Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what players we need to buy in the summer
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 17 2007, 10:49 PM)
Oh I think they got the reality of the situation by now, Ricky has just bought a new house in Milano .. I forgot which part though .. It is supposed to be something HUGE .. Just like Sheva's old place smile.gif

Just like Sheva's, huh!?? rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 17 2007, 10:53 PM)
Just like Sheva's, huh!?? rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't f2ck with my hi ! hehe ..
kurtsimonw
Hmm. I was just thinking about next summer (Already, I know!).

What if we do not win the European Cup, surely we'd attract even less players than this summer? Our aging squad will also be a year older. Maldini, Pippo, Serginho and a few others may well be gone or a long way past their best.

We need to buy players now while we're in pole position. If we have a poor year in the up coming season, we could be seriously fvcked for a while.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 17 2007, 11:36 PM)
What if we do not win the European Cup, surely we'd attract even less players than this summer? Our aging squad will also be a year older. Maldini, Pippo, Serginho and a few others may well be gone or a long way past their best.

I think a young RB is an obvious enough necessity for 08/09... I believe it will be Marzoratti or someone experienced who will come in... I doubt we'll buy any young RB.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 17 2007, 11:36 PM)
Hmm. I was just thinking about next summer (Already, I know!).

We need to buy players now while we're in pole position. If we have a poor year in the up coming season, we could be seriously fvcked for a while.

I doubt that ... Even if we end up empty handed at the end of this season, I think many players would be attracted at the prospect of playing for Milan. I am certain that the best of the best would switch to Milan in a blink of an eye .. therefor, average players would (as dst would say..) give head to play in Milan wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 17 2007, 08:45 PM)
I doubt that ... Even if we end up empty handed at the end of this season, I think many players would be attracted at the prospect of playing for Milan. I am certain that the best of the best would switch to Milan in a blink of an eye .. therefor, average players would (as dst would say..) give head to play in Milan wink.gif

That's exactly what I thought, but we're European Champions, even average players like Suazo are picking other teams over us. We're having so much difficulty now, I don't even want to imagine what it'd be like if we didn't win anything next year.

Average players, maybe we can still get them, but do Milan want average players? Not unless we want to start playing in the UEFA Cup.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 17 2007, 11:53 PM)
That's exactly what I thought, but we're European Champions, even average players like Suazo are picking other teams over us. We're having so much difficulty now, I don't even want to imagine what it'd be like if we didn't win anything next year.

I think we haven't really fought for anybody to consider this summer transfer window a failure... if you don't try then you don't get... simple as that! I'm quite sure that if Silvio and co. really wanted it, Henry (for example) would be ours!

So, if you ask me, I don't fear we will have any problems attracting great players even if we do have a lousy season in the up-coming one... I don't know how bumptious this might sound to some but Milan will always be Milan!
fresh_prince7
AC Milan to offer £10M for Real Madrid's Baptista
tribalfooball.com - July 18, 2007

AC Milan are moving for Real Madrid attacker Julio Baptista.
Baptista's representatives have assured Milan that the Brazilian will gain his Spanish passport next month, which will smooth his switch to the San Siro.

Milan are ready to offer £10 million for Baptista, who enjoyed an outstanding Copa America.

---------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan to bid for Roma winger Mancini

AC Milan are moving for Roma winger Amantino Mancini.
Milan are banking on Mancini becoming available after Roma's capture of Barcelona winger Ludovic Giuly.

The European champs have already mentioned their interest in Mancini to his agent, Gilmar Veloz, during talks over Internacional striker Alexandre Pato.

AC Milan confident beating Chelsea for Pato

AC Milan are convinced they'll beat Chelsea to land Internacional de Porto Alegre striker Alexandre Pato.
The influence of Milan chief Leonardo has convinced Pato to choose the Rossoneri over Chelsea, according to TgSetteSport yesterday.

Milan are willing to wait until the January market to bring the Pato to Italy.

AC Milan eyeing CSKA Moscow striker Vagner Love

AC Milan are considering a move for CSKA Moscow striker Vagner Love.
Milan watched Love star for Brazil in this month's Copa America and are now weighing up a bid for the forward.

AC Milan ask Zaragoza to name Milito price
tribalfooball.com - July 17, 2007

AC Milan have expressed interest in Real Zaragoza striker Diego Milito.
Milan chiefs asked Zaragoza to name their price for Milito during negotiations over Ricardo Oliveira's loan move to Spain.

Zaragoza are reluctant to sell Milito, despite the arrival of Oliveira, who is seen more as a replacement for the departing Ewerthon.

The usual b/s, just thought I'd post it for the sake of it.
Fillipo Simone
^^

Julio Baptista - unsure.gif

Mancini - happy.gif

Pato - biggrin.gif

Vagner Love - puke.gif

Milito - smile.gif

Thats all tribal deserves,..
Jack Sparrow
Ilsinho is that guy we were gonna buy in Jan...you know as a RB replacement for Cafu. Cafu even went out and said he's seen the kid play and thinks he's got it in him.

Zidaninho = Little Zidane= l'petit' Zidane...now I'm obviously not talking about Clarence Seedorf....go figure. tongue.gif
aLbErTo
i'm starting to fell that we're going to sing "too little to late" after this years transfer market biggrin.gif mancini would be a great add to the team, but i wish that we could use him as a right back, like cappelo used him when he brought him...i thought then that he's going to be a new cafu...lets make him that biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif + pato and we're cool tongue.gif
dst
I'm certainly not content with Pato only... I want a young Italian defender! Nesta suggested we should get Barzagli... well, I'm not the biggest fan myself but if Alessandro likes him, who am I to disagree!!??
Jack Sparrow
Is Barzagli that good? If I hate this era of football, it's been because of the declining standards of the defensive game. *cough*EPL*cough*

Where are the rock solid stoppers?? Where are the tough yet elegant fullbacks??
Tennie
Luisao, anyone?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 6 2007, 02:05 PM)
Where are the rock solid stoppers?? Where are the tough yet elegant fullbacks??

John Terry and Jamie Carragher are exactly that. cool.gif
Tennie
Tough? Yes. John Terry is not what I'd call elegant, however. Maldini and Nesta are elegant. Terry...well, I admit I don't like him much but he IS effective. Reminds me a bit of a bulldog in his tenacity.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 6 2007, 06:03 PM)
Tough? Yes. John Terry is not what I'd call elegant, however. Maldini and Nesta are elegant. Terry...well, I admit I don't like him much but he IS effective. Reminds me a bit of a bulldog in his tenacity.

I was reffering to Terry as the rock solid kind, rather than the elegant. But I do agree with what you said.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 6 2007, 09:12 PM)
I was reffering to Terry as the rock solid kind, rather than the elegant. But I do agree with what you said.

Terry is, IMO, the best defender in Britain atm ... But he is no Maldini and no Nesta .. (@Tennie, definitely not Cannavaro..) So, as u can see Maldini and Nesta have set the standards to high for Terry to even compete
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 7 2007, 02:00 AM)
Terry is, IMO, the best defender in Britain atm ... But he is no Maldini and no Nesta .. (@Tennie, definitely not Cannavaro..) So, as u can see Maldini and Nesta have set the standards to high for Terry to even compete

Agreed 100%

Except that Martin Laursen's the best defender in Britain. biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Ahh yeah Laursen definitely. Well Milan considered him sh!t, no wonder he's the bomb for Britain. tongue.gif wink.gif

Play with Serie A cast offs and talk abot solid defence. Bah humbug!!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 7 2007, 03:38 AM)
Ahh yeah Laursen definitely. Well Milan considered him sh!t, no wonder he's the bomb for Britain. tongue.gif wink.gif

Play with Serie A cast offs and talk abot solid defence. Bah humbug!!

I wouldn't say Milan considered him sh!t. Being stuck behind Nesta/Maldini/Stam is hardly the ideal situation for anybody.

You could say the same about Stam, Premier League cast off. wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Stam attained Serie A Salvation. He was always too good for the EPL. tongue.gif

And as u said, Laursen was stuck behind Stam. Tells you a lot. tongue.gif
Tennie
The transfer window has been closed for ten days and the stories are starting up again.

Among the various rumors going around is that Milan will make a move for Fabio Quagliarella from Udinese in January. I give this story a tiny bit more credence than the others because it appears in a Mediaset source.

link
Jack Sparrow
It's bigmac...he's been making Galliani smoke the Montreal dope.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 10 2007, 12:12 PM)
It's bigmac...he's been making Galliani smoke the Montreal dope.

lol i see we a rep for that now?? tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
...if the bill fits why not. So how is the dope in Montreal anyway?? tongue.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 10 2007, 01:03 PM)
...if the bill fits why not. So how is the dope in Montreal anyway?? tongue.gif

you'll have to come and find out cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 10 2007, 03:11 PM)
The transfer window has been closed for ten days and the stories are starting up again.

Among the various rumors going around is that Milan will make a move for Fabio Quagliarella from Udinese in January. I give this story a tiny bit more credence than the others because it appears in a Mediaset source.

link

Yup it's on ControCampo too ... But the report says that the situation is to resolve a dispute with Ronaldo ohmy.gif (maybe has something to do with his injury..)

Don't know if there is any foundation to this talk; but Quagiarella would be a very good option king.gif
KillerMax
Next summer:

OUT: Cafu, Fiori, Maldini, Favalli, Serginho, Digao, Ba, Brocchi, Willy, Gilardino

IN: Zambrotta, Grimi, Curci, Kolo Toure, Ledesma, Adriano(Sevilla), Drogba, Huntelaar.

So, it would look like this:

GK: Dida, Curci, Kalac

DF: Oddo, Zambrotta, Jankulovski, Grimi, Nesta, Kolo Toure, Bonera, Kaladze, Simic, Darmian

MF: Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso, Emerson, Ledesma, Adriano, Ambrosini, Kaka, Gourcuff

ST: Ronaldo, Pato, Drogba, Huntelaar, Inzaghi

What do you think of that? I think that team is really great. Almost perfect in terms of balance, youth and experience and the team almost stays the same but with some healthy additions. I love it.
Jack Sparrow
Isn't Adriano as winger? And no we won't get Toure! I don't see why we need Huntelaar AND Drogba. Too expensive! I'd rather keep Gila on as a second/third choice. Coz if you look at it, except for Pippo, none of the players u mention are the ones who like to be on the bench. And Carlo doesn't rotate his strikers much.

Maybe instead of Adriano I'd call in Ballack. I'd like van der vaart, but for his price, we couldn't afford to not play him, leaving Gourcuff in the lurch.
KillerMax
What was Serginho? A GK? Adriano, to me, is the closest and the most suited player out there to replace Serginho.

Pato will be only 19 and Pippo 35. Ronaldo will be injured most of the time and even more at 32.

Drogba and Huntelaar will get PLENTY of chances to play.

And who said Carletto will be our coach next season? Who knows? wink.gif
Rossoneri7
Too much imagination there max ... when Milan get in the market, they will be looking for experience, not adriano and huntelaar. Drogba?! Yes, I believe there is a possibility (if not Etoo or R10).

Don't get me wrong, I like the options on ur list, but the club is AC Milan not FC Real Madrid wink.gif

And I don't believe Carlo would leave nor would Galliani fire him ..
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 3 2007, 07:19 AM)
And no we won't get Toure!

Why not!! dry.gif

I want him or Puyolinho!!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 3 2007, 09:29 AM)
Why not!! dry.gif

I want him or Puyolinho!!!

The possibility of Puyol with us is the same as Gattuso with Barcelona,.. rolleyes.gif . But yes, he would have been great,..
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 3 2007, 11:31 AM)
The possibility of Puyol with us is the same as Gattuso with Barcelona,.. rolleyes.gif . But yes, he would have been great,..

I don't agree... Puyol wouldn't just turn down this move. When you're chosen to take Maldini's place, no matter if you earn E1b a week, you think seriously about it!!
Tennie
I feel guilty reporting news from the Portuguese press ahead of Porty, but Portuguese sports daily O Jogo is reporting that Ricardo Carvalho may be on his way to Milan as early as January.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 3 2007, 03:03 PM)
I feel guilty reporting news from the Portuguese press ahead of Porty, but Portuguese sports daily O Jogo is reporting that Ricardo Carvalho may be on his way to Milan as early as January.

That'd be a good purchase. but will it happen?! NO. because we are European champions and we already have a very complete squad! you know what I mean?! wink.gif sad.gif

I think Juventus are ahead of Milan for Carvalho.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.