Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what players we need to buy in the summer
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
dst
why should we keep Borriello and Oli?? They should have already gone!!! Get me some great young forward ffs!!
Tennie
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the rule about how many players from the youth system a Serie A team needs to have? I seem to recall that the number will be going up in the next couple of years.
dst
I think it's 3.
whoarethepatriots
If olivera was a young 18 year old hotshot striker, then i would give him a few years to settle, but like someone mentioned before i am not sure if he has what it takes to succeed.

Gila for example has been far from perfect, but he has shown flashes of brilliance and there is a way to turn him more consistent, im sure of it
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 31 2007, 11:27 AM)
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the rule about how many players from the youth system a Serie A team needs to have? I seem to recall that the number will be going up in the next couple of years.

I think the complete rule is something like.. 2 players are needed that 'graduated' through your youth system. Then 4 other players that have been brought through another Italian teams youth system, meaning at least 6 players that have been brought through Italian youth teams.

There's also the chance I could be wrong. rolleyes.gif

If olivera was a young 18 year old hotshot striker, then i would give him a few years to settle, but like someone mentioned before i am not sure if he has what it takes to succeed.

Gila for example has been far from perfect, but he has shown flashes of brilliance and there is a way to turn him more consistent, im sure of it

Then it's obvious Italian teams lack patience, if Juve had given Henry more time, they'd have had a World Class striker on their hands.. Same with us and Vieira, he barely played a season!

Oliviera didn't go from a top striker in Spain to absoloutly nothing for no reason.. He's played what? 20 games this season? With the likes of Brocchi and Gourcuff in the midfield. If he was playing week in, week out in the first Milan team, fair enough. He's hardly been given that chance though.
han2503
QUOTE (maldini03 @ May 30 2007, 10:01 PM)
I Disagree i would rather take an old beaten up worn out Italian then a Brazilian, simply because brazilians apart from Kaka wouldnt care how well threir ITALIAN team is doing its about the money for them. Most(not all) Italian players care how their italian team is doing. Pazzini is much better then Gila and his carreer isnt even started yet i would be happy to buy him and loan him out. fair? How do you know Torres won't make it he has never been to Italy and with Kaka and Pirlo feeding you balls who wouldnt make it apart from Gila and Olivera? tongue.gif  I would take 1 of the 2 brazilians but both is too much and if we do get them next year we will have the same problem  sad.gif  I woud like De Rossi even though it is impossible he will never leave Roma. As for Rossi i say bu him and loan him out, my point is to get a young player ( forward ) who we can use in a few years. About now we need some one BIG not Sheva or Eto'o or Ronnie

We need to look out for the good of the team, and if getting rid of a mediocre Italian player and replaceing him with a better Brazilian means it's better for the team then I have no problem with it.

No matter how many Brazilians come in Milan will always have an Italian core, that is the most important thing.

And come one Pazzini is not better than Gila, at his age Gila was tearing up Serie A and competing with Sheva for the capoccionera crown. And Gila might not have shown his full potential at Milan but he is still good enough to give us at least 15 goals per season. You simply can't get rid of Gila and bring in Pazzini.

As I said of Rossi, I like the kid he's a very good player and has great technique and would love to have him at Milan BUT he is not a big enough player to lead our attack, he's too young and we need someone who could come in and make an instant impact.

Pazzini and Rossi are definately not the boys for that job.

De Rossi has previously said that he COULD leave Roma even though I find that highly unlikely. But there could still be a slight possibility for him.
Tennie
Just a quick clarification on an earlier post I made: I quite like Rossi and think he'd be a very good investment for Milan. But not as the 'superstar striker' to lead our attack. Not yet, anyway. I agree that Milan need someone more established and proven to fill that role next season. I also think it possible that at least one of Borriello/Oliveira/Gila will leave in the summer, so we really do need new blood.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 31 2007, 04:03 PM)
Just a quick clarification on an earlier post I made: I quite like Rossi and think he'd be a very good investment for Milan. But not as the 'superstar striker' to lead our attack. Not yet, anyway. I agree that Milan need someone more established and proven to fill that role next season. I also think it possible that at least one of Borriello/Oliveira/Gila will leave in the summer, so we really do need new blood.

I think Boriello is definately out, Oli is at the tresh hold but I personally would like to keep him for 1 more season and see what he can actually doonce he get's his act together, but that's just me, I'm sure many would disagree with me.

Gila is definately in, these Juve Rumours will never die down simply because Gila once admitted that he was a Juventino when he was a child, Pippo and R9 are very injury prone and with all the games we have to play next season he knows that he will definately get his chances, just like the ones he got this season when he was playing like sh!t.

And I agree with you on the Rossi part, he's a great talent, but definately not a big enough name to headline our summer transfer campaign and definately not big enough to lead our attack.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 31 2007, 04:13 PM)
I think Boriello is definately out, Oli is at the tresh hold but I personally would like to keep him for 1 more season and see what he can actually doonce he get's his act together, but that's just me, I'm sure many would disagree with me.

Gila is definately in, these Juve Rumours will never die down simply because Gila once admitted that he was a Juventino when he was a child, Pippo and R9 are very injury prone and with all the games we have to play next season he knows that he will definately get his chances, just like the ones he got this season when he was playing like sh!t.

And I agree with you on the Rossi part, he's a great talent, but definately not a big enough name to headline our summer transfer campaign and definately not big enough to lead our attack.

To say I don't agree with everything you just said there, would be a lie. Spot on han. wink.gif
rivera
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 30 2007, 10:08 PM)
Milan DOES own Nicola Pozzi, who's been very good for Empoli. Hopefully they'll recall him.

I agree with Maldini03: I'd rather see more Italians in the team than more Brazilians. (And yes, my wish list includes Zambrotta).

Pozzi will never be good enough for Milan. He is not even as good as Gilardino. Let's not forget that he played for a small team, he isn't used to pressure, so I don't think he has the wight qualities in order to play for Milan.
Tennie
Pozzi is very young and Empoli, while small, had extremely good results this year - they're playing in UEFA Cup next year, after all. If we recall him then it would be as 4th striker. He'd have /awfully/ good role models to learn from in Pippo and Ronaldo.
rivera
Bad news guys sad.gif . While we are talking Manchester U. just stroke the hell out of the transfer market. I am mad like hell !!! They bought Nani and Anderson !!! Two great palyers that will put definetely a decent mark upon the next decade of football. Now why the hell don't we make such signings? Ancelotti talks and talks about so many players that want to join Milan. I ask you...If it is so, why don't we just make true deals for true players? I am sick of it !!! realmad.gif . For godness sake, wake up Galliani and Braida angry.gif
Tennie
Well, talented as Nani and Anderson doubtless are, they're both wingers, and Milan doesn't play with wingers.
kurtsimonw
I thought Anderson played at the back?

I may have him confused with somebody else.
Tennie
Hrm. Not sure. Anderson is definitely an AM, very much like the current crop of Portuguese AMs (though Anderson himself is Brazilian).
rivera
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 31 2007, 07:20 PM)
Pozzi is very young and Empoli, while small, had extremely good results this year - they're playing in UEFA Cup next year, after all. If we recall him then it would be as 4th striker. He'd have /awfully/ good role models to learn from in Pippo and Ronaldo.

Yes, I agree with you about the fact that Empoli had great results in seria A, and of course Pozzi made his mark too in addition to his teammates, but I simply can't see in him a great player, not even in the far future. In my opinion he is more than limited.
I see in him the perfect copy of Gilardino, when Gila used to play at Parma. More than that if we try to recall Gila had an even greater performance than Pozzi. He scored in the last two seasons at Parma over 40 goals.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 31 2007, 07:33 PM)
Hrm. Not sure. Anderson is definitely an AM, very much like the current crop of Portuguese AMs (though Anderson himself is Brazilian).

Brazilian ace Anderson has been widely dubbed 'the new Ronaldinho'.

It seems you're right, I must have him confused with somebody, no idea who though.
rivera
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 31 2007, 07:28 PM)
Well, talented as Nani and Anderson doubtless are, they're both wingers, and Milan doesn't play with wingers.

Both could easily play in the role of Seedorf, if we continue to use the system 4-3-2-1, like we did in the Champions League. And trust me, they are great talents, with a huge potential. A shame Milan can't see that. On the other hand we want to buy Emerson, another "old guy". I think even more important than his years is his lack of motivation.
And I ask again, why don't we buy Yaya Toure instead of Emerson. Toure is young extremely talented, pretty expert as he played the Champions League with Olympiakos, and without doubt the best player from Monaco.
KillerMax
lol, Gila >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pozzi

And everyone knows I don't rate Gila highly at all.
rivera
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 31 2007, 07:30 PM)
I thought Anderson played at the back?

I may have him confused with somebody else.

I am talking about Anderson from Porto, and not Andersson Polga from Benfica goodheart.gif
rivera
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 31 2007, 07:44 PM)
lol, Gila >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pozzi

And everyone knows I don't rate Gila highly at all.

Believe me, same type of players, both lack talent like I lack love for Inter devil.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (rivera @ May 31 2007, 01:49 PM)
Believe me, same type of players, both lack talent like I lack love for Inter devil.gif

That only tells me you somewhat love inter. wink.gif
maldini03
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 31 2007, 07:56 AM)
We need to look out for the good of the team, and if getting rid of a mediocre Italian player and replaceing him with a better Brazilian means it's better for the team then I have no problem with it.

No matter how many Brazilians come in Milan will always have an Italian core, that is the most important thing.

And come one Pazzini is not better than Gila, at his age Gila was tearing up Serie A and competing with Sheva for the capoccionera crown. And Gila might not have shown his full potential at Milan but he is still good enough to give us at least 15 goals per season. You simply can't get rid of Gila and bring in Pazzini.

As I said of Rossi, I like the kid he's a very good player and has great technique and would love to have him at Milan BUT he is not a big enough player to lead our attack, he's too young and we need someone who could come in and make an instant impact.

Pazzini and Rossi are definately not the boys for that job.

De Rossi has previously said that he COULD leave Roma even though I find that highly unlikely. But there could still be a slight possibility for him.

Agree to Disagree And a guy like Anderson wont do anything in United until like a good 2 years. Gilardino isnt that great and neither is Pozzi Milan needs a great forward I like Pazzinihe is good i agree he is a little young so is Rossi so is everyone else we cant get oldies thats useless I dont know who we need but if its anyone good ill be content i want a BIG name how about that guy we targeted last year the young brazilian kid he was really good i forget his name laugh.gif Sobis something Sobis i wonder if he is still available maybe Villa? ohmy.gif
sansiro1708
omg we dont need another top striker just GET PATO for god sake
bigmacmtl
all i know is that we need to sign our players early, not wait till the last day of the transfer market so fat *** can say "oh i'm sorry all the good players have been taken, theres no one left so sign...awww too bad maybe next summer" no i refuse that scenario!!! i'lll kill him with my bare hands realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif
dst
Using a weapon always adds to the experience.
littlechris
QUOTE (4827saviola611 @ Jan 30 2007, 10:59 AM)
SILVESTRE, BROWN. KOMPANY.ALEX. HEITINGA.

MALDINI, COSTACURTA RETIRED

I dont think we need this players, let go for BARZAGLI, ISINHO, IBRAHIMOVIC, AND PATO.
We need a back up plan for oddo he is 30 and also with maldini no cosistent cos of injury barzagli we be a good a replace ment for him. in attack pato is a young exellent player he will a good asset for us.
Nova
Ronaldinho , Zambrotta , Alex.

Said it last year and I'll say it again , seitaridis !!! king.gif cool.gif

Alltough I know that in the end Milan will sign the players we need , I have good hopes biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Alex is gone Nova....Chelsea got him for a nominal 1 dollar. Any others?
Nova
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 1 2007, 10:51 AM)
Alex is gone Nova....Chelsea got him for a nominal 1 dollar. Any others?

yeah , seitaridis king.gif

Chivu ? alltough he is loyal to Roma , bravo ! I like that kind of players.

Barzagli ?

I dont know , its not like Galliani is reading these posts. or is he ?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Nova @ Jun 1 2007, 12:55 PM)
its not like Galliani is reading these posts. or is he ?

Some people believe he does rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
rivera
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 1 2007, 11:22 AM)
Some people believe he does rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif

One thing is sure, he really should read our posts graduated.gif , cause he needs it
rjpado
we have got to get younger quality defenders.
preferably 27 years old and under, being italian is a plus.

hmm i recommend barzagli, zaccardo, chiellini, kompany, heitinga and alex (psv).

i'd be happy if we get any of them.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (rivera @ Jun 1 2007, 07:43 PM)
One thing is sure, he really should read our posts graduated.gif , cause he needs it

He has been at it, for the past two decades, I doubt he would need anything other than Berlusconi's blessings king.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (rjpado @ Jun 1 2007, 05:17 PM)
we have got to get younger quality defenders.
preferably 27 years old and under, being italian is a plus.

hmm i recommend barzagli, zaccardo, chiellini, kompany, heitinga and alex (psv).

i'd be happy if we get any of them.

I really think defense is the least of our worries.

We could do with a CB as a bit of cover, we don't need a top class one though.

We're a bit short in midfield in my opinion. Rino, Ambro, Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka, Gourcuff are our only really decent players.. You can't go a season with just 6 guys. We need 2 more there.

1 decent level CB.
2 decent level Midfielders, in the mould of Ambro or Seedorf.
1 high level forward. Ibrahimovic, Henry come to mind. smile.gif
Bluesummers
1 very young cb. 18-24. We have kala, simic bonera, maldini nesta. We dont need a cb this year that much.

2-3 midfielders. One attacking and 2 dm. I would go personally for emerson and edmillson or emerson and de rossi. There both good. The other one we should get someone like gourcuff to eventually fill kaka's role. Theres no point getting someone who is the same as age as kaka to sit on the bench.

1 godlike striker: Eto or sheva:(, but i wouldn't mind either. I dont think henry will move and neither will ibra. If we get ronaldinho i guess he could play in this role too, but i can dream.
mkenya
[quote=han2503,May 31 2007, 04:13 PM]
Oli is at the tresh hold but I personally would like to keep him for 1 more season and see what he can actually doonce he get's his act together, but that's just me, I'm sure many would disagree with me.

I agree with you, Oli seems like he can make a big mark coz of his skills, touches and speed. He impresses in training and we should keep him. He needs regular play to build his confidence as I think wearing the no.7 comes with pressure and great expectations to fit in Sheva's boots.
redbabies
First of all we NEED A STAR.

Let him be a defender, midfilder, or striker.

While in totally we need:
-a LB at all costs (Sergio will never be at his best again, Janku often is not up-to-standard),
-a midfielder (Seedorf type, a strong one),
-and a GREAT striker.

Of if not a great striker, than an absolutely great midfielder.

It depends, if we wanna play with one real striker + KAKA, or 2 strikers + KAKA.
redbabies
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 2 2007, 07:46 AM)
2-3 midfielders.  One attacking and 2 dm.  I would go personally for emerson and edmillson or emerson and de rossi. There both good.  The other one we should get someone like gourcuff to eventually fill kaka's role.  Theres no point getting someone who is the same as age as kaka to sit on the bench.

there's NO WAY we will get 2 DM, or 3 midfilders at all.

we have Genaro, Ambro, and also Pirlo is in a way DM, and adding 2 more..... is this the chaos that Carlo was talking??? tongue.gif

One midfilder max. will come this summer.
misha
Talking about midfielders maybe we should go for Sissoko. He's very good, only 22 and isn't first team in Liverpool anymore. Juve wants to buy him ,but maybe we can steal him behind their nose
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 2 2007, 02:48 PM)
Talking about midfielders maybe we should go for Sissoko. He's very good, only 22 and isn't first team in Liverpool anymore. Juve wants to buy him ,but maybe we can steal him behind their nose

Sissoko wants first team football. He won't join Milan knowing he is not get to play much.
maldini03
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 2 2007, 12:48 PM)

too late biggrin.gif
misha
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 2 2007, 11:54 PM)
Sissoko wants first team football. He won't join Milan knowing he is not get to play much.

He's a great talent and if he proves in training that he deserves to play then he will. Next season will be very packed and we need a big squad.
adooooo
I don't know if you guys have brought it up, cuz i haven't visited in a while but according to newspapers in Turkey, Fenerbahces Tuncay Sanli will become a Milanplayer soon. He will join the team on a free transfer as his contract expires this year.
misha
QUOTE (adooooo @ Jun 3 2007, 12:38 AM)
I don't know if you guys have brought it up, cuz i haven't visited in a while but according to newspapers in Turkey, Fenerbahces Tuncay Sanli will become a Milanplayer soon. He will join the team on a free transfer as his contract expires this year.

http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5001

Galliani likes free transfers smile.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (adooooo @ Jun 2 2007, 03:38 PM)

Welcome back adooo! Yes, I hope and wish it's true!

No mention of Milan, but here is something:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/news...sid=544948.html
dst
Sissoko's technique is worse than Brocchi's!! rolleyes.gif

He runs and tackles a lot, that's it. He's not worth a starting XI place, not in Milan at least!
bigmacmtl
he topic is called "what players we need to buy in the summer" well we can start by actually signing players, lets get busy! galliani should be singing this song and dancing like the random guy in the sky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3CFNR80vQ
KillerMax
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jun 2 2007, 10:01 PM)
he topic is called "what players we need to buy in the summer" well we can start by actually signing players, lets get busy! galliani should be singing this song and dancing like the random guy in the sky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3CFNR80vQ

I think you may be drunk. biggrin.gif
whoarethepatriots
One Defensive mid - Probably
One Attacking Mid - Possibly
One Fullback - Possibly
One Striker - Definately

Offload one Striker - Im not mentioning any names
Loan Many Youth players out - Experience Needed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.