Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SP] La Liga 2014-15
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jack Sparrow
They have to play James Rodriguez, and they're going to make a Robinho out of him I fear.
Jack Bauer
I wonder if they will regret letting Alonso go as much as the Makalele departure years ago. Another great loss today biggrin.gif
acid911
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
X-Offender
I really didn't understand James' position tonight. Too lightweight midfield, much confusion upfront. Carlo should switch back to 4-3-3, play Khedira as anchor and bench James.
kurtsimonw
Playing without any kind of ball winner is total madness.
Danny
James is turning into a disaster at Real, which is a Real shame (pun intended) - but quite simply they didn't need him.

They bought him to make a signing for the sake of it.

He doesn't work in this system as it's not built around him. He did best for Colombia as they relied on him solely in Falcao's absence. At club level he wasn't as good at Monaco either because Falcao was the star till the injury. Only 9 goals in 30 appearances at Stade Louis II.

He sparkled at the world cup, and has faded in a system which doesn't suit him.

Meanwhile the team that is Atletico just keeps on coping. I briefly got seduced by their loss of players into believing MAYBE they couldn't sustain it, but Simeone is just that good. They are as strong as they were last season.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 13 2014, 10:40 PM) *
James is turning into a disaster at Real, which is a Real shame (pun intended) - but quite simply they didn't need him.

They bought him to make a signing for the sake of it.

He doesn't work in this system as it's not built around him. He did best for Colombia as they relied on him solely in Falcao's absence. At club level he wasn't as good at Monaco either because Falcao was the star till the injury. Only 9 goals in 30 appearances at Stade Louis II.

He sparkled at the world cup, and has faded in a system which doesn't suit him.

Meanwhile the team that is Atletico just keeps on coping. I briefly got seduced by their loss of players into believing MAYBE they couldn't sustain it, but Simeone is just that good. They are as strong as they were last season.

Well they did make some smart signings to counter the losses imo. But yeah, Simeone is the perfect example of how important a coach is to the team

And agreed on Real, James is a ghost at Real so far, their system is just completely unbalanced though, it's not just him that's struggling, even Ronaldo looked a bit flat footed today
kurtsimonw
9 in 30 isn't terrible for a midfielder really.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 13 2014, 10:22 PM) *
9 in 30 isn't terrible for a midfielder really.

Indeed. Pity he's a striker.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 13 2014, 10:10 PM) *
Well they did make some smart signings to counter the losses imo. But yeah, Simeone is the perfect example of how important a coach is to the team

And agreed on Real, James is a ghost at Real so far, their system is just completely unbalanced though, it's not just him that's struggling, even Ronaldo looked a bit flat footed today

They've strengthened an area which didn't need it, and neglected the spine. Letting Alonso go was beyond ridiculous, and the total lack of improvements in that woeful defence indicates the continuing obsession with getting the shiniest strikers and forwards and failing to make a real team of it.

They were on the right track last season, but they've gone backwards with the window they had.
Danny
PS by 'striker' I mean that's where he played for Colombia. And was electric. He's been getting played out of position everywhere else. I don't see him as a winger/AM at all.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 13 2014, 11:34 PM) *
They've strengthened an area which didn't need it, and neglected the spine. Letting Alonso go was beyond ridiculous, and the total lack of improvements in that woeful defence indicates the continuing obsession with getting the shiniest strikers and forwards and failing to make a real team of it.

They were on the right track last season, but they've gone backwards with the window they had.

Sorry, was talking about Atletico in that first paragraph, not Real, should have been more clear on that. I totally disagree with Real's entire transfer strategy
Danny
I know you were, my reply was to the second part hence mentioning Alonso, for example smile.gif

Real's transfer strategy has been a shambles. They've taken a work in progress which had epic potential and turned it into a grotesque caricature of what they think the fans wanted.

Let go two of their best players and totally imbalanced the team.

Absurd.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 14 2014, 12:36 AM) *
PS by 'striker' I mean that's where he played for Colombia. And was electric. He's been getting played out of position everywhere else. I don't see him as a winger/AM at all.

He played the #10 at Monaco and at the WC. Telo/Martinez played as the striker for Colombia. In fact I think both of them played against Brazil and James played wide left rather than the #10.

As for Madrid's transfer policy. They've still got one of the best squads in World football. Blaming Perez for them only winning 2 out of 5 games is laughable, but Carlo is seemingly immune to blame in these parts.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 14 2014, 05:38 AM) *
He played the #10 at Monaco and at the WC. Telo/Martinez played as the striker for Colombia. In fact I think both of them played against Brazil and James played wide left rather than the #10.

As for Madrid's transfer policy. They've still got one of the best squads in World football. Blaming Perez for them only winning 2 out of 5 games is laughable, but Carlo is seemingly immune to blame in these parts.

Having a flashy squad with top names doesn't translate to greatness on the pitch.

I don't see Carlo as being at fault here because he has his hands tied. He has to play the new signings (Kroos and James) that's not even an option, and by doing so he's lost the entire balance of the team. Carlo lost 2 of the most crucial elements of his squad this summer, just because they didn't sell enough shirts and he had no say in it, because if he did, I'm sure he wouldn't have allowed it to happen.

He's been forced to change formation to fit all the golacticos into the team and has to play with no clear defensively inclined player in midfield. All because of the transfer policy that Perez employs.
X-Offender
Di Maria's sale was Perez's doing, everyone knows that. But Carlo should have been more persistent with Xabi Alonso, or at least he should have asked for a direct replacement, otherwise he should play Khedira as anchor. Instead, he's opting for this very strange line-up, which completely lacks balance among other things. Even when he was at Milan and had the various Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Kaká etc. he still always played a ball-winning mid, be it Rino, Ambro or Brocchi.

But going back to De Maria, he should have never been sold. Yes, there were conflicts between him and the club in regards to his demands, but a compromise should have been reached for the benefit of the team. Perez just went with the easy solution and sold him. Even Kroos, regardless of how talented he is, cannot be considered an adequate replacement because he lacks work rate and speed. Don't get me even started on James...
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 14 2014, 04:38 AM) *

Transfer policy stinks though. I am with you on Carlo's previous not making the most of the resources he has, but at the same time they've gone top heavy on forwards and totally neglected the defence. It's like having the best bullets money can buy, but only a rusty knackered gun to put them in.
Milan Are Brilliant
Really can't see Cristiano there for too much longer either now to be honest.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Sep 14 2014, 11:53 AM) *
Really can't see Cristiano there for too much longer either now to be honest.

Hmm, you really think he'll go back to United? Can't imagine him in another EPL club tbh

I personally can't wait until he's 34/35 and we sign him biggrin.gif
milanbuf88
I think given time Carlo can get Real playing better. I don't know that they will be as good as last year since they had fantastic balance last year but they will certainly be playing better than now in a months time. Really he should be sitting Kroos and James until they get more practice with the team. I'm sure Perez has demanded they start from the beginning. They are both good players but not direct replacements in style for Alonso and Di Maria. The team will have to adjust and play differently.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2014, 02:52 PM) *
Hmm, you really think he'll go back to United? Can't imagine him in another EPL club tbh

Agree, think it would be between them & PSG (due to £££) if he were to move. United would be the obvious choice if they wanted to put the money down though they have far more pressing issues.

Just seems very much similar to what went down when he wanted to leave United now. There's a fair chance imo at this stage that he will be on the move in the summer.
kurtsimonw
As X-Off said, Khedira should be playing. Even if he is forced to play certain players, there's still room for a DM.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 14 2014, 05:54 PM) *
As X-Off said, Khedira should be playing. Even if he is forced to play certain players, there's still room for a DM.

If they want him to play both Kroos and James I really can't see where Khedira can fit in... I wouldn't bench Modric to play Kroos personally speaking
kurtsimonw
You bench Modric to play Khedira. If he's refusing to bench Modric and has to play the others, then he's creating problems for himself.

I don't think it's true he has to play certain players anyways. In the Super Cup James was on the bench in the first game, Ronaldo on the bench the second.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 14 2014, 06:42 PM) *
You bench Modric to play Khedira. If he's refusing to bench Modric and has to play the others, then he's creating problems for himself.

I don't think it's true he has to play certain players anyways. In the Super Cup James was on the bench in the first game, Ronaldo on the bench the second.

Modric is the best player they have in midfield, I would never bench him.
kurtsimonw
If he's the only one that can be benched for Khedira, then you have to. Unless you don't want to keep your job very long. The idea he has to play certain players is false anyway, Ancelotti is stubborn and we all know this from experience.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 14 2014, 07:35 PM) *
If he's the only one that can be benched for Khedira, then you have to. Unless you don't want to keep your job very long. The idea he has to play certain players is false anyway, Ancelotti is stubborn and we all know this from experience.

Carlo can also become very pragmatic on his day as well, which is why I refuse to believe that he's come to the conclusion to not play any sort of ball winner in his midfield without some external pressure.

Also isn't Khedira injured atm?
Jack Bauer
Yes, he's sidelined for six weeks.
X-Offender
Then they're f*cked.
Fillipo Simone
Bench Modrić for Khedira. No way. Carlo has to find a way to play both (when available). But well, I'm sorry for him. He found the ideal mix last season and now the management decided to tamper with it and well...
X-Offender
Modric - Khedira - Kroos
Bale - Benzema - Ronaldo

or

Modric - Khedira
Bale - James - Ronaldo
Benzema

I prefer the second, but only if James steps up. So far he's been horrible.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2014, 11:05 PM) *
Modric - Khedira - Kroos
Bale - Benzema - Ronaldo

or

Modric - Khedira
Bale - James - Ronaldo
Benzema

I prefer the second, but only if James steps up. So far he's been horrible.

Kroos is just so slow and slightly lazy imo, doesn't really do a lot of defensive covering. He's just not suited for a 4-2-3-1. I agree that he should only be used in a midfield 3 not a double pivot.

And no way would Carlo ever drop Modric just to accomodate either Kroos or James, he's vital for his system.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 15 2014, 12:05 AM) *
Modric - Khedira - Kroos
Bale - James- Ronaldo

I'd do this personally. I've never rated Benzema that highly and Madrid fans don't seem to like him, getting whistles and boos at the derby game this weekend.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 15 2014, 09:59 AM) *
I'd do this personally. I've never rated Benzema that highly and Madrid fans don't seem to like him, getting whistles and boos at the derby game this weekend.

Guys, guys,

The problem is that Carlo has not DM at the moment. Khedira is out injured, and I think so is Illaramendi. Either that or Illaramendi is really crap.

So he has on paper, two players for one position - that of DM ,but both are out injured. sad.gif We better hide De Jong in January. People are going to come calling.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 15 2014, 06:57 AM) *
Guys, guys,

The problem is that Carlo has not DM at the moment. Khedira is out injured, and I think so is Illaramendi. Either that or Illaramendi is really crap.

So he has on paper, two players for one position - that of DM ,but both are out injured. sad.gif We better hide De Jong in January. People are going to come calling.

We need to renew his contract ASAP! Shouldn't have even let it run down this long.

I hope this doesn't become another typical Galliani mistake. He just cannot let his contract linger as is until the summer. Same goes with Abate
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 15 2014, 06:57 AM) *
Guys, guys,

Illarramendi is more of a CM than DM, like Modric and Kroos. They need a ball winner in there. Even frigging Barça have one.
kurtsimonw
Yeah its probably the most crucial position in modern day football to be honest.
X-Offender
Deportivo 2-8 Real

WTF?!
Fillipo Simone
Primera, Primera...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 20 2014, 05:58 PM) *
Deportivo 2-8 Real

WTF?!

Best league in the world!!!!
X-Offender
Madrid have scored 18 goals in their last three games! blink.gif
Fillipo Simone
Again - Primera, Primera...
X-Offender
Yeah, I know, but it's still very impressive. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
9 goals in 4 games for Ronaldo. laugh.gif At this point there's no debate for 1st, it's just whether Messi is holding on for 2nd.
X-Offender
You're loving it, aren't you? wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
I like Messi's new role. He's now become more of your classic #10. I still dislike Barca though. I always have. Ever since we thrashed them with Capello, I've looked down upon them and their holier than thou attitude. Football was not invented when Johann Cryuff kicked a ball you punks, get off your high horse! dry.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 24 2014, 08:08 AM) *
I like Messi's new role. He's now become more of your classic #10. I still dislike Barca though. I always have. Ever since we thrashed them with Capello, I've looked down upon them and their holier than thou attitude. Football was not invented when Johann Cryuff kicked a ball you punks, get off your high horse! dry.gif

I don't think it's a new role. He's playing in the same position, he's just had a very bad 9 or 10 months by his standards.
Jack Sparrow
Same position, but I'm pretty sure it's a different role. He's not that false 9 role. More of a CAM.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 24 2014, 10:23 AM) *
Same position, but I'm pretty sure it's a different role. He's not that false 9 role. More of a CAM.

Yeah, I think so too. They're probably getting ready for Suarez's return, who will most definitely cover the CF position.
kurtsimonw
I can't see Barca changing from the 4-3-3 with Messi in the middle. Suarez will play on the right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.