Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sampdoria vs Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
acid911
So we live to see another match. dry.gif It's the month of March, and we march (pun always intended) to the city of Genoa. I won't talk much about it, there doesn't seem much worth talking about, anyway. Other than the little fact that I'll have the usual flavor, a 1-0 win should more than do the job. Anything more will be a bonus. Last time we beat Samp 3-0 at home, so they'll be keen to return the favor. Plus, I'm still waiting for the latest on Seedorf, the way he injured himself, we may very well have to do without him. Oh, and our friends have two tough matches, Juve have to face Napoli (they lost 2-1 last time), and inter have to dash it out with Roma. We may or may not cover some ground. The place, an absolute beauty:

Anyhoo, as usual, time for some stats between the two clubs, current rankings, head to head, top scorers, etc.

Date: Sunday, 01 March, 2008
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm GMT
Place: Stadio Luigi Ferraris (Genoa)
Capacity: 36,536

Forza Milan! devil.gif
Darunia
This is a delicate moment for Milan, we're in poor form and we have a lot of injuries. An away match is never easy for us this year, (4-4-4 record).

It looks like Seedorf, Ambrosini will be out, while Kaka is a doubt.

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Maldini Jankulovski
Beckham Pirlo Flamini
Ronaldinho
Inzaghi Pato

Bluesummers
QUOTE (Darunia @ Feb 27 2009, 01:53 PM) *
This is a delicate moment for Milan, we're in poor form and we have a lot of injuries. An away match is never easy for us this year, (4-4-4 record).

It looks like Seedorf, Ambrosini will be out, while Kaka is a doubt.

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Maldini Jankulovski
Beckham Pirlo Flamini
Ronaldinho
Inzaghi Pato

yeah your right for the most part on that prediction.

It doesn't even matter if they draw or lose. Were still ahead of genoa so were okay.
il_diavolo_mtl
i think it is important to win or lose Carlo needs to prove he can control his men
Bluesummers
Disappointment, the bitterness and anger ALL FANS

credit: milannews

I hope to see such a letter published in the beautiful day heading "LETTER OF THE FANS. Start by saying that my purpose is to reflect. To reflect all the management, fans, and why not, well you start by, first, that writing is not just a much, but it does not matter, because in this case the words are not from the brain, but from the heart.

Fan letters:

Joseph F. (from Benevento):

Hello I am a young fan of Milan. premetto that in recent years I have married the various choices of the leadership and I have always defended our team attacks by the various people who said: "AC Milan is a team of old, indolent, and so ."... well, this season I think partly due mainly to the general development, commitment and "evil" racing on display in the Uefa Cup ... for gratitude, and mostly out of respect for and belief in the fact that they are still very useful (more than many others) to the cause rossonera, I do not dream of criticizing Ancelotti and Seedorf, but what I'm not hard to see is why, if you believe the Uefa competition "child" does not give the opportunity for young people or Darmian of Antonini take the bones, or because our reserves in recent years, the shield on, have never been to the owners ... start guys, we start from Gourcuff, Antonini, Pato, Kaka and Borriello ... and why not, even by Carlo Ancelotti, who knows that with a new project, with no new incentives will lead to other successes ... not abbattiamoci, rialziamoci as we have always done, and once we learn from our mistakes ... to err is human persevere is diabolical ... rialziamoci and riprendiamoci the place that we deserve, at the top of Italy and Europe at the top!

Franco di La Louvière (Belgium):

We should not be afraid!

Dear Milan, I have now decided you have to write .....
And for years we illud .... speaking of Europe .... just now, even by UEFA were you thrown out!
Wee are a fan ever since I understand what football is, not who he falls in love with a different team with Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Massaro .... and many more!
But this team is less talk of the defense but that it was a defense, and defense was a school with milan Maldini, Costacurta, Tassotti and the legendary Franco Baresi! Now who's that supports nosta fantasy offensive player ..... what is the spring except Maldini (40 years !!!!)...
In my opinion the problem of today's Milan and the base of the team and this base and the defense ... AC Milan, Milan is the team that won 7 Champions, which must be written in the mesh with "the most titled club in the world" can not deploy a defense of the genre!
With all due respect for others seems natural that our dear Paolo Maldini Games 3 games in a week to 40 years and is almost always the best?
An effort can not be done in defense? We let go a certain Barzagli to Wolfsburg and we should not talk about budgets when you pay 4 million a year to maintain a goalkeeper on the bench (see Dida), there are so many good players in Italy but in my opinion none of Milan is interested in their ... Why? Who knows?
Someone can tell me what has to envy such a Ferrari (which was released) to Senderos?
You can not play in Milan when it is young? I saw some Antonini watch the game from the bench with Wolfsburg while Favalli could not more!
And time to react, not attack, because if there was a strong defense today speak of the various Ronaldinho, Pato, Kaka .... as we talked before Van Basten & co!
Dear Ancelotti is like any other, throws a couple into the fray I am sure that some will emerge champion! Since when did you have not launched one (apart from that there Paloschi more) and in 8 years and communque a pity! We should not be afraid ....
To prepare for the next championship I will cast into the fray as a young Darmian, Albertazzi ,.... must dare !!!!!
Not and never finished !!!!! FORZA MILAN

Filippo Bari:

you just have to suck humiliation now I tired to follow the path .. Milan Ancelotti and the old guard ... Madina, Favalli, Kaladze, Shevchenko, Seedorf make room for new players! enough! simply say "all the trophies won in these years .. "" the most titled club in the world ".. and you Berlusconi se nn vuoi invest more in Milan by facts! Thank you for everything you've done but if the Milan No longer your priority leaves stay! each years now we are collecting postings from interfering and deepest in Europe are now two years that we are light years away from most teams forti.stiamo creating a chasm between us and the other, a gap that must be remedied immediately or in the other years will become impossible recover! our stars will leave .. Pato, Kakà will choose other ways ... scusate the vent and the little grammar corretta.saluto all the friends of Milannews redazione.vi and follow all giorni.saluti

Tony:

I love Milan. But these are some testing times. Defensively we are horrible. Everyone knew this yet we only made offensive purchases. I am happy dinho is here and even tho boriello hasnt proven himself yet i think it was a good signing. However we got NO good defenders. Nesta was the best but it seems he is at his end. Maldini is retiring, kaladze is horrible, senderos is not to be relied upon as a regular starter

Luca:

Can we Milan fans imagine how team without Pato this season. We wuld have been in 12th position in the league. It just shows u the importance of yout. He as definately been the main man this season and he is still the youngest member of the squad.As for Maldini: Shame on you. you have definately lost my respect now. should have retired 4 seasons ago but u just continue to hinder the youthful defenders at the club. just look at the performance of inter's SANTON the other day to see what youth can

Joe:

Two people are to blame for MILAN's failures this season. Ancelotti and Galliani. Ancelotti for refusing to play the younger players in the squad (ex. Flamini, Antonini) and Galliani for refusing to buy younger players. We don't need players like Beckham. We need youth - Benzema, Diego, Gourcuff, Mexes, Santacroce...The team that won us 2 CL titles is gone. Time to re-plenish the squad with new YOUNG players.

Giacomo:

It is embarassing it is February and our goal is now "finish top 4". Even if we had made the Coppa Italia our prime target at the start of the season, we still arent good enough to win that competition. The squad minus 3 or 4 players is embarassing and would not make the starting side of half of Serie A (Kaka, Pato and Ronnie). I feel sorry for Ancelotti as it is Braida and Galliani that signs these over-the-hill players and Ancelotti is being made the scapegoat like Zac was a decade ago.

Julian:

What so Galliani's STILL giving Ancelotti another chance?? Wasn't last year's objective qualifying for the Champions League? Ancelotti failed and he still stayed on.. Objectives for this season were winning the Scudetto and winning the UEFA Cup...both failures! NOW the objective became qualifying for the Champions League! What's the point of setting objectives at the start of the season to modify them later? For Ancelotti its been FAIL FAIL FAIL and that should now mean SACKING! Galliani WAKE UP
il_diavolo_mtl
i'm sensing a bit of unease with the FO in your post....
kurtsimonw
Milan win, 4-1.

As much as I get annoyed with this club, 9 times out of 10, when things are bad, they often raise their level of performance with a "Criticise us now, *****" attitude!
Tennie
Hope you're right, Kurt.

Samp haven't had the best of seasons but Pazzini-Cassano is turning into a good partnership.

I've got nothing at all against their regular keeper but part of me is hoping that their Primavera keeper plays this one. Not because I've got it in for Samp but because the kid, Fiorillo, is said to be REALLY REALLY good and I've only seen him a couple of times.
Jack Sparrow
I'd like to agree with kurt. But I think the renaissance will start only AFTER we lose this one. sad.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 27 2009, 07:56 PM) *
Hope you're right, Kurt.

Samp haven't had the best of seasons but Pazzini-Cassano is turning into a good partnership.

I've got nothing at all against their regular keeper but part of me is hoping that their Primavera keeper plays this one. Not because I've got it in for Samp but because the kid, Fiorillo, is said to be REALLY REALLY good and I've only seen him a couple of times.

fiorillo is 19 (jan31/90) and said to be the next buffon or so. Kid is amazing. I would say best u 20 goalkeeper in the world. But i dont think we would ever consider signing a youth goalkeeper. After the llorris incident, i'm sure that milan only field keepers that are 30+
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 27 2009, 07:57 PM) *
I'd like to agree with kurt. But I think the renaissance will start only AFTER we lose this one. sad.gif

Yeah i agree with you on that. Why? simple, the future captain will be back.
Tennie
Who, Ambrosini?smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 27 2009, 08:29 PM) *
Who, Ambrosini?smile.gif

Haha very very funny. I'm not going to answer your question. I think the future captain will show you who he is on the field with a captain like performance.
Tennie
That would be Gattuso, then. smile.gif At least to me and yes, I know you almost certainly disagree.
Bluesummers
gattuso??? LOL Future captain has got much more skill than that player .
elcordobez
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 28 2009, 02:53 PM) *

Future captain wasn't in good form before he was injured. tongue.gif

But this is Samp their defense has been leaky,perhaps he could take advantage of that and get back to his best.

another 3 - 0 victory imo with Pato grabbing all of 'em king.gif

il_diavolo_mtl
we cannot discount the Cassano/Pazzini partnership (though i am unaware is cassano is stil injured :S)
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 27 2009, 10:53 PM) *

i'm thinking emerson?
Zed.D
QUOTE (elcordobez @ Feb 28 2009, 09:19 AM) *
another 3 - 0 victory imo with Pato grabbing all of 'em king.gif

Still waiting for his first hat trick hope it happens in this season cause I want one hat trick every season biggrin.gif

As for the game.. I kinda agree with what Kurt said. every time we're in a position where everything indicates to big changes in the following season, Carlo manages to win one game big and make everything look normal again. I can see us winning 3-1 and Carlo saying after the game that how there never was any crisis, etc etc.
Jack Sparrow
You guys don't get it. Our performance tomorrow depends on one man -jefri91. Pray to him! tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
Oh, we're gonna win, but I don't think this will be a pretty match.

Godness gracious me, Tuttomercato's saying Ambrosini OUT too!
Bluesummers
ambro out too, omg!

If were lucky:

abbiati-zambro-bonera-maldini-janku-beckham-pirlo-flamini-ronaldinho-inzaghi-pato
han2503
Our squad ius falling like flies atm.

What's happening with our medical team FFS??!!!

I guess age has finally gotten to everyone, no one can do miracles. Glad that Paolo has managed to stay fit throughout the season.

Hopefully we'll see this one tomorrow

Zambro--Bonera--Maldini--Janku
Becks--Pirlo--Flamini
Dinho/Kaka
Sheva--Pato

Anyone know the situation with Kaka and Dinho? I know Seedorf is out so I'm hoping atleast one of them will be ready for this game
Jack Sparrow
Kaka's almost definitely out. Or he won't be risked. We still have to play Juve and Roma. I'm starting to worry about Pato burning out too.

jefri...better get cracking on PES, with his predictions.
MizNelson
Now Ambro's out? Jesus, we're going to have to start plucking fans from the stands to fill in for our walking MASH unit.
Fillipo Simone
I don't think it does have anything to do with age - in fact, Paolo, Favalli, even Inzaghi and the other vets are holding very good. Didn't we hire this team doctor just a year ago (season start)?
Jack Sparrow
Yes we did. This guy's been very disappointing. I think we should look at getting someone else. At least last season, it was the older people who were getting injured, and it was mostly stress related. This season has been wierd.

Injuries in the match are one thing. But injuries in training etc. are just wierd, and to me indicates bad physical conditioning. Another reason why I'd like Sacchi + Ramos. tongue.gif
Ry4n
For this match i'm gunna predict a 2-0 away win with Goals from Pato king.gif
ACM1899
Unavailable players: Kalac, Kaladze, Nesta, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Borriello, Kakà, Ronaldinho.

Take these players out of your starting 11 guys.
weeeow
I don't really care how we play as long as we win!

FORZA MILAN!!! cool.gif
Il Capitano
Abbbiati

Zambrotta-Bonera-Maldini-Favalli

Beckham-Flamini-Pirlo-Jankulovski

Inzaghi-Pato

This is the line-up I think we will see against Sampdoria.
han2503
QUOTE (ACM1899 @ Feb 28 2009, 05:36 PM) *
Unavailable players: Kalac, Kaladze, Nesta, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Borriello, Kakà, Ronaldinho.

Take these players out of your starting 11 guys.

How is Seedorf not there? Has he recorved? unsure.gif
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 28 2009, 01:50 PM) *
Injuries in the match are one thing. But injuries in training etc. are just wierd, and to me indicates bad physical conditioning. Another reason why I'd like Sacchi + Ramos. tongue.gif

When you travel around for useless friendlies in order to show off your star players you get shitty preparation. I remember when I was laughing at Madrid for such things... dry.gif

The new doctor needs to be shown the door as soon as possible, it's unbelievable what's happening to the team.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 28 2009, 07:01 PM) *
How is Seedorf not there? Has he recorved? unsure.gif

It's a match-day decision.
Tennie
From acmilan.com's english page, here are the call ups and injured list:

SAMP-MILAN: THE CALLED UP ROSSONERI
2/28/2009
MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti called up 20 players for the match against Sampdoria. Here is the official list:
Abbiati, Dida, Perucchini, Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Mattioni, Senderos, Zambrotta, Beckham, Cardacio, Emerson, Flamini, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko.

EDIT: In the prematch press conference, Ancelotti hinted that he was going to play a 4-4-2 and that he hadn't decided whether to start Pippo or Shevchenko (along with Pato) in attack.
dst
Mattioni is available? Wow!

I'd like to see this:

Mattioni - Bonera - Maldini - Zambrotta
Beckham - Pirlo - Flamini - Jankulovski
Pato - Pippo
MizNelson
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 28 2009, 09:01 AM) *
The new doctor needs to be shown the door as soon as possible, it's unbelievable what's happening to the team.

Didn't he replace Meersemann?
Tennie
Nah, Meerseman is still there. The new guy replaced Sala.
MizNelson
Edit: never mind, dopey comment
vahid
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 28 2009, 05:05 PM) *

2/28/2009
MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti called up 20 players for the match against Sampdoria. Here is the official list:
Abbiati, Dida, Perucchini, Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Mattioni, Senderos, Zambrotta, Beckham, Cardacio, Emerson, Flamini, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko.

EDIT: In the prematch press conference, Ancelotti hinted that he was going to play a 4-4-2 and that he hadn't decided whether to start Pippo or Shevchenko (along with Pato) in attack.

WTH? Kaka is still injured.
Why they replaced Sala?he was much much better than these new medical staff.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 28 2009, 06:05 PM) *

2/28/2009

unsure.gif I don't like the idea of us playing the 4-4-2, we simply don't have the players for that formation, and never really worked when Carlo tried it.

If push comes to shove and Seedorf cannot be fit for the game, I would personally like to see the same 4-3-1-2 set up but with Pato in the attacking mid role supporting Sheva and Pippo. It would be better then playing a flat 4-4-2.

@dst, Mottioni is not going to start, you should know better dry.gif tongue.gif

On the Sheva vs Pippo issue, I think should we go for 4-4-2 then Sheva should be the one to start because he's more comfortable dropping deep, because you know if we go with this one we're going to be left with a huge gap between the strikers and the midfield, but if we go for the 4-3-1-2 with Seedorf in the hole then Pippo gets the start
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 28 2009, 05:14 PM) *
Mattioni is available? Wow!

I'd like to see this:

Mattioni - Bonera - Maldini - Zambrotta
Beckham - Pirlo - Flamini - Jankulovski
Pato - Pippo

i like this 4-4-2 linup but not sure if it gonna happen
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 28 2009, 06:45 PM) *
Nah, Meerseman is still there. The new guy replaced Sala.

And is dottore Tavana still with us?
Bluesummers
good luck milan.

Hope we win.
Bluesummers
I have the strangest of feeelings, but i think we'll see mattioni for the first time tomorrow. I hope i'm not wrong.
Jack Sparrow
I really don't think we will.

Right now our offence is not strong enough to counter our defence's weakness. I don't mean just our forwards, but our whole attacking machine. Injuries have done what's required.

Oh..and I'm pretty sure Seedorf is once again being forced to play without being fully fit. Which would seem to imply, that he's going to suck again.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 1 2009, 12:56 AM) *

Right now our offence is not strong enough to counter our defence's weakness. I don't mean just our forwards, but our whole attacking machine. Injuries have done what's required.

Oh..and I'm pretty sure Seedorf is once again being forced to play without being fully fit. Which would seem to imply, that he's going to suck again.

really? But i thought carlo said he was going with 4-4-2?
Jack Sparrow
Probably. Is what he said. But then why include Seedorf in it...
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 1 2009, 07:56 AM) *

I hope he doesn't play if he's not 100%, he's been pushed to start so many games while not being fit. I guess they do it to Seedorf because they know he can handle it. We may call him lazy and most of the time it's justified, but I'm sure him being pushed to play games when he's not ready and having to play practically in all of the games, whether they're Copp, CL/UEFA or Serie A, although one might argue that it's his fault since he acts like a 5 year old when he's benched. This is basically an endless cycle, and Carlo is the one that can put an end to it but he doesn't because he treats Seedorf as his equal instead of someone he's in charge of.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 1 2009, 08:05 AM) *
Probably. Is what he said. But then why include Seedorf in it...

To make a match day decision,,, Although I personally don't trust them to make a correct one, we've seen this happen with countless of our players, like Seedorf and Kaka, and in the end we end up paying for it twice over because they make their injuries worse, case in point, last season against Arsenal
Jack Sparrow
I don't think Seedorf gets pissed any more than a normal top player about being subbed. I don't know when that story started. If we are on about the water bottle incident and teh argument with Carlo, the dialogue from Seedorf went along the lines of, "If you want to do something,why not give us some help from the bench?!!". To which Carlo replied , "You're lucky I have no substitutions, otherwise you'd be off!". laugh.gif Tragicomic really!

Anyway this was Carlo's quote from the press conference...

For Seedorf we still have a bit of hope, we shall evaluate today. I will also evaluate today the defence, whereas in attack the doubt is between Inzaghi and Shevchenko.
Lacking attacking midfielders, we are forced to use the 4-4-2 formation. In the defensive phase against Cagliari we were good. We must develop the game more in attack.

I'm waiting for the play Cardaccio, play Viudez statements to start and how Carlo is a retard for not doing it. Also since Mattioni is called up, if Zambrotta has a bad match, we can say again it was Mattioni who was a better choice to play biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 1 2009, 10:16 AM) *
I don't think Seedorf gets pissed any more than a normal top player about being subbed. I don't know when that story started. If we are on about the water bottle incident and teh argument with Carlo, the dialogue from Seedorf went along the lines of, "If you want to do something,why not give us some help from the bench?!!". To which Carlo replied , "You're lucky I have no substitutions, otherwise you'd be off!". laugh.gif Tragicomic really!

Anyway this was Carlo's quote from the press conference...

I'm waiting for the play Cardaccio, play Viudez statements to start and how Carlo is a retard for not doing it. Also since Mattioni is called up, if Zambrotta has a bad match, we can say again it was Mattioni who was a better choice to play biggrin.gif

The talk about Seedorf not wanting to be subsitituted came about because people have seen multiple incedents where Seedorf was subbed off and he'd act like a pre-madonna, let's all not forget the incident when he came off the wrong side of the pitch, and other times when he went straight for the changing rooms instead of sitting on the bench with the others. Let's not make Seedorf out to be a saint, as for the altrecation you're describing, Kaka also had words with Carlo that season and personally I think neither him and Seedorf should have done it, the fact that players treat Carlo that way in games where people can see shows that he does not control his players. A player should never treat his coach that way.

And Jack, people including me wanted Viudez to play next to Seedorf in the AM role not alone in the hole behind the strikers, there's a big difference in roles, if he was going to play next to Seedorf then he would have someone with Seedorf's experiance and abilities to play off of where as if we're going to play the 4-3-1-2 I wouldn't want him to play either because it's a big ask to play that position all on your own, not even Seedorf can pull it off at times. It's a totally different ball game
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.