Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Milan - Werder Bremen -- 26/02/2009
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Fillipo Simone
So, let's see what the match will bring. Up till now not much news, only that the referee will be Jonas Eriksson.

Btw. noticed Wiese did not play last Bundesliga match...any news of him being injured or was Schaaf just resting him?

{Just a small reminder}
Tennie
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif Baresi.

(By the way, he goes to Milan games. Sits with the regular crowd in the first red ring too. smile.gif)
Bluesummers
i hope carlo doesn't mess this one up. Anyways, if were going to have a chance against them were going to have to play pato and dinho.

Abbiati-zambro-trash-maldini-janku-beckham-pirlo-ambro-seedorf-dinho-pato

1-0 milan win if carlo doesn't do anything stupid.

Another note they have frings back, he was suspended last game. I hope to god seedorf steps it up.
Tennie
I think the team selection will depend in large part on who is uninjured.

Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 24 2009, 10:09 AM) *
I think the team selection will depend in large part on who is uninjured.

I'm guessing Kaka won't make this game or the weekend game. Any news on boriello or nesta?
Zed.D
Is it just me or anyone else thinks Abbiati will play in this game?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 24 2009, 11:00 AM) *

no i dont think so zed. If carlo pulls that off i'll be surprised but it'll mean either two things. Uefa cup is a must win for him or galliani/silvio forced him to pull this stunt.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 24 2009, 05:40 PM) *
I'm guessing Kaka won't make this game or the weekend game. Any news on boriello or nesta?

Think we can cross them off for the rest of the season... sad.gif

I don't. After Carlo gave Dida the chance in first leg match and he didn't anything that might give a clue he isn't up to the test, it would really be a surprise to me. You don't play that kind of a game with keepers.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 24 2009, 08:35 PM) *
no i dont think so zed. If carlo pulls that off i'll be surprised but it'll mean either two things. Uefa cup is a must win for him or galliani/silvio forced him to pull this stunt.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 24 2009, 08:37 PM) *
I don't. After Carlo gave Dida the chance in first leg match and he didn't anything that might give a clue he isn't up to the test, it would really be a surprise to me. You don't play that kind of a game with keepers.

Thanks for the feedback biggrin.gif

I feel, as we practically have only the UEFA Cup to play for, Carlo won't risk. I'm not saying playing Dida is a risk or anything. just that Abbiati has played in all of our important games. if Carlo wants a win at all costs, I can see Abbiati starting this one as well.
Fillipo Simone
Maybe. But he (Carletto) had the chance to do it in Bremen. That would have more logic - new cycle, first choice keeper. But as he started the second cycle with Dida, and note that the Inter match was behind us...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 24 2009, 11:16 AM) *
Thanks for the feedback biggrin.gif

I feel, as we practically have only the UEFA Cup to play for, Carlo won't risk. I'm not saying playing Dida is a risk or anything. just that Abbiati has played in all of our important games. if Carlo wants a win at all costs, I can see Abbiati starting this one as well.

yup thats what it'll show if abbiati plays. But my guess is that dida will play because we are not the type of club to just axe all of a sudden. To be fair it was dida who also go us through the group stage, so it wouldn't be right.

But if abbiati does play it means carlo's era is near an end and he's doing everything he can to remain.
Tennie
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 24 2009, 12:19 PM) *
But if abbiati does play it means carlo's era is near an end and he's doing everything he can to remain.

huh.gif How on earth can you infer that?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 24 2009, 11:22 AM) *
huh.gif How on earth can you infer that?

Well first of all talking for a coaching perspective, at the beginning of the season you usually give roles to the keepers. For example carlo could assign abbiati all serie A games and dida is responsible for uefa cup and kalac could be given coppa italia in order to balance out the playing time and still keep the keepers in shape.

I'm not sure how carlo does it exactly but i am sure that dida's responsibility is uefa cup games. If you pull your keeper mid way through the season and put in another eventhough dida was the one who helped us advance through the group stage and rightly deserves to play out the rest of the uefa cup season; will cause a real upseting balance in morale.

You gotta have trust and mutual respect in order for your club to be successful and we have done that with our family-esque environment.

If carlo pulls that stunt off, like i said earlier, he's nearing the axe and he is going to do everything to win it; dida is injured; or silvio and galliani issued this order.
CrazyMilanFan
nesta and borrilleo both had surgries and they are out for whole of the season
Bluesummers
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 24 2009, 11:27 AM) *
nesta and borrilleo both had surgries and they are out for whole of the season

f***!!! Sigh.... why did we sign silva now! we needed a defender this season!
han2503
Any injury news on Sheva, Pato, Kaka and Dinho?
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, when will Sheva return?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 24 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Any injury news on Sheva, Pato, Kaka and Dinho?

kaka out and sheva said he is raring to go. Its on milanews.it. I'm too lazy to put up what he said.

pato and dinho are also available.
Bluesummers
These statements made by Andriy Shevchenko in the sole of microphones' Milan Channel ', today at Milanello, at the end of the workout session of the team:

Andriy, how are you?
"I feel much better and I hope to do potercerla to be present already in the Uefa Cup challenge against Werder Bremen. Today I played the entire workout with the team and I hope to be convened by mister on Thursday.
In this period I worked as much. I was detained two weeks, but I will try to work more and more each day to return to the best of shape, to give my contribution to the team. It would also be nice being able to score a goal at San Siro. "

The one against Werder will be an important game.
"Yes, because the whole team is at pains to do well in the Uefa Cup, especially with an opponent rather like Werder. I hope that the stadium is full. AC Milan will make a good game to pass the turn. They will be obliged to search for the goal to qualify and we have to stop. The Werder players have very high and the whole team should work together to prevent them from suffering goals, especially on head shot. "

you know fillipo, i spoil ya tongue.gif hahahah
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 24 2009, 09:57 PM) *
Well first of all talking for a coaching perspective, at the beginning of the season you usually give roles to the keepers. For example carlo could assign abbiati all serie A games and dida is responsible for uefa cup and kalac could be given coppa italia in order to balance out the playing time and still keep the keepers in shape.

I'm not sure how carlo does it exactly but i am sure that dida's responsibility is uefa cup games. If you pull your keeper mid way through the season and put in another eventhough dida was the one who helped us advance through the group stage and rightly deserves to play out the rest of the uefa cup season; will cause a real upseting balance in morale.

You gotta have trust and mutual respect in order for your club to be successful and we have done that with our family-esque environment.

If carlo pulls that stunt off, like i said earlier, he's nearing the axe and he is going to do everything to win it; dida is injured; or silvio and galliani issued this order.

The bold part makes perfect sense to me.

The rest.. I'm not sure. maybe, maybe not.
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 24 2009, 10:00 PM) *

Dida should. sleep.gif He is undefeated up till now in the UEFA Cup, and besides has a lesser goal-per-game average than Abbiati (1.00 to Abbiait's 1.05 even though generally we put up a better defense for Serie A). We'll see.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 24 2009, 11:45 AM) *
The bold part makes perfect sense to me.

The rest.. I'm not sure. maybe, maybe not.

what are you not sure about. In a pro squad and in a club like milan, there is no simple shuffle shuffle like its some football game of kick about.

Its a job zeddie, and people are assigned roles and parts in projects. Serie A is a project and so is uefa cup. That is why for example dida will not play a serie A game unless abbiati is injured, because Serie A is a project which the goalkeeping role has been assigned and trusted to abbiati. Like wise for uefa cup and dida.

Thats why we had all those friendlies in the summer, in order to test who would be assigned which project. Otherwise carlo may as well have decided july 1, who the gk was going to be.

So if carlo pulls that stunt off it will be a huge and degrading insult to dida, which will cause a stir-up in the squad's morale.

No matter what dida has done in order to make him self second choice, he is still a respected and liked individual in our squad and doing that is an act of desperation (Or as we in canada say a "d*ck move*) because its either he wins the uefa cup or hes out.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 24 2009, 10:20 PM) *
what are you not sure about. In a pro squad and in a club like milan, there is no simple shuffle shuffle like its some football game of kick about.

Its a job zeddie, and people are assigned roles and parts in projects. Serie A is a project and so is uefa cup. That is why for example dida will not play a serie A game unless abbiati is injured, because Serie A is a project which the goalkeeping role has been assigned and trusted to abbiati. Like wise for uefa cup and dida.

Thats why we had all those friendlies in the summer, in order to test who would be assigned which project. Otherwise carlo may as well have decided july 1, who the gk was going to be.

So if carlo pulls that stunt off it will be a huge and degrading insult to dida, which will cause a stir-up in the squad's morale.

No matter what dida has done in order to make him self second choice, he is still a respected and liked individual in our squad and doing that is an act of desperation (Or as we in canada say a "d*ck move*) because its either he wins the uefa cup or hes out.

I understand what you mean and I think you could be right wink.gif for what it's worth, I think Dida should play in this game. if he didn't, we could say Carlo's decision was affected by the probable outcome. which in a way is the same as what you're saying.
Habitant
sheva will be key for us if we win the uefa cup

quote me on this wink.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 24 2009, 05:46 PM) *
Dida should. sleep.gif He is undefeated up till now in the UEFA Cup, and besides has a lesser goal-per-game average than Abbiati (1.00 to Abbiait's 1.05 even though generally we put up a better defense for Serie A). We'll see.

We also play against much better attackers and teams
acid911
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Feb 24 2009, 11:41 PM) *
We also play against much better attackers and teams

Which was my initial point. cool.gif We put up our better defenders because we're up against better attackers and teams. If we played our first choice defense in UEFA Cup, then the balance would be shifted. Then again, it's up for debate whether Regginas and Lecces are better teams than the ones that play in the UEFA Cup. Probably not.

Whoever stands in goal, I just ask for a peak performance from them. Even if it's Kalac.
han2503
If Pato, Dinho and Sheva are going to be available then I would lkie to see us come out with this one on Thursday

Antonini--Senderos--Bonera--Favalli
Becks--Flamini--Seedorf
Dinho
Pato--Sheva

I think Pirlo should be given a rest and only played if needed in the game. Paolo cannot be risked.

I like the idea of a Sheva-Pato pairing upfront, maybe Pippo stepping in for Pato in the second half would be a good idea since Pato is coming off injury and we need him to be fit for the weekend match
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 24 2009, 06:51 PM) *
Which was my initial point. cool.gif We put up our better defenders because we're up against better attackers and teams. If we played our first choice defense in UEFA Cup, then the balance would be shifted. Then again, it's up for debate whether Regginas and Lecces are better teams than the ones that play in the UEFA Cup. Probably not.

Whoever stands in goal, I just ask for a peak performance from them. Even if it's Kalac.

No certainly not, Reggina and Lecce are worse than Uefa teams. Its the Juve's the Inter's the Roma's which cause damage against us and they are CL class teams
acid911
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Feb 25 2009, 01:55 AM) *
No certainly not, Reggina and Lecce are worse than Uefa teams. Its the Juve's the Inter's the Roma's which cause damage against us and they are CL class teams

Fair enough. innocent.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 24 2009, 01:03 PM) *
If Pato, Dinho and Sheva are going to be available then I would lkie to see us come out with this one on Thursday

Becks--Flamini--Seedorf
Dinho
Pato--Sheva

I think Pirlo should be given a rest and only played if needed in the game. Paolo cannot be risked.

I like the idea of a Sheva-Pato pairing upfront, maybe Pippo stepping in for Pato in the second half would be a good idea since Pato is coming off injury and we need him to be fit for the weekend match

lol your a dreamer.

we'll start with our most powerful line up, which is why dinho and pato didn't play on the weekend.
Tennie
Actually, Blue, Pato didn't play because he was injured. He wasn't being rested.
Bluesummers
he had a small muscle problem, I read he could have played but they didn't want to risk it. But either way, i'm sure he will participate in this game.
Tennie
He's not been doing full training this week.
Bluesummers
Care to bet on this tennie? I bet that he'll at least play 1 minute in the game on thursday. If i'm wrong i will write you a 10 line poem about how wonderful you are tongue.gif And i have quite the talent in poetry tongue.gif cool.gif And i will keep it in my sig for at least 1 month.
ACM1899
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 24 2009, 11:03 AM) *

Becks--Flamini--Seedorf
Dinho
Pato--Sheva

devilsmiley.gif I agree with your lineup maybe if anything thats diffrent would be Pippo in for sheva from the begining or comes in if need be in the second half.

Im a big fan of the 4-3-1-2 formation for our team and r80 will have more room to roam and make his magic.
Tuff game on thurs no matter what i just hope we play aggresive for 90min not a min less.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 24 2009, 02:03 PM) *

Becks--Flamini--Seedorf
Dinho
Pato--Sheva

If by sheva you mean pirlo off the field...or just sheva i would have to disagree
MizNelson
Andriy, how are you?

Nobody gives a tougher interview than the folks at Milan Channel. smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 24 2009, 11:48 PM) *
lol your a dreamer.

we'll start with our most powerful line up, which is why dinho and pato didn't play on the weekend.

I personally don't see it justified that we put our best line-up for the UEFA Cup. To me our main priority should be securing 2nd or 3rd in the league, and we start fresh next season in the CL

Playing our best line-up in this game would have to mean risking players like Paolo, who imo should not play more then once a week, and that once a week should be in the important games, which to me are league games

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 25 2009, 12:06 AM) *
he had a small muscle problem, I read he could have played but they didn't want to risk it. But either way, i'm sure he will participate in this game.

I thik they didn't want to risk him aggrevating anything, atleast that's why I hope he didn't play on Sunday
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 25 2009, 04:43 AM) *
Care to bet on this tennie? I bet that he'll at least play 1 minute in the game on thursday. If i'm wrong i will write you a 10 line poem about how wonderful you are tongue.gif And i have quite the talent in poetry tongue.gif cool.gif And i will keep it in my sig for at least 1 month.

You wanna ask her out..ask her out. Don't beat around the bush ok?! Seriously man...you got a poem you've been meaning to read out to her..do it. What's with this "if he doesn't play..." excuse. Love shouldn't need excuses or reasons. tongue.gif

For all you know a flying cow might crash land on you, break your jaw, and you'll never be able to tell her you real feelings...

Or in the words of my namesake.." If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it..."
MizNelson
Ooh, I love when jealous pirates get touchy. smile.gif

Slightly OT, but this one's for Kurt: Why is Villa fielding such a threadbare team for their upcoming Cup match? Are they pretty much giving up on the competition?
Tennie
Hm. Bremen's usual starting keeper Tim Wiese did NOT make the trip to Milan. Not sure what sort of injury he's picked up but they'll have...I think it's Vander (?) in goal.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 25 2009, 06:35 AM) *
Hm. Bremen's usual starting keeper Tim Wiese did NOT make the trip to Milan. Not sure what sort of injury he's picked up but they'll have...I think it's Vander (?) in goal.

Well, Fishdoll, you asked. smile.gif

QUOTE (imscouting.com)
Tim Wiese sidelined by thigh injury
Werder Bremen goalkeeper Tim Wiese has been sidelined by a thigh injury which could keep him out for some time.

The 27-year-old custodian picked up the injury in the first-leg UEFA Cup clash with AC Milan and didn’t play on Saturday as Bremen lost to Energie Cottbus 2-1.

On missing the trip to the San Siro, Wiese said: "I'm very disappointed not to be able to help the team in such an important game."

Reserve keeper Christian Vander will replace Wiese and he commented before the clash with AC Milan: "I am always happy when I get the chance to play. The match against Milan will be my first in the UEFA Cup and because of that it's special."

According to UEFA.com, it's a muscle tear. Tough break for Wiese. He actually didn't do too shabby in our first meeting.
Tennie
Fishdoll thanks Didafan for the information. smile.gif
Tennie
MILAN-WERDER: I CONVOCATI ROSSONERI
25/02/2009
MILANELLO - Questi i 19 convocati di Carlo Ancelotti per la gara di Coppa Uefa contro il Werder Brema:

Abbiati, Dida, Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Beckham, Flamini, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko.

Giocatori indisponibili: Kalac, Nesta, Gattuso, Kakà, Ronaldinho.
CrazyMilanFan
MILANELLO - Questi i 19 convocati di Carlo Ancelotti per la gara di Coppa Uefa contro il Werder Brema:

Abbiati, Dida, Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Beckham, Flamini, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko.

Tennie
Fishdoll sorries for stealing the brain cell from CMF.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 25 2009, 10:45 AM) *
MILAN-WERDER: I CONVOCATI ROSSONERI
25/02/2009

I'm a genius tongue.gif But why is dinho out ? If hes injured this really is a big blow.
Tennie
Being called up does not guarantee one will play. smile.gif

Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 25 2009, 11:22 AM) *
Being called up does not guarantee one will play. smile.gif

LOL i put the proposal out there... care to accept dozer? droolsmiley.gif
han2503
So I guess we will probable either see a 4-3-1-2 with Seedorf behind Pato-Pippo/Sheva or a 4-3-3 sort of setup with Sheva and Pato Supporting Pippo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.