Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Borriello
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Ry4n
We need you now !!! come back to us !!! ill pay for your flight tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^

ohmy.gif I'll sell my kidney. Pay for the return trip. Goddamn junkie!!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 27 2008, 06:14 PM)
^^^

laugh.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 27 2008, 02:44 PM)
^^^

LOL laugh.gif
Ry4n
Borriello's Genoa commitment Wednesday 27 February, 2008

Genoa’s striking revelation Marco Borriello admits he is flattered by praise from Carlo Ancelotti, but remains focused on the Rossoblu cause.

After a torrid time at Milan, Borriello was loaned to Genoa last summer and has finally demonstrated his devastating potential.

Last weekend’s hat-trick moved Borriello top of the Capocannoniere chart and reasserted his claim for a trip to Euro 2008 as well as winning plaudits from Ancelotti.

“I have found a squad that shows trust in me and I can play regularly,” the Neapolitan marksman explained. “I think that is crucial for a player.

“Other sides where I have played knew that I had talent but it was impossible to show it without that trust. Now I have found the ideal environment.”

There have been suggestions that Borriello will be brought back to base this summer and they have intensified with Palermo’s reluctance to sell Amauri to the Rossoneri.

“There is so much competition in attack at Milan. There are famous players with big names and when you are young and you aren’t known it is very difficult to find space.

“Therefore it was really nice to hear Ancelotti’s words when he said that I was undervalued. It’s a small grievance that I can lay to rest, but I’m not here to stir controversy, as that wouldn’t help anyone.

“I want to stay here and keep doing as well as I have been, but we know that my situation is a bit complicated.

“I am co-owned and if Genoa and Milan can’t agree then it will be decided with offers in sealed envelopes.

“However, I repeat that there is along time before decisions have to be made and I am just focused on scoring for Genoa and securing a place in Europe.

“I don’t want to dwell on my past at Milan. I want to look forward and towards my new dream of the Azzurri shirt.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb27h.html
dst
You can stay with them Borriello, fine by me! smile.gif
Bluesummers
no thanks.
Ry4n
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 27 2008, 04:05 PM)
You can stay with them Borriello, fine by me! smile.gif

would you still be saying this if he didnt get banned and knocked in 15 to 20 goals for us
Ry4n
If he does come back it will probably rule us out on buying another striker sad.gif
dst
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Feb 27 2008, 07:49 PM)
would you still be saying this if he didnt get banned and knocked in 15 to 20 goals for us

Obviously no... the thing is, I don't believe he can do at Milan what he does at Genoa.
Ry4n
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 27 2008, 05:57 PM)
Obviously no... the thing is, I don't believe he can do at Milan what he does at Genoa.

you meen only scoring for small teams and the pressure of European football and delivering the important goals
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Feb 27 2008, 06:19 PM)
you meen only scoring for small teams and the pressure of European football and delivering the important goals

I'm pretty sure that's what he means. Julio Cruz, in my opinion, is a great example of somebody who went from a small club to a big one, and delivered big time.
omahawi
Overated. He has a good thing going on at Geona and should stay there. His style I don't think will fit well with the type of striker the christmas tree formation needs.

We either need a pacy striker that can run onto the killer through ball or we need a target man from the crosses from the full backs.

David Suazo or Luca Toni

The other thing to keep in mind is strikers in Serie A need to prove themselves for more then 1 season. Even then we have the likes of Gila. We go crazy and spend mad cash on him and he turns out to be an expensive inconsistant striker. There are better options out there. Lets go get them instead.
Jack Sparrow
^^

Actually...I think that's one huge problem we're having in Serie A...the opponents do crowd our center mids out...but I don't think our fullbacks are doing that great a job.

Janku and Oddo are seriously fatigued (and hence injuries are easier to pick)...and it's I think an offshoot of 2 hard seasons. We DESPERATELY need cover.
aLbErTo
true...and we have them loaned out, not that they are a cover for big-clashes but i think marzoratti & grimi could be used against smaller clubs...
maldini03
Maybe if we loan out Gilardino to Genoa then he will get good. tongue.gif tongue.gif wink.gif cool.gif
nuh
looool
Cornuto
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Mar 1 2008, 12:54 PM)
Maybe if we loan out Gilardino to Genoa then he will get good.  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  wink.gif  cool.gif

Gilardino wasn't bad.. He was a good asset for Parma, but the style of play is different for Milan, and the same applies for Genoa and Borriello. What we need is two new natural wingers. Oddo is a complete failure, and Serginho, Jankulovski, and Maldini aren't exactly exceptional left backs. People say we should have never given Borriello away, but he obviously wasn't progressing with Milan, or else he'd replace the likes of Gilardino. The problem we have now is our wide play, an aging defense, and an offense of "go for glory" players. Pato lacks experience, Kaka is in an awkward stage of his career, and Inzaghi is just old. He's phenomenal with connecting with Pirlo, but those long balls don't come often, and some of them are well offside. Next year there has to be a complete reformation, or else we'll be saying hello to Messina and Albinoleffe.
redbabies
I dont even think he'll make it to Euro's.
Bluesummers
Preziosi Determined To Hang On To Borriello
Genoa supremo Enrico Preziosi was ecstatic with Marco Boriello following the dramatic 1-1 draw with Inter on Wednesday, and trumpeted that they would be looking to commit the on-loan striker to a permanent deal.

The Serie A scoring leader came off the bench to produce a stunning scissor kick equalizer against the Italian champions and thus further cement himself into the hearts of the Grifone faithful

"It was an absolute jewel of a goal," boomed Preziosi.

"What magic! After Easter we are going to start negotiations. We want to make him a Genoa player."

Borriello, who has always maintained that he would like to continue his career at Genoa, admitted to being a little upset by being rested for the first-half against Inte, but to his credit did not make a fuss about it.

"I am sure the decision (not to play me) was taken in the best interests, but I was disappointed a bit," he said.

"I accepted the decision and then I came on and scored. Hopefully it won't happen again, though."

goal.com
acid911
My, my how little time our better-than-Huntelaar-singing gets! rolleyes.gif No news, views, previews, or reviews, guys?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 12 2008, 12:46 AM)
My, my how little time our better-than-Huntelaar-singing gets! rolleyes.gif No news, views, previews, or reviews, guys?

Well, he is the 3rd top scorer in Serie A .. He was 2 goals away from the top. And in a team like Genoa. I know Gilardino could be drawn as a comparison, but to his defense he was always a Milan player.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 12 2008, 03:39 AM)
Well, he is the 3rd top scorer in Serie A .. He was 2 goals away from the top. And in a team like Genoa. I know Gilardino could be drawn as a comparison, but to his defense he was always a Milan player.

Wasn't he joint-second with that (Trez gay) dude at 19 goals this season? unsure.gif I was a bit surprised at the lack of activity on Borriello threads - there aren't many threads and topics about him here at Milanfan, to be honest. Mediocre or bad, he's after all a Milan player. Anyway, if he plays for us, I will be following his progress and game.

Time to see if he lives up to his hype, this guy.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 11 2008, 07:25 PM)
Wasn't he joint-second with that (Trez gay) dude at 19 goals this season? unsure.gif I was a bit surprised at the lack of activity on Borriello threads - there aren't many threads and topics about him here at Milanfan, to be honest. Mediocre or bad, he's after all a Milan player. Anyway, if he plays for us, I will be following his progress and game.

Time to see if he lives up to his hype, this guy.

He was tied with Trez until the last match day in which Del Piero opted to give him a penalty to up his tally. (and hence finishing on 20)
As for what I think we can expect of him, I am keeping an open mind and hoping for the best, I will save my judgement for after.
But I will most definitely be wishing him well! wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 12 2008, 05:38 AM)
He was tied with Trez until the last match day in which Del Piero opted to give him a penalty to up his tally. (and hence finishing on 20)
As for what I think we can expect of him, I am keeping an open mind and hoping for the best, I will save my judgement for after.
But I will most definitely be wishing him well!

Ah, get it. smile.gif Thanks for the clarification. I didn't watch that match, and only thought that Piero got the hatrick to move his tally to 22. Either way, third is a pretty good standing, to be honest. Now, only if he can repeat his success here. And consistently.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 12 2008, 03:38 AM)
But I will most definitely be wishing him well! wink.gif

What serves him the best, is that he is coming to Milan with not too much pressure. It's not like Gilardino, when he was considered the transfer of the season.

BUT, it will be a plus for Milan if Borriello leaves his mark this season. Since, under the new UEFA regulations, Milan need to have players from the youth team promoted. If he does succeed, it would mean Maldini can leave his position next season with someone to compensate for the UEFA regulation.

He will get his chance to play .. And I am crossing my fingers and wish him the best!

Forza Marco ! devil.gif devil.gif

p.s. that name gives me shivers
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 12 2008, 06:04 AM)

Which name? unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 12 2008, 04:12 AM)
Which name? unsure.gif

Marco
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 12 2008, 06:13 AM)
Marco

Can't blame you. tongue.gif There is only one.
milanista1899

He did go quite a while without scoring at the end, after not being able to stop he hit a dry spell. Not sure that's such a good defense after our last season tongue.gif
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 12 2008, 02:04 AM)
What serves him the best, is that he is coming to Milan with not too much pressure. It's not like Gilardino, when he was considered the transfer of the season.

BUT, it will be a plus for Milan if Borriello leaves his mark this season. Since, under the new UEFA regulations, Milan need to have players from the youth team promoted. If he does succeed, it would mean Maldini can leave his position next season with someone to compensate for the UEFA regulation.
He will get his chance to play .. And I am crossing my fingers and wish him the best!
Forza Marco ! devil.gif  devil.gif

The pressure won't come from him being a new signing but he knows he has to repeat his scoring form of last season and that everyone will be counting on him, especially if we don't sign anyone else.

With regard to the UEFA ruling, I hope to see other players like Antonini, Darmian etc. having a good season and subsequently being a part of the team the following year.

Because of Van Basten? unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
As it seems, Borriello could leave Milan if Adebayor arrives.

His agent talked to 'Azzurro Italia' .. Stating that Borriello doesn't want to be the third or fourth choice. If that was the case, he would opt to move to another club in Italy, with Roma being a likely destination.

Sigh dry.gif
acid911
I'm numb. Honestly. sad.gif I'd take Borriello any day over Adebayor.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 11 2008, 10:12 PM)
I'm numb. Honestly. sad.gif I'd take Borriello any day over Adebayor.

I second That! +1
Zed.D
OK, just for the record, here's my prediction: he won't score more than 10 goals in Serie A in 2008-09. wink.gif

Now prove me wrong, sexy boy.
milanista1899
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 12 2008, 04:48 PM)
OK, just for the record, here's my prediction: he won't score more than 10 goals in Serie A in 2008-09. wink.gif

Borriello or Adebayor?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 12 2008, 04:27 PM)
Borriello or Adebayor?

He's talking about Boriello.
TriniKing_CE
I believe she was reffering to Borriello! huh.gif blink.gif unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 12 2008, 05:23 PM)
I believe she was reffering to Borriello!  huh.gif  blink.gif  unsure.gif

She? biggrin.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 12 2008, 04:48 PM)

I have a strong bad feeling you're right, if he stays which I hope he doesn't. If we get another striker who ever it may be, I think he should go and Paloschi should stay, I'm sure he'd do better than Borriello.
Zed.D
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 12 2008, 07:57 PM)
Borriello or Adebayor?

Borriello. Adebayor doesn't quite look like a sexy boy, does he? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 12 2008, 08:53 PM)
I believe she was reffering to Borriello!  huh.gif  blink.gif  unsure.gif

I'm a he
vahid
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 12 2008, 08:40 PM)
Borriello. Adebayor doesn't quite look like a sexy boy, does he?  biggrin.gif
I'm a he

So Borriello is sexy
Il Capitano
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 12 2008, 01:59 AM)
As it seems, Borriello could leave Milan if Adebayor arrives.
His agent talked to 'Azzurro Italia' .. Stating that Borriello doesn't want to be the third or fourth choice. If that was the case, he would opt to move to another club in Italy, with Roma being a likely destination.
Sigh  dry.gif

If he's afraid of a little competition he should have stayed at Genoa. He should throw away this loser mentality and fight for his place like the other strikers.

This is why Borriello will never succeed at Milan.

Pippo & Pato have enough confidence in their ability that they don't care who arrives. This is the difference between losers and winners.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (vahid @ Jul 12 2008, 09:48 PM)
So Borriello is sexy

Buffon's wife said Borriello and Cannavaro were the sexiest players in the Italian NT...and if SHE say's he is, then I guess he is...
kurtsimonw
What a low blow for Buffon.. she shouldn't say things like that really, that's mean!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 13 2008, 01:11 AM)
What a low blow for Buffon.. she shouldn't say things like that really, that's mean!

I don't think he's too bothered.
When you are married to someone like here I don't think you mind too much about what comes out of her mouth.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 13 2008, 05:11 AM)

Well, you know the deal with these exotic women! Gotta live with it. tongue.gif Plus, I don't think it's that big an issue; no harm in saying you think someone else is more handsome or beautiful. Now, if she said Cannavaro and Borriello were more loving and caring than Buffon, then that's a bit of an issue, right there and then.

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jul 13 2008, 05:28 AM)
I don't think he's too bothered.
When you are married to someone like here I don't think you mind too much about what comes out of her mouth.

biggrin.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 13 2008, 01:17 AM)
Well, you know the deal with these exotic women! Gotta live with it. tongue.gif Plus, I don't think it's that big an issue

Speak for yourself! If my girlfriend said she found my friends more attractive than me, fine, but saying it out in the open? I'd show her the bloody door!
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 13 2008, 06:59 AM)
Speak for yourself! If my girlfriend said she found my friends more attractive than me, fine, but saying it out in the open? I'd show her the bloody door!

That's exactly the difference between you/me and someone as famous as Buffon. rolleyes.gif The more famous one gets, the more compromises one has to make, as he's in the public eye. That's one reason why some actors/celebrities do as much as they can to stay low and out of the public. Edward Norton comes to mind, and so does many more famous people.

Admittedly, it's not a good thing to say, but I won't show my girl the door. When you love someone, gotta take in their good with the bad.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 13 2008, 02:42 AM)
That's exactly the difference between you/me and someone as famous as Buffon. rolleyes.gif The more famous one gets, the more compromises one has to make, as he's in the public eye. That's one reason why some actors/celebrities do as much as they can to stay low and out of the public. Edward Norton comes to mind, and so does many more famous people.

Admittedly, it's not a good thing to say, but I won't show my girl the door. When you love someone, gotta take in their good with the bad.

Yeah, that's true.

It's a humiliating thing to say! And I wouldn't split up with somebody I loved over that, no. But I'm 20, what the hell is love? tongue.gif

How wonderful, the most posts Boriello has had in his thread for a while, and its barely to do with him at all. laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 13 2008, 07:48 AM)
Yeah, that's true.

Like they say, being famous has a price. wink.gif

It's a humiliating thing to say! And I wouldn't split up with somebody I loved over that, no. But I'm 20, what the hell is love?

You'll get to know it. smile.gif Soon.

How wonderful, the most posts Boriello has had in his thread for a while, and its barely to do with him at all.

biggrin.gif That's what you get for being sexy, I guess. Can't wait to see him play with the rest of our team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.