Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [RW] Other Leagues
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
kurtsimonw
Emre racially abused Zokora in the past. This is what happens when they finally get on the same pitch. Ouch!
Jack Bauer
And the ref gave him a yellow laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Idiots. Both of them.
Habitant
Going to montreal - phily mls game tonight.

montreal playing a back 3 of: ferrari - nesta - rivas

and a very strong possbility that i meet nesta after the game biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 4 2012, 09:40 PM) *
Going to montreal - phily mls game tonight.

montreal playing a back 3 of: ferrari - nesta - rivas

and a very strong possbility that i meet nesta after the game biggrin.gif

You are a lucky man smile.gif
Habitant
i certainly consider myself to be!

my one regret is that i have nothing for him to sign besides a couple of milan scarves.

over the years i've bought at least a dozen milan jerseys and even tho nesta was always one of my favorties i'd normally go with either maldini or one of our star midfielders or forwards at the time.
KillerMax
Have fun with that. And say hi. cool.gif
kurtsimonw
Bad, bad, penalty miss
Fillipo Simone
Red Bull Salzburg this season a real mess it seems.
dst
a couple of beautiful goals in this Greek Super League match from yesterday. The second one a bit on the ridiculous side.
kurtsimonw
Second one is amazing. Not just the finish, but that pass is inch perfect.
dst
and yet the commentator is hardly impressed... we probably have the worst commentators I've heard with no exception, they make Joe Buck sound ecstatic!

the conceding team's fans applauded the scorer of the second goal too, that was great to see.
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2012, 04:47 PM) *
and yet the commentator is hardly impressed... we probably have the worst commentators I've heard with no exception, they make Joe Buck sound ecstatic!

Nope, the Chinese have the worst commentators when it comes to soccer. dry.gif They seem so uninterested and sound so unexcited, even when something great happens in a game, that I'd rather hear something that kills me.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 2 2012, 02:36 PM) *
Nope, the Chinese have the worst commentators when it comes to soccer. dry.gif They seem so uninterested and sound so unexcited, even when something great happens in a game, that I'd rather hear something that kills me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeMFKg4hyAE

laugh.gif
acid911
Well, exceptions do have a tendency to occur. tongue.gif biggrin.gif
dst
Del Piero is very close to signing with Olympiacos!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 3 2012, 08:50 PM) *
Del Piero is very close to signing with Olympiacos!

I've heard he's on his way to Australia.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 3 2012, 10:07 PM) *
I've heard he's on his way to Australia.

Olympiacos got in the middle but latest reports indicate he has chosen Sydney in the end.
acid911
Another casualty on the football field. sad.gif This time in Sweden. RIP.

Swedish player dies on pitch after scoring goal

A 29-year-old Swedish footballer collapsed and died of a suspected cardiac arrest minutes after giving his team the lead in a league match on Sunday.

Pitea player Victor Brannstrom had scored after just four minutes against Umedalen in their Division Two North clash when he suddenly sat down and slumped over, according to local newspaper Norrlandska Socialdemokraten.

A kit man and nurse immediately administered CPR to the player until three ambulances arrived and Brannstrom was taken to Pitea hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after 4 pm (2pm UK time).

"It is completely incomprehensible. It is so tragic. This is the hardest thing I have experienced," Pitea vice-chariman Christer Berglund said.

Brannstrom, who had previously played for Helsingborgs in Sweden's top flight, had retired from the sport in January following a similar collapse but returned to action when tests indicated he had no serious heart problems.

"That also feels so damn tough but we didn't persuade him to make a comeback - Victor wanted to play himself. He trained and it went well for him," Berglund added.

Pitea hospital said that the player's heart had stopped and that there would be a post-mortem to establish the exact cause of death.

Source
Fillipo Simone
Awful. It now happens almost every year. R.I.P.
acid911
If this keeps up, I'd have a very hard time calling these 'games'. cry.gif Sports, yes, but events where people die on the field should not be called games in my opinion. Imagine a guy before a match, imagine his heart full of joy while on the ground, the chants and appreciation from the public in the stadium. And then sudden death!

This used to happen so very occasionally a couple of decades back, now I agree, it happens almost every year.
Zed.D
http://youtu.be/2tBnO-iOcKc

Like him or hate him, he's really talented.
kurtsimonw
He is good. Defending is so poor though it's not even right to call it professional. Only 1 player even tries to tackle him. laugh.gif

Not a fan of how he always has to be centre of attention, no celebrating with team mates.
Zed.D
He will sooner later be playing at a big European club and we'll see how good he is. there's a lot of things about him that I don't like. beside what you already mentioned, he's a show off, his hair looks ridiculous, etc. but I think he has the potential to become very good. the way he dribbles and breezes past defenders is one of the best I've seen since Messi.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 18 2012, 12:07 PM) *
He will sooner later be playing at a big European club and we'll see how good he is. there's a lot of things about him that I don't like. beside what you already mentioned, he's a show off, his hair looks ridiculous, etc. but I think he has the potential to become very good. the way he dribbles and breezes past defenders is one of the best I've seen since Messi.

Hair argument? 96.gif
Don't remember you making complains about our very own hair regiment tongue.gif
Zed.D
Yeah so? unsure.gif

I never said one is not allowed to express an opinion about someone's hair. I even said I don't like El Sha's hair myself. what I said was that people around these players (like Rino) have no right to tell them what to do with their hair or eyebrows. what does it matter if I or you say something about their hair in this forum?
Fillipo Simone
It was a joke wink.gif
Zed.D
I thought it was half-joke, half-serious biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 18 2012, 03:47 PM) *
I thought it was half-joke, half-serious biggrin.gif

Every joke has some truth hidden in itself wink.gif
Zed.D
So I was right to not take it merely as a joke!
Fillipo Simone
Haha, universally speaking.
han2503
Neymar is abnoxious, selfish and egotistical. He's struggle in any decent league imo. Party tricks and solo running are nice to watch and all but europe is not the Brazilian league where defending is seen as an afterthought
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 18 2012, 04:10 PM) *
Neymar is abnoxious, selfish and egotistical. He's struggle in any decent league imo. Party tricks and solo running are nice to watch and all but europe is not the Brazilian league where defending is seen as an afterthought

Nicely put biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
First time he touches the ball here, he'd have something like this.

Zed.D
I can't agree, han. Pato looked as impressive in the goals/tricks clips I used to watch before he came here. apart from injuries, you can't say he struggled in the Italian league, not technically. and maybe you haven't watched his clips as much I did, but he was a bit of a show off himself, doing tricks, trying to dribble everyone in his way, etc. basically being a Brazilian! you'e just letting your personal dislike of Neymar cloud your judgment IMO. not that I like him myself, but I think he's a very good player. time will tell.
X-Offender
Russian press talks about a possible Lavezzi-Hulk swap between PSG and Zenit in January.

Link

LOL, what about all those millions they spent for them just a couple of months ago? I swear, hypocrisy in football nowadays goes beyond imagination.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 18 2012, 12:36 PM) *
I can't agree, han. Pato looked as impressive in the goals/tricks clips I used to watch before he came here. apart from injuries, you can't say he struggled in the Italian league, not technically. and maybe you haven't watched his clips as much I did, but he was a bit of a show off himself, doing tricks, trying to dribble everyone in his way, etc. basically being a Brazilian! you'e just letting your personal dislike of Neymar cloud your judgment IMO. not that I like him myself, but I think he's a very good player. time will tell.

+1
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 7 2012, 06:22 PM) *
Russian press talks about a possible Lavezzi-Hulk swap between PSG and Zenit in January.

Link

LOL, what about all those millions they spent for them just a couple of months ago? I swear, hypocrisy in football nowadays goes beyond imagination.

That sounds insane.
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/HVNrioMOwmU
kurtsimonw
Nice finish. Pass was better.
Fillipo Simone
Great combination and finish overall.
arivanjj
just went to see sydney play. saw del peiro score a nice free kick in front of me. and i never thought i'd say this but i also saw emile heskey score a goal too.
kurtsimonw
In a league which I'm sure doesn't need Heskey to have any kind of pace he'll actually be okay.
kurtsimonw
Neymar scores in 200th game
X-Offender
He's only 20 and he's already played 200 professional games? Wow! And that was goal was... wow!
kurtsimonw
It's quite an incredible stat really. I think they play more games in South America though? He could easily have a career of 750+ games. IF he stays healthy, and that's a big if given he's been playing at a young age and he's a small build, he could do over 1000.
Fillipo Simone
Btw. who's the player with most professional matches played ever?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 19 2012, 02:23 AM) *
Btw. who's the player with most professional matches played ever?

Romario? unsure.gif
Jack Bauer
Probably someone from some small league.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 19 2012, 03:36 AM) *
Romario? unsure.gif

He has around 950 (teams + NT), Paolo had over 1000.

BTW, this is the guy with most NT caps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Hassan
kurtsimonw
Shilton played 1352 club competitive + full Internationals. Or are we talking outfield players?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.