Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 09/26/07 - Serie A - Palermo - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
kurtsimonw
I agree with Mishie, Carlo doesn't seem to have a clue at times. Gourcuff is being wasted, it seems he is never going to get his chance. I think a coaching change is needed. 1 win in 5 is simply not good enough.. We haven't even played Roma, Juve, Inter or Lazio yet either. sad.gif
Tennie
Okay, I'm going to call bullsh*t on both Ancelotti and Galliani.

Their post-game comments are up (in italian) on acmilan.com. link

They're blaming the loss on poor refereing calls (Diana offside and Amauri hand ball) and saying that Milan played very well for the first hour, etc etc etc. The article is titled 'Simply Unmerited'.

You can't blame a loss on bad calls when said loss is after a bunch of consecutive ties. SOMETHING is wrong.

Then again, to play devil's advocate, we also can't really expect them to come out and say '<insert player name here> really sucked and we obviously need to get rid of him'. They have to publicly support the team even if they know there's a problem. I just hope they DO know there's a problem.

For those who saw the game: DID Milan play well for the first 60 mins?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 26 2007, 10:07 PM)
For those who saw the game: DID Milan play well for the first 60 mins?

I'm usually the first to bash te team after a bad result, but I'd say we were much the better team for the 1st hour. We seemed to back off a bit and invite pressure then, which we paid the price for with their first goal.
Bluesummers
Just wait till ronaldo recovers and then we should be fine. Gourcuff not being used is a major problem and i wish i knew the reason why carlo doesn't want to use him.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 26 2007, 09:37 PM)
it is disappointing i never thought i'd say this but for things to change i now believe a change in coach is required ohmy.gif
you cannot replace Emerson with Brocchi when you're trying to win a game when you have a talent like Gourcuff on the bench

I'm glad people are finally seeing sense.
Portman
"Let's be supportive." smile.gif
Bluesummers
Im gonna say it. I think we can make a safe bet that gilardino is gone in january. We are going to purchase either adriano, ronaldinho(im wishing), or some other striker.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 10:37 PM)
Im gonna say it.  I think we can make a safe bet that gilardino is gone in january.  We are going to purchase either adriano, ronaldinho(im wishing), or some other striker.

It's not just Gila either, how many clean sheets this season? That's 90% on the defense and keeper, to be honest, no-one is doing their job at the moment.
mishie
QUOTE (Porty @ Sep 26 2007, 10:37 PM)
"Let's be supportive."  smile.gif

what you'd rather i use foul words and say i told you so rolleyes.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 26 2007, 10:39 PM)

Thing is Mishie, some of us saw this coming but because we won the CL it was covered over. It just seems to be excuse after excuse and some of us can see through all the bull that galliani and carlo speak. We have been very lucky in the CL but not the league and we need to sort ourselves out otherwise we can forget Europe next season.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 10:37 PM)
Im gonna say it.  I think we can make a safe bet that gilardino is gone in january.  We are going to purchase either adriano, ronaldinho(im wishing), or some other striker.

Let's hope carlo goes with him then smile.gif
mishie
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 26 2007, 10:47 PM)
Thing is Mishie, some of us saw this coming but because we won the CL it was covered over. It just seems to be excuse after excuse and some of us can see through all the bull that galliani and carlo speak. We have been very lucky in the CL but not the league and we need to sort ourselves out otherwise we can forget Europe next season.

i understand what your saying to a degree and yes in the C.L we had some luck, i don't take joy in saying that Carlo should go neither am i saying he should go now, i think if the season doesn't descend into a complete disaster then at the end of this season we can have a change. obviously if we lurch from bad result to bad result then yes change mid season. I just laugh when things some people have been saying for 2 years suddenly become relavent and even tho you don't want to you agree they start leaving stupid comments wink.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 26 2007, 04:48 PM)
Let's hope carlo goes with him then smile.gif

i woudn't say carlo is at fault. It is very hard for him to do much with the little resources he has. With kalac in net, and someone like gilardino up front, what do you expect?
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 26 2007, 10:54 PM)
i understand what your saying to a degree and yes in the C.L we had some luck, i don't take joy in saying that Carlo should go neither am i saying he should go now, i think if the season doesn't descend into a complete disaster then at the end of this season we can have a change. obviously if we lurch from bad result to bad result then yes change mid season. I just laugh when things some people have been saying for 2 years suddenly become relavent  and even tho you don't want to you agree they start leaving stupid comments wink.gif

What I'm saying is that carlo has been like this for sometime, but because we won the cl It seemed to cover over.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 26 2007, 05:54 PM)
i understand what your saying to a degree and yes in the C.L we had some luck, i don't take joy in saying that Carlo should go neither am i saying he should go now, i think if the season doesn't descend into a complete disaster then at the end of this season we can have a change. obviously if we lurch from bad result to bad result then yes change mid season. I just laugh when things some people have been saying for 2 years suddenly become relavent  and even tho you don't want to you agree they start leaving stupid comments wink.gif

suddenly? na with or without calciopoli we started the season well then we're complete garbage for the first half, calciopoli had little to do with how poorly we played. then ronaldo came and everything clicked and we ha no injuries so everything smoothly. actually the way we're playing right now is the same football we played at the beginning of last season.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 10:54 PM)
i woudn't say carlo is at fault.  It is very hard for him to do much with the little resources he has.  With kalac in net, and someone like gilardino up front, what do you expect?

With that sort of attitude we might as well give up then!
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Sep 26 2007, 11:01 PM)
suddenly? na with or without calciopoli we started the season well then we're complete garbage for the first half, calciopoli had little to do with how poorly we played. then ronaldo came and everything clicked and we ha no injuries so everything smoothly. actually the way we're playing right now is the same football we played at the beginning of last season.

Exactly smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 26 2007, 05:01 PM)
With that sort of attitude we might as well give up then!

Give up lol? Who said anything about give up. I just said he has limited resources, doesn't mean he can't win games. When ronaldo comes back we'll be winning. But right now with gila upfront, it's like being a man down. Nothing wrong with that as long as someone scores.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 10:54 PM)
i woudn't say carlo is at fault.  It is very hard for him to do much with the little resources he has.  With kalac in net, and someone like gilardino up front, what do you expect?

Blue I have a question for you, why do you bash Gila yet cover for carlo? Gila scored 35 goals in two years which isn't really a bad record, whie carlo still makes strange subs after all this time.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 11:04 PM)
Give up lol?  Who said anything about give up.  I just said he has limited resources, doesn't mean he can't win games.  When ronaldo comes back we'll be winning.  But right now with gila upfront, it's like being a man down.  Nothing wrong with that as long as someone scores.

Ronaldo won't score in every game...

What about the goals we're concedeing?
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 03:37 PM)
Im gonna say it.  I think we can make a safe bet that gilardino is gone in january.  We are going to purchase either adriano, ronaldinho (im wishing)

Dumping an underperforming striker for an underperforming AND unmotivated striker? God, I hope that never sees the light of day.
Fillipo Simone
Overrating Gourcuffs abilities won't help. I've seen Brocchi score a couple of times and Yohann only once. Also, I've never experienced that Gorcuff made any differences when he came on for the last 10 minutes. Dam it, you all think we have Messi on our bench or what???

Just for that change, you would sack Carletto?? You honestly think a coach who's won the CL twice isn't up to figuring if he needs Gourcuff in or not? Gourcuff, Gourcuff,...this result has nothing to do with him. We need a AM, a fresh AM who can make a difference by coming in from the bench. No way, we need many changes, but not the coach position.

In the last 3 matches we've lost amazingly 7 points. That leaves us to be a mid-table team. So our supposed big plan of defending the CL crown and attacking the World Champion title is in real danger. I'm quite positive this team cannot repeat last seasons late winter/spring run on both fronts (and now we've a third also ahead). Most likely we will finish 3rd, even 4th or 5th in SA and reach the quaters of the CL.

All the time we've needed an some extra help. We've needed a leader. Noone was a true leader today. If Paolo could have played, I'd garantee you we would not have lost this match. We need him back as soon as possible.

We need to fly lower now. We have to minimaze our expectations and focus on every match particularly. This is very serious and very hard cause we have a team used to win.

Our management isn't blind or stupid. I have faith. Silvio and Galliani watch does damn matches, they see that we've hold our net clear only against Genoa, and did conceed in every official match ever since. Also they see Gilardino. Today, he was even good, but still not good enough. You can defend him, but I'll say - GOODBYE. I don't wanna watch those torture matches again. We need performances, we need one-man shows, we need goals and deciders. That's all what he cannot give us. So let him try do that somewere else. For me, there is no reason to defend him anymore. Ironically, this "good" performance of him today helped made my mind about it. We've lovered ou criterias with him to an emberassing level. I'm sure Makaay, Anelka or Fred would perform even better right now.

Gallian, Berlusconi, Ancelotti & Maldini, gather around and do some constructive thinking,... cool.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 26 2007, 05:04 PM)
Blue I have a question for you, why do you bash Gila yet cover for carlo? Gila scored 35 goals in two years which isn't really a bad record, whie carlo still makes strange subs after all this time.

Cause carlo is a good manager, and he is doing his job to the best of his abilities. You try managing milan than you can talk in his place.

Why do i bash gila because he scored ONLY 35 GOALS, while having something like 500 chances (I'm not exaggerating this). He socred only twice in the champions league in 2 years. That simply for a team whose main focus is Cl, IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Why does kaka have to score 10 goals when his job is to support the attack not be the attack, simply because we have a goal shy diver, who doesn't deserve to wear a milan jersey.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 26 2007, 11:09 PM)
It's like watching a rewind of the same game each week. The only different thing is the colour of the shirts  rolleyes.gif

Actually Milan played better than they did in the past games. The team was feeling fresher and there was determination in our players. Unfortunately, we lack a world class striker right now. I mean Pippo is Pippo, but he is too tightly marked and he is physically weak against Italian defenses.

p.s. I believe we will continue seeing the team give blood for a result that doesn't match the team's effort. Obviouslly because Gilardino isn't converting anything !!

QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 27 2007, 12:30 AM)
If Carlo isn't careful then we will lose a great talent in Gourcuff, just as we did in Doorasoh.
He got man of the match every time he played for France but couldn't get on the pitch for more than 15mins for us

Dahoroso was like 30 yrs old when he came. He was just added depth, nothing more nothing less.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 27 2007, 12:31 AM)
I didn't see the game.

For those who did: what didn't work? What broke in the second half? Is it the players? Is it any one particular player? Is it the team as a whole? Is it Carletto?

I'm curious.

It was a very good performance from the team. Our midfield created a lot and ARE unlucky not to have scored at least 3 goals. Our striker situation is hurting us and is the reason we are being punished by these teams.

The whole midfield played a splendid game. I was surprised to see Kalac at goal, but I think he did pretty well there too, though the first goal we conceded was in some sense do to his positioning.

Our defense was good and solid for the most part of the game, Nesta and Kakha isolated Micolli and Amauri's attempts and forced Palermo to shoot from out side the 18 yard.

p.s. We lost because the team didn't score more than once !! Had we scored another goal, the whole game would have changed. We would have cruised till the final whistle. But playing at the Barbera, against a highly motivated Palermo and we have no strikers .. That was where we lost the game.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 11:12 PM)
Cause carlo is a good manager, and he is doing his job to the best of his abilities.  You try managing milan than you can talk in his place.
Why do i bash gila because he scored ONLY 35 GOALS, while having something like 500 chances (I'm not exaggerating this).  He socred only twice in the champions league in 2 years.  That simply for a team whose main focus is Cl, IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  Why does kaka have to score 10 goals when his job is to support the attack not be the attack, simply because we have a goal shy diver, who doesn't deserve to wear a milan jersey.

I'm sorry but when you say carlo is doing the job to the best of his abilities then IMO he is not good enough either. I just read his post match comments and all i could see was excuse after excuse, now this is not what I want to hear from a top class manager. Top class managers don't need excuses.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 11:12 PM)
Cause carlo is a good manager, and he is doing his job to the best of his abilities.  You try managing milan than you can talk in his place.
Why do i bash gila because he scored ONLY 35 GOALS, while having something like 500 chances (I'm not exaggerating this).  He socred only twice in the champions league in 2 years.  That simply for a team whose main focus is Cl, IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  Why does kaka have to score 10 goals when his job is to support the attack not be the attack, simply because we have a goal shy diver, who doesn't deserve to wear a milan jersey.

I think that sums it up, CL is our priority, what a joke. rolleyes.gif

If I_Ross can't bash Carlo, why can you bash Gila? He IS our current top scorer, ***** at Pippo and the other none-scorers first, which includes Ronaldo by the way. wink.gif

No-one in this forum can do a better job than Gila, and obviously neither can anyone in the Milan team, so you have no right to bash him. Well, going on what you said, no-one is allowed to bash, unless they could do a better job, which clearly none of us can. rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 27 2007, 12:18 AM)
I'm sorry but when you say carlo is doing the job to the best of his abilities then IMO he is not good enough either. I just read his post match comments and all i could see was excuse after excuse, now this is not what I want to hear from a top class manager. Top class managers don't need excuses.

No, they leave their sincking ship like Mourniho,...

So be my guest,.. wink.gif

Carlettos words:

Angry Ancelotti Slams Referee

The Milan coach blamed referee Farina for the undeserved defeat suffered by the Rossoneri at Palermo on Wednesday evening in the fifth matchday of Serie A.

Carlo Ancelotti was fuming at the end of the match against the Rosanero which his team lost 2-1, not for the performance of his side, but with the referee's direction which was far from perfect.

"Yes, this defeat angers me a lot," admitted the Milan coach. "First because it was not deserved, secondly because we were very much penalized from what they told me. A deserved defeat is accepted much more than this."

Milan was mostly unhappy due to Palermo's equalizer, where Amauri caught the ball with his hands.

"A player who jumps like this is very probable that he catches the ball with his hand," he said.

"It was a huge mistake by the referee, just like missing a goal in front of an empty net."

However, Ancelotti still found positive things from this defeat.

"We scored, created opportunities and hit the post twice. Maybe the only thing is that we could be sharper. We could have increased the advantage, but we couldn't do more," concluded a disappointed Ancelotti
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2007, 05:10 PM)
Overrating Gourcuffs abilities won't help. I've seen Brocchi score a couple of times and Yohann only once. Also, I've never experienced that Gorcuff made any differences when he came on for the last 10 minutes. Dam it, you all think we have Messi on our bench or what???

Just for that change, you would sack Carletto?? You honestly think a coach who's won the CL twice isn't up to figuring if he needs Gourcuff in or not? Gourcuff, Gourcuff,...this result has nothing to do with him.

And maybe you are underrating him. wink.gif He is certainly a more attacking player. He had what, 10 starts last season? And he managed 5-6 assists plus 2 goals. He has always linked up great with Kaka and Seedorf and has given us more attacking options. Sometimes the little things make the difference. Like playing Firoi for a change or Bonera in Kaladze's place or playing Gourcuff instead of "just another defensive midfielder".

So no, it's not all down to Gourcuff, but all the little things that can make the difference.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 26 2007, 05:19 PM)
I think that sums it up, CL is our priority, what a joke.  rolleyes.gif

If I_Ross can't bash Carlo, why can you bash Gila? He IS our current top scorer, ***** at Pippo and the other none-scorers first, which includes Ronaldo by the way.  wink.gif

How on bloody earth is Gila our current top scorer? rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2007, 12:19 AM)
I think that sums it up, CL is our priority, what a joke.  rolleyes.gif

If I_Ross can't bash Carlo, why can you bash Gila? He IS our current top scorer, ***** at Pippo and the other none-scorers first, which includes Ronaldo by the way.  wink.gif

No-one in this forum can do a better job than Gila, and obviously neither can anyone in the Milan team, so you have no right to bash him.

What? I don't get you??? Gilardino? Why is he our top scorer???

NOOOOOO!!! Hanging on Alberto Gilardino is a deception that could lead us to the very end of everything.

And stop with those "so-called" statistics that support Gilardino. Once there was a player that played 7 matches and scored 7 goals, after which he retired. So he scored in every match he played, has a 100% recored. Does that make him great?
mishie
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2007, 11:25 PM)

NOOOOOO!!! Hanging on Alberto Gilardino is a deception that could lead us to the very end of everything.

And stop with those "so-called" statistics that support Gilardino. Once there was a player that played 7 matches and scored 7 goals, after which he retired. So he scored in every match he played, has a 100% recored. Does that make him great?

of course it does...it was me! biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 26 2007, 11:24 PM)
How on bloody earth is Gila our current top scorer? rolleyes.gif

I meant reigning top scorer, he scored the most league goals for us last season, yet he's still **** apparently. Well if he's so bad, we obviously need a new manager, he's the one that picks him to play.

1 win in 5 games, you have to seriously look at it, we've played 3 very easy games and we're struggling. rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 26 2007, 11:39 PM)

From now on you don't have to be worried with any of my words.
mishie
QUOTE (Porty @ Sep 26 2007, 11:28 PM)
From now on you don't have to be worried with any of my words.

i wasn't worried, i just didn't like them
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2007, 11:25 PM)

Stop making excuses. rolleyes.gif

Our best XI can no longer hack it against half decent teams, Nesta is having a shocking season, Kaka' has been too quiet so far.

In my opinion, Seedorf, Pirlo, Janku and Oddo are the only 4 guys worthy of a place in our team at the moment, the rest have been nothing short of sh!t, this includes Kaka'.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2007, 05:25 PM)
Once there was a player that played 7 matches and scored 7 goals, after which he retired. So he scored in every match he played, has a 100% recored. Does that make him great?

Kind of... tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2007, 02:31 AM)
Stop making excuses.  rolleyes.gif

Our best XI can no longer hack it against half decent teams, Nesta is having a shocking season, Kaka' has been too quiet so far.

In my opinion, Seedorf, Pirlo, Janku and Oddo are the only 4 guys worthy of a place in our team at the moment, the rest have been nothing short of sh!t, this includes Kaka'.

Did u watch the game ?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 26 2007, 05:31 PM)

I agree with you there but with your previous comment i do not. What can you expect of carlo, to field willy and expect him to score better than gila? 1 win in 5 games, what do you expect him to do. Last season we were able to win the CL because of one man doing the job for others. We were able to secure forth place because we played like we had nothing to lose. No one in our forums can do a better job than gila, i'd be willing to wager on that. Carlo is a great manager, he's won the CL more than once, which is something even the likes of mourinho (best manager in the world imo) hasn't done yet.

As far as gila goes, to many hes nothing but a goal shy diver who managed to produce 35 goals out of 500 chances. rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2007, 12:31 AM)

Whatch it!

I fail to see your logic? Why should we sack our coach?? He has no alternative, either Gilardino or Pippo.

I'd say - let's sack Gallliani, Kalac, Gilardino, the whole attack, the Milan doctor, Romano Prodi,...everyone befor Carlo Ancelotti.

We should be reasonable. What if we sacked him? Ya think Mourinho would join us?? Not in the,...
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 06:36 PM)
I agree with you there but with your previous comment i do not.  What can you expect of carlo, to field willy and expect him to score better than gila?  1 win in 5 games, what do you expect him to do.  Last season we were able to win the CL because of one man doing the job for others.  We were able to secure forth place because we played like we had nothing to lose.  No one in our forums can do a better job than gila, i'd be willing to wager on that.  Carlo is a great manager, he's won the CL more than once, which is something even the likes of mourinho (best manager in the world imo) hasn't done yet.

As far as gila goes, to many hes nothing but a goal shy diver who managed to produce 35 goals out of 500 chances.  rolleyes.gif

correction carlo is a great coach to win CL.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2007, 11:33 PM)
Did u watch the game ?

Yes, for f*ck sake. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 26 2007, 11:36 PM)
I agree with you there but with your previous comment i do not.  What can you expect of carlo, to field willy and expect him to score better than gila?  1 win in 5 games, what do you expect him to do.  Last season we were able to win the CL because of one man doing the job for others.  We were able to secure forth place because we played like we had nothing to lose.  No one in our forums can do a better job than gila, i'd be willing to wager on that.  Carlo is a great manager, he's won the CL more than once, which is something even the likes of mourinho (best manager in the world imo) hasn't done yet.

As far as gila goes, to many hes nothing but a goal shy diver who managed to produce 35 goals out of 500 chances.  rolleyes.gif

You're seriously saying that people can do a better job than Gila? Then I think that brings us back to Carlo, what kind of great manager plays a guy that's worse than none-professionals?

Carlo has won the CL more than once? Yes, he has. But I don't see what the past has to do with any of this. This is our 07/08 team, not any other. Alot of people on here seem to look into what players (Like Nesta, Rino, etc.) have DONE for the club, and not what they are actually doing as of now.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2007, 05:39 PM)
Whatch it!

I fail to see your logic? Why should we sack our coach?? He has no alternative, either Gilardino or Pippo.

I'd say - let's sack Gallliani, Kalac, Gilardino, the whole attack, the Milan doctor, Romano Prodi,...everyone befor Carlo Ancelotti.

We should be reasonable. What if we sacked him? Ya think Mourinho would join us?? Not in the,...

Thank you; you made what i wanted to say much more clear.

+1 Great post. Exactly what i was aiming at.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2007, 06:39 PM)
Whatch it!

ya i agree with that. i dont think carlo should be sacked but he surely isnt helping us right now.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2007, 12:41 AM)
Yes, for f*ck sake.  rolleyes.gif
You're seriously saying that people can do a better job than Gila? Then I think that brings us back to Carlo, what kind of great manager plays a guy that's worse than none-professionals?

Carlo has won the CL more than once? Yes, he has. But I don't see what the past has to do with any of this. This is our 07/08 team, not any other. Alot of people on here seem to look into what players (Like Nesta, Rino, etc.) have DONE for the club, and not what they are actually doing as of now.

You know, unlike many other clubs, Milan is a club of tradition and allways respects the past. We are not Barcelona who sack/fire half of their team when times got hard. Milan survived more then a century with hanging onto their roots and their policy, so I don't see how a Palermo match in 2007 can change that.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 27 2007, 02:46 AM)
You know, unlike many other clubs, Milan is a club of tradition and allways respects the past. We are not Barcelona who sack/fire half of their team when times got hard. Milan survived more then a century with hanging onto their roots and their policy, so I don't see how a Palermo match in 2007 can change that.

I think u just hit the nail with the hammer king.gif

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2007, 02:41 AM)
Yes, for f*ck sake.  rolleyes.gif

aha .. Just checking.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2007, 11:46 PM)

You're missing the point entirely.

I;m not saying forget your history. But stop using excuses like "Milan are European Champions, of course we'll come through." Because that's not going to be the case.

I give up with it anyways, the results just keep getting worse, some of you guys still seem to think we've got no problems, you're only kidding yourselves and you know it.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2007, 02:49 AM)
I give up with it anyways, the results just keep getting worse, some of you guys still seem to think we've got no problems, you're only kidding yourselves and you know it.

Nope, we have faith. Milan is a BIG club with world class players. the start of the season didn't meet our expectations as we finished last season off with a high note. But that is normal, Milan almost ALWAYS start out slow. We have only played 5 games out of 38, how on earth would that be a reason for alarm ? And cosidering u watched the match, we TOTALLY dominated till the 70th minute, but ur 5star striker didn't show up today.
bigmacmtl
oh and not to mention we havent played the CWC, while all the toher clubs are resting their players our "aged' squad is going to be even more tired than everyone else. i thought we needed to enlarge the squad with all the extra games but no instead nothing has changed.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2007, 12:49 AM)
You're missing the point entirely.

I;m not saying forget your history. But stop using excuses like "Milan are European Champions, of course we'll come through." Because that's not going to be the case.

Am I saying we have no problem?? Am I saying everything is allright?

I'm just observing our options. And right now I have the opinion that attacking Carletto, or saying that Nesta, Kaka, Gattuso or the other 4 players left play like sh@t. This statement is exactly as helpful as the statement you've mentioned ("Milan are European Champions, of course we'll come through."). Do you expect Carlo to bench Rino, Nesta and Pippo and give Willy Aubawhatever the chance, and yes, invent by the way some clones of Messi, Dos Santos and Bojan?

Right now our calculation is - transfers=0, youth program/primaveras=0

So, 0+0=0.
And that means, for god sake, let's stick to that what's left. And that means, and this following statement is to point it out clearly only my opinion, all the Milan players except Gilardino who wasted his chances and our patience for my taste.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2007, 11:54 PM)
Nope, we have faith. Milan is a BIG club with world class players. the start of the season didn't meet our expectations as we finished last season off with a high note. But that is normal, Milan almost ALWAYS start out slow. We have only played 5 games out of 38, how on earth would that be a reason for alarm ? And cosidering u watched the match, we TOTALLY dominated till the 70th minute, but ur 5star striker didn't show up today.

We did play well today, but isn't that more alarming to you?

We dominate a game, take the lead AND lose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.