Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CL - Round of Last 16 - Milan - Tottenham
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Rossoneri7
FORZA MILAN ! devil.gif

EDIT: I don't believe Bale is a deciding factor, sure he gives them more options and increases their quality all around ... But we also don't have Pirlo, so 96.gif
Rossoneri7
If we loose this one .. Blame it on han !
X-Offender
FORZA MILAN!!!

Really hyped for this game. 96.gif
kurtsimonw
Word is that Bale might be back. Just play a deep line and we should be fine, he's a kick and run player so if there's no space behind the defense he gets a bit lost.

I fail to see how they will cope with our forward players, they're a bit of a mess defensively with a clown as a keeper.

3-1 Milan.

I really hope we smash them, especially with Redknapp's "I'd rather have them than Copenhagen as they would be a potential banana skin". Shut up you tax dodging ****.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 13 2011, 06:34 PM) *
I really hope we smash them, especially with Redknapp's "I'd rather have them than Copenhagen as they would be a potential banana skin". Shut up you tax dodging ****.

He really said that??? ohmy.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
We will go through the tie. Tottenham aren't that great. Bale isn't that great. Out of all the English clubs this is the one I would want.

The ones to look out for are VDV and Modric (if they play), if they dictate the play we could be in trouble.

We ideally need to take a lead from the 1st leg and hopefully a clean sheet, though I doubt the latter.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 13 2011, 09:16 PM) *
We will go through the tie. Tottenham aren't that great. Bale isn't that great. Out of all the English clubs this is the one I would want.

+1. I'm not that worried about them. We need to demolish VDV and we'll be fine.

BTW Boateng is almost fit. Might be ready for Sunday game vs Chievo.
Darunia
I would go with this lineup:

Abbiati
Oddo Nesta Thiago Silva Antonini
Gattuso Flamini Seedorf
Robinho
Pato Ibra

I don't think Merkel is ready for this type of game yet, we don't have many other options in midfield..
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 13 2011, 05:12 PM) *
If we loose this one .. Blame it on han !

What what what???

Why blame it on me??? dry.gif

I'd go with something like this

Oddo--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Rino--Flamini
Pato--Seedorf--Robinho
Ibra

Ask Pato and Robs to track back and help out their FBs when Flamini and Rino have to keep tabs on Modric and VdV and play through the middle, were imo their at their weakest defensively
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 13 2011, 04:42 PM) *
He really said that??? ohmy.gif

"And Milan is a good draw. I would rather have them than Copenhagen. I thought that would have been a banana skin. People would have said `well, they are going to get through now, and if they don't it's a disaster'."

"Milan is a massive club, a great game to look forward to, and if we can make sure we are still in the tie when they come back to White Hart land it will be another great night."

"They have a lot of great players, top, top players. They are a good side. But they are not unbeatable and over the two legs we have a good chance."

Daily Mail

I'm sure over the coming weeks, those of you on here that aren't from England and subjected to his face 24/7 will understand why I hate this man more than anybody else in football.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 13 2011, 08:58 PM) *
I'd go with something like this

Oddo--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Rino--Flamini
Pato--Seedorf--Robinho
Ibra

+1
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 13 2011, 07:00 PM) *
"And Milan is a good draw. I would rather have them than Copenhagen. I thought that would have been a banana skin. People would have said `well, they are going to get through now, and if they don't it's a disaster'."

"Milan is a massive club, a great game to look forward to, and if we can make sure we are still in the tie when they come back to White Hart land it will be another great night."

"They have a lot of great players, top, top players. They are a good side. But they are not unbeatable and over the two legs we have a good chance."

Pretty sure Redknapp just complimented Milan in that statement. Many have said we are a club living off history, too old, with players no where near the calibre of what they were in the 90's.

He didn't say he'd rather have Copenhagen than us because it's an easier tie! It's because we are a "massive club, a great game to look forward to, and if we can make sure we are still in the tie when they come back to White Hart land it will be another great night". "They have a lot of great players, top, top players. They are a good side". Spurs haven't been in a competition like this (at least not that I can remember) and to play the 2nd most successful team in the world within it home & away is massive for them and that's the point he is getting across.

Yes he said they have a 'good' chance but he is their manager. What is he meant to say 'Nope we have no chance, in fact I'm not even sure why we're bothering to travel to Milan, actually I'm ringing Platini and telling him to give Milan a bye'.

I don't really see how he is being offensive in that quote at all in all honesty.
dst
So what does everyone think? I believe we'll be kicked out.
X-Offender
^ I agree with that. I actually found his statement a compliment rather than an offense.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 14 2011, 01:47 AM) *

Nah, and I'm not being naive. We should go through this.

Bale as Kurt said is a kick and run player, knocks the ball 6 ft in front of him runs and continues he's not like Kaka used to be, we just need to get into him, and he's not going to be fully fit (if he does play in the 1st leg).

The ones that really worry me are VDV and Modric, if they are allowed time they will hurt us they are Spurs real World Class players no matter what is said about Bale.

I can see us losing the 2nd leg but going through by the odd goal or even away goals. It won't be easy but in the end I expect us to go through.
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 14 2011, 03:47 AM) *

It depends. I think it's fair to say we start as favorites. We showed a great condition against Parma, and if we manage to implement the same performance in tomorrow's game, things could turn out nicely.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 14 2011, 01:40 AM) *
I don't really see how he is being offensive in that quote at all in all honesty.

I didn't say he said anything offensive.

But saying he'd rather play Milan than Copenhagen - because Copenhagen is a potential banana skin - is not exactly flattery towards us is it? What, and Milan don't have the potential to make Spurs slip up? If so, why even mentioned Copenhagen, what's the relavance?

He's a ****. He realised he said something very negative against Milan and then backtracked by saying they're a massive club, etc, etc.
Milan Are Brilliant
Moved my response to here.

Don't want to turn this thread into an EPL thread!
Dracoris
I almost like Han's formation but I just dont see Pato dropping to defense enough for it to work
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Feb 14 2011, 02:57 AM) *
I almost like Han's formation but I just dont see Pato dropping to defense enough for it to work

Even if he doesn't, Robinho will help out and that'd mean there's 7 players who're working hard defensively. Should be enough at home against a team who'll probably go 4-5-1.
X-Offender
Han's formation (which I originally brought up, mind you tongue.gif ) would be ideal considering our injuries. We don't really have someone to play in front of the defense, as Pirlo, Ambrosini and Van Bommel are all unavailable. But if we play Gattuso and Flamini as a levee and let the others upfront do their magic, well, it's the best shot we've got at a proper formation.
han2503
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Feb 14 2011, 03:57 AM) *

Well he'll just have to sacrifice himself for the team a bit. Pato has come under massive pressure this last month, seemingly being criticised for everything he does, but he's working hard when he's on the pitch, he's trying to improve his work rate and trying to link up more with Ibra. If Allegri tels him that he needs to track back and help our his FB then I'm sure he'll do it. And if there is anyone with a big game goal in him from our front 3 then it's Pato imo

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 14 2011, 04:28 AM) *
Even if he doesn't, Robinho will help out and that'd mean there's 7 players who're working hard defensively. Should be enough at home against a team who'll probably go 4-5-1.

Agreed

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 14 2011, 04:40 AM) *
Han's formation (which I originally brought up, mind you tongue.gif ) would be ideal considering our injuries. We don't really have someone to play in front of the defense, as Pirlo, Ambrosini and Van Bommel are all unavailable. But if we play Gattuso and Flamini as a levee and let the others upfront do their magic, well, it's the best shot we've got at a proper formation.

dry.gif I never saw you copyright it!

tongue.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Harry Redknapp)
"I'd like to be able to scare Milan and say he's going to be available, but he's not," he told Sky Sports News.

Scare Milan with Bale biggrin.gif Overrate much?
Jack Sparrow
Really. I mean this is the Milan who did go up against Man U with CR and beat them 3-0 right? And CR was much bigger than Bale right?
Jack Bauer
Abbiati, Amelia, Abate, Antonini, Jankulovski, Legrottaglie, Nesta, Oddo, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Flamini, Gattuso, Merkel, Seedorf, Strasser, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Robinho.

Indisponibili: Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Inzaghi
Non convocati: Boateng, Bonera

I'm actually relieved that Bonera is not called up.
William405
Nice to see Strasser,and Abate back from injury;although,they won't probably play...

Also,I would like something likeeee this...

Nesta--Yepes--Thiago
Flamini--Gattuso--Seedorf--Abate
Robinho
Pato-Ibra

So I'll explain bit my view of this

Yepes in the heart of defense,solid as a rock,and no crosses passing through.
Nesta,and Thiago also in the heart of defense also but may shift a little bid towards their side.
Flamini,and Abate are wingbacks(that's what you call them right?)
Gattuso wins the ball in the heart of midfeild,and Seedorf starts the attack.
Robinho works like a dog as always,he has a great workrate,so he can even help in the midfeild battle.

and Ibra does his magic.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 14 2011, 09:55 PM) *
Really. I mean this is the Milan who did go up against Man U with CR and beat them 3-0 right? And CR was much bigger than Bale right?

Well Bale wasn't Doofus Duck the last time I checked. rolleyes.gif He can still turn it on, and if not by himself, cross the ball in for Totts attack to slot it in. A Gareth Bale on his on-day is more lethal than CR on his off-day. FACT.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 14 2011, 12:12 PM) *
Nice to see Strasser,and Abate back from injury;although,they won't probably play...

Nesta--Yepes--Thiago
Robinho
Pato-Ibra

So I'll explain bit my view of this

Yepes in the heart of defense,solid as a rock,and no crosses passing through.
Nesta,and Thiago also in the heart of defense also but may shift a little bid towards their side.
Flamini,and Abate are wingbacks(that's what you call them right?)
Gattuso wins the ball in the heart of midfeild,and Seedorf starts the attack.
Robinho works like a dog as always,he has a great workrate,so he can even help in the midfeild battle.

and Ibra does his magic.

Not that this would Ever(!) happen, but seedorf and rino would be smothered by the 5 man midfield harry's planning. i can see this as being our #1 weakness.
William405
Erm,I put Seedorf their but I think Merkel could work their maybe,and it would be fine.
I think Gattuso can handle Tottenham's midfeild ;p

X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 14 2011, 07:12 PM) *

Nesta--Yepes--Thiago
Robinho
Pato-Ibra

Not wanting to sound rude, but that's a line-up only someone drunk would come up with. The players are right, but the way you've drawn the formation is somewhat illogical. We've never played with a 3-man defense and never will. Gattuso and Seedorf in front of the defense would get squashed like cockroaches. Abate is right-footed and Flamini is not a wingback. How did you come up with something like that?
X-Offender
Oh, and by the way, Studio Sport's suggested line-up for tomorrow is:

Abbiati
Oddo - Nesta - Yepes - Antonini
Gattuso - T. Silva - Flamini
Seedorf
Robinho - Ibrahimovic

Me not likeeeee.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 14 2011, 08:12 PM) *
Oh, and by the way, Studio Sport's suggested line-up for tomorrow is:

Abbiati
Oddo - Nesta - Yepes - Antonini
Gattuso - T. Silva - Flamini
Seedorf
Robinho - Ibrahimovic

Me not likeeeee.

Pato on the bench??
Thiago removed from defense where we will adsolutely need him imo if we want to get past this tie.
CrazyMilanFan
we need nesta-silva partnership at CB. will be shocked if we mess up on CB partnership.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 14 2011, 05:20 PM) *
A Gareth Bale on his on-day is more lethal than CR on his off-day. FACT.

Pity that Gareth Bale has about as many 'on-days' as Ricardo Oliveira in a Milan shirt.

It's laughable the comparison between these 2, it's like comparing a league two player with a Premiership player.
Dracoris
If thats true, I'd be another signature Allegri move. I think this is a massive game for him in terms of coaching stature. Yepes is a pretty decent CB and is in form, so all is not lost but this is not our best formation IMO.
X-Offender
Oh, I forgot to mention, got the ticket for tomorrow's game! devilsmiley.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 14 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Oh, I forgot to mention, got the ticket for tomorrow's game! devilsmiley.gif

Tell Harry that Kurt wishes him all the best.
X-Offender
I will. biggrin.gif
Darunia
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 14 2011, 01:30 PM) *
we need nesta-silva partnership at CB. will be shocked if we mess up on CB partnership.

To be honest, Silva-Yepes would give me more comfort since they have been playing well together and Nesta just came back. That being said, I don't think Nesta will be dropped.
X-Offender
Nesta-Thiago for life!!!
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 15 2011, 12:54 AM) *
Pity that Gareth Bale has about as many 'on-days' as Ricardo Oliveira in a Milan shirt.
It's laughable the comparison between these 2, it's like comparing a league two player with a Premiership player.

I know, pretty much everyone who follow EPL know what Bale is capable (or not capable of). unsure.gif What I meant is that if he somehow turned it on (it is the big Champions League night, after all), then that could be troubling for any team to try and contain him. He isn't nearly as talented as some people and sections of the media make him out to be, but my point is that he is no slouch either.

It depends on what sort of a player turns up that day. And if we want to go to the next round, we should be ready to take it heads on, as opposed to being surprised like our match against Arsenal in San Siro circa 2008.
Zed.D
The only thing about Spurs (and EPL teams in general) that worries me is their speed. I hope we do something clever to stop them (although with Turtle and Rhino, I doubt it'll pay off)
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 15 2011, 03:52 AM) *
The only thing about Spurs (and EPL teams in general) that worries me is their speed. I hope we do something clever to stop them.

+1
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 15 2011, 07:30 AM) *
I know, pretty much everyone who follow EPL know what Bale is capable (or not capable of). unsure.gif What I meant is that if he somehow turned it on (it is the big Champions League night, after all), then that could be troubling for any team to try and contain him. He isn't nearly as talented as some people and sections of the media make him out to be, but my point is that he is no slouch either.

In my mind at this moment in time Bale is like Mancini (Roma and the one we had last year), yes he's got talent, yes he's scored a few flashy goals but can easily fade out of games and is quite comfortable to keep under control using the right tactics.

Bale hasn't done this for years, it's amazing in this country how everyone said to prove CR7 is World Class he needs to do it against big teams across a number of years. Yet Bale has 2 great performances and is suddenly labelled the best left midfielder in the world. It's the usual British hype, I have no idea why the rest of the world seems to be on it as well. I guess if they've only seen the games against Inter they could think he is insanely good, as they're unlikely to see Spurs on a regular basis and they have no chance of seeing a Wales game. It's amazing to think pre-Inter people were saying Bale hasn't ever fulfilled his potential!

I've said it numerous times and I'll say it again, the real problems we have are VDV & Modric. I also believe Lennon may hurt us with his blistering pace, seeing as everyone seems to have overlooked him in comparison to others in the Spurs team.
acid911
Agreed. smile.gif And truth is that that for a 21 year-old player there is still time for him to gain the necessary experience and lift his game to world class. As of right now there is potential. Potential and lots and lots of hype (which I don't buy). Sure on his good days, his runs are lethal, but a complete player he is not. Yet.

And as for Ronaldo (the crying variety), he is without doubt the best player in the world at the moment, IMO. With Messi a second. CR7 can do everything there is, epic free kicks, as well as make thrilling runs from half a mile out into the box. wink.gif And a big part of that is because of his strong build and frame. Messi has done awfully well for himself, but he will always be a one-dimensional player for me.

Of course, it is tough to compare both apples-to-apples. Messi plays in a set team, with high amount of chemistry between the players, while Cristiano has new faces and an unstable team. On the NT side of things, even though the Messi plays in one of the bets teams in the world, his performance has been lackluster. Same for CR7 in a way, but at least he can say that his team lacks the flash, legacy, and experience of Argentina. So in reality, it is the case of two player being in an entirely different system, and then there is work-rate and dedication that may be different.

All said and done, no one can say CR7 has to prove anything now. rolleyes.gif 50 goals in 52 appearances for Real Madrid is nothing to be scoffed at. And for the sake of this thread, I'll leave it at that. Bale though still has to, and while his performances have been wildly fluctuating, there still is chance. We'll see where the guy is at when he is at his peak, 25, 26 years of age. Unneeded hype, I agree, which should not be there. For the record, I don't think of him as the best left back in the world at this time. Far from it.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 15 2011, 11:53 AM) *
I've said it numerous times and I'll say it again, the real problems we have are VDV & Modric. I also believe Lennon may hurt us with his blistering pace, seeing as everyone seems to have overlooked him in comparison to others in the Spurs team.

Modric is not completely fit yet.
Croatia playmaker Luka Modric is not expected to feature, though, after undergoing surgery to have his appendix removed on 1st February.

"Luka could be just a bit short," Redknapp said. "It's only nine or 10 days ago that he had the operation. I don't think he'll play

Agree about VDV. Playing Silva in midfield might not be a bad idea. He can take him out.
Milan Are Brilliant
You posted that acid? On MF are you crazy?!

I like Ronaldo, not his attitude but as a player I think he's fantastic. I would say he's the best player that's ever graced the EPL in all honesty. He probably has the perfect body for football, I mean I'd say he's roughly 6ft so not too tall, not too short and he's built incredibly well. Some of that has to go down to Fergie because if you saw him when he came over when he was 18 he was incredibly weak in his physique. Obviously Messi at 5ft 6/7 is never going to be a threat in the air.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to insinuate anything on CR7's part or the age-old debate of him against Messi. It was just to show how our media hype British players up but are quick to say foreign players need to prove themselves before they can really be labelled world-class. Just look at Rooney's goal for example at the weekend the hype was unreal, you compare to what Berbatov received for his V Liverpool (bearing in mind it was one out of a hat-trick).

Bale has to prove that he's world class by doing this season in, season out or at least performing at a high level, until he does that I cannot take all the hype seriously. You cannot brand a player world-class from 2 performances otherwise every player in the world would be 'world-class'.

Modric is not completely fit yet.

He will play over the course of this tie though, have no doubt on that.
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 15 2011, 02:35 PM) *
You posted that acid? On MF are you crazy?!

Crazy or otherwise, truth should be stated as truth. laugh.gif I did not buy too much into him at the start, but the guy has proven himself at the top (at least at the club level) for a bunch of seasons running. Not a fan, however love watching him and what he brings to the game.

I like Ronaldo, not his attitude but as a player I think he's fantastic. I would say he's the best player that's ever graced the EPL in all honesty. He probably has the perfect body for football, I mean I'd say he's roughly 6ft so not too tall, not too short and he's built incredibly well. Some of that has to go down to Fergie because if you saw him when he came over when he was 18 he was incredibly weak in his physique. Obviously Messi at 5ft 6/7 is never going to be a threat in the air.

Well said. And as I stated above, his physique is perfection, not just his height, but how he has built his body. Nothing needs to be changed. Messi had his own set of challenges growing up, and not only he is on the shorter side, his legs are also quite thin. biggrin.gif Surely he can't compete with someone like CR7 when it comes to physical performances and display of strength on the field.

Kaka was another one who I thought had (or should I say has) the perfect build for a football player. Maldini, Ronaldo too. But obviously CR7 has the added advantage that he does not get injured as often as these three players. Which is always a good thing to have!

Anyway, I wasn't trying to insinuate anything on CR7's part or the age-old debate of him against Messi. It was just to show how our media hype British players up but are quick to say foreign players need to prove themselves before they can really be labelled world-class. Just look at Rooney's goal for example at the weekend the hype was unreal, you compare to what Berbatov received for his V Liverpool (bearing in mind it was one out of a hat-trick).

True. But hype = $$$, and that is what media does best. sleep.gif Obviously, not everyone thinks like you and me. I personally just hate the use of the word "great" six times in a sentence. Particularly coupled with the word "absolutely". There are other adjectives that the so-called pundits can use.

And the fact that the British players will always have that aura around them in the UK is a given.

Bale has to prove that he's world class by doing this season in, season out or at least performing at a high level, until he does that I cannot take all the hype seriously. You cannot brand a player world-class from 2 performances otherwise every player in the world would be 'world-class'.

+1. World-class is another phrase cheapened by the media. sad.gif Pity, really.

He will play over the course of this tie though, have no doubt on that.

Oh he will. smile.gif Undoubtedly. I am sure we will see a full strength Tottenham team in three weeks against us.
RinoIlCapitano
Yep modric will play maybe the second half of this game he had a surgery few days ago when Cro national team played Czech Republic but it was a easy one and he shoud play some part of that ficture, in bales position will play i think Kranjcar that has bring to the spurs 6 points i two matches with two fantastic goals , the first one when he comed in the game in 77th min and in 92nd he scored a fantastic goal from 20m with his weaker foot and the second one a great volley from the edge of the box so he is in form and we should really keep him in his half so he cant kill us with his fantastic shot and ball passing witch is incredibly good. So i no Modric and Bale the biggest threat for me is Kranjcar!

As for us i really hate that we are playing the first leg in Milano and we will play (like most italian press says) with Ibra and Robinho and seedorf instead of Pato , i really hate this seedorf thinh and this is going on for years right now, we should play with Robinho pato Ibra esspecially when we are playing a gattuso thiago silva flamini midfield, so i dont see nothing bad playing robinho and even pato as second strikers contributing the game in defence and in playbuilding so i really cant see seedorf beeing the best choice for us in these situation.
Jack Sparrow
Poor Seedorf.

When he leaves, I'm gonna put up a sig with a nice little statement just for him. Say what you want..but I love my Turtle. cry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.