Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [CL] Champions League 2017-18
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
William405
What do you guys think of that rule by the way? It's great because I believe these are the 4 best leagues out there. But, it's kind of hypocritical in a way because no other leagues can advance and gain more places no matter what they do.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 22 2017, 11:00 PM) *
What do you guys think of that rule by the way? It's great because I believe these are the 4 best leagues out there. But, it's kind of hypocritical in a way because no other leagues can advance and gain more places no matter what they do.

Aside from the French league to an extent, no other league can compete with those four. So it's quite legit for me.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 10:55 PM) *
Hmm, Balotelli played from the start. And there were no cards whatsoever in the game.

No, I mean he went off with injury and there was a delay getting him back on. Goal was conceded during this time.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 11:22 PM) *
Aside from the French league to an extent, no other league can compete with those four. So it's quite legit for me.

*frames* biggrin.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2017, 10:54 PM) *
They will have four regardless. UEFA passed new rules that Italy, England, Spain and Germany will each have four teams going straight into the group stages starting from next season. In other words, if we finish 4th this season we won't have to go through any play-offs.

I was actually thinking from the POV of winning UEL and getting the auto slot from that but yes, that too is valid.
Fillipo Simone
Oh well, the Champions League needed some changes. The less teams like Maribor, Astana, Rijeka, etc. play on this level the better the competition will look. I think automatic qualification will enormously help the likes of Napoli, Monaco, Roma, Leverkusen, etc. because it will provide stability and security to make bolder steps forward.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 23 2017, 05:25 AM) *
Hmm, Balotelli played from the start. And there were no cards whatsoever in the game.

Nah, there was some fuss about him needing to tape up jewelry or something.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 23 2017, 01:02 AM) *
*frames* biggrin.gif

To an extent I said. tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2017, 10:50 PM) *
Watched some of this - Napoli benefited from a dreadful delay in getting Balotelli on. I think Nice were down to 10 men. That made it 0-1.

You really think Balo would have helped in anyway considering he walked it for 90 minutes? One of the laziest displays I've seen from him in a while

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 22 2017, 10:51 PM) *
Depending how this season goes they could well have four next season.

No need, it's already in the bag wink.gif

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 22 2017, 11:00 PM) *

Who cares? Germany took away one of our spots by doing well in the UEFA Cup/EL while we had teams winning the thing. The fact that the UEFA Cup/EL give the same coefficients for wins/draws as the CL was already a f@cked up system.

At least now the quality of the tournament will be elevated at Fillipo said. It made no sense that you had teams like Milan and Inter sitting out while obscure teams from obscure leagues got into the group stages. This ensures more TV money for UEFA anyway

*frames* biggrin.gif

Well with PSG in there they have to be considered, but really, is the league in general that much better than the Portugese one if you take PSG out of it?

Look at Nice vs Napoli. Shows the gulf in class between what Italy has to offer and what France does very accurately imo

I was actually thinking from the POV of winning UEL and getting the auto slot from that but yes, that too is valid.

Hmmm, interesting point there. I think what would happen would be the same as what happened in England with Man U. Italy would get 5 spots if we were to win the EL and miss out on top 4 that is
Danny
I was in the process of replying then realised my walrus needed cleaning.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 23 2017, 12:17 PM) *
I was in the process of replying then realised my walrus needed cleaning.

Is it clean now? biggrin.gif
CrazyMilanFan
Group A

Benfica, Manchester United, Basel, CSKA Moscow

Group B

Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic

Group C

Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag

Group D

Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting CP

Group E

Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor

Group F

Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord

Group G

Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig

Group H

Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham Hotspur, APOEL
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 24 2017, 06:02 PM) *
Group A

Benfica, Manchester United, Basel, CSKA Moscow

Group B

Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic

Group C

Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag

Group D

Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting CP

Group E

Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor

Group F

Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord

Group G

Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig

Group H

Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham Hotspur, APOEL

Roma...

United always with the easy draw.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2017, 06:21 PM) *

Came here to say the same thing.
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2017, 10:21 PM) *
Roma...

laugh.gif
han2503
When was the last time they had an even mildly difficult group?
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 25 2017, 03:40 PM) *
When was the last time they had an even mildly difficult group?

I thought the same but then I saw our group today...
Fillipo Simone
Well we also had some uncomfortable groups in the past.
X-Offender
Yeah. We used to pick Madrid and Barcelona on a constant basis.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 26 2017, 01:41 AM) *
I thought the same but then I saw our group today...

But we're in the EL. The likeliness of us drawing a very difficult group is almost non-existent since the majority of the teams in the other pots are bad.

Maybe Everton and Nice could have been a bit challenging out of all the teams we could have faced
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 26 2017, 01:37 PM) *
But we're in the EL. The likeliness of us drawing a very difficult group is almost non-existent since the majority of the teams in the other pots are bad.

Maybe Everton and Nice could have been a bit challenging out of all the teams we could have faced

I wanted Everton/Nice/Marseille then Prague/Kolm/Hoffenheim then AEK or Vitesse. I got one.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 26 2017, 09:09 PM) *
I wanted Everton/Nice/Marseille then Prague/Kolm/Hoffenheim then AEK or Vitesse. I got one.

But isn't it good to avoid the decent teams at this point?

I'd rather we not expand too much energy on the EL group stages so we can be able to really focus on the league. Inter and Roma look good so far, if we have drop offs we'll be out of the race for 4th
han2503
Damn... Inter...

Smash and grab in the least few minutes. They really don't deserve to win this, Roma were so much better throughout the game
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 26 2017, 11:33 PM) *
Damn... Inter...

Smash and grab in the least few minutes. They really don't deserve to win this, Roma were so much better throughout the game

Wrong thread?
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 26 2017, 09:30 PM) *
But isn't it good to avoid the decent teams at this point?

We waited four years for this. I wanted to make the most of it.

I'd rather we not expand too much energy on the EL group stages so we can be able to really focus on the league. Inter and Roma look good so far, if we have drop offs we'll be out of the race for 4th

I'd like to see us be a European heavyweight again - and I'd like to see wins against decent teams rather than Zanzibar Sheriff Deutsch DLC.
Fillipo Simone
It will happen step by step. Winning against AEK, Rijeka and Austria is as valuable at this moment as playing against United or Chelsea.
X-Offender
Yeah, the big fixtures will come later on. You can't pretend to have a stellar group in the Europa League.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 26 2017, 09:51 PM) *
Wrong thread?

Yeah... sad.gif

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 27 2017, 02:42 PM) *
We waited four years for this. I wanted to make the most of it.

I'd like to see us be a European heavyweight again - and I'd like to see wins against decent teams rather than Zanzibar Sheriff Deutsch DLC.

You can't really expect us to jump from the mediocrity of last season and into the elites.

EL is a good step for us to get our toes wet in Europe again. Not to mention that I don't think we're ready to be going all out in Europe and Serie A all at once (in terms of having difficult fixtures to contend with every 3 days) This is a good intro back into Europe, and for the KOs when we're hopefully kicking into gear in terms of form
Danny
People seem to have slightly misinterpreted me. I said wins against 'decent teams' - Marseille, Nice, Everton and Koln would have qualified. I did say that.

I'm not quite asking for Real Madrid yet!
Ry4n
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 31 2017, 12:56 AM) *
People seem to have slightly misinterpreted me. I said wins against 'decent teams' - Marseille, Nice, Everton and Koln would have qualified. I did say that.

They are baying for blood! laugh.gif fall in line or be ostracized.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2017, 08:56 PM) *

No I got what you were saying. You wanted more interesting games. Sure, it would be more fun to watch but it's still better this way. We need to be almost perfect in the league, and having an easy EL schedule will help in this regard. So that's why I'd much rather face the difficult teams later on

This is a completely new team, they'll need time to realty find their feet, and I'd rather not have the team going all out in 2 competitions while they're still in the gelling process

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Sep 1 2017, 04:50 PM) *
They are baying for blood! laugh.gif fall in line or be ostracized.

Dude, what's your problem?
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2017, 12:08 PM) *
Dude, what's your problem?

no problem if you have a problem with my post delete it.

It's just what i see go on here from time to time and its sad. anyway enough back on topic.
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Sep 2 2017, 03:14 PM) *
no problem if you have a problem with my post delete it.

It's just what i see go on here from time to time and its sad. anyway enough back on topic.

Why would I delete your post?

I'm just asking because you've come on here with a bitchy attitude from day one.

What do you expect for people to agree all the time? Why is it sad that there is a healthy discussion going on? You and Danny are too sensitive about this. As soon as people don't agree you feel the need to become defensive and declare the topic done. Soon enough no one will be able to say anything at all on here. That's what's sad imo
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2017, 06:07 PM) *
What do you expect for people to agree all the time? Why is it sad that there is a healthy discussion going on? You and Danny are too sensitive about this. As soon as people don't agree you feel the need to become defensive and declare the topic done. Soon enough no one will be able to say anything at all on here. That's what's sad imo

+1
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2017, 08:07 PM) *
Why would I delete your post?

I'm just asking because you've come on here with a bitchy attitude from day one.

Really. Well that's your opinion. Thanks for it.
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Sep 2 2017, 05:40 PM) *
Really. Well that's your opinion. Thanks for it.

See, this is what I mean. Passive aggressive for no reason when I'm trying to talk to you in a civilised manner.
Ry4n
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Sep 3 2017, 12:45 AM) *

Continuing to prove my point. But whatever rolleyes.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2017, 01:42 PM) *
Continuing to prove my point. But whatever rolleyes.gif

Just don't see the need to carry this charade on wink.gif
William405
Come on, no reason for this attitude. :/

You almost make me feel like there is a 1984 big brother thing going on here...
Jack Sparrow
Montella plays a 4-3-3 that morphs into a 4-2-4 in attack. The front left winger, moves centrally, while the mezzala on the left advances to become the left winger.

Discuss b!tches.
Fishdoll
Juv3ntus.
Fillipo Simone
Apart from that, which isn't really fun since I really dislike Barcelona, a complete CL borefest.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 13 2017, 09:08 AM) *
Apart from that, which isn't really fun since I really dislike Barcelona, a complete CL borefest.

Agreed, we're now seeing the result of what this financial gap has created. All the games were walkovers. The fun has really been sucked out of this game
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 13 2017, 05:49 PM) *
Agreed, we're now seeing the result of what this financial gap has created. All the games were walkovers. The fun has really been sucked out of this game

The financial gap has got nothing to do with last night's results. United, Bayern, PSG and Chelsea had a breeze because they were facing crappy opponents. Only Barca had a great game, but let's not forget Juve handed their asses to them only a few months ago.

The CL has been like this for many years. It's nothing new.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 13 2017, 05:49 PM) *

Liverpool held by Sevilla?

Porto losing at home to Besiktas?

Leipzig getting a point from Monaco?

This financial gap's 'relevance' is a fiction imo. Best team wins on the night. End of the day, plough 500M into a team and you still can't prevent a penalty from Kessie or an OG from whoever.

There's like PSG, Real, City perhaps and who else? Who else has boatloads of cash and has propelled themselves into an unfair European elite?

PS Feyenoord and the Dutch league is horrendous - any half decent UCL team could go there and get 3 points.

PPS Napoli are by no means poor and are on the verge of being a part of this 'gap' - yet got owned by Ukrainians?

There really wasn't a single artificial result over these two match days which presented an unfair gap. If Real play Apoel, they REALLY should tonk them. Not about money.
amancik
Ousmane Dembele is ruled out for up to four months. Poor Barcelona.
X-Offender
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 17 2017, 04:05 PM) *

That is unfortunate.
han2503
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 17 2017, 04:05 PM) *

They can't catch a break, poor them
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 17 2017, 04:07 PM) *
That is unfortunate.

As unfortunate as Pro Evo 2018?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.