Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan - Cagliari --- 22/02/2009
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Zed.D
OK, no one moved to start this thread so I'll do it.

Cagliari are so far the only team we haven't scored a goal against this season. I can see them coming and playing a typical small Italian team's football; defending and bothering our weak defense on the counter attacks.

It's not going to be an easy game... wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
What's your track record like with match threads? If we lose it's all your fault, no matter how much you try to pin it on Carlo and/or Kaladze and/or Seedorf.
Zed.D
I've not kept track of it but I guess it's not very good!
As long as Kaka and Bonera are there, Seedorf and Kaladze's liabilities wont matter that much. wink.gif
Tennie
Cagliari are playing some very good football this year. I think it would be a mistake to stick them with the generic 'small team' label. They're close to (if not in) a UEFA Cup position and they beat the gobbi in Turin (rather easily too).

They've got a good attack - Jeda, Matri and Acquafresca - and Milan's defenders are going to need to be awake and paying attention.

EDIT: Saccani will referee the game.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 20 2009, 12:29 PM) *
Cagliari are playing some very good football this year. I think it would be a mistake to stick them with the generic 'small team' label. They're close to (if not in) a UEFA Cup position and they beat the gobbi in Turin (rather easily too).

They've got a good attack - Jeda, Matri and Acquafresca - and Milan's defenders are going to need to be awake and paying attention.

EDIT: Saccani will referee the game.

yeah i rate Matri and Acquafresca pretty highly hopefully they will both have a off day smile.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 20 2009, 04:59 PM) *

You're right smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 20 2009, 03:15 PM) *
OK, no one moved to start this thread so I'll do it.

Thank you, but I'm actually still smiting from the inter thread I opened last week. sad.gif

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 20 2009, 04:14 PM) *
What's your track record like with match threads? If we lose it's all your fault, no matter how much you try to pin it on Carlo and/or Kaladze and/or Seedorf.

Not that good, unfortunately. smile.gif The track record, I mean.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 20 2009, 04:34 PM) *
I've not kept track of it but I guess it's not very good!
As long as Kaka and Bonera are there, Seedorf and Kaladze's liabilities wont matter that much.

Bonera is actually half a defender than Kaladze - the Georgian falls flat on his face because of all his stupid, tasteless mistakes he makes once or twice every match. dry.gif I only wish he had a twin brother who was more beautiful, and made less mistakes. I'd have swapped, eyes closed.
ACM1899
[font="Palatino Linotype"][/font][size="2"][/size][color="#FF0000"][/color] I hope Milan win as always but carlo will play his amazing xmas tree. Ill keep my fingers crossed that we win and Inter lose.

Darunia
Flamini should play, he's in good form recently and he should get a chance to start over Ambro.
acid911
QUOTE (ACM1899 @ Feb 21 2009, 07:25 AM) *
I hope Milan win as always but carlo will play his amazing xmas tree. Ill keep my fingers crossed that we win and Inter lose.

Haha. Welcome! smile.gif Nice post.
CrazyMilanFan
Milan (4-3-2-1): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Beckham, Pirlo, Flamini; Seedorf; Pato, Inzaghi. A disposizione: Dida, Antonini, Kaladze, Favalli, Ambrosini, Emerson, Viudez. All: Ancelotti
Indisponibili: Nesta, Gattuso, Borriello, Kakà, Kalac, Mattioni, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko

r80 and kaka seem to be out for this one or rested for bremen
Tennie
Gosh. Look at that projected lineup: there are two strikers.

However will we stand it?

CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 21 2009, 12:07 PM) *
Gosh. Look at that projected lineup: there are two strikers.

However will we stand it?

i hope we play 4-4-2 not the 4-3-1-2 seedrof plays much better in deeper role seedorf on left side becks on RM pirlo and flamini in centre with flamini proceting pirlo and assisiting the defence with 2 stikers pato behind pippo
CrazyMilanFan
Goalkeepers: Lupatelli and Marchetti;
Defenders: Agostini, Astori, Bianco, Canini, Lopez, Magliocchetti, Matheu, Pisano;
Midfielders: Biondini, Conti, Cossu, Lazzari, Fini, Parola;
Attackers: Acquafresca, Caschili, Jeda, Matri

Cagliari called up players

Zed.D
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 21 2009, 04:13 PM) *
i hope we play 4-4-2 not the 4-3-1-2 seedrof plays much better in deeper role seedorf on left side becks on RM pirlo and flamini in centre with flamini proceting pirlo and assisiting the defence with 2 stikers pato behind pippo

+1. it could work:

Pato ----- Pippo

Seedorf ---- Flamini ---- Pirlo ---- Becks

Janku ---- Maldini ---- Bonera ---- Zambro

Abbiati

ACM1899
Easy win for us .. If Inter lost or tied i would say we would choke because every chance we get to make up ground we have never taken advantage of.

I feel our master Carlo will be up 1-0 @ half time and then put in Emerson and take out our lone striker Pato/Pippo for the second goal and kill the match.
CrazyMilanFan
MILANELLO - Questi i 20 convocati di Carlo Ancelotti per la gara contro il Cagliari:

Abbiati, Dida, Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Beckham, Emerson, Flamini, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Pato, Ronaldinho, Viudez.

Giocatori indisponibili: Kalac, Mattioni, Nesta, Gattuso, Borriello, Kakà, Shevchenko.
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 21 2009, 07:41 PM) *
MILANELLO - Questi i 20 convocati di Carlo Ancelotti per la gara contro il Cagliari:

Abbiati, Dida, Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Beckham, Emerson, Flamini, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Pato, Ronaldinho, Viudez.

Giocatori indisponibili: Kalac, Mattioni, Nesta, Gattuso, Borriello, Kakà, Shevchenko.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Viudez called up??!!!
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 21 2009, 11:47 PM) *
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Viudez called up??!!!

A Pato-Viudez attack would be nice (I myself know it won't happen).
kurtsimonw
Did I miss news on Abbiati or something, is he injured?
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 22 2009, 12:24 AM) *
Did I miss news on Abbiati or something, is he injured?

He's called up unsure.gif
jefri91
0-1 cagliari
95th minute penalty
Zed.D
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Feb 22 2009, 01:57 AM) *
0-1 cagliari
95th minute penalty

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Man, I love your posts! they're just perfect!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 21 2009, 08:01 PM) *
He's called up unsure.gif

blush.gif

Dunno how I missed that. I think I just assumed the players called up would be preceeded by 'squad' or something, meaning Dida was the first name.. or I'm going blind. blink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 22 2009, 04:26 AM) *
blush.gif

Dunno how I missed that. I think I just assumed the players called up would be preceeded by 'squad' or something, meaning Dida was the first name.. or I'm going blind. blink.gif

Funny how I didn't see his name either, before reading your post that is. wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 22 2009, 03:29 AM) *
Man, I love your posts! they're just perfect!

Every time Jefri makes these pessimistic posts, we go on to win! tongue.gif
CrazyMilanFan
4-3-3 with pato-pippo-videuz with pirlo/seedorf-flamini-beckham/seedorf or 4-4-2
CrazyMilanFan
oh forget it r80 is back we will play xmas tree
Jack Sparrow
Pato-Viudez would be too short a frontline. They'd boss over them. We should have got Heskey. biggrin.gif
han2503
Since we're all putting in 'hope posts' I'm going for this formation

Zambro--Bonera--Maldini--Janku
Beckham--Pirlo--Flamini
Dinho--Viudez
Pato

That's a half each for Becks and Seedorf with Viudez providing the speed we're missing because of Kaka's absence, Dinho being the creative mind in attack without having to worry about tasks such as running ( rolleyes: ) and Pato pretty much picks himself out in attack

Now that's a hopeful lineup wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 22 2009, 10:06 AM) *
Pato-Viudez would be too short a frontline. They'd boss over them. We should have got Heskey. biggrin.gif

It would be the same as having Kaka start. Kaka might be tall but he's not an areal presence. At least we could recover some speed that we've been missing since Kaka's injury with Viudez instead of Seedorf who is somewhat of a liability playing in that attacking midfielder role because he's slow and more then that likes to slow down the play himself with the back passes and the standing on the ball for 5 minutes before releasing it
kizo
Sh!t

Pato is out, according to mediaset

Favalli instead of Pato biggrin.gif

Janku in midfield

Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2009, 02:22 PM) *
It would be the same as having Kaka start. Kaka might be tall but he's not an areal presence. At least we could recover some speed that we've been missing since Kaka's injury with Viudez instead of Seedorf who is somewhat of a liability playing in that attacking midfielder role because he's slow and more then that likes to slow down the play himself with the back passes and the standing on the ball for 5 minutes before releasing it

+1 biggrin.gif
Zed.D
Kaka and now Pato out...? huh.gif
Zed.D
MILAN: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Maldini, Favalli; Pirlo, Flamini, Jankulovski; Beckham, Seedorf, Inzaghi.

CAGLIARI: Marchetti; Pisano, Bianco, Lopez, Matheu; Fini, Conti, Biondini; Cossu; Jeda, Acquafresca.

What a weird lineup biggrin.gif Beckham as an AM ...

I bet the age average is around something like 32 innocent.gif

Cagliari will probably beat us.

EDIT: sorry 'bout the triple post
Rivaldo
huh...

-----------Flamini---------Pirlo---------Janku------------
--------------------Becks-------Seedorf------------------
----------------------------Pippo---------------------------

Am I right??
acid911
The good just keeps getting better. sleep.gif The injuries, I mean. We should never have let Paloschi go on loan! At least he was fast, had heart, and was desperate to score goals, beside being young. Could have helped with these constant injuries we get to our players. Bah!
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 22 2009, 05:49 PM) *
The good just keeps getting better. sleep.gif The injuries, I mean. We should never have let Paloschi go on loan! At least he was fast, had heart, and was desperate to score goals, beside being young. Could have helped with these constant injuries we get to our players. Bah!

I think Carlo will not risk anything for the league anymore. had we still been in the title race, Pato would have started thi s game (Carlo said he would). looks like he (along with Kaka) is being rested for the UEFA Cup......
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 22 2009, 06:26 PM) *
I think Carlo will not risk anything for the league anymore. had we still been in the title race, Pato would have started thi s game (Carlo said he would). looks like he (along with Kaka) is being rested for the UEFA Cup......

Hopefully what you say is true! smile.gif Me? I can't really tell. If there's one thing I've learned is that there is nothing that can be said with absolute certainty in today's football. This is true with everything else, more so with world football. Still, like I said, I hope what you say be the case.
Tennie
Hm. This should be interesting.

Janku is rather good in midfield, at least for his NT.
han2503
What happened to Ronaldinho and Pato?

We are really going to suffer with that line-up
han2503
Now who's on the bench exactly?
Tennie
I think it's Dida, Ambro, Kaladze, Antonini, Emerson, Cardacio and Viudez.
Fillipo Simone
Sorry for busting in, probably been commented before - what's with Pato?
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 22 2009, 02:58 PM) *
I think it's Dida, Ambro, Kaladze, Antonini, Emerson, Cardacio and Viudez.

Wow that's a bad bench!!

I'm thinking we're going to lose points today...
Ry4n
They have a good goalkeeper!
Tennie
Not sure, Fillipo. Pato was a last minute scratch.
han2503
We've put in a great start, first corner to us
han2503
Seedorf needs to shoot when he get the ball on the edge of the box, not keep trying to pass it
han2503
Wow Pippo on the volley

He's going for the spactacular these days
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.