Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan - FC Zurich
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
armiss
We will be on our road for Uefa cup , this 2 match will reach us to Group 1 . i hope & wish all the best !

First match will be in San siro ( 18th September ) & return in Zurich ( 2th October )

their Official website : http://www.fcz.ch/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Zurich

more information :

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/n...sid=743492.html

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=71560
Fillipo Simone
Man, you're fast,...

This isn't exactly the 1st. round match I wanted to have for us... but, we'll go through, no question.
armiss
Time is going by !!
ACMBoY
First match will be on San Siro ( 18th September ) & return in Zürich ( 2th October ).

See ya
Tennie
Note to any who may be in the Milan area for this game: tickets are half price (according to acmilan.com's italian page).

Best place to get tickets in Milan (if you don't go through mpestero's website): the Banca Intesa at Piazza Cordusio. Fast, easy, and the people are very pleasant.
kurtsimonw
I bet this Zurich side are quietly confident of causing an upset.
Tennie
I sure would be.
Zed.D
We'll beat them smile.gif it's always like this. just when Carlo is almost fired, the team puts on a great show and everything dies down. remember Lazio, Sampdoria, Napoli, etc. games last season rolleyes.gif

Milan 3-0 Zurich. wink.gif
kurtsimonw
I'm not supporting Milan in the UEFA Cup for obvious reasons.. but I'm not sure if I want them out with the way they're playing!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 4 2008, 05:33 PM) *
Note to any who may be in the Milan area for this game: tickets are half price (according to acmilan.com's italian page).

Best place to get tickets in Milan (if you don't go through mpestero's website): the Banca Intesa at Piazza Cordusio. Fast, easy, and the people are very pleasant.

Damn dry.gif I wont be in Italia till the 27th, but guess who's playing on the 28th wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 14 2008, 07:41 PM) *
I'm not supporting Milan in the UEFA Cup for obvious reasons.. but I'm not sure if I want them out with the way they're playing!

Oh come on biggrin.gif

So what happens when Milan meet Villa tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 14 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Oh come on biggrin.gif

So what happens when Milan meet Villa tongue.gif

We'd probably get hammered at this rate. Play like we did today and we'll even struggle to beat Zurich
YoungGun
I doubt abt chance in UEFA CUP. I mean, will we be able to defeat Zurich? sad.gif
Minami
Milan always does better in european competitions than in italian league, so i hope for a win in san siro!!!

don't know how good zuricj is, but we are Milan wink.gif

looking forward to thursday smile.gif

FORZA MILAN
acid911
QUOTE (Minami @ Sep 15 2008, 01:51 AM) *
Milan always does better in european competitions than in italian league, so i hope for a win in san siro!!!
don't know how good zuricj is, but we are Milan
looking forward to thursday
FORZA MILAN

That's the spirit. devil.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2008, 08:55 PM) *
We'd probably get hammered at this rate. Play like we did today and we'll even struggle to beat Zurich

Oh come on ... get off it will ya biggrin.gif wink.gif
CrazyMilanFan
well i hope we win but struggle to win i dont want our target to shift towards UEFA
gal_kenny
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 14 2008, 04:39 PM) *
We'll beat them smile.gif it's always like this. just when Carlo is almost fired, the team puts on a great show and everything dies down. remember Lazio, Sampdoria, Napoli, etc. games last season rolleyes.gif

Milan 3-0 Zurich. wink.gif

At this stage i'm never convinced milan can win any match at all..
acid911
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Sep 15 2008, 03:41 AM) *
At this stage i'm never convinced milan can win any match at all..

Keep it together man! goodheart.gif We're the best damn club in the world, it was a very bad day at the office. Now that I think of it, I've seen worse ones. The defeat to Napoli towards the end of last season was worse than this one, as it sealed the deal, and landed us in fifth place.

I'm sure we'll pick up, and come out good in the next matches. Can't completely blame it on Carlo either. dry.gif He just makes the tactics and formations while choosing the players. How the team responds and plays isn't up to him. Don't lose sleep over it. I'm sure everything will end up alright.
kurtsimonw
Will be interesting to see which lineup we put out in this one.

IF I don't see the strongest Milan lineup possible, then either 1) Carlo is stupid or 2) he just really isn't interested anymore. One excuse I've heard is that the players haven't got an understanding due to not playing together much - which is ridiculous since alot of teams sign players in the sumers - so NOT playing our best XI would mean that we're missing out on the chance for them to get an understanding, if Carlo can't see this.. Then on the other side we have the fact that he doesn't care about our players getting an understanding as he's just lost interest in the club, can't think of another reason for it myself.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Minami @ Sep 15 2008, 01:21 AM) *
don't know how good zuricj is, but we are Milan wink.gif
looking forward to thursday smile.gif
FORZA MILAN

I'm telling you all, a convincing win against Zurich and UEFA Cup will become our first objective sad.gif we'll even use it as an excuse for Serie A loses just the same way we did it with CL games... it is after all the only trophy Milan is yet to win. we will have to win it..!

High hopes I had for this Milan sleep.gif

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 15 2008, 04:34 AM) *
We're the best damn club in the world

Really? we finished 5th in the league and got eliminated in the first knockout round of the Champions League. personally I would keep that tag for when we 'really' are the best club in the world. wink.gif

I'm sure we'll pick up, and come out good in the next matches.

How many times have we said something like this over the past 12 months...? aren't these comments familiar? "we'll do better", "we'll bounce back", "there's still time", "next match a different Milan", etc. it's getting as boring as the day-to-day, honestly.

I think a loss to Inter and we'll definitely be out of the race for the Scudetto.
drizzt
new tactic and formation please.. dry.gif (hope carlo will read this)
Ry4n
1-0 win is it to much to ask rolleyes.gif
whoarethepatriots
I am going to consider a draw an excellent result
Darunia
I'd be content with 0-0.
Zed.D
Can't believe we're the same people we were three weeks ago! things change so fast! 1 month ago we were talking about winning the league and now we are content with a draw with Zurich in UEFA Cup sleep.gif thank you Carlo, players, the management, etc. for breaking our hearts!!
Habitant
we'll win, 2-0 or 3-0. we've seen this happen many times in the past couple of years. what bothers me is it takes 4 or 5 loses to start to worry so the on going trend suggests we lose our next serie a game and carlo still is giving another chance.
kurtsimonw
We'll play our best team in my opinion, batter them, then lose at the weekend. The excuse will then be obvious - tired from our game on Thursday.
Zed.D
Milan Crisis Intensifies As Pirlo Suffers Injury Blow

Milan have been dealt another major blow in midfield after Andrea Pirlo went down with a muscular injury during Tuesday morning’s training session.

The Rossoneri are already without Gennaro Gattuso and it is highly likely that Pirlo will be ruled out from Milan’s UEFA Cup clash with Zurich on Thursday night.

The extent of the player’s injury is not yet known but the club have released a statement confirming he will under go further examinations on Friday morning.

"Milan announces that Andrea Pirlo sustained an injury to his right leg this morning and he will be examined further on Friday," read a statement on the club’s official website.

Although it is not known how long Pirlo will be out, reports in Italy suggest it will be several weeks. Carlo Ancelotti did not need this latest set-back given all the recent problems at the club.

Emerson or Cardacio are likely to come in for the injured star. Milan will be hoping to progress against Zurich. Any slip up could signal the end of Ancelotti’s days in charge.

The club cannot afford to lose or they will be eliminated from the competition.

Salvatore Landolina- goal.com

What does the last line mean? huh.gif
Tennie
It means that whoever wrote the article is trying to make it sound worse than it is. The tie with Zurich is over two legs (home and away).

re: Pirlo's injury, initial guesses are about a month out. It's a little odd that they're waiting 3 days for further tests though.
Zed.D
Huh! he's wrote it so confidently that for a minute I thought UEFA Cup has a different system!

Shameful people...
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 16 2008, 10:25 AM) *
re: Pirlo's injury, initial guesses are about a month out. It's a little odd that they're waiting 3 days for further tests though.

...Thought the same thing unsure.gif
han2503
Well this is just great rolleyes.gif

Hopefully we see Cardacio and Flamini in this one.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 15 2008, 08:43 PM) *
Can't believe we're the same people we were three weeks ago! things change so fast! 1 month ago we were talking about winning the league and now we are content with a draw with Zurich in UEFA Cup sleep.gif thank you Carlo, players, the management, etc. for breaking our hearts!!

That is depressingly true
acid911
QUOTE (Salvatore Landolina @ Sep 16 2008, 07:23 PM) *
The club cannot afford to lose or they will be eliminated from the competition.

Can't believe he got paid for writing this sort of crap. Maybe he's on inter's payroll or something. Cannot afford. Ha!
Soldier
If Sh**Shenko will be playing in this game, I will not watch it.
Amen.
vahid
QUOTE (Soldier @ Sep 16 2008, 06:26 PM) *
Amen.

I think Pato will start,Carletto should give him a real chance.
acid911
I also want Dida to start this one, so that our first choice hero 'Abbiati' can get a rest for the next Serie A game. rolleyes.gif The last thing we want is our keeper to burn out with the derby and other crucial games approaching. Who knows, maybe Carlo will stick with Ab?
han2503
QUOTE (Soldier @ Sep 16 2008, 07:26 PM) *
Amen.

Yeah right, because Sheva is clearly the reason we are cr@p rolleyes.gif
Tennie
Well, I'd bench him too, Han.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2008, 08:16 PM) *
Hopefully we see Cardacio and Flamini in this one.

Cardacio isn't in the squad, so that's that. rolleyes.gif Emo made it in instead of him!
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 16 2008, 07:42 PM) *
I also want Dida to start this one, so that our first choice hero 'Abbiati' can get a rest for the next Serie A game. rolleyes.gif The last thing we want is our keeper to burn out with the derby and other crucial games approaching. Who knows, maybe Carlo will stick with Ab?

Why is it turning to being Abbiati's fault now? The only goal that he could have done a bit better on was the second one against Bologna, but it was still mostly down to Kaladze's position, he was more in Abbiati's eyeline instead of trying to close down the player

The other goals he let in were really not his fault since they were all taken well and the only way they could have been stopped is if the defendrs had done their job

I'me pretty sure Dida wouldn't have done any better. Bottom line is, we don't have a decvent keeper, and right now the best of a very average bunch is playing when he commits his first howler we'll switch to Dida. And when Dida commits his first howler we'll switch to Kalac untill he screws up then the cycle will start all over again.

Galliani might go on and on about our team but we don't have a solid foindation ie cr@p keep and terrible defence (we all knew Nesta would be injured most of the time) We were never good enough in the league no matter how many strikers we brought in
acid911
Not his fault, but I'd still like him to be fresh for the match against Lazio. wink.gif It's be stupid of Carlo to field a full strength team against a club like Zurich when we haven't even took off the ground in the league. A little more than half of the first XI should play, the rest should concentrate on Serie A.

If we can't beat a team like Zurich, then it's for the better that we get a boot from the UEFA Cup and concentrate on more important issues at hand. Plain and simple. cool.gif Otherwise we'd be looking at a certain 5th place finish (if Carlo stays the whole season), and fighting it out with teams like Roma, Fiorentina and such. The way things are now, a UEFA Cup win plus Serie A title, seems too distant a possibility.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 16 2008, 07:44 PM) *
Well, I'd bench him too, Han.

I'd bench him if we were to play the xmas puke.gif tree puke.gif formation and Carlo gives him the instructions to play like a target man. It's ridiculous to expect Sheva to play that type of role, he couldn't have done that in his best of days let alone now. He was trying to play with his back to goal against Genoa and trying to lay off the Ball to Kaka and Dinho, Sheva can't play that type of role, he can play as a single forward upfront but you have to give him the ball at his feat so he can run onto it that's how we played the xmas tree formation when Sheva was the lone striker. And again it goes back to Carlo not willing to change his system. And if we try to do the same thing while Pato is up there alone upfront he'll struggle just as much as Sheva did if not more because he's shorter. Boriello is the only one we have that can play in this position and do well.

Now if we go for the 4-3-1-2, I'd go for either Sheva or Pato and Boriello.

If we play the xmas tree while having Sheva or Pato playing alone up there then Carlo has to change his tactics, we can't punt the ball up and have the just laying it off to Kaka and Dinho, it would be useless.
kurtsimonw
I think the club will try and win the UEFA Cup this season, because as long as our poor league form continues they will need an excuse, and saying we're competing in the UEFA Cup seems very Galliani like.
Tennie
Just realized I forgot to post the training stuff. So after having the official team picture taken, the team trained today, did warmups, played a practice game, and all that fun stuff (after which naughty student Ronaldinho had to report to Headmaster Galliani's office to explain his late night partying).

Pippo, Senderos, and Viudez trained separately (so presumably no Senderos in the starting XI).

RINO TRAINED WITH THE GROUP. 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif

(finally a tiny piece of good news).
Bluesummers
LOL dinho partied hahah! I'm looking foreward to this game. Dinho/kaka will be fitter and i hope pato starts.

My starting:

-----abbiat-----
zambro-bonera-maldini-favali

---------flamini---ambro-----

----kaka-----ronaldinho--seedorf-

---------------schoolkid------------
Fiorano
What carlo doesn't understand is that our slow defence cause flamini, pirlo, seedorf and dinho to play backwards, penalising the attack.

We only need a dynamic defence as to allow our midfield to move upfront.

Check out my formation:

Abbiatti
Senderos Darmian
Bonera Antonini
Pirlo Flamini
Kaka Ronaldinho
Pato Borriello

...And guess what, only abbiati is above 30 years old.

Carlo should reconsider the defence, and old players to retire, thank you for what you have done in the past but please give chance to our new talents, like baresi, rijkaard or van basten retired to give you your chance

Forza Milan
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Fiorano @ Sep 17 2008, 07:11 PM) *
What carlo doesn't understand is that our slow defence cause flamini, pirlo, seedorf and dinho to play backwards, penalising the attack.

We only need a dynamic defence as to allow our midfield to move upfront.

Check out my formation:

Abbiatti
Senderos Darmian
Bonera Antonini
Pirlo Flamini
Kaka Ronaldinho
Pato Borriello

...And guess what, only abbiati is above 30 years old.

Carlo should reconsider the defence, and old players to retire, thank you for what you have done in the past but please give chance to our new talents, like baresi, rijkaard or van basten retired to give you your chance

Forza Milan

Hmmm.... rolleyes.gif
CrazyMilanFan
seems liek it will be 4-3-1-2 w

----------------dida---------------------
janku-----kaladze---bonera-----antonini

--------ambro----seedorf---------flamini----

------------------kaka---------------

-------------pato-------borrilleo------
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.