Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2014, 12:45 PM) *
Iturbe is a winger, isn't he?

Yes.
Bluesummers
When's the vote
dst
So Tavecchio has been elected... I hope Italian football truly suffers, they deserve it. Well it's what most probably is gonna happen anyway, it's not just my hope.
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 11 2014, 10:40 PM) *
So Tavecchio has been elected... I hope Italian football truly suffers, they deserve it. Well it's what most probably is gonna happen anyway, it's not just my hope.

sad.gif sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
It's a damn shame, really embarrassing.
Rossoneri7
PALLOTTA GAINS FULL CONTROL OF ROMA

James Pallotta has taken 100 per cent control of Roma after buying out Italian bank UniCredit's shares in the Serie A runner-up.

The American was part of a consortium which bought the capital club in 2010, and became president in 2012 when Thomas DiBenedetto stepped aside.

And with a new stadium on the way for Roma, the Americans now have full say over affairs at the club, having spent $47.68 million on UniCredit's shares.

A statement read: "UniCredit S.p.A., AS Roma SPV, LLC, and Raptor Holdco LLC, an affiliate of AS Roma SPV, LLC, inform that on the date hereof they have entered into a Share Purchase Agreement by which UniCredit S.p.A. transferred to AS Roma SPV, LLC its entire participation held in the capital stock of NEEP Roma Holding S.p.A. (the controlling company of A.S. Roma S.p.A.) for consideration in the amount of €33,000,000, which has been paid in full at the closing of the transaction.

"As a consequence of such sale AS Roma SPV, LLC increases its interest in NEEP Roma Holding S.p.A., directly and indirectly via Raptor Holdco LLC, to 100% of the stock capital of NEEP Roma Holding S.p.A.

"In the same context UniCredit S.p.A., AS Roma SPV, LLC and Raptor Holdco LLC terminated the shareholders agreement related to NEEP Roma Holding S.p.A. entered into on 18 August 2011 and subsequently amended and integrated (also by means of the accession of Raptor Holdco LLC) on 1 August 2013."

The American consortium own an effective 78% of the club, with 22% with supporters.

The bank took a haircut from the value of their share being 50M to 33M to conclude the transfer of ownership.

Roma's new owners have outlined that the new stadium should be ready for the start of the 2016/17 season.
kurtsimonw
Good news.
X-Offender
We're so far behind. As long as these clowns continue running us, we'll never be able to compete.
kurtsimonw
I see Di Natale has scored a hat-trick, I thought he was retiring after last season?
Fillipo Simone
Apparently, not. He changed his mind in May.

So, Pogba and Vidal are obviously staying at Juve. Why did Conte then resign?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 24 2014, 09:35 PM) *

Because he wanted a couple of big name signings to compete for the CL and the club couldn't satisfy him.
Jack Bauer
And he wanted to coach the Azzurri as well.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 24 2014, 10:35 PM) *
Apparently, not. He changed his mind in May.

Lack of investment on new signings? I could be wrong, I really don't remember who they've signed this summer.
Jack Sparrow
Pirlo is out for a month. He picked a knock during the Trofeo TIM. Allegri seems to have brought along bad luck. sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 28 2014, 03:06 PM) *
Pirlo is out for a month. He picked a knock during the Trofeo TIM. Allegri seems to have brought along bad luck. sad.gif

Menez did that to him IIRC

At least he'll most likely miss the game against us
kurtsimonw
Roma-Fiorentina should be a good watch, 2 of the better sides to watch from last season.
X-Offender
Chievo play some horrendous football.
KillerMax
Watching Roma Fiorentina...
William405
Me too. ^^
X-Offender
Can't find a decent stream...
William405
Roma looking really really good attacking wise.

Viola hit the post from a freekick!

Edit: Babacar comes very close to scoring...
Forza Milan!
Roma does look good. They did better in the 1st half, Fiorentina is putting up more of a fight now, but they are missing a couple of key players.

Edit: Iturbe just subbed out, I think he did quite well.
han2503
Roma's midfield is just ridiculously good, I'd kill to have just one of those players in our squad
William405
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Aug 30 2014, 11:21 PM) *
Roma does look good. They did better in the 1st half, Fiorentina is putting up more of a fight now, but they are missing a couple of key players.

Edit: Iturbe just subbed out, I think he did quite well.

Yep..Viola were much better in that second half...if Rossi and Guardado were there it might have been a totally different ball game.
Iturbe impressed..but let's not forget Pjanic. That guy is seriously good!
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2014, 03:40 PM) *
Roma's midfield is just ridiculously good, I'd kill to have just one of those players in our squad

Nainggolan, Strootman, De Rossi, Iturbe, Pjanic, Florenzi....

sad.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2014, 09:40 PM) *

We could, in a way. De Jong-Poli-Honda is not that much different than De Rossi-Naingggolan-Pjanic. In fact, player per player, they're all copies of each other.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2014, 03:49 PM) *
We could, in a way. De Jong-Poli-Honda is not that much different than De Rossi-Naingggolan-Pjanic. In fact, player per player, they're all copies of each other.

WOW. Haven't had to disagree with you this hard in a LONG time. De jong is outdated version of strootman and that is the closes thing we have to their midfield. The other players aren't even close.
KillerMax
I'm just gonna rate our midfield and theirs from 0-99

Roma:
Nainggolan: 81
Strootman: 84
De Rossi: 91
Iturbe: 83
Pjanic: 87
Florenzi: 79 (with big potential)
Total: 505

Milan:
De Jong: 80
Honda: 76
Poli: 76
Montolivo: 79
Muntari: 74
Saponara: 71
Total: 456
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 30 2014, 09:48 PM) *
Nainggolan, Strootman, De Rossi, Iturbe, Pjanic, Florenzi....

sad.gif

Strootman and Pjanic would be the dream of course, but Niangolan and Florenzi would also be great, funny thing is we were close to signing Radja last winter and we backed out - as usual - because of the price and - as usual - Roma swooped in and signed a player we had targeted and wasted months pissing off their club and agent with our transfer "strategies"

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2014, 09:49 PM) *

They are similar, but quality wise the Roma trio are heads and shoulders above ours. Honda is the only one who comes close technique and quality wise, which becomes a moot point as well since we seem hell bent on wasting him out wide
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 30 2014, 10:03 PM) *
I'm just gonna rate our midfield and theirs from 0-99

Roma:
Nainggolan: 83
Strootman: 81
De Rossi: 91
Total: 504

Milan:
Honda: 76
Poli: 76
Muntari: 74
Total: 456

I don't think De Rossi can be rated that high anymore, he's easily one of my favourite players of the last decade or so, but he's declined quite a bit in these last few years

Also, with ours Muntari should be in the 60s, he's just so bad and such a liability to our team, and Monto should be 80 or 81 imo. Honda also should be slightly above Poli by one or 2 points. The rest is pretty spot on. I wonder why we haven't tried to offer Roma some decent money for Florenzi, there's so much talent in their midfield he won't have much space, while here he'd be an instant starter
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 30 2014, 09:50 PM) *
WOW. Haven't had to disagree with you this hard in a LONG time. De jong is outdated version of strootman and that is the closes thing we have to their midfield. The other players aren't even close.

I'm talking in terms of player characteristics. They're the same. Obviously Roma's midfield is far superior when it comes to quality. But really, player per player, De Jong is absolutely not inferior to De Rossi as anchor, Poli and Nainggolan are identical players, and Honda and Pjanic are both small, hard-working, left-footed AMs with a flair for creativity.
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2014, 04:07 PM) *
I don't think De Rossi can be rated that high anymore, he's easily one of my favourite players of the last decade or so, but he's declined quite a bit in these last few years

Also, with ours Muntari should be in the 60s, he's just so bad and such a liability to our team, and Monto should be 80 or 81 imo. Honda also should be slightly above Poli by one or 2 points. The rest is pretty spot on. I wonder why we haven't tried to offer Roma some decent money for Florenzi, there's so much talent in their midfield he won't have much space, while here he'd be an instant starter

Alright I'm gonna update it. But Monto stays the same IMO. He just never has been able to take that next step in quality and that's why he stays under 80. I already changed Nainggolan and Stroorman a bit as I thought back to last season, I remember Strootman was really solid and consistent while Nainggolan does lack a bit of concentration.

Updated list:

Roma:
Nainggolan: 81
Strootman: 84
De Rossi: 88
Total: 502

Milan:
Honda: 77
Poli: 75
Muntari: 72
Total: 454
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2014, 04:08 PM) *
I'm talking in terms of player characteristics. They're the same. Obviously Roma's midfield is far superior when it comes to quality. But really, player per player, De Jong is absolutely not inferior to De Rossi as anchor, Poli and Nainggolan are identical players, and Honda and Pjanic are both small, hard-working, left-footed AMs with a flair for creativity.

Thank god. Because I've come to trust your opinions. But what kind of comparison is that? I can compare Roma's midfield to a local Iranian club in terms of characteristic too...
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 30 2014, 10:20 PM) *
Thank god. Because I've come to trust your opinions. But what kind of comparison is that? I can compare Roma's midfield to a local Iranian club in terms of characteristic too...

To show that just like it's working for Roma, it could work for us too, and that if Pjanic can play in a midfield three, so can Honda for us.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2014, 05:52 PM) *
To show that just like it's working for Roma, it could work for us too, and that if Pjanic can play in a midfield three, so can Honda for us.

Yeah I've given up on the idea of Honda playing centrally at this point but as han mentioned, playing Menez as a false 9 does give Honda some freedom to roam centrally. I guess that's the best we are gonna get for now in that regard.
X-Offender
Very disappointing display from Inter.
Fillipo Simone
You mean very pleasing, right?
Jack Sparrow
So Rossi for Fiorentina was given a negative prognosis by doctors. Looks like his initial surgery didn't go well since he had pre-season discomfort.

I feel like a jerk, but I'm secretly happy about this. With the Viola keeping Cuadrado, Rossi being away puts them at a slight disadvantage.

With our team, we don't just need to be at our best, we need the others to be at below par to make Europe.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 1 2014, 01:21 AM) *
You mean very pleasing, right?

biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
GdS: Transfer market campaign ratings (scale: 1-10):
Roma: 8.
Juventus: 7,5.
Milan: 7+.
Inter, Fiorentina and Verona: 7.
Napoli: 5,5.
han2503
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 2 2014, 02:48 AM) *
GdS: Transfer market campaign ratings (scale: 1-10):
Roma: 8.
Juventus: 7,5.
Milan: 7+.
Inter, Fiorentina and Verona: 7.
Napoli: 5,5.

I wonder what Juve got a 7.5 for... They didn't really improve all that much and signed Morata for a ridiculous fee
Jack Sparrow
^^

Honestly I think they're getting credit for holding on to Pogba and Vidal. That's just cheating. We held on to De Sciglio and El Sharaawy. rolleyes.gif

It's assumed that they will win the league because they've the same strength team plus Morata. I'd like to see how long they will hold on to Vidal and Pogba. I expect one to head to Man Utd and the other to PSG in a year's time.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 2 2014, 10:48 AM) *
^^

Honestly I think they're getting credit for holding on to Pogba and Vidal. That's just cheating. We held on to De Sciglio and El Sharaawy. rolleyes.gif

It's assumed that they will win the league because they've the same strength team plus Morata. I'd like to see how long they will hold on to Vidal and Pogba. I expect one to head to Man Utd and the other to PSG in a year's time.

Such a shame that Serie A has been reduced to this, it's best clubs have become selling clubs to the English and French leagues.
There was a time when we would have been the ones sending Chelsea out washed up star, not the other way around
kurtsimonw
Juve's overall net spend was 5m, I think they got + marks for selling players they didn't use too much for decent money. They made 15.5m for Immobile and Zaza.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2014, 12:45 PM) *
Juve's overall net spend was 5m, I think they got + marks for selling players they didn't use too much for decent money. They made 15.5m for Immobile and Zaza.

Do you know what they paid to get Morata?

I know it's a pretty complicated deal and Real could swoop in in 2 years' time a take him back for a set fee IIRC
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2014, 02:20 PM) *
Do you know what they paid to get Morata?

I know it's a pretty complicated deal and Real could swoop in in 2 years' time a take him back for a set fee IIRC

20m wasn't?
kurtsimonw
Just watched the highlights of the weekends games. Juve started someone called Kingsley Coman... who!?
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2014, 02:21 PM) *
Just watched the highlights of the weekends games. Juve started someone called Kingsley Coman... who!?

They're saying he's the next Pogba (in terms of progression not type of player)

He's a striker I think, got him free off of PSG.

And 20m for Morata is ridiculous money imo.

I really don't think their transfer market demanded anything more than a 6. Keeping your best assets when you're Italian champions should be a given, not something that is applauded
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2014, 05:57 PM) *
And 20m for Morata is ridiculous money imo.

Meh, 20m for a striker who barely played and had a good strike rate at 20 years of age. In todays market it's about right IMO.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2014, 05:16 PM) *
Meh, 20m for a striker who barely played and had a good strike rate at 20 years of age. In todays market it's about right IMO.

And yet we sold Balo for the same sum, which just boggles the mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.