Full Version: 09/26/07 - Serie A - Palermo - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
han2503
26th September 2007

Week 5

Serie A - Palermo - Milan
mishie
quite abit for Coach Carlo to think about on this one.
i'm gonna keep the faith and say a 0-1 win with a Pirlo freekick.

forza milan!
dst
We're going to have one week of rest so no excuses at all for this one... I think we will taste victory again... 1-2 Kaka, Janku.
misha
Our most difficult game in the league so far. Let's hope we'd prepare for it like for the CL game. That seems to be the only thing that works for us.
jefri91
probably another gay @ss draw
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 22 2007, 11:22 PM)
We're going to have one week of rest so no excuses at all for this one... I think we will taste victory again... 1-2 Kaka, Janku.

Are we? The match is next Wednesday.
Rossoneri7
We will do well .. We will win this fixture king.gif
misha
BTW last season we started in the Serie A quite similar. We won 3 games and then drew 3 in a row. And after the daraws came the game vs Palermo (only at home) which we lost (2:0). Let's hope that this time we'll beat Palermo and do well in a league sleep.gif
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Sep 23 2007, 01:36 AM)
Are we? The match is next Wednesday.

Indeed! blush.gif Silly me... well there should be no excuses anyway... we've had 3 consecutive draws... our players should really step up for it this time!! Forza ragazzi!!!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 23 2007, 03:16 AM)
our players should really step up for it this time!! Forza ragazzi!!!

That's the spirit devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
arivanjj
3 - 0 Roni hatrik king.gif

god i'm getting desperate to see this man play freak.gif
bigmacmtl
8-0

2 from kaladze, 2 from gattuso, 2 from dida, 1/2 from kaka, 1/2 from gila, hattrick maldini from the stands king.gif
Darunia
1-1 tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Hmm...I agree with bigmac's astute analysis except all those 8 goals go in against us. Self goals u see.....since we're such a lousy team who didn't deserve to play in the CL last season at all.

And Gila was obviously bribed by Juve to act as a handicap to us.

*Let's see if I can take this reverse jinx to a whole new level from last season. Forgive me Nova...for I know not what I do wink.gif *
KillerMax
People are losing their minds around here. biggrin.gif I understand and have sympathy for you. It also bothers me a lot to see Milan like this.

I am pretty sure we will finish 4th or 5th at the end of the first half of the season. Then it will be up to the management to make a couple useful changes, like they did the year before with Oddo and Ronaldo. Only after that I can have hope for our Serie A chances. We will most likely lose or draw this game. I am ready to support my team no matter what, but the fans frustration with the management will stay the same until some productive actions are taken. I want to see a day when the directors and the management take responsibility for their failures.
MizNelson
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Sep 22 2007, 03:26 PM)
probably another gay @ss draw

How poetic. rolleyes.gif
han2503
I'm going to go ehead and predict a 1-1 scoreline tongue.gif tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 23 2007, 08:16 AM)
since we're such a lousy team who didn't deserve to play in the CL last season at all.

You shouldn't say that... not even as a joke!
Portman
We'll get a draw. Probably 1-1 as usual.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Sep 23 2007, 12:45 PM)
We'll get a draw. Probably 1-1 as usual.

I agree with Porty, another 1-1.

Usually I'm pretty confident of us winning any game that doesn't involve Inter/Roma/Juve, but not after this start. We'll go 1-0 up, everyone will go on about how we're playing superb, we'll then conceed in the 2nd half and just give up.
bigmacmtl
i think we have what it takes to win this but carlo and his ultra conservative tactics, he'll start with a defensive formation and if we're not losing by the 70th minute he'll bring on emerson for kaka or seedorf so we at least get point rolleyes.gif
Nova
We'll win .

Is ronaldo playing ?
arivanjj
it won't be logical if we gotta another 1-1 draw... we either win or lose!

and i don't think RONI will be playing!
Fillipo Simone
Sure. This one we'll win. 2-1 for us would be my prediction. And let's put Gilardino up front from the first minute,..
Zed.D
@ Fillipo Simone

Heh! forget about Gilardino scoring, he won't.

I think it's gonna be another disappointing performance and probably result. (0-0)
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 23 2007, 09:22 PM)
Heh! forget about Gilardino scoring, he won't.

Nah, it's tough to score when you sit on the bench for 85 minutes every week.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 23 2007, 11:28 PM)
Nah, it's tough to score when you sit on the bench for 85 minutes every week.

unsure.gif This was the first game in the league he started from the bench.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 23 2007, 09:31 PM)
unsure.gif  This was the first game in the league he started from the bench.

Benfica!

EDIT: Oh, you said league, but still, dropping him is hardly going to improve his confidence, or help him score.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 23 2007, 11:32 PM)
Benfica!

EDIT: Oh, you said league, but still, dropping him is hardly going to improve his confidence, or help him score.

But what can you do if he just don't score (last time it was somewhere last season). Carlo has the result to think about. How many minutes do you think he will get in the winter when we'd have both Ronaldo and Pato available ?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 23 2007, 09:38 PM)
But what can you do if he just don't score (last time it was somewhere last season). Carlo has the result to think about. How many minutes do you think he will get in the winter when we'd have both Ronaldo and Pato available ?

Well, with results as they are at the moment, he couldn't make things worse. rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 23 2007, 11:43 PM)
Well, with results as they are at the moment, he couldn't make things worse.  rolleyes.gif

Still, we can't play with both Pippo and Gila and it's no-brainer who from them should get the nod.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 23 2007, 09:49 PM)
Still, we can't play with both Pippo and Gila and it's no-brainer who from them should get the nod.

Which I think shows Gila has been made a bit of a scape goat this season. Pippo hasn't scored a league goal for us yet, and only had 2 in some 20 games last year. He's even more unproductive than Gila in the league.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 23 2007, 11:56 PM)
Which I think shows Gila has been made a bit of a scape goat this season. Pippo hasn't scored a league goal for us yet, and only had 2 in some 20 games last year. He's even more unproductive than Gila in the league.

And still he's above Gila on the picking order and that's tell you something about Gila (And again Pippo is 34 and Gila should be in his prime). The last thing you can say about Gila that he's not getting enough playing time. He played way more than Pippo in the league not only this season, but last season as well. (and please don't make me to compre between them again link).

Who would your pick to score between them if you life depends on it? You'll pick Gila only if you are suicidal wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 23 2007, 10:09 PM)
And still he's above Gila on the picking order and that's tell you something about Gila (And again Pippo is 34 and Gila should be in his prime). The last thing you can say about Gila that he's not getting enough playing time. He played way more than Pippo in the league not only this season, but last season as well. (and please don't make me to compre between them again link).

Who would your pick to score between them if you life depends on it? You'll pick Gila only if you are suicidal wink.gif

If you say so, no point in getting into it, the fact are that Gila's Milan record is better than Pippo's, and that's that.

Strikers usually hit their prime in their very late 20s anyways.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2007, 12:16 AM)
If you say so, no point in getting into it, the fact are that Gila's Milan record is better than Pippo's, and that's that.

Strikers usually hit their prime in their very late 20s anyways.

Pippo in Milan 84 goals in 193 games
Pippo's first two seasons in Milan 46 goals in 77 games
Gila so far in Milan 35 goals in 96 games

Now, please explain how 35 goals in 96 games is better than 46 goals in 77 games? unsure.gif

And even if they were better, it's only stats and for the numerous time, don't tell the whole story in this case. You can't base things only on stats.

No, usually in the mid 20s.
mishie
perhaps chaps this discussion should be in the Gila thread, and we can get back to the Palermo game..cheers wink.gif
Tennie
Last year's Palermo-Milan fixture was a 0-0 draw. (Kaka missed a penalty).

Let's hope we can do better this year. It'll be a challenging match - Palermo has a good attack.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 23 2007, 10:44 PM)
Pippo in Milan 84 goals in 193 games
Pippo's first two seasons in Milan 46 goals in 77 games
Gila so far in Milan 35 goals in 96 games

Now, please explain how 35 goals in 96 games is better than 46 goals in 77 games? unsure.gif

And even if they were better, it's only stats and for the numerous time, don't tell the whole story in this case. You can't base things only on stats.

In my opinion your stats are off, from what I have, Gila is much better.

Stats do not tell the whole story, but ultimately, goals are stats, theyre also ALL that matters.

Anyways.. Away to Palermo, with our form, I don't see a win at all. But when we expect Milan not to win, they come out and own the opponents. I dunno what to think!
jefri91
Another draw cuz we're not good enough - _-
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2007, 01:39 AM)
In my opinion your stats are off, from what I have, Gila is much better.

Stats do not tell the whole story, but ultimately, goals are stats, theyre also ALL that matters.

You are welcome to check them. This combining all the competitions. People, for obvious reason, love to forget the european stats.

C'mon Kurt. On the one hand you have 25 y,o striker with mentall problems who never scores in big games, is zero in europe and seems lost on the field. On the other hand you have 34 y.o striker who's best years are behind him but still scores in big games and always determined. The sad thing that even now, at 34, Pippo is picked before Gila. If they were in the same age there wouldn't be a question at all. And even statistically Pippo is a lot better. You have to let you eyes to judge.
kurtsimonw
If you're going on ability, then it has to be Gila. I believe it was Yohan Cruyff that said Pippo is an awful player, he's just always in the right place, so you can't talk about ability.

Gila just needs games!

By the way, be happy you've got Gila and not someone like Tevez, he's only scored 1 goal in 8 fixed games!
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2007, 02:23 AM)
If you're going on ability, then it has to be Gila. I believe it was Yohan Cruyff that said Pippo is an awful player, he's just always in the right place, so  you can't talk about ability.

Gila just needs games!

By the way, be happy you've got Gila and not someone like Tevez, he's only scored 1 goal in 8 fixed games!

Abillity to score goals and not to let the pressure get to you!!

Do you watch Milan in Serie A ? He got/get more than enough. In other big team he'd have been sold long time ago.

Tevez is a forward, SS and not box striker. And I bet, still, would score more than Gila.
kurtsimonw
I know Gila's had his chances, but you can't just get rid of him after a bad year. Sheva had one hell of a bad year, but we kept him!

P.S. Gila hasn't had a bad year yet in my view. 2 full seasons, 2 seasons where his league goals has reached double figures.

This has to stop anyways, we both know we aren't going to change each others mind on this, it's the way we are. tongue.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2007, 02:42 AM)
I know Gila's had his chances, but you can't just get rid of him after a bad year. Sheva had one hell of a bad year, but we kept him!

P.S. Gila hasn't had a bad year yet in my view. 2 full seasons, 2 seasons where his league goals has reached double figures.

This has to stop anyways, we both know we aren't going to change each others mind on this, it's the way we are.  tongue.gif

Both Gila's years has been bad, cuz it's not only goals!! Why do you think people critisize him, fans booing him and we have been discussing it since he came. Is it by accident 90% of people here think that he's a flop? If he's so good why Carlo don't pick him for important games or he didn't checked his stats? I think, because you don't see most of the Serie A games, you can understand the level of frustration Gila causes to the fans.

Sold him? He can stay as a sub because he's sure not milane first 11 quality. But because he wants firs team footbal he will be sold in the summer IMO.

Sheva had one bad year after 3 good years and before another good 3.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2007, 03:42 AM)

This has to stop anyways, we both know we aren't going to change each others mind on this, it's the way we are.  tongue.gif

It's not about changing his mind or changing ur mind ... Misha is used to strikers who deliver for Milan, as I am, as several others. Sure u can be sentimental and lean back on stats that say he scored 17gls in his first season for us.

But what is 17 gls a season for a team like Milan ?! We might as well should have kept JDT or Comandini for that average. They both did better than Gilardino, till the day they left the club. But u see here we are down classing Gila to strikers like JDT and Comandini, when he was bought for the sole purpose of being a first team player. It really is a shame that he hasn't lived up to the hype/expectations, that is all ..

Ohh well, it happened before Gigi Lentini anyone rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Well, he does have 30 goals in 56 starts (Including this season) I just don't see it as that bad.

Admittedly I don't see every Serie A game, but I still see highlights of them!

And to be honest, he's the highest scoring player for Milan over the last two years, so, you can't really complain when nobody else in the team is doing better. Why doesn't Carlo pick him if he isn't good enough? Well, like you said, he's played more games in the league than Pippo this season, so obviously Carlo also thinks he's better, right? If he was so bad, they'd have sold him by now.

It's always going to be the same though. We all defend/critisize certain players. To me, defending Dida is mind blowing, he isn't good enough for most teams on Serie A in my view, but obviously some people rate him and have their reasons.
misha
I give up, it's all yours R7.
Rossoneri7
Again u can be sentimental and lean on stats, no one is saying otherwise ... But do stats really tell u the whole story ?!

In the last two yrs ?! To tell you the truth, everyday that passes by I dislike him even more .. Well he is supposed to score, he had the weight of the team on his shoulders to deliver the goods for us. But u see, after players like MVB, Oliver Bierhoff, JPP, Savićević, etc these are players who can carry the weight of the team ...

U have to watch a game to actually know what we are talking about Kurt ... Cuz stats are good, but they don't actually show you the BIG picture. I mean, if Gila was that good, how come Inzaghi played 85mins of the final in Athena ?! How come a 34 yr old Inzaghi is being cheered upon when a 25 yr old Gila is being booed at ?! Well, the people that go to the games know better IMO and since we have tv, we can all see what the problem is. Sorry Kurt, but he really isn't Milan quality ..
Tennie
Guys? This is the Palermo match thread, not the 'does gila have value' thread. Can we please go out for a drink and talk about the game? My fish doll will buy the first round. smile.gif
Rossoneri7
About Dida .. it's ur call ... I don't think it is appropriate to mix the two up. It isn't about bashing one player then you can bash the next rolleyes.gif

It really isn't ... When Dida makes a mistake we concede a goal, when Gila makes a mistake he doesn't score ... Do u agree with this for a fair analogy ?! If you do, then I guess over the past 5 years Dida has helped Milan win several trophies. While Gila in his 2 yrs here, he hasn't helped the team win anything really, he is just here to add up the numbers.

Sure Dida isn't the same Dida, sure he has been making these silly mistakes, but when the going gets tough and the crucial games come in to play ... Dida never fails Milan, that is why to me he is one of Milan's stars ..

p.s. The discussion wasn't about Dida, but I hope u get what I mean by this ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.