Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan - Catania
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mook
Thought I'd see if I can bring back some luck by creating this weekends match thread.

Anyway were at the San Siro again and for once its not the twilight game. Should be an interesting game considering Catania are only 5 points behind us. Obviously if we actually come out and play with the right formation, tactics, mentality and players, we will cruise to victory.

The last time we lost two games in a row, we got on a reasonable unbeaten streak. Also Inter are playing Lazio this weekend, so theres a fair chance we can catch up some ground.

Forza Milan! devil.gif
Jack Sparrow
When is the match? Saturday or Sunday??

We won't lose this match, that much I'm sure of.
arivanjj
it should be on sunday.

We lose this, carlo should be gone right away, if we win by a 10 goal margin, then he should be given a second thought.
whoarethepatriots
Is it better to be feared or loved? back in the day we were both, but now the only attention we get is mockery and backhanded compliments.

Please for the love of god, start beating these small provincial teams
jefri91
1-2
Emerson(og) 5', Ronaldinho(penalty), Emerson(og) 94' ET
acid911
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Dec 4 2008, 02:04 PM) *
1-2

You should open match threads, Jefri. laugh.gif Seriously.
vahid
Let's lose some points devil.gif
ohmy.gif
Zed.D
Catania are really doing good this season... I'm not sure we have an easy game. easy game doesn't mean anything anymore in the #1 club in the world's dictionary. even the most bottom table team is capable of at least holding us to a draw. it's easy for them after all. they defend with 9 and hit us on the counterattacks. we waste so much energy and time to score a single goal, and them a in moment we see we're level again...

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 4 2008, 09:27 AM) *
We lose this, carlo should be gone right away, if we win by a 10 goal margin, then he should be given a second thought.

+1 laugh.gif

QUOTE (jefri91 @ Dec 4 2008, 12:34 PM) *
1-2

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Milan start good. Emerson get's sent off. Returns with a gun.

Since this is a random-thoughts thread I've decided to try my luck.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 4 2008, 03:04 PM) *
Milan start good. Emerson get's sent off. Returns with a gun.

Since this is a random-thoughts thread I've decided to try my luck.

drunksmilef.gif
Zed.D
We didn't care that much about the Coppa Italia, because our objective is the league.

We believe you, Carlo. good excuse.

But I wonder what your next excuse, when we screw up another league game, will be...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 4 2008, 01:05 PM) *
But I wonder what your next excuse, when we screw up another league game, will be...

"We didn't care much about the League, the Coppa is our objective."
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 4 2008, 06:44 PM) *
"We didn't care much about the League, the Coppa is our objective."

Um, we're out of the Coppa. unsure.gif Last night was a do or die, knockout type of game against Lazio.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 4 2008, 02:00 PM) *
Um, we're out of the Coppa. unsure.gif Last night was a do or die, knockout type of game against Lazio.

That's my point. Carlo's excuses are ridiculous. wink.gif
amancik
How about "We don't care much about the league, as long as we get paid"
Il Diavolo
7:0

Pato hat-trick, double by Kaka, double by Dinho - Carlo for life! laugh.gif

Seriously, 3:1 seems satisfying. Catania is probably the most defensive team in Serie A, but once we break the dead lock, it should be easy to finish them. The team knows how to react in situations like this. Besides, this season, San Siro is our hope unlike last year when we relied mainly on away games. Gattuso eating Masscare and Pato finally delivering a good game - great stuff.

No chance for Sheva unfortunetely.
CrazyMilanFan
points will be dropped i think and till half season i am afraid we will be fighting for 4th place again
Habitant
8-7 milan

Emerson OG in first 25 seconds to set the tone, then goes on a rampage and scores 2 hat tricks and shows his true colors innocent.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Dec 4 2008, 11:03 PM) *
points will be dropped i think and till half season i am afraid we will be fighting for 4th place again

merda and Juve will drop a lot of points when the championship commences ... as they will be playing two games a week with their first XI in most of them. While Milan has the luxury of alternating with the rich bench and depth and focusing on the Scudetto in the final stretch. Its just 6 points off the top, unlike the previous two seasons where Milan was far off the top smile.gif

considering the type of season Milan are having so far, it is very much possible that Milan can rev up a gear and go all out. Don't forget, there will be even more tussle for a midfield spot, as Beckham will come in. Moreover, Milan would have recovered several key players from injury.

Forza Milan cool.gif
acid911
Where would I be without your optimism, R7? sad.gif devil.gif You just, give hope, when it isn't there. Keep going!
Fillipo Simone
Naah, hope never fades. Even kids know that... unsure.gif wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 4 2008, 11:29 PM) *
merda and Juve will drop a lot of points when the championship commences ... as they will be playing two games a week with their first XI in most of them. While Milan has the luxury of alternating with the rich bench and depth and focusing on the Scudetto in the final stretch. Its just 6 points off the top, unlike the previous two seasons where Milan was far off the top smile.gif

considering the type of season Milan are having so far, it is very much possible that Milan can rev up a gear and go all out. Don't forget, there will be even more tussle for a midfield spot, as Beckham will come in. Moreover, Milan would have recovered several key players from injury.

Forza Milan cool.gif

The reason why I have not given up on the scudetto yet is because with Carlo as our coach our second half of the season if always much much better.

I think if we're 6 points or less away from 1st spot when the championship resumes we'll make a serious challenge for it!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 5 2008, 12:52 AM) *
The reason why I have not given up on the scudetto yet is because with Carlo as our coach our second half of the season if always much much better.

I think if we're 6 points or less away from 1st spot when the championship resumes we'll make a serious challenge for it!

The force is strong within you brother biggrin.gif
CrazyMilanFan
hopefully we will but rite now the hopes are not hihg on my side
Astafjevs
It will be a struggle. The game last night will take a lot out of us unfortunately. I think we will draw.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 5 2008, 01:59 AM) *
merda and Juve will drop a lot of points when the championship commences ...

Just a simple question: what makes you think we won't?

Tell me something more logical.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 5 2008, 02:10 AM) *
Just a simple question: what makes you think we won't?

Tell me something more logical.

Simply because, Milan wont risk balancing Serie A with UEFA cup. Hence, Milan are more devoted to Serie A.

Of course there will be dropped points, this is football, but Milan have the advantage as UEFA cup isn't exactly CL, Milan might get knocked out after the group stages, and frankly I wouldn't care as I would prefer Milan to concentrate solely on Serie A.
Astafjevs
I'm a little bit apprehensive regarding that issue actually. We can concentrate on Serie A now, because we could play anyone and get through our UEFA Cup group.

However, when it gets to the QF's and SF's, I wouldn't be surprised to see our mentality change. It's a European trophy, the only one we haven't won. It's also an international title and a chance to pull away from Boca as the most decorated club, which I'm sure Galliani is aware of. As the opposition will be harder, a stronger team will need to be deployed to get through, and I reckon it will be to the detriment of the league.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Astafjevs @ Dec 5 2008, 12:03 AM) *
I'm a little bit apprehensive regarding that issue actually. We can concentrate on Serie A now, because we could play anyone and get through our UEFA Cup group.

However, when it gets to the QF's and SF's, I wouldn't be surprised to see our mentality change. It's a European trophy, the only one we haven't won. It's also an international title and a chance to pull away from Boca as the most decorated club, which I'm sure Galliani is aware of. As the opposition will be harder, a stronger team will need to be deployed to get through, and I reckon it will be to the detriment of the league.

biggrin.gif

Another good post. You should introduce yourself in the 'inctroductions' area, hope you decide to stick around!
Ry4n
my prediction is 3- 1 !!
Jack Sparrow
AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo is in doubt for the match with Catania on Sunday as his injury woes continue...

It has not been a good season for Andrea Pirlo or even AC Milan in general in terms of injuries.

Pirlo has spent a majority of the season off the pitch, only recently making his return to the line-up after being on the sidelines for over two months. The Italian international injured his tibia against Palermo, missing the midweek Coppa Italia clash with Lazio, and he is now in doubt to take on Catania on Sunday.

Meanwhile, coach Carlo Ancelotti has other selection headaches to deal with. Besides the usual absentees of Marco Borriello and Alessandro Nesta, Daniele Bonera and Filippo Inzaghi could also sit out against the Sicilian side.

Bonera is suffering from back pain and former Juventus striker Inzaghi has the flu, so both are a major doubt for the match at the San Siro, according to Calciomercato.

One positive note for Ancelotti is the goal Andrei Shevchenko scored in the Coppa Italia on Wednesday. The Ukrainian looks set to retain his place in the starting line-up ahead of Alexandre Pato, who himself may not be at full fitness.

goal.com

sad.gif
amancik
I have a feeling that Shevchenko might be the hero in this game.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 5 2008, 05:34 AM) *
goal.com

sad.gif

Dam
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 5 2008, 04:29 AM) *
Simply because, Milan wont risk balancing Serie A with UEFA cup. Hence, Milan are more devoted to Serie A.

Of course there will be dropped points, this is football, but Milan have the advantage as UEFA cup isn't exactly CL, Milan might get knocked out after the group stages, and frankly I wouldn't care as I would prefer Milan to concentrate solely on Serie A.

If having to compete in two difficult competitions is going to penalize Inter, I think it will cost them the CL, not the title race. what I mean is, in Serie A they mostly play smaller teams, "UEFA Cup/Intertoto level" teams or worse. there are only a handful of teams that can create real problems for this Inter. I don't see them getting into much troube beating these midtable/bottom table teams even if they are focusing on the CL. there aren't THAT many teams that we could rely on...

Milan might get knocked out after the group stages

Inter too. they have this habit of getting eliminated in the early stages. I know I wouldn't hold my breath for Inter to go all the way in the CL and in the meantime drop points in the league for us to take advantage of. we reached the top spot a few weeks ago and now we are 6 points off the top. we failed once at doing the easier thing, which is relying on ourselves, not others.

As for Juve, I don't think they can continue like this. lack of depth will punish them somewhere down the line where they will be left wondering whether to focus on the league or the CL.

With Inter, unfortunately, I don't see this happening. firstly because they have a great depth, which only ours compares to, and they might face a tough draw (Chelsea for example are almost certain to finish second in their group) and face an early exit from the CL.
kurtsimonw
Injuries are no excuse, we should be prepared.. but we aint half unlucky with not just the amount of players getting hurt, but who's getting hurt isn't helping.
Astafjevs
If there's one thing we can put our houses on, it's Inter to fail miserably in the Champions League.
Tennie
+1 cookie to Astafjevs for that one. 96.gif

Anyway, to news about the game. Quite an impressive injury list according to Ancelotti's prematch interview. Bonera (thigh strain), Inzaghi (flu), and Pirlo (bruised tibia) are all out and Pato is a doubt (doesn't sound like he'll play either).

Nova
Long time since i've been home to watch this game , let's hope for a good result .

Season is still long from over , lazio can steal points from merda and we can do good business if we win against Catania. These are the points you must win , i think we lost 4th spot last year cause of the silly points we lost against the same silly teams.

So forza Milan !!
dst
QUOTE (Astafjevs @ Dec 5 2008, 11:56 PM) *
If there's one thing we can put our houses on, it's Inter to fail miserably in the Champions League.

Spain won the Euro... anything can happen...
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 6 2008, 07:30 PM) *

+1
TriniKing_CE
Ancelotti Wants To Disprove Milan 'Crisis' At Catania
Milan tactician Carlo Ancelotti is using the Sicilians as a litmus test.

Milan host Sicilians Catania this weekend, and the visitors have had a great season thus far: had they won at home to Lecce last week they would have entered the top four.

Milan's biggest problem is that their form has not been very good lately. They lost at home to Lazio in the Italian cup a few day ago, and they were beaten 3-1 at another Sicilian team, Palermo last weekend.

Prior to that they drew 2-2 at both Torino and Portsmouth in the League and UEFA Cup respectively. Ancelotti's side need a morale-boosting win this weekend, which will dispel rumours of a crisis looming at the Rossoneri. Walter Zenga will be aiming for a positive result away in the North of Italy.

Ancelotti commented at today's press conference, “The objective is to win and return to our title journey. Catania are a very unique side, and they are doing very well in this early part of the season. We need to cancel out this moment and with calm and motivation we must prepare for the next match after this game, which will be versus Juventus,” said the coach.

Speaking about the missing players that have added to the difficult moment of the team, Ancelotti said, “In the last few games we have had a problem with the players in our midfield, which has put extra workloads on Flamini, Emerson and Seedorf, punishing them in the process. Unfortunately Pirlo, Ambrosini and Gattuso have been out for various reasons, and in attack the loss of Borriello was even more telling than the lack of Nesta in defence.”

Ahead of tomorrow's game Ancelotti revealed, “Pato has not recuperated fully. Pirlo and Ambrosini are still unavailable. Seedorf needs to be evaluated, while Bonera won't make it and Inzaghi has the flu.”

Regarding his opposing coach at Catania, Walter Zenga, the Milan boss said, “Catania play a defensive but dangerous game, especially on the counter-attack. Zenga had courage to go and coach outside of Italy, and what he is accomplishing now with Catania is deserved.”

Peter Pedroncelli, Goal.com

Ancelotti - Pre-game Match Conference -- GOAL.COM
Astafjevs
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 6 2008, 03:00 PM) *

Shorter format with single knockout games. No home advantage for any team (not this year at least, as none of the hosts were contenders). The CL has two legged knockouts, where a bit of nous is required in terms of getting through.
TriniKing_CE
LET’S RETURN TO BE MILAN
12/6/2008 3:13:00 PM
In the clash against Catania, Carlo Ancelotti wants to find back his Milan: solid, balanced and with the right rhythm. Against the Sicilian side Pirlo, Ambrosini and Bonera will be missing – ANCELOTTI’S DECLARATIONS -

MILANELLO – On the eve of the clash against Catania, Carlo Ancelotti spoke during the press conference with the numerous journalists present at the sports centre of Carnago. The coach spoke about the game against the Sicilian side, Kaka and more:

THE CLASH AGAINST CATANIA
“We want to do well against a very dangerous team. We must do so for ourselves and also to prepare ourselves in the best possible way for the game against Juventus. Tomorrow’s game is a very important verification. Pato? He’s not recovered for tomorrow, just like Pirlo, Ambrosini and also Bonera. However, today for Pato we shall make a better evaluation on his conditions. Inzaghi? He has the fever and is not available. We must play a game at a time and the fact that Gattuso is carrying a yellow card cannot make us already think about the game against Juventus. Zenga? In this Catania side he brought grit and innovation. My rapport with Zenga? I always had a good rapport with him, we shared many adventures with the national team. I also scored against him in a derby game, but they disallowed it.”

KAKA’S POSITION
“With Kaka I speak ever day, I know his thought and I don’t see the uneasiness I read about on the newspapers. Kaka is not a double of this team, he holds the keys of the team like many players have. Milan continues to base itself on Kaka, I don’t see the problem. He’s producing less? He plays in a lower position and for this reason he’s scoring less. It’s a moment of thought, not of uneasiness. We try all together to do well for the team. I understand that the newspaper want to create a Kaka problem, a problem which does not exist. If we want to talk about his finishing, I continue to say that it only depends from his position. He does what I ask him to do and for this reason I’m absolutely satisfied about his season. Kaka is at 70%? I’m happy about this percentage.”

THE SQUAD’S MOMENT
“We must try to resume our path of 15 days ago. We lost rhythm with the midfielders and we must find it back. We received a good blow at Palermo, but I think that there is still time to recover. I must also say that certain missing players are being felt. In particular that of Borriello who in attack gives us movements and characteristics which are ideal for our game.”

DIDA’S PERFORMANCES
“Dida is doing very well and his competition with Abbiati is persisting. We have two great goalkeepers and I’m very satisfied with the performance of both. Even Abbiati has done very well and therefore still deserves his first team place.”

BECKHAM’S ARRIVAL
“He will not change anything from the tactical level. He’s a midfielder and therefore there will not be a problem his coexistence with Kaka and Ronaldinho. The 4-2-3-1 tactic? With these players I exclude it.”

NESTA’S CONDITION
“Right now I don’t have any new news about him, but I hope that he joins us in Dubai. I want to recover him in January and I also hope to play him.”

Ancelotti Declarations - AC Milan.COM
TriniKing_CE
Surely Sheva would get some much deserved time to play now!
Hope he takes this moment and makes the best of it... devilsmiley.gif
Zed.D
No Pippo, no Pato, no Borriello...

I think we will struggle [up front especially], not just because we have problems. Catania have been great this season.
TriniKing_CE
Well Hopefully Carlo would open his eyes a little bit more and allow for either Dinho or Kaka to drift into a SS position if need be done. I'm a bt optimistic about this one, then again I usually am. laugh.gif

But I really would enjoy to see Sheva bring joy to the team yet again!
Nova
dinho is out for tomorrows match sad.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Nova @ Dec 6 2008, 01:36 PM) *
dinho is out for tomorrows match sad.gif

ohh huh.gif
MizNelson
Was he suspended for the Flying Elbow?
Nova
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Dec 6 2008, 07:09 PM) *
Was he suspended for the Flying Elbow?

That was in the coppa italia , i dont think it counts for the serie A.

I think he must be injured , good thing that Pato is back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.