Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antonini
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2
Jack Sparrow
Well if you're playing on the wrong side of your foot, either you're a dribbler who cuts onto your strong foot..or you can cross with your weaker foot.

Antonini doesn't do either that well.

I'm not saying he should be sold, just that there are facets he needs to work on really hard, coz I don't want us to spend money on a new LB, when we can improve the one we've got.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 30 2010, 12:07 PM) *
God was two-footed. Shame on you for thinking he's less than perfect. You ought to be ex-communicated.

He was right footed. He worked on his left foot to turn into a LB. Of course he is perfect, he would not be able to do that if he was not.

QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Mar 30 2010, 01:20 PM) *
its wierd but i agree i mean i like right footed left backs for e.g when santon played against united at lb he was awesome and also the likes of phillip lahm at LB now an then

doesnt really matter what foot you are as long you get the job done

messi = RW - i know antonini is no messi LOL but there are many examples of right footers on the left an vice versa

FORZA ANTONINI

And again... Paolo Maldini. Well actually I did not say His name before, I just said God. biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Well yeah..obviously. Few people are 'born' two-footed. But he was good with both..and Luca should be working harder is my point.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 30 2010, 02:05 PM) *
Well yeah..obviously. Few people are 'born' two-footed. But he was good with both..and Luca should be working harder is my point.

You be talkin' **** you landlubber!
Jack Sparrow
I be talkin` serious sh!t though matey!
dst
biggrin.gif
Fishdoll
The intensity and heart Antonini plays with has totally won this fish over. Even though he ended up out of position a couple of times on Saturday, I've got to give him a major fins up. He's done really well this year and I, er, might even have given a little fishy cheer when he was first one sprinting out of the tunnel for warmups.
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ May 3 2010, 09:27 PM) *
The intensity and heart Antonini plays with has totally won this fish over. Even though he ended up out of position a couple of times on Saturday, I've got to give him a major fins up. He's done really well this year and I, er, might even have given a little fishy cheer when he was first one sprinting out of the tunnel for warmups.

Agreed. I think we'll see even more improvement from him next season, he's obviously a late bloomer and just the ammount of effort he puts into each game is awesome. Not to mention the chemistry he and Dinho have...
Zed.D
I've always said that I expect a better player as AC Milan's LB, but I have to agree that he's a very hard working player who truly gives his all to the team. he is, as I like to put it this way, one hell of a 2nd choice LB to have. the kind of player who's young and decent, and actually adds depth to the team.

I want a(n even) better LB at Milan though. Kolarov would be cool.
X-Offender
Actually, people keep saying "the young Milan fullbacks" (referring to Abate and Antonini), but no-one seems to realize that Antonini will be 28 this summer. biggrin.gif

That said, he IS our best fullback at the moment. If we sign Aogo, they should make Luca play on the right-side. He is right-footed after all.
Dracoris
Antonini is a 1st teamer for me. We need to bring in a RB to compliment him.
kurtsimonw
Unless we get a full back of the highest calibre in, then I think we should just rotate what we have and play in the in form players. All of them on their day are capable of putting in good performances.

I'm a big fan of Antonini personally, so I hope he still plays quite a few games next season regardless of who we sign.
X-Offender
I believe we're getting at least a full-back this summer, probably Aogo. In that case, we should alter Zambrotta and Abate on right and Aogo and Antonini on the left.
Dracoris
Antonini can play right or left, so regardless of who we sign, I don't see why he shouldn't start every game. I prefer him on the left though b/c of his Chemistry with Dinho.
Fishdoll

96.gif
Dracoris
THE MAN. I wish I could've seen his goal live today. I cheered while watching the youtube videos even though I already knew he scored
Fishdoll
So, who all is in on the Antonini Fanboy club?
X-Offender
Me!!!
il_diavolo_mtl
definately me smile.gif
Dracoris
Oh me. I'm a click away from buying the guy's jersey. As soon as I get a summer job, its mine. I really think with a few signings that help us do well in the CL, Antonini could become internationally recognized.
Bluesummers
me, i think he's really underrated. He's a pretty solid fullback.
Jack Sparrow
I wish he had a left foot and could mark better.
ganney

awesome player, its ironic i fancy he more cos he's attack minded rather than his defensive work, needs to work on his clearances, i've seen him severally clear the ball only for it to land at an opponents feet at the half way line
d'Arc.LP
Happy Birthday to Luca.

He is 28 now ...
X-Offender
Can we stop calling him a youngster, now? biggrin.gif

Happy b-day!
Tennie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Luca!
Dracoris
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=33832

This guy just oozes class. I might be getting a 77 jersey this year, I just can't help but to love this guy. If all players had his attitude, Football in general would be way better off.
X-Offender
I really like him as well. He might not be the best fullback in the world, but his desire and attitude really deserve applause.
Jack Bauer
He should be in the Italian NT.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 7 2010, 10:54 PM) *
He should be in the Italian NT.

Absolutely. Antonelli and Molinaro are puke.gif compared to him.
Fishdoll
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif -1000 cookies to Bojinov. He broke Luca's nose!
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Oct 3 2010, 11:24 AM) *
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif -1000 cookies to Bojinov. He broke Luca's nose!

ohmy.gif It didn't look that bad from the replays, it looked more like a slap and he caught him in the eyes...
Jack Bauer
Luckily, he has enough time to rest with the international break.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 28 2011, 10:38 PM) *

Awesome!!! laugh.gif
William405
Haha,sooo funny. +100000
ForzaMaldini
Hahahahahaha biggrin.gif Gotta love it
X-Offender
I love it how Ibra completely ignores him. biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
And then Luca has to go over..and say, "Dude! I just kicked you!"....
Jack Bauer
Will be out for about 3 weeks.
kurtsimonw
Why can't you play like this every game?
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 15 2012, 05:59 PM) *
Why can't you play like this every game?

Well to be fair to him he did play okay, but he was still far from spectacular.

Hopefully he can build on a few consecutively good displays, then he can generate some confidence. It will do him well.

It must still be said, that despite his above usual disappointing performance, tonight he was still one who worried me most as a liability at times.

He is just so damn clumsy & awkward...
William405
He was good,this will create a healthy competition,always good,but Mesbah should always be a starter imo.
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/_AV_pCxynKg wacko.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 16 2012, 09:28 AM) *
He was good,this will create a healthy competition,always good,but Mesbah should always be a starter imo.

QFT wink.gif
William405
OMG hahaha.

yeah saw that harlem shake vid..kinda sucks biggrin.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Apr 1 2013, 06:24 PM) *
QFT wink.gif

We all thought at some point that Mesbah was gonna turn out good for us. Oh how wrong we were. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.