Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alessandro Costacurta
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Costacurta
I'd like to wish my all-time favourite player, Alessandro Costacurta, a very happy 40th Birthday. What a great to have been one of the essential ingridients of the greatest defence in club football ever witnessed, and still to be playing top-level European football at 40, and for another year to come.

An unfailing servant of the Rossoneri! Long may it continue.

king.gif
arivanjj
Happy Birthday king.gif.
milan00047
Happy Birthday no 40
The Best 4ever
Rossoneri 4ever
m1ke

Forza Billy devilsmiley.gif

PS. Does anyone know the record for the oldest player in Champions League?
whoarethepatriots
Happy Birthday

yourfavoritemuse
Happy 40th, Billy!! tongue.gif
RD.X
Billy - You are simply put - a Legend!
milanmalaysia
drizzt
happy 40th birthday costacurta!! forza MILAN forever.. u've displayed what a good defender is.. king.gif
dst
Happy Birthday Billy!!!! smile.gif
And please retire!!!Leave as a legend which you are.. king.gif
you're only adding some mediocre games to your palmare..
anyone who has watched real Billy understands!!!...
dst
First of all I have to say that this is ofcourse not ours decision to make.
I am sorry Costacurta (both Billy and the Milanfan member) but I think he should retire.IMO he was really bad last year.The game in Camp Nou was actually a complete disgrace for a player of his level.And his level is that of the best defenders ever!!!Maybe you'll say that he's quite good coming off the bench but c'mon now, Billy is not any player for the bench, even Milan's one!!
It's sad for me to see him play like that, I think you have to know when enough is enough, he's already a legend!!!

Do it Billy take the final step!!!

... cry.gif

P.S. Milan should also thank Serginho and -especially- Cafu for their services and kiss them both goodbye!!!Do it!!!!!! mad.gif
Portman
Def' yes.
misha
He had to retire 2 years ago IMO
Costacurta
I will admit that I am perhaps biased on this issue. On the one hadn, I want him to continue to play, and on the other I am moved by dst's view that he should leave now before perhaps tainting his undoubted status as one of the greatest CBs of all time.

I know against Barca at the Nou Camp he struggled, but so wouldn't most CBs against the most potent attack in Europe? However, I do concede, there was room for improvement. However, on other occassions in the season when he played a prolonged spell at RB, he was excellent, and consequently, sicne he was still performing so well, at least in this position last season over a distinct stint, I feel he has much to offer Milan, especially when the other RBs, Cafu and Simic, are anything but significantly better.

I think he still plays because he enjoys it, and, believes he can. I don't believe he would willingly put Milan at risk through his own incompetence. I think he will definately retire at the end of this season however, no doubt, together with Maldini. This is, however, a shame. As usual, his retirement will be overshadowed by his collegues, and old Billy will, to most people at least, slip away largely unnoticed, a tragedy.

All I can say is, I hope we win the CL this season more than ever, becuase not only would he have 5 winners Medals then, but he would definately retire on the back of European Glory.
dst
QUOTE (Costacurta @ Jul 26 2006, 06:32 PM)
All I can say is, I hope we win the CL this season more than ever, becuase not only would he have 5 winners Medals then, but he would definately retire on the back of European Glory.

I wonder ... will Billy and Paolo be allowed to take the trophy back to their own homes???

... laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 26 2006, 04:00 PM)
First of all I have to say that this is ofcourse not ours decision to make.
I am sorry Costacurta (both Billy and the Milanfan member) but I think he should retire.IMO he was really bad last year.The game in Camp Nou was actually a complete disgrace for a player of his level.And his level is that of the best defenders ever!!!Maybe you'll say that he's quite good coming off the bench but c'mon now, Billy is not any player for the bench, even Milan's one!!
It's sad for me to see him play like that, I think you have to know when enough is enough, he's already a legend!!!

Do it Billy take the final step!!!
... cry.gif
P.S. Milan should also thank Serginho and -especially- Cafu for their services and kiss them both goodbye!!!Do it!!!!!! mad.gif

I agree with you about Billy, but not about Cafu and Sergio. Cafu would be a great substitute for Oddo (or whoever we're gonna take as a RB) and Serghino made a great season last year as LB, so I think we should keep them for another season.
LaPalma
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 26 2006, 05:06 PM)
I agree with you about Billy, but not about Cafu and Sergio. Cafu would be a great substitute for Oddo (or whoever we're gonna take as a RB) and Serghino made a great season last year as LB, so I think we should keep them for another season.

I agree to Serginho. he played a great season. Especially in the CL. Without him, I think Lyon would have stopped us. He played a great game in Lyon. And look at him. He's still one of the fastest players on earth!
As for Cafu I think, yes he should retire. The WC showed that he's not the player he used to be one or two years ago, and it was a real unworthy end for his career in the Selecao...
milanista1899
They're all great players no doubt, but I think we've seen the best of them and if they go beyond next season I think it's over doing things. It's a shame they're all at the same point because we will have to replace 4 players next season, but hopefully we'll get at least 2 replacements in time for this season. I hope they can all celebrate the end of their careers on a high by winning a lot this season.
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 26 2006, 08:06 PM)

Great season???Yeah he was good against Lyon but we also lost/drew some other games because A LB HAS TO COME BACK TO DEFENCE SOMETIMES mad.gif
He was great as a winger but no my friends, he's not a left back!!!

QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 26 2006, 11:56 PM)
They're all great players no doubt, but I think we've seen the best of them and if they go beyond next season I think it's over doing things. It's a shame they're all at the same point because we will have to replace 4 players next season, but hopefully we'll get at least 2 replacements in time for this season. I hope they can all celebrate the end of their careers on a high by winning a lot this season.

The rejuvanation should have already had started since last year!!! But I guess we might be on time if we start this summer!!! But it's absolutely necessary!!!
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 27 2006, 12:15 AM)
Great season???Yeah he was good against Lyon but we also lost/drew some other games because A LB HAS TO COME BACK TO DEFENCE SOMETIMES mad.gif
He was great as a winger but no my friends, he's not a left back!!!

Absolutely right. But Ancheloti ,for some reason, doesn't think that ,because he brought Favalli (worst transfer ever) to cover Serginho +Kaladze can play (awful) there ,so I am pessimistic about a new left back.
Sorin still available and relative cheap.
X-Offender
I think we're covered at the left back, at least for this season. I mean, we have Serghino, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze and even Maldini to play on that role.
misha
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 27 2006, 03:27 AM)
I think we're covered at the left back, at least for this season. I mean, we have Serghino, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze

Yes we have players that can play left back ,but the problem still there
X-Offender
QUOTE (mishale @ Jul 27 2006, 11:06 AM)
Yes we have players that can play left back ,but the problem still there

The problem's in the centre and right back my friend, not to mention the attack. First we've got to cover those positions.
misha
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 27 2006, 01:54 PM)
The problem's in the centre and right back my friend, not to mention the attack. First we've got to cover those positions.

We've got to cover all weak positions
Rivaldo
Costacurta wil play with Paolo's son smile.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Jul 31 2006, 05:33 AM)

ROFL! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
m1ke
I believe this will be Billy's last season. He still had some great moments last season, but he's not half as quick as he used to be and he can't rely on his excellent positioning for every situation.

I hope he bows out in style (CL preferably! biggrin.gif)
dudernahata
its a shame he has to retire with maldini because no one will recognize him. maldini wil get all the attention. but u have to admit that cosacurta is still better today than some defenders in their twenties
Costacurta
QUOTE (dudernahata @ Aug 2 2006, 11:15 PM)
its a shame he has to retire with maldini because no one will recognize him. maldini wil get all the attention. but u have to admit that cosacurta is still better today than some defenders in their twenties

Completely agree. I feel he has been undervalued globally since he has always been in Maldini's shadow. Once again, he will bow out in the shadow of the great Maldini, inferior only to him in reputation.

Most CBs in their 20s are rather poor I think too. Good CBs are hard to come by now I feel. They are an extremely rare species. But Costacurta was one of the best ever, and class is permanent....
amancik
he may not be as good as Maldini in terms defending abilities but his commitment and devotion to Milan are really something to admire ...

would you guys call him a legend?

I think he is, IMO
Jack Sparrow
Legend....no arguments..
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Jul 27 2006, 04:47 PM)
We've got to cover all weak positions

absolutely right!!!

QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Jul 31 2006, 02:33 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif

he's definetely a legend. It's harsh that people think he's just an ol' sub!!!!
He should have retired already but on the other hand it's great for Nesta or useless Kaladze to be able to learn from such players king.gif
dudernahata
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 24 2006, 08:17 AM)
absolutely right!!!
laugh.gif  laugh.gif

he's definetely a legend. It's harsh that people think he's just an ol' sub!!!!
He should have retired already but on the other hand it's great for Nesta or useless Kaladze to be able to learn from such players  king.gif

but think about wat would have happened with all these incidents and if costacurta retired. we wouldve been pulling players from the youth squad to fill in the defensive gaps against red star
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dudernahata @ Aug 25 2006, 11:59 PM)
but think about wat would have happened with all these incidents and if costacurta retired. we wouldve been pulling players from the youth squad to fill in the defensive gaps against red star

We'd already have had a replacment wink.gif

He should retire, cz if he keeps on playing, those ppl from the Guiness Book of Who Gives a Sh!t will get in the picture .. Although it seems like he is defying the odds .. He just has to call it a day, retire while leaving a good mark .. I mean he can't be playing forever .. Can he unsure.gif ?!
dudernahata
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 25 2006, 08:37 PM)
We'd already have had a replacment  wink.gif

He should retire, cz if he keeps on playing, those ppl from the Guiness Book of Who Gives a Sh!t will get in the picture .. Although it seems like he is defying the odds .. He just has to call it a day, retire while leaving a good mark .. I mean he can't be playing forever .. Can he  unsure.gif ?!

well romario is 41 and still playin forward in the US at a second division club. no compare to milan but just sayin
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dudernahata @ Aug 26 2006, 11:31 PM)
well romario is 41 and still playin forward in the US at a second division club. no compare to milan but just sayin

I heard about that .. Astonishing how they just keep on going !! there is also Carboni who played at Valencia CF 04/05 season he was like 39 -41 yrs old.

It's one thing to play good football at that age, but at club level; that is something to be recognized king.gif
Costacurta
Unquestionably a legend. Greatly underrated.

Don't forget that Teddy Sheringham is still playing for West Ham in the EPL at 40 as well. He is same age as Billy and appears on a weekly basis as a substitute.
Rossoneri7
Costacurta Reveals Coaching Dream

The Milan defender would like to become a coach and lead the Rossoneri once Carlo Ancelotti decided to quit the club in nine years time.

Alessandro Costacurta has been with Milan forever and the veteran defender wants to continue his experience with the diavolo even after he ends his playing career.

His dream is that of becoming a coach, but only after Ancelotti steps down from his post, not before.

"In nine years time I would like to coach Milan," declared Costacurta during an Italian television program, 'Dribbling'.

"I say nine years, because before it would mean putting in difficulty a coach like Carlo Ancelotti who I really love."

Costacurta also commented the possible arrival of Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

"I think he's a good lad, very gentle," said the 40-year-old defender.

Milan will be facing Lazio in tomorrow’s Serie A evening game at the Olimpico stadium, with the Rossoneri targeting the fourth place in the standings.

Goal.com
arivanjj
devil.gif wub.gif
KillerMax
That means Ancelotti will be with us for nine more years? YEAH!!!!! devil.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 21 2007, 01:48 AM)
That means Ancelotti will be with us for nine more years? YEAH!!!!! devil.gif

FORZA CARLO !!!
bigmacmtl
great player, but i think it's time. if we want this team to go anywhere we need new blood, meaning the old guys gotta make room.
han2503
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jan 23 2007, 01:19 AM)
great player, but i think it's time. if we want this team to go anywhere we need new blood, meaning the old guys gotta make room.

I think Billy has already said that this will be his definate last season

Sad, but I think it's time
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 23 2007, 12:06 PM)
I think Billy has already said that this will be his definate last season

Sad, but I think it's time

sad.gif .. As much as I want new, young, and fresh players .. Costacurta will remain one of the best defenders out there. His performances with Milan has always been an exceptional performance; what is over that is he exceeds all expectations everytime .. sad.gif No I dont want him to retiere sad.gif
milanistar
hum tough question, I just hope he and Don Paolo don't retire the same year sad.gif
Costacurta
QUOTE (milanistar @ Jan 23 2007, 02:03 PM)
hum tough question, I just hope he and Don Paolo don't retire the same year  sad.gif

I really must agree. They will have testimonials too and would be a shame to have them in the same year.

Though Paolo still plays in the 1st XI when fit, I get the impression he is, essentially, unfitter than Billy and that he plays through considerable pain, whereas Billy is just old. If anything, Paolo might go earlier. If they win a trophy, both will deffo go. CL is v. unlikely... Coppa Italia maybe!

And I think I know why Billy said in 9 years. That's not when Carletto retires, it's when Billy plans to finally call it a day on the pitch! Long time to go yet lol.

I honestly do hope that Carlo is gone within 9 years though. He's run out of ideas and someone like Benitez or Hiddink might do better.
milanistar
QUOTE (Costacurta @ Jan 23 2007, 01:30 PM)
I really must agree. They will have testimonials too and would be a shame to have them in the same year.

Though Paolo still plays in the 1st XI when fit, I get the impression he is, essentially, unfitter than Billy and that he plays through considerable pain, whereas Billy is just old. If anything, Paolo might go earlier. If they win a trophy, both will deffo go. CL is v. unlikely... Coppa Italia maybe!

And I think I know why Billy said in 9 years. That's not when Carletto retires, it's when Billy plans to finally call it a day on the pitch! Long time to go yet lol.

I honestly do hope that Carlo is gone within 9 years though. He's run out of ideas and someone like Benitez or Hiddink might do better.

Don Paolo never plays when he's not at least 90% fit wink.gif

And hopefully not Benitez sad.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (milanistar @ Jan 23 2007, 08:01 AM)
Don Paolo never plays when he's not at least 90% fit wink.gif

Paolo has played when he was 40%. He is a Gladiator!
milanistar
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 23 2007, 04:53 PM)
Paolo has played when he was 40%. He is a Gladiator!

Are you sure, may bewhen he was young then unsure.gif
I dont remember him playing when he was injured, and he said once I dont want to penalize the team, if I'm not sure and dont feel 100% I dont play!
KillerMax
QUOTE (milanistar @ Jan 23 2007, 11:03 AM)
Are you sure, may bewhen he was young then unsure.gif
I dont remember him playing when he was injured, and he said once I dont want to penalize the team, if I'm not sure and dont feel 100% I dont play!

He played a game this season when he was clearly in excessive pain but we had no other option but to play because his sub was Darmian or something.... It was obvious that he was suffering greatly and it just showed everyone how great he is...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.