed to gift Inter another goal. The two goals we scored afterwards were just the result of Matterazi`s red card and Crespo`s injury. Ok, maybe I overreacted a bit...you know what we showed?
Seedorf is not the problem. I knew that. He plays well in big matches, he is a big player. Forget that problem. We need new players, fresh and young, and lots of them...really lots - defenders x3 (RB, LB, CB), midfielders x3 (RM, LM, CM), strikers x2 (a striker not only for the box..) rolleyes.gif .

Another point I wanna mention before someone illuminated stars that topic again...Kaka will leave Milan if we end up with no CL puke.gif!? Please..I did not react on some threads after the Palermo game mentioning that topic, but now I want to make a preventive point - first, I belive we can and will reach CL once more; second, I dont understand how someone thinks like that, I mean, Milan doesn`t play for Kaka, its the other way. That logic would mean, Kaka stays till we miss CL qualification, and that can eventuall happen to any team and at any time.

Please, if I insulted someone with my comments, take my sincer excuse and try to understand that I am still under the impression of that loss.. cry.gif

Agreed on almost everything. Especially the Kaka thing. Just because we don't win the CL this year or even the next year that doesn't mean he will leave. So can we all please stop with the, "if we don't win this and that Kaka will leave" rolleyes.gif

But I don't think we played such a bad game, the defence was caught out on high balls, remember last season? same thing. Stankovic's goal could not be prevented, although maybe he could have been closed down faster, and Ibra's was Nesta's mistake. But we came out all guns blazing in the second half and it's too bad that we where caught out on the counter on Ibra's goal, because that really took all the air out of our lungs. Yes the first half was a catastrophy. Carlo used the xmas treee to close them down and have more balance, he ain't no stupido, Inter have been scoring goals from everywhere lately, I think he wanted to take control of the midfield, too bad it worked out against him in the end, because our players where not working well in that formation.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 29 2006, 12:25 AM)

Kakà isn't going anywhere, don't worry. wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 28 2006, 11:32 PM)
I thought it was us playing bad !!  rolleyes.gif

I think I said that during the time when we had a clear penalty ruled out and the ref instead carded Seedorf and Pippo for protesting
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 28 2006, 11:34 PM)
Kakà isn't going anywhere, don't worry. wink.gif

YES tell them that in huge black letters because some can't seem to get that into their head.
agenth
who said that Kaka is going somewhere?
i don'T think he will pull a Sheva-stunt.
Don't take me worng, I still like sheva, but I'm disappointed
dst
I am utterly dissapointed to say the least !!! sad.gif

I feel sick and depressed !!

But I still have some things I wanna right about ...

-About Carlo:
It's obvious now that the Xtree is not doing it for us ... at least not anymore. But I can't blame him for that, I wanted it too. But I would have played it with some logic:

------------ Ambrosini !!!!?? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif What the f@ck !! ... some of you might remember that I've said numerous times before he's a joke ... but fielding him after an injury ... well Carlo that was stupid !! And yes I am a Milan fan saying that !! That was clearly lacking balls; if you wanted the Xtree so bad you should have played Janku in front of Kaladze and not Ambull !!

------------ Maldini out ?? Why the f@ck why ?? The guy is still a great CB (so great that Kaladze shouldn't even dare look at) and he's left out ... for whom ?? Kaladze ?? ... You leave a million tons of experience out for a mediocre sub of a defender !!?? That was stupid too !!

------------ And Pippo ?? Even Borriello is playing better at the moment ...

Even though I do not think it's his fault only I believe he should leave the team come the end of this season cause his Era with Milan is over (deja vu, I've said that before maybe cause his time's here is over for quite some time now !! rolleyes.gif )

-About Milan (the squad) :

------------ The first Half : "non merita alcun commento da parte dell' DST" as an official anouncement would read !!

------------ The Second Half : I'm happy for this unique heart is always there though it's hurt and could use some help !! cry.gif

------------ The End Of The Day : We (probably) lost the championship today but I hope they get to understand that playing for Milan is not something everyone can have. They're gifted and that's why they were chosen ... but I want it proved every f@cking single week on the field just like they did on the second half !!

Thank you Silvio ...

PS There's only one worthy possibilty why they're not spending any money; they plan to spend half a million pounds on Billy's and Paolo's retirement fiestas ... Only then all this frustration would be worth it. Ronaldinho can suck my d1ck ... as a man he's not Milan quality ... and that matters for me: I don;t like money grabbers !!
han2503
Milan 3 - 4 Inter
Crespo 17 (I), Stankovic 22 (I), Ibrahimovic 47 (I), Seedorf 50 (M), Materazzi 69 (I), Gilardino 76 (M), Kaka 91 (M)
Stadio Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly the best Milan derby of all time saw Inter run out 4-3 winners despite Marco Materazzi's red card and a late siege!

The Rossoneri were livid after their CONI Arbitration appeal was rejected, so the eight-point Calciopoli penalty will stand. Fresh from a shock 2-0 home defeat to Palermo, they absolutely needed to win or say goodbye to any hope of winning the Scudetto. With Alberto Gilardino yet to score, he was benched in favour of a Christmas Tree formation. Inter were top of the table, but missing Adriano, Alvaro Recoba and Esteban Cambiasso.

Milan got off to a great start, as after 39 seconds Andrea Pirlo's free kick found Kakha Kaladze only for the defender to fire over from six yards. Patrick Vieira was booked for intentional handball on three minutes and soon after the ex-Arsenal man's shot was charged down by Massimo Ambrosini, but he was protecting his face and it was considered involuntary.

Kaladze's defensive intervention acrobatically prevented Hernan Crespo getting clear on Dida. Fabio Grosso was disposessed on the edge of the area and Clarence Seedorf turned Marcos Cafu's low cross wide.

It was Inter who took the lead after 17 minutes, as ex-Rossoneri man Crespo rose to get a precise glancing header on Dejan Stankovic's free kick to turn it into the far corner past Dida's outstretched hand. He has played on both sides of the divide, but this was his first goal in the Derby della Madonnina.

There was controversy moments later when Inzaghi and Marco Materazzi clashed, but the referee awarded a free kick against the Milan striker for starting the mutual shirt-tugging.

Marek Jankulovski had to save Dida when he missed Javier Zanetti's low cross after skipping through the defence. Inter's confidence was up and they made it 2-0 with a spectacular strike from Stankovic. He gathered from Maicon just outside the area and swung a left-foot finish into the top corner with Dida unable to get near it.

It was a fast and furious derby with Julio Cesar getting a fingertip to Kaka's deflected missile from distance and Cafu's fierce strike was charged down. Stankovic intercepted a misplaced Gattuso pass and his long-range attempt was smothered by Dida.

Kaka's shot on the bounce was controlled by fellow Brazilian Julio Cesar, but Inter were in control and Dida had his palms stung by a touched on Zlatan Ibrahimovic free kick.

Carlo Ancelotti needed to make changes and threw on Alberto Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira and Paolo Maldini at the break for Inzaghi, Massimo Ambrosini and Jankulovski.

However, within 90 seconds of the restart Inter had made it 3-0. Again Stankovic was involved by winning back the ball and sparking the counter-attack, but Ibrahimovic took advantage of a lucky ricochet from Nesta's challenge and drilled a right-foot effort in at the near post. Dida could perhaps have done better, though.

Milan got back into the game moments later with a bit of luck, as ex-Inter flop Seedorf's shot from the edge of the area took a massive deflection off two players and looped over Julio Cesar into the empty net.

Maldini's right-foot strike as plucked out of the air by the goalkeeperand soon after Julio Cesar performed a desperate save on Pirlo's powerful free kick from 20 metres that may have had a touch off Ricardo Oliveira.

The Rossoneri thought it was 3-2 when Julio Cesar couldn't stop Gilardino's header, but it was correctly disallowed for an offside position.

Marco Materazzi cleared a taut Kaka cross and Julio Cesar grabbed Oliveira's glancing header. Inter were now pressed into their own half, so Nicolas Burdisso and Luis Figo replaced Grosso and Olivier Dacourt.

They weathered the storm and extended their lead from another set-piece. Materazzi was left totally unmarked for a free header at the back post on Figo's free kick. However, it was a bittersweet moment for Matrix, as he'd already been booked and was red-carded for lifting up his shirt, leaving the Nerazzurri in 10 men.

Julio Cesar nearly handed Milan a second goal, as Oliveira's hopeful piledriver squirmed out of his grasp and fell behind him, but he was able to scoop the ball off the line before it became too embarrassing.

Gilardino finally broke his goal drought that has lasted since April at club level with a looping header from Cafu's cross that slotted into the top corner.

Another Cafu centre was deflected out for a corner by Ivan Cordoba's sliding tackle, then the ex-Roma man's shot was charged down and Kaka couldn't get enough power on his header.

Julio Cesar performed two miraculous saves on Cafu and Seedorf's follow-up in quick succession, the second with one strong hand as he was falling the other way.

Walter Samuel replaced an exhausted Ibrahimovic and immediately charged down Oliveira's strike, but there was a fantastic chance to re-open the game when Maldini floated in from a corner kick for Seedorf to turn his free header wide.

Julio Cesar beat away a missile of a Seedorf free kick from 20 metres as the siege continued and the clock ticked down at the packed-out Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

Cordoba charged down Kaka's solo effort, but Milan made it 4-3 in stoppages when Julio Cesar flapped at a cross and Kaka chipped into an empty net.

The tension in San Siro was palpable and the final five minutes of injury time were a siege on the Nerazzurri net. Kaka's piledriver was deflected over the bar by a defensive header and Oliveira nodded across the face of goal agonisingly close to the far post.

Dida also went up for the final corner kick and Pirlo's set-piece, but the final whistle was blown before another corner could be taken. Inter win the Derby della Madonnina 4-3!

Link
agenth
noooo i want to say that the derby
6-0 for milan was the best one LOL
*yeah i'm a bit childish*
m1ke
QUOTE (mchanna @ Oct 29 2006, 12:06 AM)
noooo i want to say that the derby
6-0 for milan was the best one LOL
*yeah i'm a bit childish*

Not childish; correct cool.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 29 2006, 09:32 AM)
Maldini ??? He was the motivation tool for the whole team IMO !! One of the best for Milan in this match !!

i think he is still our best defender out of all of them. the effect he has on the whole team is just priceless. king.gif cry.gif

Forza CAPITANO!!!
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 29 2006, 12:56 AM)
  Ronaldinho can suck my d1ck ... as a man he's not Milan quality ... and that matters for me: I don;t like money grabbers !!

As a man? If you look that way Torres and many others are out too.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (m1ke @ Oct 29 2006, 01:09 AM)
Not childish; correct cool.gif

Man...those Cesare times...mmm, and Serginho`s brilliance, Comandini&Giunti,..aahh,.. biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 29 2006, 12:56 AM)
I am utterly dissapointed to say the least !!!  sad.gif

I feel sick and depressed !!

But I still have some things I wanna right about ...
-About Carlo:
It's obvious now that the Xtree is not doing it for us ... at least not anymore. But I can't blame him for that, I wanted it too. But I would have played it with some logic:

------------ Ambrosini !!!!??  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif What the f@ck !! ... some of you might remember that I've said numerous times before he's a joke ... but fielding him after an injury ... well Carlo that was stupid !! And yes I am a Milan fan saying that !! That was clearly lacking balls; if you wanted the Xtree so bad you should have played Janku in front of Kaladze and not Ambull !!

------------ Maldini out ?? Why the f@ck why ?? The guy is still a great CB (so great that Kaladze shouldn't even dare look at) and he's left out ... for whom ?? Kaladze ?? ... You leave a million tons of experience out for a mediocre sub of a defender !!?? That was stupid too !!

------------ And Pippo ?? Even Borriello is playing better at the moment ...

Even though I do not think it's his fault only I believe he should leave the team come the end of this season cause his Era with Milan is over (deja vu, I've said that before maybe cause his time's here is over for quite some time now !!  rolleyes.gif )
-About Milan (the squad) :

------------ The first Half : "non merita alcun commento da parte dell' DST" as an official anouncement would read !!

------------ The Second Half : I'm happy for this unique heart is always there though it's hurt and could use some help !! cry.gif

------------ The End Of The Day : We (probably) lost the championship today but I hope they get to understand that playing for Milan is not something everyone can have. They're gifted and that's why they were chosen ... but I want it proved every f@cking single week on the field just like they did on the second half !!
Thank you Silvio ...
PS There's only one worthy possibilty why they're not spending any money; they plan to spend half a million pounds on Billy's and Paolo's retirement fiestas ... Only then all this frustration would be worth it.  Ronaldinho can suck my d1ck ... as a man he's not Milan quality ... and that matters for me: I don;t like money grabbers !!

Agree, agree, agree...only two subjects I would add something:

1) Carlo - I made a poll months ago to see if you guys want him as coach for 06/07,..soon I`ll check it out again, but, maybe, just maybe he deserves to start with the new Milan generation next year..cause, in his whole era he never really was the problem. He made mistakes, many, but whith coach doesn`t?? Well, if he goes, I would be welcoming only two options - Lippi or Rijkaard. The eventuall third - Maldini. But please no Donadoni, Del Neri, etc ideas.

2) Ronaldinho. We still could need him. It`s a bit naive ( biggrin.gif ) from you to say as a man he's not Milan quality, cause that is not what really counts. As Portugal said, with that kind off policy you could simply exclude 75% of the top players wink.gif .
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 29 2006, 03:16 AM)
As a man? If you look that way Torres and many others are out too.

I never liked Torres anyway ... cool.gif
It's just that I feel nobody's worth 70m (or so...) and 13m per season ... I don't think he would offer more than Ricky for examplem he's definitely not worth all that much. We should build the new era for Milan with true champions !!
People who wear bandeaus on their heads while their national anthem is played to grab a couple of millions more just don't do it for me !
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 29 2006, 03:29 AM)
2) Ronaldinho. We still could need him. It`s a bit naive ( biggrin.gif ) from you to say as a man he's not Milan quality, cause that is not what really counts. As Portugal said, with that kind off policy you could simply exclude 75% of the top players wink.gif .

He just goes too far ... see the post above !! ^^

Ofcourse most (if not all) go where the big money lie ... He's not worth it IMO: with 70m we could get Zambrotta, Gallas and a great young striker !! I'd rather have the trio.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 29 2006, 01:31 AM)
I never liked Torres anyway ...  cool.gif 
It's just that I feel nobody's worth 70m (or so...) and 13m per season ... I don't think he would offer more than Ricky for examplem he's definitely not worth all that much. We should build the new era for Milan with true champions !!
People who wear bandeaus on their heads while their national anthem is played to grab a couple of millions more just don't do it for me !

Are you saying that the best player in the world (for what? 90% of the people) is not a 'Champion'? Just remember how he killed Milan in the San Siro on the CL last year. He was the true captain of Barcelona on that day.

Just an example. But obviously no player is worth 70M. Not even Pele', or Eusebio or Maradona. That's just too many millions.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 29 2006, 01:34 AM)
He's not worth it IMO: with 70m we could get Zambrotta, Gallas and a great young striker !! I'd rather have the trio.

Yep, I would sign such a deal momentarily and forget the "tooth fairy" story. Btw, Zambrotta isn`t fitting in at Barca. If Juve stays in SB (after that disgracefull points added back to them I fear they will be back in SA next year), Zambro could be easily ours... rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 29 2006, 03:35 AM)
Are you saying that the best player in the world (for what? 90% of the people) is not a 'Champion'? Just remember how he killed Milan in the San Siro on the CL last year. He was the true captain of Barcelona on that day.

Just an example. But obviously no player is worth 70M. Not even Pele', or Eusebio or Maradona. That's just too many millions.

No. That would be blind and unfair !! He is a great player, he's proven it on the pitch and been by rights awarded as the best in the world. What I'm saying is that he seems to be resting on his laurels .. and he's too much of a money grabber.

But the main reason I don't want him here is because of what we could get with that 70m !!
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 29 2006, 03:41 AM)
If Juve stays in SB Zambro could be easily ours... rolleyes.gif

Either way I don't think he'd opt for Giuve ...
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 29 2006, 01:41 AM)
No. That would be blind and unfair !! He is a great player, he's proven it on the pitch and been by rights awarded as the best in the world. What I'm saying is that he seems to be resting on his laurels .. and he's too much of a money grabber.

But the main reason I don't want him here is because of what we could get with that 70m !!

I think he needs a new challenge, a new adventure in his carreer.

Btw, tonight he destroyed Recreativo Huelva defence with 2 goals (ok ok... 1 penalty tongue.gif ).
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 28 2006, 09:56 PM)
Oh and you think Torres will solve all our problems??? Believe me our problems lie much deeper then just getting ONE unproven striker. We need fullbacks, a couple of more midfielders another forward and even a box-striker, Pippo's form has just slipped dramatically.

Mate, I never said that at all!!!!

Read what I was replying to about Galliani or someone saying Oliveira was a replacement for Sheva.

The words 'that will solve all our problems' never came out of my mouth wink.gif
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 28 2006, 11:32 PM)
I think Oliveira was very good ... just look at the space he created !!

Sorry to sound blunt but we need goals from him, not space!

But yeah I still know what you're saying!
misha
@Portugal

After the close of the transfer window that was our team and there was nothing we can do about it. Now we had 2 choises or starting to predict the worst and bashing the team every week or to suport the team and believe that even with this squad and all the problems around we can do something cuz in football everything can happen and much worst teams than the current Milan won trophies. I mean: to say from september 1 that we ain't gonna win anything it's stupid IMO cuz things could have gone better for us like better form of strikers , more luck ........
You wrote numerous times (including many in this thread) that we need to open our eyes or saying that we are happy after a draw or something but read the discussions we were having during the summer where we all were complainig about transfer market (reinforsment of defense that should have started at least a year ago, another midfielder, new full backs and proper replacement for Sheva) and other things like -8 points, early comeback of players that played in the WC in order to qualify to the CL...). So we all knew that it's gonna be tough season but most of the people here at least gave them a chance. Milan has many excuses this year in particular and we can bash the team before and after every game but even with all these problems some believed that we can do good things with this squad also and even if it's won't happen at least thay supported they team from the start and not buried her before it all begun.

*if not Championship the place for the CL is 6 points away and with so many points still availible I can't see why some saying that we won't be there.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 28 2006, 05:18 PM)
Don't talk like that about Iaquinta... maybe you have that dumbarsse around San Siro in January.  rolleyes.gif

You're funny man... biggrin.gif
KillerMax
One thing no one mentioned... Well, dst kinda did... It was a very important one too... Massimo Ambrosini... Massimo used to be great... But I have no idea what the f@ck he is now... Is he a defensive midfielder? An attacking one? Just a player there to wear the captain armband????? I mean did you even know Stankovic's goal was 90% his fault?? He was standing right behind him before Stan even got the ball... I mean whatever the f@ck happened to man marking... Viera was free too actually... Ambro and Pirlo were sleeping back there... And other than that?? What the hell is Ambro's job anyways? What is it that he can do properly? rolleyes.gif He didn't do anything today... well he did keep on losing balls... and fouling...

Pirlo didn't do $hit either....
KillerMax
Now only if our squad looked like this: (I can't even imagine the possiblities...)

Dida
Oddo Nesta Maldini Janku
Pirlo
Gattuso Gourcuff
Kaka
Torres Gila

Subs:
Kalac
Kaladze, Cafu, Bonera, Barzagli, Simic
Serginho, Mascherano, Seedorf, Brocchi
Inzaghi, Oliveira

NOW I would blame Carlo if he played with only Inzaghi upfront.... rolleyes.gif
jbryant1
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 28 2006, 07:21 PM)
Now only if our squad looked like this: (I can't even imagine the possiblities...)

Dida
Oddo Nesta Maldini Janku
Pirlo
Gattuso Gourcuff
Kaka
Torres Gila

Subs:
Kalac
Inzaghi, Oliveira

CA is the one who puts these formations and tactical line-ups together. Of course he's to blame for some of it.

I think he keeps instilling the faith that they will come around.

As people have said before and probably yourself, you need a Scheva style forward when your only playing with 1 forward. Especially when your additional midfielder is Ambrosini.
jbryant1
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 28 2006, 07:12 PM)
One thing no one mentioned... Well, dst kinda did... It was a very important one too... Massimo Ambrosini... Massimo used to be great... But I have no idea what the f@ck he is now... Is he a defensive midfielder? An attacking one? Just a player there to wear the captain armband????? I mean did you even know Stankovic's goal was 90% his fault?? He was standing right behind him before Stan even got the ball... I mean whatever the f@ck happened to man marking... Viera was free too actually... Ambro and Pirlo were sleeping back there... And other than that?? What the hell is Ambro's job anyways? What is it that he can do properly? rolleyes.gif He didn't do anything today... well he did keep on losing balls... and fouling...

Pirlo didn't do $hit either....

About Ambrosini--Ive been saying this all season and even last season. Maybe he was strong 3 seasons ago, but what does he add?

Milan have a tendency of sitting on players. At Chelsea, Barcelona, Madrid or any big club its like if you don't make it happen on the pitch then you won't play or be on the roster.

Overall I think this formation that won the CL is really on the spiral down. I think this is the reason for CA's blame. Are you trying to revive the past? The formation was built around the offensive abilities of Scheva, without that it really falls apart.

With the derby, Inter outplayed us until they were down to 10 men.
jbryant1
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 28 2006, 04:31 PM)
I never liked Torres anyway ...  cool.gif 

Yeah there is a tendency to want a quick fix solution. Like all our problems will be over if we just get____. Some of these players were great on specific teams. Like David Beckham, he was just awesome on Manchester United back in the day and was never the same since. He's a poster boy.

Its not guarenteed whether Ronaldinho or Torres will come in and make things happen. Especially when 70 million is at stake. Ronaldinho with Kaka would work and be a great combo IMO.

But again we've been saying this for the past couple years, it has to register with Galliani and company. Thats just whats disgusting about it all. Us true fans knew that this rebuilding was necessary.

For me, just like Henry to Arsenal or Ronaldinho to Barcelona, Scheva's departure and Maldini's aging is a sign that that eras over and we need to look the future. But we have to be more aggressive in aquiring players.
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 29 2006, 03:21 AM)

Dida
Oddo Nesta Maldini Janku
Pirlo
Gattuso Gourcuff
Kaka
Torres Gila

Subs:
Kalac
Inzaghi, Oliveira

I think that was pretty much what everrone wanted to happen during the summer.

In the end everyone here is blaming Carlo for using the xmas tree, but if he atleast had Mascherano out of all those players you wrote down, the xams tree would have worked much better. He probably used Pippo because he is the most experianced one, and normally is the one supplying the goals in these big matches.

If he wanted to use the xmas as a more of an attacking weapon then Gourcuff would have been played next to Pirlo (he probably would still have lost the ball far less then Ambro), Carlo hinted that Pirlo could be man of the match in this game, he said that because he was going to use Ambro and Rino next to him to free him up but that didn't work, because
1. Ambro might have been a good defensive midfielder but he isn't anymore, especially since he is regaining match fitness after an injury most of the time.
2. Pirlo seriously needs a rest, I know there was no chance of him being rested in this crucial match, but when he is off form he can do more harm to the team, because when he loses the ball it's ina dangerous part of the field since he plays that deep. Pirlo right now looks drained and devoid of ideas, which I thinkare the effects of the WC and the players not having enough rest.
HasanHasanly
Pirlo does need a rest, even his facial expressions have changed from WC06. I think he just needs time off for 1-2 matches...
han2503
QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Oct 29 2006, 09:28 AM)
Pirlo does need a rest, even his facial expressions have changed from WC06. I think he just needs time off for 1-2 matches...

I think now that Gourcuff is back Carlo might relieve him of some of the matches, with Seedorf slipping into the middle and Gourcuff on the left.

And after playing nearly everygame last season, then heading off and playing every match of the WC (literally) and then not having even what's called a mini vacation because you are called back for CL preliminaries when you know that last season you worked hard enough to avoid them, I think that took it's toll on most of our players who played in the WC
HasanHasanly
We need Gourcuff on more and more, i think he plays very well both with in the center and forward. We need to get the captain on every game, because without him our game is pathetic....
Jack Sparrow
I agree. Andy P (that's Pirlo's rap name wink.gif ) is my favourite player on the team. Coz for me Paolo is much more that just a 'player'.

But it's obvious he needs rest. Like Han said, he plays in a very crucial area. Essentially with our CBs in such miserable touch, he's included in that last line of defense.

I'm afraid he needs rest. Might even be a good idea to send him on 'Adriano' leave for a week or two. Coz we need him back desperately.

Yesterday if Pirlo had been in top form in those last 35 minutes, we might have had a different story to tell.

We all talk about strikers, yes we do need a forward, but what about fullbacks and defensive mids. The fact is the last two categories actually speaking make more of an immediate impact than the forward who is brought in anew. Because the forwards has to be most in tune with the team's style of play, he'll take a lot of time to gel. In any case I hope that there will be enough time for Oli to get his act together by then.

Why? Because I don't think we should make a desperation buy. If there are no GOOD strikers available then let's not make the mistake of buying the first thing we can get our hands on. The forward is not our only problem.

It will be very rare to not have either a full back or a defensive mids available in winter. Go for them instead of the half decent striker, coz I can guran-damn-tee that any club whom we approach for a striker is gonna overprice him.
dst
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Oct 29 2006, 04:06 AM)
Sorry to sound blunt but we need goals from him, not space!

But yeah I still know what you're saying!

Ofcourse that's what we need. But I think he's doing great so much along with Gila ... and he's only played in 4 or so games !! I believe in him .

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 29 2006, 06:12 AM)
What is it that he can do properly?

He's excellent at getting injured !! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 29 2006, 06:21 AM)
Dida
Oddo Nesta Maldini Janku
Pirlo
Gattuso Gourcuff
Kaka
Torres Gila

he-he !! That's Gila in your line-up ... a typo !!? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Oct 29 2006, 10:53 AM)
With the derby, Inter outplayed us until they were down to 10 men.

I watched the game again first thing when I got up from bed ... We were kinda playing with 10 men too. Ambrosini did absolutely nothing out there and was virtually playing in favour of the Merda ... even Brocchi has come out being a better player for God's sake !! sad.gif

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 29 2006, 12:59 PM)
It will be very rare to not have either a full back or a defensive mids available in winter. Go for them instead of the half decent striker

What cap'n daid ... not exactly ... cause that Pirlo's nickname is the worst I've ever heard mate !! biggrin.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 29 2006, 03:15 AM)
@Portugal

After the close of the transfer window that was our team and there was nothing we can do about it. Now we had 2 choises or starting to predict the worst and bashing the team every week or to suport the team and believe that even with this squad and all the problems around we can do something cuz in football everything can happen and much worst teams than the current Milan won trophies. I mean: to say from september 1 that we ain't gonna win anything it's stupid IMO cuz things could have gone better for us like better form of strikers , more luck ........
You wrote numerous times (including many in this thread) that we need to open our eyes or saying that we are happy after a draw or something but read the discussions we were having during the summer where we all were complainig about transfer market (reinforsment of defense that should have started at least a year ago, another midfielder, new full backs and proper replacement for Sheva) and other things like -8 points, early comeback of players that played in the WC in order to qualify to the CL...). So we all knew that it's gonna be tough season but most of the people here at least gave them a chance. Milan has many excuses this year in particular and we can bash the team before and after every game but even with all these problems some believed that we can do good things with this squad also and even if it's won't happen at least thay supported they team from the start and not buried her before it all begun.

*if not Championship the place for the CL is 6 points away and with so many points still availible I can't see why some saying that we won't be there.

Problem is that Inter totally outplayed us yesterday. If it was not the sent off of the stupid Matrix the result will probably be 1-4 or even more for Inter. And that my friend, is a humiliation.

Problem is that it's the 3rd year in a row that we'll end without trophies.
Problem is that all of this was predictable.
Problem is that some people keep living on a dream. The 'top-team' dream.
Problem is that the supporters are not the same, and have not the same feelings.

... and it's not a problem but it's "choice", not "choise". cool.gif
agenth
matrix is a disgrace for every defender in the world.
matrix goal should have been disallowed, because ibra fouled nesta, thus matrix could get the ball
han2503
QUOTE (mchanna @ Oct 29 2006, 11:14 AM)
matrix is a disgrace for every defender in the world.
matrix goal should have been disallowed, because ibra fouled nesta, thus matrix could get the ball

Yep that's what I was think about that goal, we had a Gila goal disallowed against Palermo and it was practically identical to that of inter. Nesta was fouled when that goal was scored. Same thing goes for the clear penalty we where no given.
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 29 2006, 02:08 PM)
Problem is that Inter totally outplayed us yesterday.

I don't think that's the case. All their goals were due to massive defensive errors from us ... Ofcourse I'm not saying that they did not deserve to win, I just don't agree with the term "totally" !! In any case when Inter deserves a win over Milan then there must be something wrong about our Rossoneri !! rolleyes.gif

Ofcourse it was predictable ... everyone was screaming about the transfers we should have made and that proves it all. What applies here is what you said above: "the supporters are not the same, and have not the same feelings." These same people - including me in a way - feel that this squad has still something to give. Cause this squad (Exactly, without Shevchenko) is that thrashed Giuve 3-1 last season in the San Siro. And this squad won every game without Sheva last season too ...

If I did not believe in this team then I would have very well had taken a good one year long vacation and would only be here next season !!

Do I make sense !? unsure.gif
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 29 2006, 03:26 PM)
Yep that's what I was think about that goal, we had a Gila goal disallowed against Palermo and it was practically identical to that of inter. Nesta was fouled when that goal was scored. Same thing goes for the clear penalty we where no given.

there was no penalty: the shirt tag was made outside of the box only Pippo fell in rolleyes.gif We should have been awarded a free-kick nevertheless !!

And Marco's goal shouldn't have been disallowed, it's the other way round: Gila's goal against Pelrmo should have counted !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.