Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CL - Group Stage Day 1 - Milan - Auxerre
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
han2503
If we lose it's not my fault that no one wanted to open the thread tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Bah! It would have been done by someone or the other. At least m1ke!! Now this one's on you!! Don't make a monster post about tactics and Ibra and Rino. IT'S ALL ON YOU!!!

Edit: If we win though, it's coz I hastened to make the second post that broke your bad karma. wink.gif smoke.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 13 2010, 09:21 AM) *
Bah! It would have been done by someone or the other. At least m1ke!! Now this one's on you!! Don't make a monster post about tactics and Ibra and Rino. IT'S ALL ON YOU!!!

Edit: If we win though, it's coz I hastened to make the second post that broke your bad karma. wink.gif smoke.gif

Well we're 3 days away from the game and no one was man/woman enough to do it, espeically you Jack! Pirate my @SS!!
Jack Sparrow
Why do something today, when you can put it off till tomorrow or the day after?? unsure.gif
elcordobez
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 13 2010, 06:17 PM) *
If we lose it's not my fault that no one wanted to open the thread tongue.gif

Should have done it after the game

Don't know enough about Auxerre but they haven't won a game this season.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 13 2010, 09:40 AM) *
Why do something today, when you can put it off till tomorrow or the day after?? unsure.gif

Because it will give people time to discuss the game... :duh: biggrin.gif

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Sep 13 2010, 09:51 AM) *
Should have done it after the game

Don't know enough about Auxerre but they haven't won a game this season.

Well they haven't won in League 1, but they have put a lot of effort into making it to the CL. Under estimating them would be a mistake. Just like we under estimated Cesena
Jack Sparrow
So far you're the only guy discussing the game. If you want to talk to yourself...why don't you look into the mirror and act like De Niro.

You talkin to me?
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 13 2010, 09:22 AM) *
So far you're the only guy discussing the game. If you want to talk to yourself...why don't you look into the mirror and act like De Niro.

You talkin to me?

I'm coller then De Niro smoke.gif
RinoIlCapitano
I just hope we will play with either seedorf with pirlo and very probably ambro or either KPB with the regista and the captain because like we just mentioned a million times that gatusso thing didnt work at all, he simply cant play in this combination, the cesena midfield had just to cover pirlo and ronie pato and ibra where cut out at all because honestly Genaro and Ambro cant pass the ball in some particular good way. In the times when Ibra or Pato where coming for the ball Gatuso finished few times in a good shooting spot where i think KPB and Seedorf would do a lot better so i think this topic about Gatuso is closed and (almost) everyone agrees that KBP should play before him (or Clarence ) , so the midfield for my opinion is set. For the defense i hope Nesta will be back like it is said on various pages and i think than sokratis can play with him if Thiago cant make it. If thiago will be ready... OFC Nesta Thiago... For the FB on the left antonini is not a problem and on the right i would put Zambro, maybe he isnt the best RB we had (maybe but i think he very probably is biggrin.gif ) but he can cover the spot very well for shure because he played a lot og CL games in that spot and he is the best pick i think. The attack R80 with Ibra and pato should work if they get the balls they are supposed to receive. So i think this would be my ideal starting 11... For the keeper spot i am with the amelia fans but i think this is pointless to wright because Abiati will start 4 shure.
So:
.....................Abiati..................

Zambro.....Nesta.......Thiago..Antonini

.....................Pirlo...................
............Ambro...........Seedorf....

Pato...............................R80

....................Ibra....................
agenth
I'd replace Zambro and Abbiatti in that lineup.
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (agenth @ Sep 13 2010, 01:19 PM) *
I'd replace Zambro and Abbiatti in that lineup.

I would also abiati like i just mentioned before but Zambro i dont know, Who would ypu pick before, Bonera or maybe Abate?

I simply think that with his experience he is the best pick but i understand the discredit at all biggrin.gif
Dracoris
Isn't Zambro still injured?
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Sep 13 2010, 01:29 PM) *
Isn't Zambro still injured?

I read that he will be rady so i think he isnt...
agenth
Abate for Zambro and Amelia for Abbiatti.

Like Han said, I would not underestimate them, since they never won a game in Ligue 1, but they seem to be focusedf on CL. Also, we apparently tend to overestimate ourselves and thereby lose with arrogance.
I'm sure they'll be as hard to conquer like Cesena.

I hope we won't use Gattuso, Ambro and Pirlo in the same lineup, as this is where all the trouble starts.
X-Offender
We already underrated our opponent on Saturday, it won't happen twice in a row. I say 3-0 for Milan.

About the line-up, I'd put Zambro over Bonera and Seedorf/Boateng over Rino. I'd also start Robinho over Dinho, but maybe it's still too early for that.
X-Offender
According to latest reports, Thiago is to miss the game. sad.gif Bonera is favorite over Sokratis.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 13 2010, 07:10 PM) *
According to latest reports, Thiago is to miss the game. sad.gif Bonera is favorite over Sokratis.

I'd let Sokratis play, he needs to get 100% familiar to the way we play so the next time there is an injury he will be ready to play without all the misunderstandings we saw on Saturday
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 13 2010, 08:10 PM) *
Bonera is favorite over Sokratis.

I don't understand why. When I see these two play as central backs, then I see Sokratis running after someone who is quicker and get him off the ball succesfully, while Bonera won't even try or so. In pre-season Bonera was awful to watch as CB, while Sokratis impressed me as CB. Come on, give Sokratis a proper chance, play him over Bonera!
Fillipo Simone
In pre-season Bonera was awful to watch as CB, while Sokratis impressed me as CB.

My question is, when was the last time we saw Bonera play two good games in a row? Hell, even one?
He's our weekest defender I belive. I'm not going into the story what happened to him, cause at some point he was considered good and talented, but nowdays, he's just sub-standard.

Abate for Zambro

You still belive Abate is a RB. Hell, if we play with fire, why don't we try Flamini do the thing???
Bluesummers
We'll win this one, I have no doubts.

----abbiati---
-abate-bonera-sokratis-antonini
---gattuso---pirlo---ambrosini---

--pato------ibra------dinho

If seedorf is fit i'd put him in for gattuso.
d'Arc.LP
I'd go with this :

Abbiati
Sokratis - Nesta - Bonera - Antonini
Flamini - Ambrosini
Pato - Pirlo - Dinho
Ibrahimovic

Subs: Seedorf, Robinho and Inzaghi.
Fillipo Simone
If you ask me, I'd let Pippo start this one. He's been on form for the past matches plus we all know his special European Cup record.

-abate-bonera-sokratis-antonini

Yes, that might be possibly the worst Milan defensive four in my almost two decades of watching and some old classics in addition. Only competition is that Chamot-Sala-Junior-Kaladze line.
elcordobez
For our backline i think Yepes or Nesta should always play,Sokratis / T.Silva subbing for each other.Leadership is very underrated,Yepes is old but he can be the focal point for tsilva or sokratis,i was surprised we didn't sign Yepes when he was younger i always rated him.

But anyway my line up

Zamb Nesta Sokratis Antonini

Boateng Seedorf Ambro

Pato Ibra Ronnie

Yes i left Pirlo out mainly because i think he really needs a rest.

But in general i think that's the best setup in midfield for our version of the 433 with flamini subbing for ambro.
Dracoris
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 13 2010, 09:28 PM) *
If you ask me, I'd let Pippo start this one. He's been on form for the past matches plus we all know his special European Cup record.

Yes, that might be possibly the worst Milan defensive four in my almost two decades of watching and some old classics in addition. Only competition is that Chamot-Sala-Junior-Kaladze line.

He's been on form in the last 20 minutes of the game. I think he's playing his role great right now. He's aged considerably and 90mins from him is not going to be the same as 20. Keep him in the super sub role where he's been performing well.
Jack Sparrow
Seems like Nesta and Seedorf are okay. Play the Sok? Or play Super Mario?
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (elcordobez @ Sep 14 2010, 03:07 AM) *
Yes i left Pirlo out mainly because i think he really needs a rest.

But in general i think that's the best setup in midfield for our version of the 433 with flamini subbing for ambro.

We all know how bad can Milan be without Pirlo. This is very important game, we need to get all points possible so I wouldn't risk resting our key player. Let's hope Allegri finds a way to give Pirlo more space.
Jack Sparrow
We gotta win! We're gonna win! sleep.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 14 2010, 12:30 AM) *
My question is, when was the last time we saw Bonera play two good games in a row? Hell, even one?
He's our weekest defender I belive. I'm not going into the story what happened to him, cause at some point he was considered good and talented, but nowdays, he's just sub-standard.

When it comes to our central defenders, I believe only Onweyu is worse. Nesta, Thiago Silva, Yepes and Papastathopoulos I all rate higher as central defender. I believe if our central defense exist most the times of the latter four, our defense will be okay to good. I will start worrying when Bonera will play as central defender.
han2503
Imo the best lineup Milan can put out tomorrow would be:

Zambro--Sokratis--Nesta--Antonini
Ambro--Pirlo--Seedorf
Pato--Ibra--Dinho

Bonera needs a time out, he's not a RB, he never will be, we should stop playing him there. He's a misguided CB, Sokratis is better then Bonera, that's why he should ahead of him in the pecking order.

Midfield, picks itself out imo. Is Flamini even available to play? Boateng is way too green imo, that is the reason why he didn't play against Cesena, and it will be the reason why we won't see him starting tomorrow either.

Attack again pretty obvious choice. You could argue Robinho's case over Dinho because of the last match, but having Dinho instead of another dribbler is important if we want to create something
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 14 2010, 05:08 AM) *
Seems like Nesta and Seedorf are okay. Play the Sok? Or play Super Mario?

i would play Sokratis, he is a very good and super talented CD, i can give him another chance after a bad performance on Saturday but i think he will do well this season so lets give him another chance even if the match is super important but i think he can make it!
d'Arc.LP
MILAN-AUXERRE: THE ROSSONERI SQUAD
9/14/2010
MILANELLO – Massimiliano Allegri named the following 19 players for Milan’s Champions League match against Auxerre:
Abbiati, Amelia, Roma, Antonini, Bonera, Nesta, Zambrotta, Yepes, Abate, Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho.
Unavailable: Thiago Silva, Flamini.
Not called up: Jankulovski, Oddo,

Milan's possible formation :

Abbiati

Zambrotta – Nesta – Bonera – Antonini

Seedorf – Pirlo – Ambrosini

Pato – Ronaldinho

Ibrahimovic

Bench: Amelia, Yepes, Abate, Gattuso, Boateng, Robinho and Inzaghi

source
Bluesummers
new line up according to call ups:

--------abbiati----
abate-nesta-bonera-antonini

seedorf----pirlo---ambrosini---

Pato------Ibra-------dinho
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 14 2010, 10:36 PM) *
new line up according to call ups:

--------abbiati----
abate-nesta-bonera-antonini

seedorf----pirlo---ambrosini---

Pato------Ibra-------dinho

Why Abate over Zambrotta when we know that Zambrotta is full fit ?
Bluesummers
hasn't played a game yet. CL games aren't games you throw players who are coming off their injuries unless you have no other choice.

We have other choices. Bonera/abate
Bluesummers
Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has warned his side not to take Auxerre lightly in their Champions League encounter on Wednesday.

Milan are coming off a shock 2-0 defeat to Cesena but Allegri believes his men are in good spirits ahead of the Group G clash against the French outfit.

"Our morale is high; we have talked a lot and analysed the game at Cesena," said Allegri, according to Uefa.com. "It was a strange game, we didn't play well. Of course, as many have said, you always expect something more from a team like Milan.

"My players tried their best, we had a couple of chances in the first half, made two or three mistakes, and I'm sure those are mistakes we aren't going to make again."

The Milan tactician continued, "I haven't had the chance to watch an Auxerre game live, but I viewed their two play-off matches in the summer and their league game against Monaco. Against Monaco, although they lost, they had many chances.

"So we have to be careful, because Auxerre have quick players, both up front and on the flanks. It's not going to be an easy game for sure, we must not make mistakes – especially our defenders."

In the other game in the group on Wednesday, Spanish giants Real Madrid welcome Ajax to the Bernabeu.

goal.com

the boss has spoken
Bluesummers
My predictions:

Milan 3-1 Auxerre

Madrid 1-0 Ajax
TriniKing_CE
As expected, Thiago Silva has not recovered for Milan’s Champions League game with Auxerre, but Alessandro Nesta and Clarence Seedorf return.
The Brazilian defender limped off during half-time in Saturday’s 2-0 Serie A defeat to Cesena and is not even in the squad for tomorrow’s match.

Nesta does return after his injury and should partner Daniele Bonera at centre-back, leaving Gianluca Zambrotta and Luca Antonini on the flanks.

Seedorf also missed the Cesena tie and is available again, but Mathieu Flamini remains sidelined and is joined on the treatment table by Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri is expected to stick with the trident of Alexandre Pato, Ronaldinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Robinho and Pippo Inzaghi find their place on the bench to begin with.

Milan squad: Abbiati, Amelia, Roma, Antonini, Bonera, Nesta, Zambrotta, Yepes, Abate, Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho

Link: http://football-italia.net/sep14v.html

I didn't even realize Sokratis was now injured as well... *sigh* seems like our injury blight has returned dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
Yes. It would seem that way. dry.gif Starting Yepes and Nesta would make it a rather slow backline. But is Bonera that much faster than Mario?
Linkman
Mario doesn't seem half bad... I'd say give him a chance. Bonera played a full match just three days ago, Yepes is well rested. I hope Zambro is fully fit.
Jack Sparrow
I want to see Ibra playing the withdrawn forward role. Let Pato play CF. No offence, but that boy doesn't seem to be too much of a wily, crafty, creative genius. He's a direct forward.

Let's not make a drag racer run on the Monaco circuit.

EDIT: From the official site- the press conference:

Milan’s pre-game press conference was held this afternoon. Coach Massimiliano Allegri and Alexandre Pato responded to the journlists’ question. The coach: "It's not right to criticize Ibrahimovic"

MILANELLO – Massimiliano Allegri and Alexandro Pato were the protagonists of today’s press conference at Milanello, held the day before Milan’s Champions League opener against Auxerre.

Coach Allegri’s first statements: "Auxerre is a team which defends very well, especially in away matches, therefore we’ll have to play well. Our mood is good, we had a discussion and analyzed our match played against Cesena. It was a strange game, we didn’t play well, but neither poorly, as it was said, even though it's normal that Milan is always expected to do well. The team tried to give its best, as we had chances in the first half, however, we made some mistakes on two or three occasions, but I’m sure we won’t repeat them. Auxerre? I didn’t have the possibility to watch them play live, but I saw their matches in the preliminaries against Zenit and their championship game against Monaco. Even though they lost against the latter, Auxerre had some quality scoring chances. We’ll have to pay attention, as they have quick players up-front as well as on the wings. It will be all but an easy match, we’ll have to avoid making mistakes in defence."

What Pato had to say about the French side: "It will be a difficult match, it’s no coincidence they eliminated Zenit in the preliminaries. We are ready for a great match, we have to listen to our coach and do what he asks from us during training sessions. They are dangerous.”

Allegri continued: "I believe that the week leading up to the match against Cesena was a particular one, as previously we beat Lecce in convincing fashion, then the arrivals of Ibra and Robinho gave us even more of a lift, but we couldn’t work all together because of the international break. All this made it difficult for the new players to fit in with the team, especially for Ibra, who started against Cesena. We have to learn from that match, that in order to win, it’s fundemental to have full respect for your opponents, especially in Italy, where the smaller teams play with a lot of enthusiasm at the beginning of the championship, thus creating problems for the stronger clubs. If you don’t pay enough attention when you’re playing less well, it’s difficult to win. We can’t have the presumption of winning the championship by playing spectacular football in every game. It’s important to be able to win even when you don’t play particularly well. A great example of this was Roma in the last few years, when they always played wonderfully, but didn’t manage to win those matches in which they didn’t play so well. Of course, I would like the team to play spectacularly and win always 2-0 or 3-0, but it’s not possible. We made serious mistakes before the goals Cesena scored. We should have avoided especially the second one, as the match could have gonein a different direction, if we would have been only one goal down at half-time. Therefore the team has to pay more attention during the games. The problem against Cesena was maybe our excessive will to equalise as soon as possible. I repeat that our match on Saturday was a strange one, Cesena were compact and we weren’t quick enough in our offensive movements. Seedorf is an important player for Milan, just like the others, he’s got great charachter and splendid technique, he’s a different kind of player compared to Gattuso and Ambrosini."

Then it was Pato’s turn again, who talked about his goals ruled out int he match against Cesena: "You’ve seen it too, I scored, I did my job, now I only have to think about tomorrow’s game. Since I’ve been at Milan, I’ve always dreamt of playing in the Champions League final and winning the trophy. This year, I believe we can do it, like I’ve always did. I want to win it and I’m sure we’ll succeed. After our match against Lecce we were all pleased, unlike after the game against Cesena, but now we have to think only about Auxerre, we’ll have to play a great game tomorrow.”

Coach Allegri concluded the press conference with the following words: "Thiago Silva will undergo some tests today and I’ll make a decision on whether to name him for tomorrow’s game or not, based on his condition. The favourite to win the group? Real Madrid and us have the same chances, 50%-50%. We are going for the first place. I’ll field Ibrahimovic, unless something happens to him in today’s training. I think it’s not right to criticize him, he played for us after only one training session with the squad, and anyway, he worked hard for the team. The only question is whether Thiago Silva would be available. If everyone does his job, Milan can afford three forwards in the team at the same time. Tomorrow? I’ll be excited, I can’t deny it, but we are all focused to do well. This team has great potential and could achieve important objectives. In Cesena our game based on keeping the ball on the ground failed, therefore we started making crosses also because of their full-back Nagatomo, who is not particularly tall, but without much success. When we conceded the first goal, seven players of ours defended against four of them. The beauty of the game is this: football is strange. The refereeing? The club has a great management, they’ll take care of these issues. I can only wish that next time these errors will favour us.

The salient points that echo my own are bolded. Except for the last sentence. Looks like he's saying stop letting Moratti pressure the refs..and do some pressuring on your own Mr. G. laugh.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 14 2010, 11:02 PM) *
My predictions:

Milan 3-1 Auxerre

Madrid 1-0 Ajax

Milan 3-0 Auxerre

Madrid 1-2 Ajax

innocent.gif
elcordobez
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 15 2010, 06:24 PM) *
Milan 3-0 Auxerre

Madrid 1-2 Ajax

innocent.gif

I'm hoping for a good thumping like 5 - 0.

And i don't think Madrid will lose at home,maybe draw.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (elcordobez @ Sep 15 2010, 08:56 AM) *
I'm hoping for a good thumping like 5 - 0.

And i don't think Madrid will lose at home,maybe draw.

A draw would be perfect for us, but I think they're going to fail.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 15 2010, 09:25 AM) *
I want to see Ibra playing the withdrawn forward role. Let Pato play CF. No offence, but that boy doesn't seem to be too much of a wily, crafty, creative genius. He's a direct forward.

Let's not make a drag racer run on the Monaco circuit.

You know.. I agree. I always say I want to see Pato play a Ronaldo (the original) type of role. he's a genius at putting the ball in the back of the net more than anything.

But that "no offense, but" bit gives your post an unpleasant tone. like you exactly mean it as an offense or something! can't blame you though, you've found a new darling in Zlatan innocent.gif
Jack Sparrow
No it's just that I was worried some people would assume that I think anyone who's not a creative, crafty genius with vision who can make long/short assists ALONG with running at the speed of light while beating their man with a gazillion tricks is a sub-standard footballer.

You're right though. I'm probably not as big a fan as you are because I kept thinking of him as our new Sheva and expect the same standards, the same style of play. I think he can't be that way, despite my mental conditioning to the #7 shirt. We should accept that his strengths tend to be towards being a primo punta and maybe play him there.

The downside is we might be throwing away any chance of him developing his band of capabilities and turn into a one-dimensional pacy striker. Look at Drogba, he's primarily a frontman, but his contributions recently have become so varied. Can Pato expand on a parallel? Become much more than just a goalscorer?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 15 2010, 06:55 AM) *

+100000
elcordobez
There are quite a few "big" games on today and most networks will choose roma-bayern or ajax-madrid

If you need a good stream here's one -

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/flash

It's a legit Australian network site,not a knockoff stream from some other source so it has better quality than the myp2p ones.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 15 2010, 08:24 AM) *
Madrid 1-2 Ajax

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 15 2010, 10:30 AM) *
A draw would be perfect for us, but I think they're going to fail.

Suárez and Vertonghen won't play though. Pretty much all attacks have Suárez involved, whenever Suárez cannot play Ajax mostly went from an awesome team to an average team that won't score. Vertonghen out means probably Ooijer and Alderweireld as central defense, I guess Ooijer should be a good cover but I won't be surprised if he disappoints either.

So no Suárez. What now? Well, El Hamdaoui is the striker, he is good in counter attacks. So I guess Ajax should play on the counter. Emanuelson is the left winger and also a midfielder, so he is good for a counter team as well. Eriksen as right winger then? Also partly attacker/midfielder.

El Hamdaoui
Emanuelson, De Jong, Eriksen
Enoh, De Zeeuw
Anita, Ooijer, Alderweireld, Van der Wiel
Stekelenburg

This could be a nice counterteam maybe. I don't see any better options with Suárez suspended. Now I have no idea who are unavailable also besided Suárez and Vertonghen, let alone I know how they will play. This is just something I made up myself. tongue.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 15 2010, 03:47 PM) *
Suárez and Vertonghen won't play though. Pretty much all attacks have Suárez involved, whenever Suárez cannot play Ajax mostly went from an awesome team to an average team that won't score. Vertonghen out means probably Ooijer and Alderweireld as central defense, I guess Ooijer should be a good cover but I won't be surprised if he disappoints either.

So no Suárez. What now? Well, El Hamdaoui is the striker, he is good in counter attacks. So I guess Ajax should play on the counter. Emanuelson is the left winger and also a midfielder, so he is good for a counter team as well. Eriksen as right winger then? Also partly attacker/midfielder.

El Hamdaoui
Emanuelson, De Jong, Eriksen
Enoh, De Zeeuw
Anita, Ooijer, Alderweireld, Van der Wiel
Stekelenburg

This could be a nice counterteam maybe. I don't see any better options with Suárez suspended. Now I have no idea who are unavailable also besided Suárez and Vertonghen, let alone I know how they will play. This is just something I made up myself. tongue.gif

The entire post ?tongue.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 15 2010, 05:15 PM) *
The entire post ?tongue.gif

Yes, the whole post has got as source: CHU-LIP innocent.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.