Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan-Genoa -- 28.01.09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Tennie
Milan host Genoa on Wednesday at the San Siro.

Genoa do have Diego Milito back for this one.

Milan won't have Borriello or Nesta but they're both (so the italian press thinks) fairly close to training with the squad.

Given the tense history between the two clubs, there's been a restriction on ticket sales to away fans

Gervasoni will referee the match.

(Zeddie, Rosetti wil ref Chievo-Lecce).
CrazyMilanFan
so milto will be back he had to come back against us
Tennie
Squad note for Genoa: Matteo Ferrari is suspended for this one. Raffaele Palladino may play, but it'd be his first game back from injury.

Milan injury update (my translation of the Dr. Manara report on acmilan.com's italian page):

BONERA: has started training with the squad. depending on his reaction he could be availalbe if not wednesday then for sure for sunday.

BORRIELLO: at the end of his 'calvary' and should rejoin the team Friday after the tests at milanlab. (note, he's already doing half of the training with the squad)

GATTUSO: Rino has a special program. He's doing well and on Friday he and other players (including kaladze and digao) will be examined by Professor Martens in Milan.

KALADZE: he's doing specialized work in order to be in the best condition for Friday's tests so he knows what he needs to do the following week. Results so far have been positive. The pain has lessened, we'll see in the next few days.

KALAC: has a disc problem in his neck and will rest this week.

NESTA: with optimism on his and everyone else's part, he could be on the pitch soon. He's running and will do so for another 10 days as well as physical work and then we'll see. If he passes the tests we could see him rejoining the squad within 2 weeks.

ZAMBROTTA: he's fine, was taken off Sunday as a precaution because he took a knock to his left leg.

Rossoneri7
It will be an intense game ... But hopefully, Milan will play its game .. possesion football and take the three points.

Milan has really picked up form after the winter break and the team is really starting to jell and hopefully this form continues and the team cohesion gets stronger as the days pass by.

I'm not sure why Ronaldinho has not featured as a starter in the past two games, but I can tell that since he was dropped, the team really started to play faster and more effective football. I am hopeful though, that he will regain his brilliance and show his magic once more in Italy, its just a matter of time smile.gif
han2503
I'm more relaxed about this one, I hope it doesn't bite me in the @ss but since we're playing at home, where we have played better this season than away and with the way the team has picked up their performances I'm more confident.

With that being said Genoa are a team that fit into the category of Milan's 'bogey' teams, so I wouldn't be surprised that much if we drew against them. But I'm hopeful we won't and that we'll keep up the pace with Juve and Inter.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 26 2009, 09:45 PM) *
we'll keep up the pace with Juve and Inter.

Call me optimistic blink.gif biggrin.gif

But I think Milan will pass them cooly ... Feb is right around the courner and they will need to prepare both mentaly and physically for their CL clashes ... They will drop at lease 4 points a pair by the time the last 16 of the CL commences.

I saw how Sampdoria took the reigns last night, they showed no fear and really out played inter for the most part in the first half ... inter are beatable and so are Juve
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 26 2009, 07:36 PM) *
It will be an intense game ... But hopefully, Milan will play its game .. possesion football and take the three points.

Milan has really picked up form after the winter break and the team is really starting to jell and hopefully this form continues and the team cohesion gets stronger as the days pass by.

I'm not sure why Ronaldinho has not featured as a starter in the past two games, but I can tell that since he was dropped, the team really started to play faster and more effective football. I am hopeful though, that he will regain his brilliance and show his magic once more in Italy, its just a matter of time smile.gif

Ronaldinho hasn't featured because , how carleto sad, seedorf can do better the deffencive part of the ficture, but also sad that ronaldinho will play much in the Serie A second turn because he erned that in the first period of the season with his performances.

I hope to se KA-PA-RO more often because i like more this threeangle!

king.gif king.gif
RinoIlCapitano
Call me optimistic if you want, but on wednesday we will come closer to inter or juve because they are not going to win their away matches, at least one of them will fail to win for sure!!

Inter play the away match in Catania, which is a totally home team with the 7 1 2 home record and the goal difference of 15 10. So they can make a really big problem for inter that have played terible they last away match at bergamo where they were humiliated! They will miss adriano through susspension (He is banned for punching Castaldelo), and mourinho! They are definitely out of form, so they will lose points in Catania!!

Juve play also a away match in Friuli , udine! Udinese is not in form, so they will desperated need this points and they will play for them for sure. They will be really up for some point.... And I think they will earn a point in this match!

So if we win (I think we will for sure) the table will look a litle bit better for us!

Let's hope!
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie dello Sport @ Jan 26 2009, 10:13 AM) *
BORRIELLO: at the end of his 'calvary' and should rejoin the team Friday after the tests at milanlab.

The end of his what? huh.gif
Tennie
that's the literal translation, miz. 'long period of suffering' would perhaps be a better explanation.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 26 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Call me optimistic blink.gif biggrin.gif

But I think Milan will pass them cooly ... Feb is right around the courner and they will need to prepare both mentaly and physically for their CL clashes ... They will drop at lease 4 points a pair by the time the last 16 of the CL commences.

I saw how Sampdoria took the reigns last night, they showed no fear and really out played inter for the most part in the first half ... inter are beatable and so are Juve

Exccellent point. Both have really tough last 16 KOs coming up, Juve will definately drop points because they don't have a squad big enough for that strain yet, Inter on the other hand have the squad but are in terrible form and with everyone attacking them from all sides I could see them crumbling. Although it is a Jose Mourinho team and his teams usually know how to rise to these kinds of occasions I'm still not convinced with his Inter side, they are nothing like Chelsea. At the end of the day they are still Inter and they've always had serious issues when it comes to mental pressure, having Jose for a couple of months certainly wouldn't have fixed all those issues.

QUOTE (KakaIlCapitano @ Jan 26 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Call me optimistic if you want, but on wednesday we will come closer to inter or juve because they are not going to win their away matches, at least one of them will fail to win for sure!!

Inter play the away match in Catania, which is a totally home team with the 7 1 2 home record and the goal difference of 15 10. So they can make a really big problem for inter that have played terible they last away match at bergamo where they were humiliated! They will miss adriano through susspension (He is banned for punching Castaldelo), and mourinho! They are definitely out of form, so they will lose points in Catania!!

Juve play also a away match in Friuli , udine! Udinese is not in form, so they will desperated need this points and they will play for them for sure. They will be really up for some point.... And I think they will earn a point in this match!

So if we win (I think we will for sure) the table will look a litle bit better for us!

Let's hope!

Exactly.

I think at this point it all depends on us, we still have games to play against both these sides, and atm they have the tougher schedules since our big games all come at the end of the calender (except for the Inter match) Not only that but like R7 said, both have tough CL ties awaiting them that will take a lot out of them. I'm hoping that all 3 of the Italian teams advance, not only for Italian football, but to keep them occupied with CL for as long as possible.
Rivaldo
Carletto, please, NO SENDEROS, cos Milito torn him to pieces.
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Jan 26 2009, 09:45 PM) *
Carletto, please, NO SENDEROS, cos Milito torn him to pieces.

I dont agree. for me he showed some good potencial, made some very good tackles in the game with bologna. Lets give him some credit.... He was injured for a long time, i think he can be a reinforcement for our defense. For me, he is better than favalli....
Tennie
I'd rather have Favster, but he's become a favourite of mine. Think he's far better in the centre of defense than as LB though. Senderos isn't a bad player but he doesn't have the sophistication that a centerback in Serie A needs.

Here's Gazzetta's starting lineup:
Abbiati
Zambrotta Senderos Maldini Jankulovski
Beckham Pirlo Ambrosini
Kakà Seedorf
Pato

Bonera, Kaladze, Flamini and Pirlo are all 1 booking away from a suspension.
Zed.D
Why isn't Flamini getting any chance anymore? dry.gif
novfan
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 26 2009, 11:58 PM) *

Why isn't Sheva getting any chance anymore? dry.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (novfan @ Jan 26 2009, 03:52 PM) *
Why isn't Sheva getting any chance anymore? dry.gif

I lost a good amount of respect for Shev after the way in which he left the club, but now I'm starting to feel a twinge of pity for him because Carlo now has him Krazy Glued to the bench simply due to personal reasons that were around well before he left.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it could also be why Shev was yanked from the friendly at halftime, which was idiotic in itself.
Bluesummers
Playing senderos would be a bad idea against this team. Milito needs someone like maldini on him constantly and someone smart like favalli to back him up. If we had bonera it would have been better.

Ronaldinho and flamini should get some time in this one. I wouldn't start seedorf over dinho but who knows maybe the dutch master can pull of two games in a row in one week but i doubt it. I think he'll be slow.

Abbiati
Zambro-Favalli-paolo-janku

david-pirlo-ambro
kaka-dinho-
schoolkid

prediction 3-1 milan
Tennie
Note: the weekend game is away to Lazio. So it may be a matter of who to play against Genoa and who to play against Lazio. I'm not sure who I'd rest for which one.

As for defenders, apparently Bonera will be available for selection for Sunday.

Fishdoll agrees with Blue (gosh, do I have to use the scared smiley?) regarding the centerback pairing.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 27 2009, 03:25 AM) *
Note: the weekend game is away to Lazio. So it may be a matter of who to play against Genoa and who to play against Lazio. I'm not sure who I'd rest for which one.

As for defenders, apparently Bonera will be available for selection for Sunday.

Fishdoll agrees with Blue (gosh, do I have to use the scared smiley?) regarding the centerback pairing.

Ive missed Bonera !! cheers for the info Tennie king.gif
han2503
Maybe Carlo should look into resting Kaka for this one. it's a midweek game and players who have been playing non-stop since the restart would need a rest.

Personally I think starting with this formation would be better for us in the long run, ie, not having players burned out by the end of the week

Zambro--Favalli--Maldini--Janku
Flamini--Beckham--Seedorf
Dinho
Sheva--Pato

Obviously it's not going to happen but it doesn't hurt to hope...
Jack Sparrow
I'd have Pippo start this one...Pato's been playing a lot too. But then again he's a striker on a streak, so best to let him be.

Otherwise, han's formation looks nice. I'd play Pirlo though, instead of Zee. Pirlo's also been starting to find some mojo, and might be a good option.

I know Senderos is a big risk, but I'd rather he play Genoa to get some continuity. (Yes Genoa are 4th but...)

Zambro--Senderos--Paolo--Janku
Becks--Andy--Matt
Dinho
Sheva/Pippo--Pato/Sheva

TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 27 2009, 02:03 AM) *
Maybe Carlo should look into resting Kaka for this one. it's a midweek game and players who have been playing non-stop since the restart would need a rest.

Personally I think starting with this formation would be better for us in the long run, ie, not having players burned out by the end of the week

Zambro--Favalli--Maldini--Janku
Flamini--Beckham--Seedorf
Dinho
Sheva--Pato

Obviously it's not going to happen but it doesn't hurt to hope...

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 27 2009, 02:44 AM) *
I'd have Pippo start this one...Pato's been playing a lot too. But then again he's a striker on a streak, so best to let him be.

Otherwise, han's formation looks nice. I'd play Pirlo though, instead of Zee. Pirlo's also been starting to find some mojo, and might be a good option.

+ 1 (...Each smile.gif thumbup.gif)
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 27 2009, 03:58 AM) *
Why isn't Flamini getting any chance anymore?

Better not ask, when you already know the answer, ZD. sleep.gif Carlo never learned the word 'rotation' in school, it seems. He's lucky we have a, quote unquote, family atmosphere here in Milano, and (most) players keep it quite. Any other club, and you'll be hearing hue and cry. And lots of it.

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 27 2009, 05:50 AM) *
I lost a good amount of respect for Shev after the way in which he left the club, but now I'm starting to feel a twinge of pity for him because Carlo now has him Krazy Glued to the bench simply due to personal reasons that were around well before he left.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it could also be why Shev was yanked from the friendly at halftime, which was idiotic in itself.

Hit the nail right on the kisser, there, Miz. innocent.gif It's a hell of a time for payback, huh? 2005 (the time when Sheva and Carlo had a whole bunch of public fights), seems all too far away.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 27 2009, 07:44 AM) *

I know Senderos is a big risk, but I'd rather he play Genoa to get some continuity. (Yes Genoa are 4th but...)

Zambro--Senderos--Paolo--Janku
Becks--Andy--Matt
Dinho
Sheva/Pippo--Pato/Sheva

Yeah but Pirlo will only miss a mid week game, I'd prefer it if we rested him. I opted for Pato because with Kaka out he's be the only one in the attack that could inject pace. Dinho and Sheva can only provide short burts of pace, but nothing like Pato or Kaka.

And like you said, he's a striker on a streak so we should leave him be
Tennie
Pirlo's 1 card away from a suspension. might not be the worst idea to let him get booked tomororw, rest against lazio and be for sure available against the cugini (that game's coming up).

As for Flamini, I think there are 2 reasons why we've not seen more of him: 1. he hasn't shown himself to be all that stellar (not necessarily a bad thing; new league, new team, etc. he's taking time to adjust). 2. #32 is taking teh spot that would in likelihood have been Flamini's in the lineup.
Rivaldo
QUOTE (KakaIlCapitano @ Jan 26 2009, 11:17 PM) *
Lets give him some credit....

Yep. Milito will be glad to use this credit dry.gif

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 26 2009, 11:58 PM) *

Cos Berlu said BECKHAM MUST PLAY mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
Tennie
Carletto gave his prematch press conference. Lots of chatter in this one.

Highilights:
* there'll be turnover from the starting XI on Sunday (nobody named)
* he thinks Genoa (and Milito in particular) is dangerous
* Borriello will be available starting next weekend (this is v Reggina)
* Nesta's training twice a day and will start working with the team in about 10 days.
KillerMax
Nesta and Boriello... We miss both dearly... Now who is going to be benched when Boriello returns God knows.. I think it will be Pato. Carlo will keep Boriello on the bench until Pato has a few bad games and then KABOOM!
Zed.D
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 27 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Nesta and Boriello... We miss both dearly... Now who is going to be benched when Boriello returns God knows.. I think it will be Pato. Carlo will keep Boriello on the bench until Pato has a few bad games and then KABOOM!

Pato showed his worth and what he can do in this period. if Carlo all of a sudden benches him then he's officially... . [reserving the proper adjective in case it did happen!]
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 27 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Pato showed his worth and what he can do in this period. if Carlo all of a sudden benches him then he's officially... . [reserving the proper adjective in case it did happen!]

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif But Borriello deserves a chance, ZD. Somebody's gotta suffer.
Tennie
I think we may see an end to the hated Xmas tree formation if/when Borriello returns. The one to go would be a DM.
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 27 2009, 07:41 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif But Borriello deserves a chance, ZD. Somebody's gotta suffer.

I didn't say he doesn't. but is benching Pato who has been in great form and is improving game by game the right thing to do? wouldn't that destroy every bit of confidence he's gained recently?

It's time Carlo changed the way Milan plays once and for all.
Tennie
I think that's what he'll do, zeddie. Maybe I've had too many Fishdoll-cookies, but Carletto's been askign for a strong center forward (like Borriello) for a couple of years. A Borriello-Pato attack force with Kaka playing just behind 'em? Scary. smile.gif And yes, this would mean one of the beloved DMs would have to be sacrificed and I wouldn't mind it one bit.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 27 2009, 07:48 PM) *
I think that's what he'll do, zeddie. Maybe I've had too many Fishdoll-cookies, but Carletto's been askign for a strong center forward (like Borriello) for a couple of years. A Borriello-Pato attack force with Kaka playing just behind 'em? Scary. smile.gif And yes, this would mean one of the beloved DMs would have to be sacrificed and I wouldn't mind it one bit.

The problem is not [probably] that Carlo loves Xmas tree to death. the problem is the midfield. Beckham, Pirlo, Seedorf, Dinho, Ambrosini, Flamini, etc. how on earth is Carlo going to choose only 3 of them when, on Sunday nights, he has to field both Dinho and Beckham so Silvio is amused?! dry.gif the only choice he has is to use one less attacker/one more midfielder.
gal_kenny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 27 2009, 04:11 PM) *

No one has to suffer at all...There's what they call rotation...Everyone can be rotated..benitez does it, Guardiola does it, ferguson does it...why can't carlo do it!!! its very possible...
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 27 2009, 08:16 PM) *
I didn't say he doesn't. but is benching Pato who has been in great form and is improving game by game the right thing to do? wouldn't that destroy every bit of confidence he's gained recently?

I was being sarcastic, ZD. I hate it when I leave a sarcastic comment and people don't understand it. mad.gif tongue.gif My initial point was why bench anyone? Why can't they all play, why can't Carlo rotate players based on opposition and game tactics? Play a 2 striker attack, sometime, play Inzaghi/Sheva with either Pato/Borriello once a while.

Keep everyone happy, keep everyone fresh!

QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jan 27 2009, 08:37 PM) *
No one has to suffer at all...There's what they call rotation...Everyone can be rotated..benitez does it, Guardiola does it, ferguson does it...why can't carlo do it!!! its very possible...

You read my mind, Kenny. cool.gif That's what I was trying to say the first time around, but it was lost in sarcasm. We suffered with a lot of youngsters this way, when someone older was preferred to them. Rotation is key. No one deserves a guaran-damn-teed starting place, in all matches. And even if they did, it's good to give players a rest. Alternate with the squad. Pato plays great one match, let him strategically rest for another, and then bring him back in the next one.

No one suffers, no one gets injured, no one get's hurt. Everyone's happy.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 27 2009, 08:11 PM) *
I think we may see an end to the hated Xmas tree formation if/when Borriello returns. The one to go would be a DM.

I'd be all for it. smile.gif Let's wait and see what happens.
Tennie
Much to my surprise, ESPN has a halfway decen preview of the game. Here it is.

AC Milan v Genoa: Preview
Team Stat Comparison
AC Milan Genoa
Matches Played 19 19
Table Position 3 4
Points 37 35
Goal Difference 11 12
Goals for * 2.0 0.9
Goals against * 0.5 1.1
Last 5 W-W-D-W-L D-W-W-W-D
Last 5 home W-W-W-W-W D-W-D-D-W
Last 5 away W-D-L-L-D W-W-W-D-L
* Goals per match - home matches for home club and away matches for away club
· Club Stats: AC Milan | Genoa

Competition Stats
AC Milan Genoa
Goals Kaká 9 Alberto Diego Milito 13
Reds Gianluca Zambrotta 1 Sokratis Papastrathopoulos 1
Yellows Marek Jankulovski 6 Thiago Motta 6
· Club Rosters : AC Milan | Genoa

Last Five Matches in Competition
AC Milan Genoa
@Bologna 1-4 Catania 1-1
Fiorentina 1-0 @Lecce 0-2
@AS Roma 2-2 Torino 3-0
Udinese 5-1 @Chievo Verona 0-1
@Juventus 4-2 Atalanta 1-1
· Club Results: AC Milan | Genoa

Next Five Matches in Competition
AC Milan Genoa
1/28 Genoa 1/28 @AC Milan
2/1 @Lazio 2/1 Palermo
2/7 Reggina 2/8 @AS Roma
2/15 @Internazionale 2/15 Fiorentina
2/22 Cagliari 2/22 @Napoli
· Club Schedule: AC Milan | Genoa
Updated: January 27, 2009, 9:16 AM ET

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti is pleased with the Rossoneri's current form ahead of their home tie with high-flying Genoa tomorrow evening.
The Diavolo, currently in third place and six points behind Serie A leaders Inter Milan, thrashed Bologna 4-1 last weekend and will be aiming for a third consecutive win.

"We are in good shape and if we can continue like this we will be able to obtain great success,'' Ancelotti, who notched up his 400th match at the Rossoneri helm in the last round of matches, told the Milan Channel.

"At Bologna we played a good game, which in turn has given us enthusiasm and confidence for the next few rounds.

"The sensation amongst the players is good and we are hoping this positive spell lasts a long time. On Sunday we demonstrated that we are in form and can do some real damage,'' he warned before focusing on tomorrow's opponents.

"In the reverse fixture against us, Genoa demonstrated to be a strong and competitive side that in the arc of the first part of the season has remained as such.

"They are a dynamic side with players that run a lot and make use of the wings. We must be wary of their dynamism when they have the initiative.

"However, the Milan side will definitely be different to the one at the Marassi. We want to up the tempo and improve our position in the table.''

Ancelotti looks set to make a couple of changes to the side that won at Bologna.

Left-back Marek Jankulovski returns from suspension and will replace Giuseppe Favalli while Ronaldinho is expected to take over from Clarence Seedorf.

Daniele Bonera, Marco Borriello, Emerson, Gennaro Gattuso, Kakha Kaladze and Alessandro Nesta are all unavailable through injury.

Genoa president Enrico Preziosi has called on his side to play at the San Siro without any fear.

The Grifone are in good form and currently occupy fourth place having collected an impressive 36 points so far.

"We are hoping to gain another positive result against Milan,'' Preziosi told the official club website, www.genoacfc.it.

"Milan are stuffed full of champions, some of whom are real phenomena, but allow me to add that this Genoa side is not easy for anyone to confront.

"We will need to be cynical and make the most of any opportunities that come our way. We will play our cards without the worries that come with being obliged to gain a result. With a free mind we will be free to have a go,'' he concluded.

Rossoblu coach Gian Piero Gasperini is expected to make a number of changes to the side that was held 1-1 at home by Catania on Sunday.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos will take over from the suspended Matteo Ferrari in defence while fellow defender Salvatore Bocchetti will start on the bench.

The versatile Domenico Criscito will drop back into the defence with Ivan Juric joining the midfield.

Marco Rossi will take over from Giandomenico Mesto while striker Diego Milito could start on the bench with Ruben Olivera his replacement.

Andrea Gasbarroni, Raffaele Palladino, Matteo Paro, Alessandro Potenza and Alessio Scarpi remain in the Grifone treatment room.
Tennie
Here are the call ups (from acmilan.com's italian page):
Abbiati, Dida
Antonini, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta
Ambrosini, Beckham, Flamini, Pirlo
Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.
Darunia
MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti spoke exclusively to Milan Channel before the press conference on the eve of Milan-Genoa, scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday January 28th, at San Siro. Hereunder are his declarations.

"At Bologna we played a nice game, which gave us enthusiasm and trust for the next games. The sensations inside the squad are very good and we hope to make this positive period last longer. We're fine and this state of things can improve further. On Sunday we proved that if we're in form and lively, we can do very well. Also, there wasn't the great waste of energy, a bit because we played with a man more and a bit because we wanted to contain the rhythm: this way there will not be problems of recovery for those who went on the pitch two days ago. However, I will evaluate after the training sessions, I don't exclude that there could be some change to the formation that went on the pitch at Bologna.

"Against us, in the first leg, Genoa proved to be a strong team, competitive and managed to maintain these things during the first part of the season. It's a very dynamic squad, with player who run, come back quickly and take advantage of the wings. We shall have to be careful about their dynamism in counter attacking. Milito is a very good attacker. Thiago Motta is very good in the defensive phase, but also when coming forward and in the air. He was said to be finished, but instead he found new force. However, it will surely be a differnet Milan than the one at Marassi: we want to increase the rythm and improve our position in the standings."

On Ronaldinho: "It's not essential that he has a very good athletic condition, all he needs is just one good one to outweigh it with his technical ability and moves. However it's not like he's not feeling good: it's a moment like this, he will soon find back his form and high spirit."

On the 400 benches with the Rossoneri: "It's already a reward for me to have them direct more or less with the same players, who have always accepted all of my decisions with seriousness, serenity and availability. With the current times, it's not a little thing..."

Gazzeta's probable lineup: Abbiati, Zambrotta, Senderos, Maldini, Jankulovski, Beckham, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Pato

As for the talk about Borriello returning, I'd love to see a lineup like this in a couple weeks:

Abbiati
Zambrotta Nesta Maldini Jankulovski
Beckham Pirlo Flamini
Kaka
Pato Borriello
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (Darunia @ Jan 27 2009, 05:17 PM) *
Gazzeta's probable lineup: Abbiati, Zambrotta, Senderos, Maldini, Jankulovski, Beckham, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Pato

As for the talk about Borriello returning, I'd love to see a lineup like this in a couple weeks:

Abbiati
Zambrotta Nesta Maldini Jankulovski
Beckham Pirlo Flamini
Kaka
Pato Borriello

Boriello is not going to play, he have reinjured in the practice today! mad.gif
Tennie
An Italian friend of mine thinks it's divine providence, giving Pato time to QUACK QUACK his way to the capocannoniere title. smile.gif (Another wants to send Borriello off to Lourdes for a miracle cure.)
elcordobez
QUOTE (KakaIlCapitano @ Jan 28 2009, 06:43 AM) *
Boriello is not going to play, he have reinjured in the practice today! mad.gif

WoW

that guy has some pretty bad luck @ Milan
MizNelson
Well, anyone who thought he was going to return and be a barnburner after scoring nineteen for midpack Genoa last season was pretty delusional to begin with. He's not star material and never will be.
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 28 2009, 03:29 AM) *
Well, anyone who thought he was going to return and be a barnburner after scoring nineteen for midpack Genoa last season was pretty delusional to begin with. He's not star material and never will be.

+100,000. sleep.gif I used to like Bori, but maybe, just maybe he doesn't belong here.
RinoIlCapitano
I would play with this team the next match:
Abiati

Antonini Senderos Maldini Zambro

Pirlo

Beckham Flamini

Kaka Ronaldinho

Pato

I would rest Seedorf before the lazio game and i also think that we must ruin his confidence a little bit, so he will perform a lot better when he wouldn't be so sure for his first team spot!!

Flamini will do everything to prove his cllasy that he have for sure!! He will be really on and i think we definitely need that kind of player in this match!

Senderos before Favalli because he is a lot younger and he can play against milito even in the air and i think he is definitely a best pick for this match!

Jankulovski definitely not because he is so poor in his defensive duties.

Pato Kaka and Roni because i think we must destroy their defense and they can do that the best.

Beckham is in a great form , i really like his way of play!

Pirlo, he must repeat the last game against bologna, where he gave us tempo through the whole match!
elcordobez
i reckon Carlo will go with what we had last week

zamb - maldini - senderos - jank

becks - pirlo - ambro

kaka - seedorf

pato

Considering Lazio has crappy form atm i think this game is a bigger threat than Lazio would be.

Yes we played an entertaining game against Bologna but i think we're getting ahead of ourselves a little,Mudingay was sent off and he's an integral part of their midfield,Pirlo will probably get marked out of the game.They'll probably do something like 4-5-1

In terms of Flamini (not doubting his ability at all) i disagree that we need him in this game i think Becks could link up better with the forwards i reckon the only way we'll break em down is with a quick passing game non of this slow down the tempo and wait for them to re-park the bus every time we win possession.

I really liked that move we did vs Bologna, Kaka's 2nd goal where Pato runs in and draw 3 defenders and backheels to Kaka in a fairly open position,if you look at Shevchenko's goal vs Hannover he did exactly the same thing with Inzaghi,hope it works again biggrin.gif biggrin.gif except he'll probably have to draw more than 3 defenders if they park the bus sleep.gif

Thee Milito problem,we can't leave him in a 1on1 with any of our defenders in our squad last time he got a penalty against Maldini and looking at the way Senderos marked Di Vaio it's a goal waiting to happen i reckon Zambrotta will have a big role to play here.

I'm hoping we'll win 3 - 1 i have a feeling Becks will score a freekick smile.gif Ambro from a header and Pato will get one from just outside the box carbon copy of the Kaka goal from the weekend its worked the last 2games i'm sure they'll give it a go.

Tennie
Fishdoll would like very much to say QUACK QUACK during this game.

The only certainties in terms of starting XI for me are Abbiati, Zambro, Pirlo and Pato. the others could (I think) all move around to an extent.
KillerMax
All you Boriello haters, soon you will regret your words. He will return. And it will be good.
MizNelson
It may be a while, because Bori seems to be made out of soda crackers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.