Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thai investor interested in Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3
X-Offender
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 27 2015, 11:15 AM) *
To be honest i don't care whether he's the best player on our team or in the world,if he actually said that, then he might as well piss off! I sick of the players we have these days, bunch of b*******.

I'm actually glad someone said that to him. Pippo is a joke. If he had any balls or dignity he would hsve resigned long ago. It pains me to talk like this about someone I have admired for years, but that's what he's become nowadays. And it's all up to him.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 27 2015, 02:27 PM) *
I'm actually glad someone said that to him. Pippo is a joke. If he had any balls or dignity he would hsve resigned long ago. It pains me to talk like this about someone I have admired for years, but that's what he's become nowadays. And it's all up to him.

Yep this

Management obviously don't want to sack him (Galliani mostly since Pippo was his brilliant idea unlike Seedorf). The dignified thing to do would have been to resign months ago.

There's only so much that the players will tolerate, and imo, he lost the locker room a long time ago, this isn't something that's just cropping up now
nuh
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Apr 27 2015, 02:13 PM) *
Are you of the opinion that all players should endure in silence regardless of how awful their manager is? He is a manager not a dictator and his incompetence has very real effects on their lives and future career opportunities. This isn't someone bailing at the first sign of trouble. Pippo is in way over his head and you can only flail fruitlessly for so long before you lose the locker room.

I understand what you mean but this would apply if the previous season didn't happen, it would apply if this season was seen as a fluke. But unfortunately its not, 90% of this team have been under performing for the past 2 years now. I understand that Inzaghi is a **** manager but at the end of the day it can't be that all 3 managers are at fault, the players need to accept that their not putting 100% into the team and are disgracing the fans. Seedorf apparently wasn't getting along with the team either, it can't be that the players are always right. Whether Inzaghi is right for the job or not isn't any of their business, their paid to go out on the pitch and die for ur club, but thats not whats happening for majority of the team. At the end of the day they should accept Inzaghi's criticism as he's accomplished more with this club than any of them ever will. The thing you need to realise is that almost every single player was praising inzaghi at the start of the season but as soon as **** hits the fan they turn on him, this whole season inzaghi has been backing them and blaming himself (he even got into an argument with Boban as a result) but the players aren't making his life easier but putting in half assed performances.
Danny
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 27 2015, 10:15 AM) *
To be honest i don't care whether he's the best player on our team or in the world,if he actually said that, then he might as well piss off! I sick of the players we have these days, bunch of b*******.

See, this is the kind of attitude I'm failing to grasp - why is Pippo allowed to criticise the players without them being allowed to criticise him?

Why is this only one way?

He's been a dire manager and if him being manager makes him immune to criticism then that's far more deeply worrying than what any player may or may not have said to him.
Danny
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 27 2015, 03:03 PM) *
I understand what you mean but this would apply if the previous season didn't happen, it would apply if this season was seen as a fluke. But unfortunately its not, 90% of this team have been under performing for the past 2 years now. I understand that Inzaghi is a **** manager but at the end of the day it can't be that all 3 managers are at fault, the players need to accept that their not putting 100% into the team and are disgracing the fans. Seedorf apparently wasn't getting along with the team either, it can't be that the players are always right. Whether Inzaghi is right for the job or not isn't any of their business, their paid to go out on the pitch and die for ur club, but thats not whats happening for majority of the team. At the end of the day they should accept Inzaghi's criticism as he's accomplished more with this club than any of them ever will. The thing you need to realise is that almost every single player was praising inzaghi at the start of the season but as soon as **** hits the fan they turn on him, this whole season inzaghi has been backing them and blaming himself (he even got into an argument with Boban as a result) but the players aren't making his life easier but putting in half assed performances.

They did accept his criticism though! They just pointed out he was equally as worthless.
Danny
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 27 2015, 10:15 AM) *

PS I do agree I'm sick and tired of our crappy players these days, but that doesn't make the comment less valid.
Rossoneri7
Agreed with that nuh, there does not remain a single player on this team that understands what it takes to lift a CL trophy. Having Inzaghi as a rookie debuting in professional football has its cons, but he was given the job for a reason ... And lossing the dressing room in such a manner is cause for alarm, that the players themselves are not of the standards that Milan are accustomed to. That is discipline, which is the essence of a steady ship.
X-Offender
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 27 2015, 04:03 PM) *
Seedorf apparently wasn't getting along with the team either, it can't be that the players are always right.

The only players who didn't like Seedorf were the ones he didn't hold in high regards (Abbiati, Abate, Bonera, Montolivo, i.e. the so-called senators of today's Milan). They rebelled, got Galliani to back them (because Galliani didn't want Seedorf either) and complained to Berlusconi.

Sure, Seedorf didn't make his life easier with his egotistical behavior, but at least his results spoke for themselves: 11 wins, 2 draws and 6 losses is not bad when you consider the position the team was when he took over. Not to mention the abruptness of his hiring (no preparation, no experience whatsoever etc.). Allegri before him and Inzaghi now have done much, much worse.

In hindsight, Seedorf's sacking was a very mean and cowardly thing to do. Surely they could have talked it over and came to an agreement. But Galliani is like that. He backs the coaches he hires to death (Ancelotti, Leonardo, Allegri, Inzaghi) even when they are beyond redemption, and is ready to finger the ones he doesn't want as soon as the opportunity presents itself.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 27 2015, 04:15 PM) *
Agreed with that nuh, there does not remain a single player on this team that understands what it takes to lift a CL trophy. Having Inzaghi as a rookie debuting in professional football has its cons, but he was given the job for a reason ... And lossing the dressing room in such a manner is cause for alarm, that the players themselves are not of the standards that Milan are accustomed to. That is discipline, which is the essence of a steady ship.

Precisely! That is why Inzaghi or any other rookie for that matter are not suited for this job. This team needs discipline, and someone as young, inexperienced and uncharismatic as Pippo can never attain that. These players need someone like Simeone or Mihajlovic, or even Klopp, who can get them back to earth and lift their spirits. Otherwise, it's pointless.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Apr 27 2015, 04:13 PM) *
Are you of the opinion that all players should endure in silence regardless of how awful their manager is? He is a manager not a dictator and his incompetence has very real effects on their lives and future career opportunities. This isn't someone bailing at the first sign of trouble. Pippo is in way over his head and you can only flail fruitlessly for so long before you lose the locker room.

The locker room should follow the coach. The players have no business deciding this coach is good or not, that is an issue for their employers. They must focus on the next game, on how they performed in the last game and to give 100% in Inzaghi's training sessions. They must show strength and take ownership of the shirt, make it a responsibility every time you are on the field in a professional match you do what your coach asks of you and you give 100%. That is it.

Cause that last match was a disgrace. Had Inzaghi put on his shorts and boots, he'd have more desire than any of those outfield players on that day. But he cant do that and there is only so much you can do. As nuh stated, three coaches tried to get these lads to shift gears but it is not happening.
han2503
I really find it funny that some of you people are defending Pippo as thoroughly as this. May I ask, are some of you also ones who would have shoved Allegri down a pit of burning flames had the opportunity presented itself?

I think it's hypocritical to defend Pippo now, simply because he has a glorious history as a player with us, that doesn't mean he's infallible as a coach.

And no this isn't the same team that Allegri or even Seedorf had, there have been a LOT of changes over these last few years. The turnover in players we're seeing every summer and even in January is not something that we were accustomed to in the past

As x-off said, Pippo simply is not the right man for the job, not this one, maybe he can be a successful coach in the future, but coming to Milan at this dire moment was a mistake of epic proportions. We need someone capable of getting these players playing well, getting them fit (which they're very obviously not imo), unite them and also getting them to believe in his philosophy. And these players simply aren't any of those things.

Forget the quality of players. We all know they're far and away from what Milan quality is. But look at the results and the teams they've faced and lost points to. It just doesn't add up. Against Udine there was simply no passion, no hunger not even a basic want to try and do well, they were barely even bothering to run. Compare how we played to how Udine played, and this is a team who's also in terrible form this season.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 27 2015, 12:50 PM) *
The locker room should follow the coach. The players have no business deciding this coach is good or not, that is an issue for their employers. They must focus on the next game, on how they performed in the last game and to give 100% in Inzaghi's training sessions. They must show strength and take ownership of the shirt, make it a responsibility every time you are on the field in a professional match you do what your coach asks of you and you give 100%. That is it.

Cause that last match was a disgrace. Had Inzaghi put on his shorts and boots, he'd have more desire than any of those outfield players on that day. But he cant do that and there is only so much you can do. As nuh stated, three coaches tried to get these lads to shift gears but it is not happening.

Reading your last two posts it's clear that you ascribe to a top down patrimonial approach to work (at least as it relates to football) that I completely disagree with. The players absolutely have the right to make up their own mind about the quality of their manager. The contract they signed doesn't stipulate that they never have an opinion and simply mindlessly follow the instructions of their master the manager. The quality of your relationship with your boss has a huge effect on your professional and personal life. That relationship is taken into account when any player signs a contract. Furthermore, the employers have a duty to their players to put them in a position to succeed just as much as players have a duty to work hard for the shirt.

Pippo was an absolute legend as a player. No one here disputes that fact. He is simply an awful manager by any metric you care to use. Being a great player, even a CL winning one, doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to guaranteeing you'll be a great manager. Pippo has utterly lost the locker room. This wasn't players bailing at the first sign of trouble either. We are most way through a season where Pippo has made zero progress and showed no signs of learning or improving. That isn't a "troubling sign" but damning evidence of his incompetence. The best managers are ones that get complete buy in from their players. Think about Mourinho or Simeone. They both get their players to work their *** off for them. That isn't because of their title as manager. That is a personal skill set as important as tactical knowledge and Pippo simply doesn't have it.

We all know that the team has been **** this year. Most of these players have put up much better performances elsewhere in their careers. Is it more likely that they all turned to feces once they signed on the dotted line for Milan or that they aren't being utilized properly and put in a position to succeed or thrive?
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 27 2015, 03:50 PM) *
The locker room should follow the coach.

Sorry, but the locker room DID follow the coach till it became completely apparent he simply doesn't have a clue.

Legend as a player, but a disgusting manager and I'd actually be more worried if players didn't complain, and just week in week out picked up their wage without any objection to the trash from the manager.

By complaining, it shows they care. If they didn't care, they wouldn't have cared about his criticism, nor would they have responded.

While they have been terrible, the manager has too.

Both sides have to take responsibility, and at least the players actually are.

This manager, like Rangers' Ally McCoist who absolutely NEVER admitted errors on his part, will not concede anything, and passes the blame onto the players.

I respect a manager who can admit he gets something wrong, and tries to fix it.

Mourinho admitted he'd picked the wrong team (Newcastle away in 2013) and it hadn't worked, and he'd try to figure out where it went wrong.

But managers who just blame players and won't take any responsibilty at all are as unworthy to lead the team as the players are to wear the shirt.
X-Offender
Well, to be fair Danny, Pippo has taken responsibility nearly always this season. But I think that's actually bad. When a manager never blames the players, always tries to find excuses and positives in very negative things like Pippo has done continuously throughout this season, he's simply being a coward.

Mourinho always blamed the collective after a bad performance, that includes both him and the players. He wasn't afraid to admit that the team played badly. But Pippo just says that he takes full responsibility for the loss yada yada. That's diplomatic bullshit that makes no difference. And it just shows how green and incompetent as a manager he is.

This was the first time he actually accused the players, and look at the reaction he got. The players don't follow him, haven't been following him for a while. It's as clear as the day.
Danny
Most post-match blues I've seen from Pippo have been vague and frustrating rhetoric which didn't really aportion blame anywhere in particular. Diplomatic bullshit, as you say.

My example of criticism here was specifically in the dressing room where this supposed comment he's made has been greeted with the contempt it deserves.

However look at the Udinese shite:

"The objective is to earn our place at Milan," the former Milan striker said.

"This was a bad performance and I was extremely angry at the attitude I saw.

"There are no excuses. In the other games Milan had always tried to fight, but this time I saw nothing. It looked like Udinese were playing a Champions League final compared to us.

"I can only apologise to the fans. Thankfully we'll be playing again in a few days and we must wipe this performance from the memory as soon as possible.

"If I could've made 10 substitutions at half-time, then I would've done. I have little else to say. We are Milan and cannot embarrass ourselves with a performance like this."

That sounds to me like Pippo blaming the players solely.

Oddly enough he said 'if I could have made 10 subs at half time I would have' - and yet he only made one fucking sub at half time, Rami on for the injured Paletta.

He really is a bit of a nob.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Apr 27 2015, 11:45 PM) *
Reading your last two posts it's clear that you ascribe to a top down patrimonial approach to work (at least as it relates to football) that I completely disagree with. The players absolutely have the right to make up their own mind about the quality of their manager. The contract they signed doesn't stipulate that they never have an opinion and simply mindlessly follow the instructions of their master the manager. The quality of your relationship with your boss has a huge effect on your professional and personal life. That relationship is taken into account when any player signs a contract. Furthermore, the employers have a duty to their players to put them in a position to succeed just as much as players have a duty to work hard for the shirt.

Pippo was an absolute legend as a player. No one here disputes that fact. He is simply an awful manager by any metric you care to use. Being a great player, even a CL winning one, doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to guaranteeing you'll be a great manager. Pippo has utterly lost the locker room. This wasn't players bailing at the first sign of trouble either. We are most way through a season where Pippo has made zero progress and showed no signs of learning or improving. That isn't a "troubling sign" but damning evidence of his incompetence. The best managers are ones that get complete buy in from their players. Think about Mourinho or Simeone. They both get their players to work their *** off for them. That isn't because of their title as manager. That is a personal skill set as important as tactical knowledge and Pippo simply doesn't have it.

We all know that the team has been **** this year. Most of these players have put up much better performances elsewhere in their careers. Is it more likely that they all turned to feces once they signed on the dotted line for Milan or that they aren't being utilized properly and put in a position to succeed or thrive?

Lets put it this way, the players can voice their opinion to their employer, but not disrespecting the coach,especially not after such a shameful performance.

Inzaghi, i believe, will be sacked at the end. A new manager will come in, then another manager and so on and so forth. But the ultimate decision lies with the management whether he stays or goes and not with a players opinion.

We can agree and we can disagree. None of that will affect Milan on the pitch, however a player disrespecting his coach in front of the team, this could arguably cause problems on the pitch.

Hence it is not their problem if the club sack Inzaghi and hire Ancelotti or hire Gattuso. At the end of the day they have to win on the pitch. Only the weak will retract and place the blame on the manager.
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 28 2015, 04:35 AM) *
Lets put it this way, the players can voice their opinion to their employer, but not disrespecting the coach,especially not after such a shameful performance.

Wow, you really are just trolling. No manager on earth is to be criticised by any of their players ever?

I know it's invoking Godwin very early in a debate, but you're justifying following bad orders and giving unquestioning respect. Which reminds me of the cause of Godwin.

Inzaghi, i believe, will be sacked at the end. A new manager will come in, then another manager and so on and so forth. But the ultimate decision lies with the management whether he stays or goes and not with a players opinion.

We can agree and we can disagree. None of that will affect Milan on the pitch, however a player disrespecting his coach in front of the team, this could arguably cause problems on the pitch.

EL OH EL - because it's all going SO well as it IS!

Hence it is not their problem if the club sack Inzaghi and hire Ancelotti or hire Gattuso. At the end of the day they have to win on the pitch. Only the weak will retract and place the blame on the manager.

As I said, De Jong took his share of the blame, and gave some to the manager too. That is fair to me.

Not to you, apparently.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 28 2015, 01:35 AM) *

Respect is earned and must be built mutually. It's not a one way street and it doesn't come by virtue of appoint from a team executive. Pippo hasn't shown that he respects himself let alone his players this season. I don't think we are going to close the gap in our opinions here. Seems like we just have a fundamentally different view of the world.
Danny
Wouldn't worry MB, most people's views of the world differ from R7!
han2503
Like I said above, the only reason some are still defending him is because he's Pippo, Imo he's just as indefensible as Allegri was and to make a distinction between the 2 is hypocrisy at its finest.

I understand why one would be reluctant to go hard on him, as was done with Allegri much more easily, I for one would never call Pippo the things I called Allegri, both here and in my head. But at some point you just have to admit that Pippo is in the wrong here. He's making things worse than they need to be and he should have had the decency and courage to resign months ago
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 28 2015, 06:17 PM) *
he should have had the decency and courage to resign months ago

This, pretty much. Resignation is not always an act of cowardice, but it can also be a virtue. Pippo is simply putting his job ahead of the team's success, a job that he's doing very, very badly.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 28 2015, 02:31 PM) *
This, pretty much. Resignation is not always an act of cowardice, but it can also be a virtue. Pippo is simply putting his job ahead of the team's success, a job that he's doing very, very badly.

The really unfortunate part is that he is burning bridges with a community that idolized him. Can any of you think about the 07 final and Pippo's goals without getting shivers down your spine? It was one of the greatest moments I've ever had as a fan of any team. The memory of a career of passion and excellence has been severely tarnished this season. If he had stepped down during the winter and frankly admitted that he wasn't ready yet then he might have been welcomed back as manager some day with open arms. Now if that is ever to happen he will need to make a massive turn around or disappear from fan consciousness for a period.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 28 2015, 11:48 AM) *
Wouldn't worry MB, most people's views of the world differ from R7!

A diversity of opinions is a good thing to have in the world. I just don't want people with that opinion to be in control of this team haha.
Danny
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Apr 28 2015, 06:51 PM) *
A diversity of opinions is a good thing to have in the world. I just don't want people with that opinion to be in control of this team haha.

This forum should really invest in a 'like' button.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 28 2015, 04:02 PM) *
This forum should really invest in a 'like' button.

Thanks man biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 28 2015, 08:17 PM) *
Like I said above, the only reason some are still defending him is because he's Pippo, Imo he's just as indefensible as Allegri was and to make a distinction between the 2 is hypocrisy at its finest.

I understand why one would be reluctant to go hard on him, as was done with Allegri much more easily, I for one would never call Pippo the things I called Allegri, both here and in my head. But at some point you just have to admit that Pippo is in the wrong here. He's making things worse than they need to be and he should have had the decency and courage to resign months ago

Why are you repeating this as if you were inside our heads? Who is defending the coach only because it's Pippo? How do you see this?

I see some people being concerned about discipline. R7 said his piece, but I think it has nothing to do with Pippo: I'd say he'd make the same post, no regard of Pippo, Allegri, Leonardo or any other coach. I'd like to think I would do the same: I never called Allegri names - other then amateur - which he proved to be at the time.

Now you want us to condemn Inzaghi? Sure, like I said before, he's at fault and he has to go. But take a better look. I really think Milan has problems all over the place. If you eliminate the source of the problem (management) and the element that makes things work ie appear better or worse (coach, Inzaghi in this case), I think we have a bad mix of players. Not only do they lack evidently in quality, they have questionable behavior and discipline, the show a lackadaisical attitude, even destructive or careless. Sure, a more experienced coach will cover most of those problems or at least hold them buried. But that doesn't mean they don't exist.

To be quite frank: Inzaghi is not good enough and not the right man for this situation. But I seriously doubt this team can do considerably better. It's just poisoned. 3 years without a proper coach, no ambition, used to losing, no real hunger. I don't think a experienced coach is a magic wand that can reverse this trend.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2015, 08:54 PM) *
Why are you repeating this as if you were inside our heads? Who is defending the coach only because it's Pippo? How do you see this?

I see some people being concerned about discipline. R7 said his piece, but I think it has nothing to do with Pippo: I'd say he'd make the same post, no regard of Pippo, Allegri, Leonardo or any other coach. I'd like to think I would do the same: I never called Allegri names - other then amateur - which he proved to be at the time.

Now you want us to condemn Inzaghi? Sure, like I said before, he's at fault and he has to go. But take a better look. I really think Milan has problems all over the place. If you eliminate the source of the problem (management) and the element that makes things work ie appear better or worse (coach, Inzaghi in this case), I think we have a bad mix of players. Not only do they lack evidently in quality, they have questionable behavior and discipline, the show a lackadaisical attitude, even destructive or careless. Sure, a more experienced coach will cover most of those problems or at least hold them buried. But that doesn't mean they don't exist.

To be quite frank: Inzaghi is not good enough and not the right man for this situation. But I seriously doubt this team can do considerably better. It's just poisoned. 3 years without a proper coach, no ambition, used to losing, no real hunger. I don't think a experienced coach is a magic wand that can reverse this trend.

Because I do 100% see this distinction that people are making with Pippo. Simple as that really

It's not about condemning anyone, but call a spade a spade.

And no, no coach would be a magic solution unless it's someone with some serious clout and experience. We've spiralled too much down the rabbit hole at this point for any run of the mill coach to just come in and wipe the slate clean

The infection atm is bone deep. The players aren't as good as they should be, but we simply cannot have another huge overhaul in the summer. We've seen this done countless times now. I don't think selling 10 players and bringing 10 new ones in will solve the problem either. Unless there's someone serious coming in to coach the side it's pointless

We've heard of Brocchi and Sarri, I mean, you'd think that they would learn their lesson.

With Pippo, yes, I do believe that he should have resigned months ago, I would have respected him had he done that

And seriously, you say the players are undisciplined and unmotivated, but whose job is it to motivate them and discipline them - emphasise who the man in charge is? Pippo simply has not done that throughout the season. Even abate, one of the guys who I've always commended for his work ethic has looked lethargic and disinterested most of the time.
Fillipo Simone
Agreed, no question. But I think the problem goes much beyond just Inzaghi, as I always said.

Because I do 100% see this distinction that people are making with Pippo. Simple as that really

Really? Can you at least prove it, if you're 100% sure?
William405
http://football-italia.net/65850/milan-sack-and-sale-decided

Seems like the sale is becoming an increasingly possible prospect.

I'd like to know about that Thai investor. Why is he planning on buying Milan? Surely, it cannot be purely business.
X-Offender
They met last night, he left Arcore after the Genoa game. They're supposed to meet again today at 14 where Silvio should give his definite answer.

Source: Mediaset
Danny
Can ANYONE please cite me an Asian/Far East owner who's made a big success of their club?
Danny
He's holding a press conference this afternoon where he's expected to announce the purchase of Milan.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 30 2015, 11:22 AM) *
Can ANYONE please cite me an Asian/Far East owner who's made a big success of their club?

The fact there hasn't been one doesn't mean there can't be a first.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2015, 06:18 PM) *
Agreed, no question. But I think the problem goes much beyond just Inzaghi, as I always said.

It's not possible to prove what thoughts are in a person's head but I think the statements people have made are pretty instructive of their inherent biases or at least the default settings from which they are working. I don't think it's an absurd claim to say that I think any manager this statistically poor without the name Pippo Inzaghi would be more harshly criticized. 10 wins, 13 draws, and 10 losses is an abysmal record for a team of Milan's stature. Based on that alone he should have been sacked months ago. The fact that he hasn't comes down to internal team politics, finances, and acceptance of a lost season. Pippo is not THE problem but he is definitely A problem.
Fillipo Simone
On the other hand, there cannot be a completely unbiased person. It simply isn't human.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2015, 10:18 PM) *

How can I do that exactly? Aside from sifting through hundreds of posts...

Like I said, it's my perception with regards to how people talk about Pippo now as opposed to Allegri. And let's face it, Pippo is managing to do even worse than Allegri.

As for the takeover talk, I don't know whether to be happy or apprehensive about it. We seriously know nothing about this guy.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2015, 04:00 PM) *
How can I do that exactly? Aside from sifting through hundreds of posts...

Like I said, it's my perception with regards to how people talk about Pippo now as opposed to Allegri. And let's face it, Pippo is managing to do even worse than Allegri.

Okay, but why is it relevant then? I think everyone will agree that Pippo hasn't been good. Why nitpicking now? Someone likes him for his past and maybe inclines a more lighter critic, someone's maybe not a fan of Pippo since his playing days. So what? Allegri has been bad. Inzaghi has been even worse. What's the point of insisting on nuances?

As for the takeover talk, I don't know whether to be happy or apprehensive about it. We seriously know nothing about this guy.

Well, another shot in the dark. But I do trust Berlusconi on this.
X-Offender
- Milan Channel says Inzaghi will stay ( laugh.gif )
- Mr. Bee will meet Silvio in the evening, along with all the other important heads of the club and Fininvest

Link
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 30 2015, 09:37 AM) *
On the other hand, there cannot be a completely unbiased person. It simply isn't human.

Very true. I think we should strive for being objective though even knowing that to be completely objective is impossible.
vahid
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 30 2015, 12:22 PM) *

Arabs are asian too biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (vahid @ Apr 30 2015, 04:08 PM) *

No they aren't, they're Middle Eastern.

Asian is India/Pakistan and the Far East (China, Indonesia).

Arab is Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq (albeit I doubt any Iraqis are going to be buying us any time soon), Abu Dhabi etc.
Danny
QUOTE (vahid @ Apr 30 2015, 04:08 PM) *

PS I see you're Iranian. Or Persia as it was called some hundred years ago. Do your people consider themselves Asian?
vahid
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 30 2015, 08:54 PM) *
No they aren't, they're Middle Eastern.

Asian is India/Pakistan and the Far East (China, Indonesia).

Arab is Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq (albeit I doubt any Iraqis are going to be buying us any time soon), Abu Dhabi etc.

WTF? Iranians are not arab,not at all.it's a muslim country but not an arab country.

and i really don't understand what you talking about,middle east is not a continent,we are asian.
X-Offender
Meeting postponed for tomorrow. sleep.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 30 2015, 09:18 PM) *

How shocking... Expected really
Danny
QUOTE (vahid @ Apr 30 2015, 07:19 PM) *
WTF? Iranians are not arab,not at all.it's a muslim country but not an arab country.

You must understand there is a lot of ambiguity regarding the Middle East, whereby nations on the east of it are often regarded as more Asian, while ones on the west are Arab.

For example, is Saudi Arabia Arabian or Asian?

and i really don't understand what you talking about,middle east is not a continent,we are asian.

Didn't say it was, it's a collective term to describe the transgression from Europe to the Far East.

In the Western world countries of majority Islamic, Sikh or Hindi religion are widely viewed as being part of the Middle East. Even India and Pakistan.

But it's an ambiguious thing, as when someone says 'they were Asians' are they meaning Muslim/Arabic peoples, Indian/Pakistani peoples or Chinese/Japanese peoples?
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 30 2015, 08:18 PM) *

And seems no press conference took place either.

Usual BS.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2015, 09:54 PM) *
[...] I seriously doubt this team can do considerably better. It's just poisoned. 3 years without a proper coach, no ambition, used to losing, no real hunger. I don't think a experienced coach is a magic wand that can reverse this trend.

Seems to me like you are describing Juve pre-Conte smile.gif. Yes, it can be done, but only with the support of management, and that is simply not going to happen with B&G running the show. So I guess you are right ...
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 30 2015, 10:37 PM) *
And seems no press conference took place either.

Usual BS.

I have a feeling something is gonna happen this time around. My guess is that Berlu is trying to play the various buyers to squeeze a little more money out of the deal. Let's see ...
X-Offender
They're supposed to meet in a few hours...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.