Full Version: Antonini
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2
m1ke
All Luca Antonini talk in here

Zed.D
AN EMOTIONAL RETURN

7/20/2008 12:14:00 AM

"It was great to go out the back-door and come back in through the front door. It's a huge satisfaction for me to be at Milan." - THE DECLARATIONS OF ANTONINI –

(ON THE PHOTO: LUCA ANTONINI ON THE DAY OF THE REUNION AT MILANELLO)

MILANELLO - Here are the declarations made today to 'Milan Channel' by Luca Antonini before the afternoon training session at the Milanello sporting center:

Luca, what effect did it have to return to Milanello?
"It was great to go out the back-door and come back in through the front door. A huge satisfaction for me. Also coming back on the day of the reunion with such a huge fan reception is always a big emotion. It's normal for a team like Milan to have so many fans coming, but the arrival of a player of Ronaldinho's calibre, which always has a huge media impact, there were even more fans. A player like Dinho helps you to give something more when you go on the pitch with him, you want to do almost as well as him and to compensate for your lesser technique by running and doing something more to improve yourself."

What are the objectives for the new season?
"To show that I'm worthy of being in a prestigious club like Milan. Then I want to continue working and improving like I did at Empoli. Here you can only learn from great champions, from the coach. I only have to be calm because sooner or later I will be given a chance and I will have to take it in the best way.
The experience at Empoli improved me a lot on the human level. Also from the tactical point of view, in these seven years away from Milan, I have had many coaches who have taught me a lot."

Do you think Milan will be able to bridge the gap from Inter next season?
"I think that the 20 points which were there at the end of last season won't be there this year. Inter have brought a player of great quality like Mancini, but Milan have bought Ronaldinho and we want revenge. I think we will play for the Scudetto along with Inter, Roma and Juventus."

acmilan.com
Zed.D
A player like Dinho helps you to give something more when you go on the pitch with him, you want to do almost as well as him and to compensate for your lesser technique by running and doing something more to improve yourself."

I just liked the boy because of what he said here!

Let's hope he turns out to be one of the revelations of the upcoming season.
Mp_snake007
Ditto
Tennie
(It's not quite the 4th here just yet but it is in Milan).

balloons.gif balloons.gif balloons.gif HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Luca Antonini!

Things people may not know about Luca (info taken from interviews by Antonini and his wife on Tuttomercatoweb)

* His wife's name is Benedetta and the couple have a little girl named Sofia Vittoria
* Luca is said (by his wife) to be a doting father and little Sofia is a daddy's girl
* The family have a labrador named Golia
* Luca apparently likes to cook and his favourite dish is pasta al pomodoro
* He's got a psycho metabolism and can eat whatever he wants without gaining weight
* He likes to web surf in his free time
* Before he was brought back to Milan, he stated that if Milan called him, he'd walk all the way there, that it would be an honor to wear the jersey after coming through the youth ranks and that he's always been a big fan of the club
acid911
Happy birthday, Antonini! cool.gif Enjoy your day!
Zed.D
Happy birthday Luca
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 4 2008, 07:13 AM) *
(It's not quite the 4th here just yet but it is in Milan).

balloons.gif balloons.gif balloons.gif HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Luca Antonini!

Things people may not know about Luca (info taken from interviews by Antonini and his wife on Tuttomercatoweb)

* His wife's name is Benedetta and the couple have a little girl named Sofia Vittoria
* Luca is said (by his wife) to be a doting father and little Sofia is a daddy's girl
* The family have a labrador named Golia
* Luca apparently likes to cook and his favourite dish is pasta al pomodoro
* He's got a psycho metabolism and can eat whatever he wants without gaining weight
* He likes to web surf in his free time
* Before he was brought back to Milan, he stated that if Milan called him, he'd walk all the way there, that it would be an honor to wear the jersey after coming through the youth ranks and that he's always been a big fan of the club

From personal experience, it is such a cool thing to have. biggrin.gif

A labrador...hahaha...explains why he doesn't gain weight. biggrin.gif
vahid
happy birthday Luca
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 4 2008, 06:45 AM) *
A labrador...hahaha...explains why he doesn't gain weight. biggrin.gif

Mine ate like 14 eggs the other day, not sure he got to them, but the boxes were all over the floor when we got back.. along with the eggs which he'd puked up. Silly animal. rolleyes.gif
Tennie
Quote from an interview Antonini gave to Sportitalia:
"Il Milan per me è un grande sogno: da piccolo andavo anche allo Stadio, sono sempre stato un tifoso rossonero e per me è un grande orgoglio essere arrivato qui"

[Milan for me is a great dream: I came to the stadium as a child and have always been a fan and for me it's a great honor to have arrived here.]

Nice words from Luca. smile.gif Antonini has done very well indeed so far this year. I've been impressed with his performances!

TriniKing_CE
I agree he has done really well thus far this season for us. I am pleased and impressed.
Its good to see he has such a strong liking for the club as well, lets hope he improves even further in the future and stays for many years to come.
TriniKing_CE
Antonini Living The Dream In Milan
Milan defender Luca Antonini has expressed his devotion for the Milanese club, and for the opportunity to play alongside a great such as Ronaldinho.

Following brief spells at Empoli and Sampdoria, and loan spells all over the country of Italy, Luca Antonini is finally back in Milan, and playing some commendable football this season.

He is extremely grateful for the opportunity to play with the Rossoneri, as he makes clear by saying that, “AC Milan is a dream for me, and as a child I went to the stadium as a fan, and always dreamt of playing here one day.”

He has undoubtedly been one of the surprises of the new season, and in a recent interview with SportItalia, he assured the Milan fans that, “I will do all I can to ensure that this be the only season without the Champions League. We are very sorry for this, but we are trying our best to prevent this from happening again.”

Many believe that Antonini could earn a call up to the national team in the near future, and in response to this, the defender made his intentions clear by stating that, “it’s a great dream of mine, one in which I hope will happen soon.”

Antonini had some final comments for the clubs’ recent signing Ronaldinho from Barcelona: “He is a great player, but also a nice guy and a humble man. We are very close friends, and he is my Brazilian ‘brother’ at the club. Most of my team mates even call me ‘Antoninho’.

Living the Dream - GOAL.COM
Rivaldo
National Team? Hmmmm...I don't think so, but we have in Adzurra Grosso and Dossena at left side. They don't ideal now for me.

Forza Luca!
A.X
Happy Birthday LUCA !!!! cool.gif
Tennie
Fishdoll balloons.gif balloons.gif balloons.gif HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Luca. 96.gif
Zed.D
Happy birthday Luca!
ganney
this dude oughta step up, i'd thought he was pretty decent last year, he's been a no-show this season
Tennie
Antonini is a bit of a mystery to Fishdoll this year. The last thing really heard from him is his not getting a raise. He's hardly been called up and hasn't played at all in the league, at least to Fishdoll's memory. Seems that the coach doesn't rate him or maybe something else is going on. Last season he was always one of those guys with serious fighting spirit.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 3 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Antonini is a bit of a mystery to Fishdoll this year. The last thing really heard from him is his not getting a raise. He's hardly been called up and hasn't played at all in the league, at least to Fishdoll's memory. Seems that the coach doesn't rate him or maybe something else is going on. Last season he was always one of those guys with serious fighting spirit.

I don't really rate him that highly he's good back up and he'll have a good game now and then but he's not that good. But taking into concideration that Janku is the other option at LB it can't hurt to give him a shot.

Although I want this constant squad rotation to stop, the players will never settle at this rate. Give Abate the RB position and move Zambro over to the left and let them settle before switching everything up by the next game.

Same goes for the midfield, who aside from Pirlo is a rivolving door atm, same goes for the strikers, let Hunter and Pato settle, we all know that Pippo can come in at any point in a match and if its his day he'll change it around.
ganney
i'm just rather dissapointed, he did quite well in the few games i saw him play last seaon, in one of those games the commentator when on&on bout how good he was playing saying 'he's been well tutored at the maldini school of defence' i actually believed all i was seeing& hearing would materialise into a first team spot. i remember fester also saying he is being re-called to replace janku for good. now he just sits&pisses away.
he seemed sooo less than average in our pre-season games he played
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (ganney @ Oct 3 2009, 05:56 PM) *
i'm just rather dissapointed, he did quite well in the few games i saw him play last seaon, in one of those games the commentator when on&on bout how good he was playing saying 'he's been well tutored at the maldini school of defence' i actually believed all i was seeing& hearing would materialise into a first team spot. i remember fester also saying he is being re-called to replace janku for good. now he just sits&pisses away.
he seemed sooo less than average in our pre-season games he played

Last year, i agree that he was Very impressive, but this prea-season he look clinically stupid...
august_milan
can someone please tell me why this kid isnt gettin a chance to play? every single defender we have has had a chance to play even with there poor showings except antonini! oddo, zambo, janko, kaladze, even FAVALLI AND OOCH!!!! wow thats embarassing.
dst
He's bad.
il_diavolo_mtl
Haha 100% agree with Dst, people seem to think Luca Antonini's a good, promising, young, talent. I can only agree to him being named Luca Antonini tongue.gif
MizNelson
Antonini is hanging around because he's an obligatory Italian presence on the roster. Nothing more.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Oct 4 2009, 07:35 PM) *
Antonini is hanging around because he's an obligatory Italian presence on the roster. Nothing more.

oooo someone is super smart wink.gif
whoarethepatriots
Antonini had a superb game today, lets hope he keeps it up. I am always happy seeing former Primavera play well
Fishdoll
(from acmilan.com)

A.C. MILAN COMUNICATO UFFICIALE
11/02/2010
L'A.C. Milan comunica che i calciatori Ignazio Abate e Luca Antonini hanno prolungato i rispettivi contratti con la Società fino al 30 Giugno 2014.

Contract renewed through 2014.
dst
He's played much better than I thought he could. I believe it's deserved.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 11 2010, 05:36 PM) *

Exactly what dst said. ^
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 11 2010, 10:06 AM) *

+1
Fishdoll
Bad news. Mediaset's reporting that he'll be out at least a month with (I think it translates as) a muscle tear.
Darunia
sad.gif

Need Zambro on the left to deal with Valencia/Nani. His injury + schole's fortunate goal cost us the game
Zed.D
What a shame. he was doing really well last night. hope to have Zambro back asap.
Fishdoll
(from acmilan.com. their translation)

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LUCA ANTONINI FAMILY!
3/22/2010
MILAN - The second daughter of Luca and Benedetta, Viola Maria Antonini, was born. Sofia's little sister weighed 2.98kgs. Best wishes to our champion and the mum of Viola Maria, Mrs. Benedetta.

babysmiley1f.gif babysmiley1f.gif babysmiley1f.gif Congratulations!
Zed.D
2nd daughter? I didn't even know he had one. way to go, Luca happy.gif
kurtsimonw
For some reason I still think of him as a young player. While is still young as a person, in footballing terms he should be peaking.
Habitant
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 22 2010, 05:32 PM) *
2nd daughter? I didn't even know he had one. way to go, Luca happy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmWAxtze-ZQ
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 22 2010, 02:40 PM) *
For some reason I still think of him as a young player. While is still young as a person, in footballing terms he should be peaking.

As do I.
Jack Sparrow
The fact that he has no left foot is a bit worrying, but he's certainly got a lot of heart...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 22 2010, 12:40 PM) *

He's one of the players who is probably a late bloomer. He might be 24/25 in football terms.
il_diavolo_mtl
i think if luca keeps playing at this level zambro will have to look for a nw team, antonini has been soo influencial in games where we donèt expect him too.
Dracoris
Personally, I really like him. He's not the best but he's been solid in a position we were struggling with for a while. I'd like to see if he has reached his full potential yet or not.
Suhail 3
Antonini is one man who we should just keep at lb since its clear we aint gonna rebuild much or at all in the summer our focus should be right back

was nice to see anto surging through lazio unlucky not to score made me smile in an other wise bs game
Jack Sparrow
He better work on his crossing though. His runs are amazing. Top class. His covering is average...and his crosses are substandard. Right footed bloke playing on the left...
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 30 2010, 07:04 AM) *
Right footed bloke playing on the left...

Yup... only God is good enough to do that at a world class level for 25 years! cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
God was two-footed. Shame on you for thinking he's less than perfect. You ought to be ex-communicated.
kurtsimonw
Playing on the 'wrong side' is no excuse really. I cnsider myself very right footed yet have pretty much always played on the left. Sure, I try to do as much as I can with my right foot but can still pass/cross with my left and I'm miles away from ever being close to professional, so for somebody who plays for one of the Worlds biggest clubs to not be able to put competent crosses in with his 'wrong' foot is a bit sad.
Suhail 3
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 30 2010, 10:34 AM) *
Playing on the 'wrong side' is no excuse really. I cnsider myself very right footed yet have pretty much always played on the left. Sure, I try to do as much as I can with my right foot but can still pass/cross with my left and I'm miles away from ever being close to professional, so for somebody who plays for one of the Worlds biggest clubs to not be able to put competent crosses in with his 'wrong' foot is a bit sad.

its wierd but i agree i mean i like right footed left backs for e.g when santon played against united at lb he was awesome and also the likes of phillip lahm at LB now an then

doesnt really matter what foot you are as long you get the job done

messi = RW - i know antonini is no messi LOL but there are many examples of right footers on the left an vice versa

FORZA ANTONINI
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.