Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SP] La Liga 2014-15
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Milan Are Brilliant
All La Liga talk in here...
Danny
Rodriguez to Madrid for £65M. El Clasico will be pretty extraordinary next season.
Jack Bauer
Saw that on twitter: Ronaldo, Bale & James cost Real Madrid around €265M. Ajax have spent €232M on transfers since their founding in 1900.

Uefa can add all the restrictions in the world, the big clubs will still find a way to spend crazy sums.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 22 2014, 04:09 PM) *
Saw that on twitter: Ronaldo, Bale & James cost Real Madrid around €265M. Ajax have spent €232M on transfers since their founding in 1900.

Uefa can add all the restrictions in the world, the big clubs will still find a way to spend crazy sums.

Ridiculous.
han2503
And Silvio claims we're still the most successful club and wants us to "get back to winning"

Berlusconi: Milan Most Successful

Yeah right! Madrid are spending 88m on a single player and we have to ask Rami to lower his wages so we can pay 4.5m to Valencia! At this point it's so sad that I can only laugh at the predicament we're in
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 22 2014, 05:42 PM) *
And Silvio claims we're still the most successful club and wants us to "get back to winning"

Berlusconi: Milan Most Successful

Yeah right! Madrid are spending 88m on a single player and we have to ask Rami to lower his wages so we can pay 4.5m to Valencia! At this point it's so sad that I can only laugh at the predicament we're in

The mafioso! mad.gif
kurtsimonw
It's embarrassing.

We're the most successful club in the World! (If you count a bunch of irrelevant trophies and remove ones that actually mean something.)
Danny
Sorry guys but Milan are not the most successful club, Rangers are. Only one European trophy, yes, but no one has more domestic silverware than Rangers.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 22 2014, 08:02 PM) *
Sorry guys but Milan are not the most successful club, Rangers are. Only one European trophy, yes, but no one has more domestic silverware than Rangers.

I've always thought that the International vs domestic debate is a bit pointless. A European trophy for example if far more prestigious.

For example, I would never trade Juve's domestic success with our European success
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 22 2014, 08:02 PM) *

They don't count domestic trophies in this regard.
kurtsimonw
Yeah which makes it all the more ridiculous. Madrid are clearly the most successful club.

32 La Liga titles > what any other club has done domestically. Sorry Danny, but 32 La Liga titles are worth more than double that in Scottish League titles. Then 10 European Cups > everyone else.

Any club claiming to be more successful than Madrid has an awful lot of delusion, which isn't surprising when Berlusconi and Galliani are in charge.
William405
Well, yeah obviously..Madrid are the most successful club. We're right there at second though.So, I don't think they're that delusional.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 22 2014, 07:35 PM) *
Yeah which makes it all the more ridiculous. Madrid are clearly the most successful club.

32 La Liga titles > what any other club has done domestically. Sorry Danny, but 32 La Liga titles are worth more than double that in Scottish League titles.

Are they? All I hear about La Liga is it's a two horse race. Indeed, someone on here once described it as a glorified SPL.

Wouldn't they be more valuable if the league was as competitive as the EPL?

Being reasonable, yes, your point ranks true, but you get my argument surely.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 22 2014, 07:22 PM) *
They don't count domestic trophies in this regard.

Just as well, Milan are borderline failures in Italy given the club's history. 18 leagues is not good enough, especially given we only became a 'European team' with prioty there when Berlusconi bought us.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 23 2014, 12:36 AM) *
Well, yeah obviously..Madrid are the most successful club. We're right there at second though.So, I don't think they're that delusional.

Berlusconi's words are not directed to us fans, its more towards the image of the club.

Personally speaking, history has no significance on how the team plays or wins; hence Berlusconi, as usual, was portraying the club as 'intangibly' valuable. Which he rightfully can do, as that is what he invested in to begin with.
Jack Sparrow
Yes. Maybe I'm biased, but I saw this more of a "Remember who we are!" call to arms rather than the past glory sort of thing.

It's Galliani who does the past glory thing with the stay serene, bullshite.
kurtsimonw
Suarez ban ends the day before the Clasico. It's almost as if Barca are favoured. rolleyes.gif

In any case, without any training and match practice, since he's banned from football activities, he shouldnt be playing anyway.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 25 2014, 01:15 PM) *
Suarez ban ends the day before the Clasico. It's almost as if Barca are favoured. rolleyes.gif

Really really hope this is droll sarcasm.
Milan Are Brilliant
Suarez has a hearing on the 8th August, they surely won't reduce the ban.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 2 2014, 06:31 PM) *

Don't be so sure wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Now that he's with Barca I'm honestly not.
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 2 2014, 05:31 PM) *

It was too harsh in the first place. Prepostorous, Orwellian dictatorship.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 2 2014, 09:42 PM) *
It was too harsh in the first place. Prepostorous, Orwellian dictatorship.

No it wasn't, it was pretty light considering this is the THIRD time he's done this, next time (and there WILL be a next time) he should be banned for at the least half of a season. He was even luckier this time around because most of the ban has been served through holidays
kurtsimonw
There's no ban too harsh for repeat offender. Doing something wrong? You get punished. Doing it a second time? You're an idiot and deserve what you get. Do it a 3rd? Your time should be up. Suarez has proven he can basically do what he wants, now his club allegiance will probably allow him to do it with minimal ban too.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 2 2014, 09:08 PM) *
No it wasn't, it was pretty light considering this is the THIRD time he's done this, next time (and there WILL be a next time) he should be banned for at the least half of a season. He was even luckier this time around because most of the ban has been served through holidays

So, if you committed an offence at your place of work, and they told you you could not engage in ANY work-related activities for 4 months except doing the job in your leisure in your spare time, you'd accept that as just?

That your work was actually telling you how to live your life for 4 months? I can accept a ban from playing but ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING FOOTBALL RELATED INCLUDING PHOTOSHOOTS?!

How utterly dare they!

F*ck off! Usual FIFA corruption, nothing more.

PS Kurt, this was a FIFA ban, the Barca paranoia is Uefa. FIFA couldn't give a sh*t about Barca. Tbh neither could Uefa.
William405
I'd expect to be in jail for 4 month..if I go around biting people...or in other places you know.

han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2014, 10:59 AM) *
So, if you committed an offence at your place of work, and they told you you could not engage in ANY work-related activities for 4 months except doing the job in your leisure in your spare time, you'd accept that as just?

That your work was actually telling you how to live your life for 4 months? I can accept a ban from playing but ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING FOOTBALL RELATED INCLUDING PHOTOSHOOTS?!

How utterly dare they!

F*ck off! Usual FIFA corruption, nothing more.

PS Kurt, this was a FIFA ban, the Barca paranoia is Uefa. FIFA couldn't give a sh*t about Barca. Tbh neither could Uefa.

As William here rightly mentioned, if I go around biting people at my work place I'm sure I'd be arrested for ASSAULT. Do you really think I feel sorry for him not being able to pose his famous teeth around in photo-shoots after what he did THREE times now? F@ck no! He deserves worse.
Danny
Yer *rse! What FIFA have done is outwith their jurisdiction. They're not law, they're football governance. How dare they say 'you are banned from all football-related activity including anything above kicking the ball about with your friends'.

That's Orwellian, pure and simple.

PS this 'jail' line doesn't work. See last night? When Benatia threw a missile at Pepe? Every inch as much assault as a mild bite is. See those awful 'tackles' which are more assault than challenge and get a red card? Every inch as much 'jail' material as a bite or a missile.

'if it happened on the street I'd be in jail' blah blah.

Er no, sadly on the pitch the rules are different. You get red cards, not jail.

So if you think Suarez' bite was jail material, then every malicious or violent act on the pitch, including some woeful tackles from our own Milan players, are also jail material.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2014, 12:18 PM) *
Yer *rse! What FIFA have done is outwith their jurisdiction. They're not law, they're football governance. How dare they say 'you are banned from all football-related activity including anything above kicking the ball about with your friends'.

That's Orwellian, pure and simple.

PS this 'jail' line doesn't work. See last night? When Benatia threw a missile at Pepe? Every inch as much assault as a mild bite is. See those awful 'tackles' which are more assault than challenge and get a red card? Every inch as much 'jail' material as a bite or a missile.

'if it happened on the street I'd be in jail' blah blah.

Er no, sadly on the pitch the rules are different. You get red cards, not jail.

So if you think Suarez' bite was jail material, then every malicious or violent act on the pitch, including some woeful tackles from our own Milan players, are also jail material.

A tackle is within the laws of the game, if it's bad you get punished for it through a red card. A bite is above and beyond, it's probably the worst form or aggression. You simply cannot excuse it, especially when it's not the first time this happened.

Fifa don't want Suarez doing anything football related, including advertisements because he's a bad example and a terrible advert for the sport, he's a diver, a cheat and a biter on top of all that. I'm not saying other players don't dive but Suarez just hits the trifecta, just like Pepe does. Players like them should not get any concessions or leeway.

And imo, for what he did, Suarez should be punished for longer, maybe not the football related activities part, I don't really care about that, but he should be banned for longer from playing official games, otherwise if he continues to simply get a slap on the wrist each time he will continue to act in this manner.

And yes the rules in football change, I don't go around tackling people at work, because it's not part of my job description, but it is part of the job description for a player, biting is not
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2014, 11:59 AM) *

If this was the 3rd time I'd committed the offence, I really wouldn't have a leg to stand on and thats my biggest issue here.

I agree that some, but very few, tackles have intent and/or are dangerous. But you look at some horrific injuries in football, most of them are because the tackle was a split second late, which can not be helped in a game of such speed.

Biting people is completely alien, it's not a split second decision to go and do that. To do it 3 times? A 4 month ban is ridiculous, even moreso when half of that ban is when no football is even played. A tackle is at least an attempt to get to the ball. A bite on a player completely away from play really is nothing like a tackle at all.

An offender should be punished, he was. Repeat offenders need to be made a massive example out of. If FIFA don't ban him for life when he does this again, it just proves because of his name he can get away with anything.
Danny
Then I guess Roy Keane should have been out the game for the repeat number of intentional leg-breakers he committed in his career too?

I accept the biting thing is appalling, but it's no more 'dangerous' than a leg-breaker. It just looks ridiculous and ugly.
kurtsimonw
The difference with tackles is that they aren't as black and white as biting. I've seen plenty of leg breaking challenges, some of them shouldn't have even been free kicks. It's just bone colliding at speed, this stuff can happen.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 3 2014, 02:09 PM) *
The difference with tackles is that they aren't as black and white as biting. I've seen plenty of leg breaking challenges, some of them shouldn't have even been free kicks. It's just bone colliding at speed, this stuff can happen.

No, but some are absolutely intentional. What about violent conduct? Elbows? Intentional attacks?

Are they acceptable compared with biting?

I accept the alien nature of the act, but then Gary Lineker once did a sh*t on the pitch and wasn't punished for it...
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2014, 03:42 PM) *
No, but some are absolutely intentional. What about violent conduct? Elbows? Intentional attacks?

Are they acceptable compared with biting?

I accept the alien nature of the act, but then Gary Lineker once did a sh*t on the pitch and wasn't punished for it...

To be fair to the guy he had the runners biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2014, 11:59 AM) *

He's still getting paid right? In which case this does happen for regular people in the UK with gardening leave.
kurtsimonw
Yep.

I think FIFA have every right to ban him from arenas they license. One of my dads former co-workers was firedfrom Royal Mail and is no longer allowed to set foot on their premises. Suarez must be laughing.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 3 2014, 10:26 PM) *
Yep.

I think FIFA have every right to ban him from arenas they license. One of my dads former co-workers was firedfrom Royal Mail and is no longer allowed to set foot on their premises. Suarez must be laughing.

Ah, so he's banned from posting a letter too?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 4 2014, 12:41 AM) *
Ah, so he's banned from posting a letter too?

Why would he be banned from posting a letter? He's just not allowed on the premises. It's the same as Suarez, he can play football, just not at any FIFA sanctioned arena.

Unlike any normal person, Suarez is still being paid, can still play football with friends, family, etc. can still watch football, can still play FIFA. I wish I could be banned from work and still get to do all this stuff.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 3 2014, 10:57 PM) *
Why would he be banned from posting a letter? He's just not allowed on the premises. It's the same as Suarez, he can play football, just not at any FIFA sanctioned arena.

He cannot take part in any football related activity. ANYTHING. The only thing he can do is play football privately. He can't even train at any club's private training facility. He can't take part in autograph sessions, can't spend time with his team mates while they're on club business, WHATEVER that is. That's draconian. And outwith what FIFA are really entitled to enforce on a person.

Unlike any normal person, Suarez is still being paid, can still play football with friends, family, etc. can still watch football, can still play FIFA. I wish I could be banned from work and still get to do all this stuff.

Eh, no, because it was FIFA with the ban, not his club. Like your parent company (Procter & Gamble) banning you but your employer (Pampers) still pays you.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 4 2014, 11:58 AM) *
He cannot take part in any football related activity. ANYTHING. The only thing he can do is play football privately. He can't even train at any club's private training facility. He can't take part in autograph sessions, can't spend time with his team mates while they're on club business, WHATEVER that is. That's draconian. And outwith what FIFA are really entitled to enforce on a person.

Why are they? All clubs ultimately come under FIFA, they're stopping him, for a period, having him anything to do with their clubs and the clubs facilities.

I think what some people are really missing is that this is the 3rd time he's done such a crazy thing. If this was a first offence, I would be completely with you on this. But a 3rd? If he was banned from football for life, he'd have no leg to stand on. If you can't get things right on a 2nd and 3rd chance, you dont deserve a 4th. At that point you're taking a piss.
Danny
Like I say, Roy Keane did more than 3 intentional legbreak style tackles. I see absolutely no difference. In fact he committed worse IMO.
kurtsimonw
and I would agree with you, but most of Keane's tackles were done to a player with the ball. If we talk about a court of law situation, it would be difficult for people to prove that Keane's intent was to harm the player, his defence would be that he was just a little late on a challenge. A number of completely fair challenges have ended with a player having a severe injury.

Suarez has no defence though. There is clear intent in all of his bites. He can't claim he was going for the ball or similar.

If bad fouls are worse than biting, then Suarez is good at that too. The first one here is one of the worst attempts to end a players career I've ever seen.

His biting is just the tip of the iceberg really.
Danny
Oh I know he's no angel, but my point is he's being castrated for his crimes in a way others aren't for theirs.

Look at Totti at the world cup. 3 match ban for the worst thing a player can do to another.

But Suarez got 7 for the Ajax bite incident. His first crime.

Point is he gets more punished than anyone else despite his crimes not being any worse or better.

I am biased in that I do really like the guy and rate him as the world's best right now, but it doesn't alter that the punishment he receives is always harsher. Look at the Hunt knee that nearly killed Cech. The-then Reading winger didn't even receive a yellow card never mind a match ban. Many woeful tackles which break legs get off far less severe than Suarez first offence.
kurtsimonw
It's mostly because it's hard to be proven if there's any intent at all. Most tackles are grey, biting is clearly very black and white. With it being his 3rd time, the ban needed to be big, because quite clearly he isn't learning, is he?
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 4 2014, 02:10 PM) *
It's mostly because it's hard to be proven if there's any intent at all.

Totti? Song's blatant elbow? Both 3 match bans. Suarez' first bite offence, 7.

Most tackles are grey, biting is clearly very black and white. With it being his 3rd time, the ban needed to be big, because quite clearly he isn't learning, is he?

I agree, he needs help. And I accept the ban had to be big, but not totalitarian. It's also thoroughly inconsistent. He is banned from ALL FOOTBALL-RELATED ACTIVITY ™ (except having a medical for a team, & signing for them).

Can someone explain to me the logic behind the ban where he's banned from the world except bits of it?
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 4 2014, 02:32 PM) *
and I would agree with you, but most of Keane's tackles were done to a player with the ball. If we talk about a court of law situation, it would be difficult for people to prove that Keane's intent was to harm the player, his defence would be that he was just a little late on a challenge. A number of completely fair challenges have ended with a player having a severe injury.

Suarez has no defence though. There is clear intent in all of his bites. He can't claim he was going for the ball or similar.

If bad fouls are worse than biting, then Suarez is good at that too. The first one here is one of the worst attempts to end a players career I've ever seen.

His biting is just the tip of the iceberg really.

Great video kurt, the man is indefensible and despicable on so many levels. And even worse, he dives on all those bad tackles as well to make it look like he's the victim, just like what he did after he bit Chiellini and pretended to have been hit in the mouth.

Hair pulling, kicking a player on the ground, eye poking, high leg challenges intended to hurt the opposing player, awful and nasty two footed lunges on players, tackles that could have easily ended much worse than they did and much more. And on top of that he's a diver and occasional biter
Danny
Meanwhile serial clugger Chiellini is a saint...
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 4 2014, 09:33 PM) *
Meanwhile serial clugger Chiellini is a saint...

I've always been a huge detractor of Chiellini as well, players like him, Suarez, Pepe, et al are no good for the sport
X-Offender
What the heck happened to Bale? He looks like a wrestler.

Danny
Real did to Bale what we tried to do to Pato. And failed horribly. Bale has the body to handle it though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.