Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sampdoria vs Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fillipo Simone
Another problem is - motivation. We need a base of players motivated enough to fight for Milan especially in the scudetto. That's why I think we need to base our transfer policy on players from Italy (Serie A&B).
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 07:36 PM) *
Another problem is - motivation. We need a base of players motivated enough to fight for Milan especially in the scudetto. That's why I think we need to base our transfer policy on players from Italy (Serie A&B).

Agreed.
han2503
It's not easy as to just blame a particular person and say all of this is their fault. This has been a long time coming. And it's everyone's fault, not just Carlo's not just the management.

Yes balancing the books in important, but maintaining a successful club also means having a competitive squad, wich means spending money on players, that has not been happening at Milan for quite some time, our last really big transfer was Nesta, that should say something. Silverware, aside from prestige means money, if a club continues to be competitive and wins silverware then money won't be a problem that has stopped for us. The CL in 07 was a one off fluke, that many say wasn't deserved since our only good performance in it was against Man U.

The management are also at fault for not letting the coach be the one to make decisions on which players he wants, because at the end of the day he is going to be the one coaching the team not Galliani, and he is the one that is going to be burned if he doesn't manage to make these players (that were bought without his consent) a team

Which then leads us to our current coach, who matter what sh!t B&G throw at him he accepts with a smile on his face. Of course they're going to keep slinging cr@p at you if you don't demand things. The fact that our coach can't even control his players anymore, doesn't even know how to motivate them is another huge issue. Which then leads us to his tactics, imo, a couple of years back at Milan he was one of the brightest coaches around, but now, he's reverted back to the Carlo that was known as the 'Almost Man' at Juventus. The stubburn nature when it comes to making tactical decisions and subbing players. Even the timing of substitutions....

As for players, some have reached the end of the line with Milan, some have been on that line for nearly 3 years now, yet we keep them for sentimental reasons or to stay away from the transfer market, while we are keeping these players paying their high wages and the club gets nothing in return on the field. Come this summer I want to see all of these players removed from the squad, to me this is the only thing that I can see signaling change if this does not happen it would be pretty clear that Galliani and co are happy to sit on their @sses resting on their laurels while doing nothing top help the club recover from the mess they made themselves

What I hope to see come next season is, a change of coach, older players, ones that are only there to warm the treatment room tables or the bench while collecting their paychecks to be let go, at least 5 new players being brought in, starting from the goal keeping position to the attack. And 5 players is putting it midly. A total overhaul in the club's medical and fitness coaches, because the injuries have gotten to a point where it's just ridiculous.

And if Berlusconi has no interest in the club any longer I think it would be high time that he let go of the club. I think it's pretty clear that he does not want to invest anymore money into the club, atleast not now that he has gotten what he wanted out of it. And these days no club is able to run on just it's own revenue, at least not a top flight club that has to be competitive on all fronts.
Tennie
Very nice post, han. +1 cookie to you (and yes, one for each of the penguins too).
Fillipo Simone
Anyway, I'd rather we appoint Baresi or someone related to the young squad then Leonardo. Someone who knows the youth department very well.
Tennie
There's always Galli then (he coached the primavera last year).
MizNelson
I just can't see Leonardo coaching this club, even on an interim basis, and it's not just because of his lack of coaching experience.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 1 2009, 09:06 PM) *
Very nice post, han. +1 cookie to you (and yes, one for each of the penguins too).

The penguins say thankyou, and thanks for the cookie I thought I put my thoughts out there well without sounding harsh or biased on any of those thing, even if my mind is raging at me like a lunatic to just vent tongue.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 09:07 PM) *
Anyway, I'd rather we appoint Baresi or someone related to the young squad then Leonardo. Someone who knows the youth department very well.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 1 2009, 09:08 PM) *
There's always Galli then (he coached the primavera last year).

Personally I'm not convinced by any of the 3 names, because neither of them have had any real experiance with coaching a top flight club. I don't know, we have a big problem atm, one that I'm sure will be adress until the summer, if that...

I personally don't think any action will be taken.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 1 2009, 02:03 PM) *
It's not easy as to just blame a particular person and say all of this is their fault. This has been a long time coming. And it's everyone's fault, not just Carlo's not just the management.

Yes balancing the books in important, but maintaining a successful club also means having a competitive squad, wich means spending money on players, that has not been happening at Milan for quite some time, our last really big transfer was Nesta, that should say something. Silverware, aside from prestige means money, if a club continues to be competitive and wins silverware then money won't be a problem that has stopped for us. The CL in 07 was a one off fluke, that many say wasn't deserved since our only good performance in it was against Man U.

The management are also at fault for not letting the coach be the one to make decisions on which players he wants, because at the end of the day he is going to be the one coaching the team not Galliani, and he is the one that is going to be burned if he doesn't manage to make these players (that were bought without his consent) a team

Which then leads us to our current coach, who matter what sh!t B&G throw at him he accepts with a smile on his face. Of course they're going to keep slinging cr@p at you if you don't demand things. The fact that our coach can't even control his players anymore, doesn't even know how to motivate them is another huge issue. Which then leads us to his tactics, imo, a couple of years back at Milan he was one of the brightest coaches around, but now, he's reverted back to the Carlo that was known as the 'Almost Man' at Juventus. The stubburn nature when it comes to making tactical decisions and subbing players. Even the timing of substitutions....

As for players, some have reached the end of the line with Milan, some have been on that line for nearly 3 years now, yet we keep them for sentimental reasons or to stay away from the transfer market, while we are keeping these players paying their high wages and the club gets nothing in return on the field. Come this summer I want to see all of these players removed from the squad, to me this is the only thing that I can see signaling change if this does not happen it would be pretty clear that Galliani and co are happy to sit on their @sses resting on their laurels while doing nothing top help the club recover from the mess they made themselves

What I hope to see come next season is, a change of coach, older players, ones that are only there to warm the treatment room tables or the bench while collecting their paychecks to be let go, at least 5 new players being brought in, starting from the goal keeping position to the attack. And 5 players is putting it midly. A total overhaul in the club's medical and fitness coaches, because the injuries have gotten to a point where it's just ridiculous.

And if Berlusconi has no interest in the club any longer I think it would be high time that he let go of the club. I think it's pretty clear that he does not want to invest anymore money into the club, atleast not now that he has gotten what he wanted out of it. And these days no club is able to run on just it's own revenue, at least not a top flight club that has to be competitive on all fronts.

perfect post.

But will it happen, i doubt it. This is what i'm thinking will happen realistically.

If we dont make CL carlo is gone. If we make CL we will give him his last season.

We will buy 2 players.

The first one will be a defender. The second one will be a foreward.

Players who will go out of our squad: beckham, gourcuff, borriello, senderos.
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 1 2009, 09:16 PM) *
perfect post.

But will it happen, i doubt it. This is what i'm thinking will happen realistically.

If we dont make CL carlo is gone. If we make CL we will give him his last season.

We will buy 2 players.

The first one will be a defender. The second one will be a foreward.

Players who will go out of our squad: beckham, gourcuff, borriello, senderos.

Agreed on that part, what we'd all like to see and what will actually happen are 2 completely different things

Your comment regarding CL for next season is the one that hits the most since it's what I'm 99.9% sure will happen
Fillipo Simone
Personally I'm not convinced by any of the 3 names, because neither of them have had any real experiance with coaching a top flight club. I don't know, we have a big problem atm, one that I'm sure will be adress until the summer, if that...

I personally don't think any action will be taken.

Well who is?

I think the only benefit a interim coach can bring is to push some neglected players in the line-up. Since Milan does not have many neglected players this season, the chance could be given to youngsters.

Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Well who is?

I think the only benefit a interim coach can bring is to push some neglected players in the line-up. Since Milan does not have many neglected players this season, the chance could be given to youngsters.

WOW! Never though of baresi. Yeah hes a good candidate.

So we have:

leonardo
riijkaard
baresi
tassotti
van basten
scolari
donadoni
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 1 2009, 09:26 PM) *
WOW! Never though of baresi. Yeah hes a good candidate.

So we have:

leonardo
riijkaard
baresi
tassotti
van basten
scolari
donadoni

Out of those names you mentioned I would only trust Rijkaard

Should we wait until the summer I think it would be good to wait for Spalletti or Prandelli, I think both are great coaches, and they're Italian
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 09:36 PM) *

You can't say that we need Italians because they'd be motivated. That is in my eyes as silly as saying we need Brazilians because they have good technique. These things are too vague to be taken seriously. Surely an Italian might understand and feel more about Milan and Italian football but that's not necessary, especially since globalization is also inside football now. Also, Pato has been by far our best player this season and last time I checked he's not Italian...

Buying young, NOT 30+ year olds who have won anything there is to be won and having a coach that can actually motivate the more successful players in the squad (there need to be such players in the team) is the answer to our problems.
Ancelotti is in my opinion terrible in handling the players. It does not seem to me like he has a clue. A coach can't be a friend just like a father cannot be a friend... that's two fundamentally different things!

My choice for next coach would be Prandelli. If not then Donadoni. I want no other.
Fillipo Simone
Prandelli's ex-Juventino,...not sure. And...Imagine a Milan coach wearing red leather? I don't trust any of them, but Baresi or Galli suit best IMO.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Prandelli's ex-Juventino,...not sure. And...Imagine a Milan coach wearing red leather? I don't trust any of them, but Baresi or Galli suit best IMO.

Ha-ha! laugh.gif I'm sure he would not wear that!! Also because they'd kill him in Milano... yeah he is a former Juve player, tell that to the Viola fans!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 1 2009, 09:34 PM) *
You can't say that we need Italians because they'd be motivated. That is in my eyes as silly as saying we need Brazilians because they have good technique. These things are too vague to be taken seriously. Surely an Italian might understand and feel more about Milan and Italian football but that's not necessary, especially since globalization is also inside football now. Also, Pato has been by far our best player this season and last time I checked he's not Italian...

Yes, globalization is in. I don't think it's positive. It has his good and bad sides. But I wouldn't say it silly. You know, there was a time Milan players were fired-up against Napoli, Lecce or Sampdoria because of traditional rival-relations or players background. Yes, Pato has been our best player this season, but that just says he's an exemptional player. I don't think we should release all foreign players you know...
I just say that for all the Mattioli's, Digao's, Emerson's or Thiago Silva's there is one Marco Motta, one Santacroce, one Giuseppe Rossi or a XY player. And I think does players, in addition to the amount of stars we have, make the differences in Lecce matches.

han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 09:35 PM) *

Carlo is a Romanista, he's said it many times, that does not mean it took away from him doing his best at Milan...

Prandelli is imo the brightest up and coming Italian coach, he's a great tactition, great at handling his players, and also great with young players who need guidence. I personally think he would be our best choice. And I don't care if he wears a chinchilla coat for match days, as long as he's winning it does not matter in the slightest what he wears. Plus he would be in Milan, I think the fashion spirit would save him from the red leather jackets wink.gif

As for Baresi and Galli, I don't think either would be good deicions, experiance in coaching the primavera and Milan are 2 completely different things, and even if it's an interim role, I would want someone with a little more experiance then that, even Maldini senior would be a better choice
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 1 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Carlo is a Romanista, he's said it many times, that does not mean it took away from him doing his best at Milan...

Prandelli is imo the brightest up and coming Italian coach, he's a great tactition, great at handling his players, and also great with young players who need guidence. I personally think he would be our best choice. And I don't care if he wears a chinchilla coat for match days, as long as he's winning it does not matter in the slightest what he wears. Plus he would be in Milan, I think the fashion spirit would save him from the red leather jackets wink.gif

As for Baresi and Galli, I don't think either would be good deicions, experiance in coaching the primavera and Milan are 2 completely different things, and even if it's an interim role, I would want someone with a little more experiance then that, even Maldini senior would be a better choice

What do you mean even? Even? Even? Didn't I tell you I like coaches! Don't you know that? Just like dst has his God thing...

Don't ever say "even" Cesare Augusto would be better! Naturally he'd be better! He's a very very good coach. Not many have such a passion at such late stages.

And well, Carlo is Romanista and Milanista. He did play for us. But yes, the Roma flirt's did made me a bit angry.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 09:50 PM) *
What do you mean even? Even? Even? Didn't I tell you I like coaches! Don't you know that? Just like dst has his God thing...

Don't ever say "even" Cesare Augusto would be better! Naturally he'd be better! He's a very very good coach. Not many have such a passion at such late stages.

huh.gif huh.gif

I mean even Maldini would be a better choice because he's coached the team before. Baresi and Galli only have Primavera experiance.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 1 2009, 09:56 PM) *
huh.gif huh.gif

I mean even Maldini would be a better choice because he's coached the team before. Baresi and Galli only have Primavera experiance.

Not "even" but "of course"... laugh.gif cool.gif tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 09:57 PM) *
Not "even" but "of course"... laugh.gif cool.gif tongue.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Your even! Even! Even thing came off scary tongue.gif
Bluesummers
riijkaard is a la liga and champions league winner. I think hes best suited for the job.
Bluesummers
It seems riijkaard has declared that Milan has been in contact with him. He also said clubs in spain have been in contact with him aswell. When and who? He doesn't say.

source: milannews
Bluesummers
Carlo Ancelotti responds to criticism about the eta 'advanced for most of the Milan players, defeated in travel with Sampdoria. "The speech ETA 'players and the team is too old, you pull out when things do not go, do not forget that with these players, we won the European Cup - has explained to the technician rossonero Kaka Rai -. 'remain': Milan this is not 'so' dated as they say, have players of great reliability '. Ronaldinho? No controversy at this time accusing one heel. To me interested in Milan, all other voices are not important ''.

I dont knwo carlo I think if juve are called teh old lady; were called the old man.
Tennie
Yikes. Is that google translation? it's all but impossible to understand.
Bluesummers
BERLUSCONI: "We are not in a crisis"
Cosi 'il premier Silvio Berlusconi said the defeat of Milan, who lost 2-1 to Sampdoria in the league. "Unfortunately''- said the chairman of the board from Brussels - we have a team in first aid. And when you can not play like champions Kaka 'everything becomes more' difficult. However we are not in a crisis"

And you wanted to sell him, shame on you!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 1 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Yikes. Is that google translation? it's all but impossible to understand.

yeah sorry can't speak italian yet. Give me a few years.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 1 2009, 10:15 PM) *
It seems riijkaard has declared that Milan has been in contact with him. He also said clubs in spain have been in contact with him aswell. When and who? He doesn't say.

source: milannews

Atletico Madrid.

And you wanted to sell him, shame on you!

We all know the truth. He did not WANT to sell him.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 03:23 PM) *
Atletico Madrid.

We all know the truth. He did not WANT to sell him.

whats the truth?
dst
It's our own fault that we are so dependent on Kaka... the team should have been taught how to play without him it's not like that the rest of them are useless... Milan is supposed to be a team of championS!
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 1 2009, 01:24 PM) *
whats the truth?

The truth was he posted the phony 100m Man City bid on Mediaset, so he could be the one to later publicly snuff it out and thus look like a hero, despite keeping the fans on tenterhooks for six days. City actually bid half that amount, and Berlu took the story and twisted it like a Red Vine.

It was less about Berlu selling Kaka and more about seizing a political opportunity.
Il Capitano
Baresi failed to do anything good with the primavera, Why would he do a better job with the seniors?

My favorites candidates are Rijkaard and Leonardo. Rijkaard has good merits and I know he won't neglect the young players. If they are good enough they will get their chance and maybe Ten Cate will join him as Assistant Manager biggrin.gif . Leonardo is an interesting name and I would definitely like to see him as a coach for Milan.

I would not like too see Donadoni coach Milan, Maybe in 10 years.
il_diavolo_mtl
I would love rijkaard, but that would mean us needing to sell dinho lol
FORZA DIEGO
Tennie
Leonardo has never coached. Why do people think he's a good candidate?
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 1 2009, 07:18 PM) *

That's what I'd like to know. Why has his name even come up in the topic at all?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 1 2009, 09:18 PM) *

Hes an option. We'll never know until we try. Right now I think anyone from that list can do better than carlo.
il_diavolo_mtl
we need somene who's reputation can make galliani put his ego to he side and sign "system" players for the new coach. We can't have a manager signing icons and selling the coach to play them...

i hope Rijkaard is the anwser
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 2 2009, 12:19 AM) *
we need somene who's reputation can make galliani put his ego to he side and sign "system" players for the new coach. We can't have a manager signing icons and selling the coach to play them...

i hope Rijkaard is the anwser

me too man, me too...
il_diavolo_mtl
for what it's worth can i ask you how someone in regina follows milan? it mustn't be too easy lol
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 2 2009, 12:24 AM) *
for what it's worth can i ask you how someone in regina follows milan? it mustn't be too easy lol

we actually have huge soccer following. All are pretty much english/spain/german followers. Theres very few serie A followers. Most label it as a anti-football or parking the bus for 90 min rolleyes.gif

But i get it non stop from them. Wearing milan clothing when i'm at soccer games or coaching or with fellow peers is just asking to be laughed at.

But I love this club so it doesn't bother me.
il_diavolo_mtl
Lol my friend has always said Serie A is for people who love and understand the game.
La liga is for pigeons hat like counting up to 5 haha
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 2 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Lol my friend has always said Serie A is for people who love and understand the game.
La liga is for pigeons hat like counting up to 5 haha

You live in montreal, so its understandable. Montreal does have a huge italian base. Go to toronto and you will find different.
il_diavolo_mtl
toronto= little-india:)
it is the worst city in the world!!!!! FORZA MONTREAL
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 1 2009, 07:08 PM) *
Goal

Pato

Happy for him, our only bright spot in a cloud of darkness

That one's going right into my sig! (with a little variation so I'm not accused of.. some things). seriously, is there any other positives to take from this season?? I can't think of any... maybe Abbiati's good form... but that's it.

Amazing how the team's shitty situation is not affecting his goalscoring instinct.
Habitant
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 2 2009, 07:51 AM) *
toronto= little-indiasmile.gif

laugh.gif toronto has a lot of italians too though

btw did you see the san jose game? i went to school with marc-edouard vlasic, you saw the missed open net early in the first? laugh.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 2 2009, 12:51 AM) *
toronto= little-india:)

all english league fans there my friend. Italian supporters get beaked like no other.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.