AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Fillipo Simone
Serie A 2007/08 - Week 18

Milan vs. Napoli

Sunday, January 13, 2008

14:00 (UK); 15:00 (IT)

Zed.D
PATO'S DEBUT!! that's what makes this match special for me! fly Ducky, fly!
Jack Sparrow
Do whatever ducky...just don't sink!! tongue.gif

We'll win this one...we're gonna go on that familiar streak again...till we meet one of the top 4. biggrin.gif

Of course if we don't buy a fullback, we're screwed. Oddo and Janku are gonna be in Intensive Care by the end of this season.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 26 2007, 01:13 PM)
Of course if we don't buy a fullback, we're screwed. Oddo and Janku are gonna be in Intensive Care by the end of this season.

biggrin.gif
Zambrotta can solve all of our problems in RB and LB... we MUST sign him in January!
jefri91
9-0 Pato, Kaka, Ronaldo hat tricks biggrin.gif
misha
Is this gonna be our first win at San Siro? (can't believe I'm saying this and we are almost in january already). We must create a winning streak in the league towards the CL games.
Zed.D
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Dec 27 2007, 03:10 AM)
9-0 Pato, Kaka, Ronaldo hat tricks biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
There are 25 matches remaining in Serie A. if Pato is to score 30 goals (!), then he'll have to score 1.2 goals per match; I know it's never gonna happen, but it's not that unrealistic either! tongue.gif

I think he can score +10 goals in all competitions this season [if we remain in Coppa that is].
amancik
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 27 2007, 12:47 AM)
Is this gonna be our first win at San Siro? (can't believe I'm saying this and we are almost in january already). We must create a winning streak in the league towards the CL games.

I'm afraid it is, it's gonna the starting point where teams will fear Milan like they always did, and they gonna consider us one of the favourites to win the CL again devilsmiley.gif

but first, Dida needs to be replaced, if that is sorted out than we'll have a good chance
mishie
Pato!!!
he will give the team the lift it needs i predict 3-0 with Pato, Kaka (2)
hopefully with a couple of new signings as well even tho Galliani insists no moves in January (which is a smoke screen for sure),Zambrotta i'm sure will be here for that game biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
9-0?
3-0?

Guys,...mostly I'm the "optimistic bug" here around, but,...I really don't think Pato can make all this by himself. I mean, if he does make a stary debut it will be glorious, but the possibilities for this happening aren't that big.

I'd say 2-1 for us. Napoli is a very tuff team..
bigmacmtl
2-1 kaka, pato (kaka assist)
Ry4n
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 25 2007, 06:14 PM)
PATO'S DEBUT!! that's what makes this match special for me! fly Ducky, fly!

looooooool
han2503
Hopefully we'll revert back to our usual Serie A system, the one that actually works now that we have an actual supporting striker

I don't think that Pato is our answer he is too young and imo being put under waaay too much pressure, but I think that he will help us a out a lot in the attacking department.

We need someone that could give Gila or Pippo support up there, in the league they are constantly iscolated upfront with the xmas tree system.

And no more 2 defensive mids cr@p, play Seedorf next to Pirlo and Rino and have Kaka roaming in the hole between the 2 strikers, this is the only system that works in Serie A.
KillerMax
Will Pato play? Is there any news regarding his official debut?
Zed.D
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 1 2008, 09:20 PM)
Will Pato play? Is there any news regarding his official debut?

Sure as hell he will play!
Tennie
My understanding is that there's one remaining bit of paperwork to be done in Brazil (not sure what that is) in January. That said, I believe the paperwork will be done and Pato will be available to play against Napoli.
august_milan
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 26 2007, 02:43 AM)
Do whatever ducky...just don't sink!! tongue.gif

biggrin.gif ...hahah you took the words right outa my mouth. As optimistic as i want to be about Pato im more doubtfull than anything the closer it comes to his debut. The board and coaches are heeping soo much pressure on this kid, with all this weight on his shoulder i woulndt be suprised if he sank! not only is just 18 but hes never played in seria a before. he is playin in a totally diffrent leauge which he needs time to adapt. but i will not criticize or regret buyin him if he doesnt make the impact right away that everyone is expecting him too because i know once he does get used to italian football and matures a little bit he will start terrin up seria a.
armiss
Some people said that there is so much pressure on him and some said he will do so much , all of them are Predictions !!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
6 days to go !!!

we'll have all four strikers and I predict a convincing win. But what I'd like to see is a Pato goal.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 7 2008, 05:48 PM)
6 days to go !!!

we'll have all four strikers and I predict a convincing win. But what I'd like to see is a Pato goal.

Anything can happen in six days... including another Ronaldo injury...
Tennie
I'd be willing to bet that Pato may start this one even if that may not have been Carletto's original plan. With Pippo just getting out of hospital with kidney stones and Ronaldo in God knows what kind of shape, the attacking options may be quite limited.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 7 2008, 05:59 PM)
I'd be willing to bet that Pato may start this one even if that may not have been Carletto's original plan. With Pippo just getting out of hospital with kidney stones and Ronaldo in God knows what kind of shape, the attacking options may be quite limited.

ٌWhen did that happen?!! even if he recovers in six days, he should not be a starter since he hasn't scored in the league for months!

I think [I hope] we'll see the PaKaRon trident for this game.
Tennie
Pippo spent a couple of days in the American Hospital in Dubai. He was discharged yesterday and there shouldn't be any complications, according to acmilan.com.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 7 2008, 05:29 PM)

It is getting highly likely that Carlo will start with two upfront.

Plus, he said in his latest press conference today, that R9 will get some time in the game, so we'll be seeing him too at some point.
armiss
Ronaldo in Milan official line up in Dubai !
Zed.D
Since Pato and Gila have played together before, it's possible that they will form our attack against Naples, with Ronaldo starting from the bench...
Jack Sparrow
Pato-Gila...I might be speaking too soon...but my spidey senses are tingling about this one.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (armisse @ Jan 7 2008, 07:49 PM)
Ronaldo in Milan official line up in Dubai !

Official line-up:

Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Serginho; Brocchi, Pirlo, Gourcuff; Kakà; Ronaldo, Gilardino.
Jack Sparrow
^^^

It's the diamond!!!!! king.gif cry.gif

kurt...be careful what you wish for!! wink.gif

So this is goodbye for Dario then....sad.gif I always thought he had more brains than Kaladze. I wish he'd go to Aston Villa. kurt'd take good care of him.
Darunia
Do you guys know what time the game will start and if there will be any streams? (For the game vs UAB)
gal_kenny
can any please keep us updated wiv the friendly match of the Dubai club against AC Milan?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jan 8 2008, 07:46 PM)
can any please keep us updated wiv the friendly match of the Dubai club against AC Milan?

http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?s...85&#entry118885
Warchant
The Brazilian signed for the Rossoneri from Internacional in the summer, however he was ineligible to play until January because he was under-18 at the time of the transfer.

Having now had all his documents authorised by the relevant authorities, Pato is set to start in Sunday’s Serie clash with Napoli at San Siro.

“On Sunday I will play and I will score,” Pato told Milan Channel.

“I will score a goal…actually I will score two goals.”

The 18-year-old is regarded as one of the most explosive talents to come out of Brazil in the last generation, with some believing he could have the same impact that Ronaldo had when he arrived onto the European scene in the mid-1990s.

Milan will certainly be hoping this proves to be the case as they are currently languishing in 12th position in Serie A, a huge 25 points behind league-leading city-rivals Inter.

well...at least he has a positive outlook unsure.gif
dst
huh.gif
Zed.D
The Brazilian signed for the Rossoneri from Internacional in the summer, however he was ineligible to play until January because he was under-18 at the time of the transfer.

Having now had all his documents authorised by the relevant authorities, Pato is set to start in Sunday’s Serie clash with Napoli at San Siro.

“On Sunday I will play and I will score,” Pato told Milan Channel.

“I will score a goal…actually I will score two goals.”

The 18-year-old is regarded as one of the most explosive talents to come out of Brazil in the last generation, with some believing he could have the same impact that Ronaldo had when he arrived onto the European scene in the mid-1990s.

Milan will certainly be hoping this proves to be the case as they are currently languishing in 12th position in Serie A, a huge 25 points behind league-leading city-rivals Inter.

Source??!!
dst
Kaka in injury scare 
Tuesday 8 January, 2008

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti faces a nervous wait to see whether Kaka will be fit for Sunday’s game against Napoli.

The Ballon d’Or winner was injured after a collision with teammate Yoann Gourcuff in training yesterday.

The Selecao star reported a shoulder pain overnight and had to pull out of today’s friendly against the United Arab Emirates national side. huh.gif

Reports in La Gazzetta dello Sport had suggested that Ancelotti would hand newcomer Alexandre Pato his debut in a Brazilian trident with the newly fit Ronaldo and Kaka.

However, while the Diavolo medics await the results of scans taken this morning, Kaka is unlikely to start at San Siro.

Milan side to face United Arab Emirates: Dida; Oddo, Maldini, Kaladze, Serginho; Cafu, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff; Seedorf, Ronaldo

Kaka was replaced?? unsure.gif didn't catch that.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 8 2008, 09:18 PM)

Bull he played the whole half ... He's fine, he never really got into tough situations. PLUS, if he did, he got harder knocks in Europe and never complained smile.gif

He's fine
Rossoneri7
We Hope To Sign Messi Or Ronaldinho – Napoli

Napoli sporting director Pierpaolo Marino has revealed that the club hopes to sign either Lionel Messi or Ronaldinho in the future.

Messi & Ronaldinho

During the 1980s Napoli were the pride of the South. A country dominated by the powerful, industrial, and sometimes racist north, southern teams historically never stood a chance of competing with the likes of Juventus, Inter and Milan.

This changed with Napoli, as led by the legendary Diego Maradona, they roared to the Scudetto in 1987 and 1990.

Since the time of the little Argentine, the Partenopei have endured a fall from grace, yo-yoing between the top divisions, going bankrupt, and never looking like challenging for the top honours again.

However film-producer and new-president Aurelio De Laurentiis has recently re-founded the club and with the club in seventh position on their return to Serie A this season there are high hopes that the glory days of the 1980s may return.

“The club has a project,” Marino told Radio Marte.

“In the future, who knows, maybe one day the President will sign Messi or Ronaldinho.

“I am telling all Neapolitans – De Laurentiis sooner or later will realise your dreams.”

Milan

This Sunday the Azzurri travel to San Siro to face Milan, and Marino remembers the classic matches in the 80s between Maradona’s Napoli and the Milan of Van Basten, Rijkaard and Gullit.

“It will be a difficult and fascinating game, in which Pato, a player of whom great things have been said about, will make his debut,” Marino explained.
“I remember with pleasure the battles that Maradona had with them in the 80s for the title.”

Goal.com

I don't think he means it literally, 'Ronaldinho or Messi' ... But I sure would love to see Napoli back cry.gif ... Except it wont be the same Napoli sad.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 8 2008, 07:18 PM)

He's fine. He had a problem yesterday, thats why he didn't start. But he played in the 2nd half.
Zed.D
There'll be PaKaRo then devil.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 8 2008, 12:54 PM)
Source??!!

this is from goal.com, but apparently he said it in an interview on the milan channel.
Nova
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 8 2008, 11:44 PM)
this is from goal.com, but apparently he said it in an interview on the milan channel.

NO he didnt. I said something completely different. Wishing he would score.
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 8 2008, 10:15 PM)
There'll be PaKaRo then devil.gif

Don't say that it will jinx it, remember the whole KaRoLi sh!t galliani came up with after the Siena game last season? rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
Didn't dst say Pakaro means mofo or something like that in his language?? unsure.gif
han2503
Who is suspended for this one? Rino only or is there someone else?
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2008, 04:38 PM)
Don't say that it will jinx it, remember the whole KaRoLi sh!t galliani came up with after the Siena game last season?  rolleyes.gif

Yeah I remember that. sleep.gif it was stupidly optimistic!
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 9 2008, 03:18 PM)
Yeah I remember that. sleep.gif it was stupidly optimistic!

That's Galliani for you these days... rolleyes.gif
misha
Alexandre Pato prepares for his Serie A debut as Milan hope to begin 2008 on the right foot. If they don’t secure their first home win of the season, catching up to the top four will become a massive uphill struggle, but Napoli have every intention of causing another upset.

Pato signed his contract in the summer, but because he only turned 18 in September, was unable to deposit it and become eligible for official competition until the January transfer window. The Brazilian is ready at last to cause a sensation and the pressure on his shoulders is already immense, especially as his fellow forwards are struggling with injury.

Ronaldo has only played one game – at Cagliari – since July 31 due to recurring calf problems, while Pippo Inzaghi was briefly hospitalised this week for kidney stones. The training camp in Dubai has given Milan time to refresh their legs and prepare themselves for what is effectively a whole new season in which they must chase fourth spot in Serie A and face Arsenal in an anticipated Champions League showdown.

Carlo Ancelotti’s men ended 2007 with mixed emotions, as the celebrations for the Club World Cup and Kaka’s World Player of the Year triumph were tempered by a 2-1 derby defeat. Nelson Dida’s howlers in that game further dented his position between the posts and we could see Zeljko Kalac given the gloves sooner rather than later. Gennaro Gattuso is suspended in midfield, with Clarence Seedorf not 100 per cent fit, so we should see Cristian Brocchi step into the breach. The injury and tactical situation encourages Ancelotti to field Pato from the start alongside Alberto Gilardino with Kaka slotting into the hole.

Goals have been the main problem at the Stadio Meazza, as here the Rossoneri have scored just four times – including the derby – in a total eight games, never managing more than one per 90 minutes. The points tally is astonishing, with 13 of their 18 points earned on their travels. Even with three games in hand, this is not the record of a side aiming for the top four.

Napoli are the worst team for Milan to be facing right now, as they have a good record against the big clubs and have the confidence to cause an upset. They are damaged by bans to Manuele Blasi and hitman Marcelo Zalayeta, although they will appeal against the latter’s two-game suspension for persistent diving. Emanuele Calaiò is favourite to partner Ezequiel Lavezzi in his absence, although considering Milan’s trouble defending in the air, Roberto Sosa would be a good bet.

Edy Reja’s men need to work on their form outside the Stadio San Paolo, as their only win was at Udinese on September 2. There have been some excellent results in that time, specifically the 4-4 away to Roma and slender 2-1 loss to Inter in this very arena, but for the most part they do not seem like the same side. Hopefully history can boost the two teams, as in the late 1980s and early 1990s this was a decisive head-to-head Scudetto battle. Napoli’s last win here was 2-1 in 1986 sealed by Diego Armando Maradona. The Azzurri haven’t visited Milan in Serie A in over seven years.

Keep an eye on: Alexandre Pato (Milan) – The long-awaited debut of ‘The Duck’ opens 2008 for the San Siro crowd and whatever the result it will be a turning point in Milan’s campaign.

Last season: Not played.

Form guide: Milan (W D W D L) Napoli (W L W D D)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka; Pato, Gilardino

Napoli (probable): Iezzo; Cupi, Cannavaro, Domizzi; Garics, Gargano, Hamsik, Bogliacino, Savini; Lavezzi, Calaiò
Darunia
Oh how I've missed this formation.. it might take us awhile to adapt (and hopefully we don't concede some counterattacks by Napoli).
han2503
QUOTE (Darunia @ Jan 9 2008, 06:23 PM)
Oh how I've missed this formation.. it might take us awhile to adapt (and hopefully we don't concede some counterattacks by Napoli).

You and me both

Hopefully we'll play with something like this

Oddo--Nesta--Kala--Sergio
--Ambro--Pirlo--Seedorf---
-----------Kaka--------------
--------Gila--Pato-----------

And no Brocchi instead of Rino. This is the way we play best in the league. And I can't really see Carlo dropping Seedorf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.