Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 11/4/2007 - CL - Bayern - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
han2503
Champions League 2006/07 - 1/4 finals (2nd leg)

Bayern - Milan

Wednesday, 11th of April, 2007

Time: 19:45 (UK), 20:45 (IT)
Darunia
Milan never gives up, believe.
han2503
Beyern will probably stifle us and go through on away goals.

Sad but I think our run ends here sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
Like Darunia said...believe believe believe....we live on faith man....
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 3 2007, 09:49 PM)
Beyern will probably stifle us and go through on away goals.

Sad but I think our run ends here  sad.gif

Don't speak like that Han sad.gif

Last time we won the CL. We won 2-1 in Munich that year, it can be done.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2007, 09:50 PM)
Don't speak like that Han  sad.gif

I wish I had more optimism but I think I wasted it all this season.

I has been a heartbreaking one to say the least. And I can't wait for it to be over.

After we are out it will be just going through the motions of it all. And hoping for a fourth spot
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2007, 09:50 PM)
Don't speak like that Han  sad.gif

Last time we won the CL. We won 2-1 in Munich that year, it can be done.

Pippo could still actually score during that time.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 3 2007, 09:54 PM)
Pippo could still actually score during that time.

We didn't have Kaka then though. Kaka now, is better than Pippo was then.
han2503
Anyway. If we are really going to go for it then it must be an all out attacking game from us.

We can't expect the goals to fall into our hands. Right now we have absolutely nothing to lose. We have to take the gamble

I would like to see us using this formation

Oddo--Nesta--Maldini--Janku
-----Rino---Pirlo---Sergio-----
-------------Kaka--------------
-------Pippo---Oli-------------

Pippo can't play alone, that's obvious to see. And Kaka today was drifting too much to the flanks. We need Sergio. If we actually had some pace on the flanks we could have killed Bayern. With their minds being occupied with tieing down Kaka they will leave Sergio more free.

I think this would be the best gamble we could take.

It's do or die now
kurtsimonw
Yeah, we can't mess around.

I agree with that line-up. Sergio will give us that extra bit of pace that Seedrof couldn't.

It's the perfect stage for Oli to prove EVERYBODY wrong, I like the guy and hope we can get the best out of him.

Keep the faith. FORZA MILAN!
jefri91
..... I am so sad sad.gif I just wish that last goal didn't go in...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 3 2007, 10:04 PM)
..... I am so sad sad.gif I just wish that last goal didn't go in...

The Bayern fans were so quiet I didn't think it counted. I thought there was an off-side or something. sad.gif
jefri91
now we need to score atleast 2 goals... is it possible that we can win or am I just dreaming again sad.gif
redbabies
that line-up means that we play with 4 attackers.
And, imagine if we score and all the team goes back to defende, than who will keep the ball in midfield except Pirlo?

Sergio and Kaka can't keep the ball, the can run with the ball but not keep it like Pirlo.

Gattuso, we all know his ball-control.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 3 2007, 10:08 PM)
And, imagine if we score and all the team goes back to defende, than who will keep the ball in midfield except Pirlo?

Sergio and Kaka can't keep the ball, the can run with the ball but not keep it like Pirlo.

I'd perfer Kaka and Sergio running at them all game, it will force them to keep players back. If we try and play keep ball, they'll be more confident in moving us back. Thinking we're trying to hold what we have (If we take the lead of course).
han2503
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 3 2007, 10:08 PM)

It doesn't really matter at this point.

Bayern's defence is fragile, Serio and Kaka could rip them apart if given the chance.

If we miraculously get a lead then we could try to hold it by keeping possession. But not trying to stay back because then we'll get punished for it.

We really should have killed the tie off in the first leg when it was in our grasp, now we have sadly lost control of it.
jefri91
I dont know about you guys... screw it im not going to stop and be sad !! God damnit we are going to Munich and were going to beat their asses realmad.gif !!! FORZA MILAN devilsmiley.gif!!! FORZA PIRLO KAKA AND THE WHOLE MILANELO!! cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
yo jefri91...pass me some of that weed while ur at it....it seems like it's good stuff tongue.gif

Just kidding pal...sure we're all hoping...it's just too scary too hope and then be crushed...hence all the reactions.

Agree with whatever u said though wink.gif
Darunia
Pizarro worried me a lot, his headers inside the box caused us a lot of trouble. Much more than Podolski anyways.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 4 2007, 02:37 AM)
Pizarro worried me a lot, his headers inside the box caused us a lot of trouble.  Much more than Podolski anyways.

Yeah, they were pretty poor until Pizzaro turned up.
Bluesummers
I can't wait till we go to munich and shut down every last one of those cocky german fans on goal.com!!!!!! comon kaka, show them what mc hammer meant by can't touch this! mad.gif
arivanjj
Sagnol is to miss this one due to injury

anyways i hope we get Sergio back by the time...

this would be my line-up:

---------------------------Dida---------------------------

-Oddo---------Nesta--------------Maldini-------Sergio-

-------Gattuso------------Pirlo-----------Ambrosini-----

-------------------Kaka----------Seedorf---------------

--------------------------Inzaghi-------------------------

Sergio, Ambro, Kaka and Inzaghi would be are our decisive players!
han2503
I've been thinking, since Van Bommel will aslo be in this match then Bayern will probably field him next to Hargreaves to tighten up Kaka even more.

So how about playing Kaka as a total out and out striker? Everytime he went up against Bayern's defenders they went into panick mode and couldn't deal with him.

I'm thinking we could play something like this

Oddo--Nesta--Maldini--Kaladze
----Gattuso---Pirlo---Sergio----
--------------Seedorf------------
-----------Pippo--Kaka----------

I think this could work.

Or even trying Serginho out as a supporting forward. I know he's played there before and I think he could be a real thorn in the Bayern defence with his speed and technique. Something like this

Oddo--Nesta--Maldini--Janku
---Gattuso---Pirlo---Ambro---
---------------Kaka-------------
------------------------Sergio--
-----------Pippo----------------
MizNelson
Bayern are going to rest on their laurels and go for the goalless draw. You can bet the farm on that. I wouldn't be surprised if they slowed play down to milk the clock as much as possible nearly every time they got the ball.

One away goal is difficult to overcome, two is much worse.
arivanjj
Daniel Van Buyten "Milan are probably better away from home but they have to win while we know a clean sheet will be enough"

this is exactly what we want, for them to look for a clean sheet! cause this will take all the pressure of us and sooner or later we'll crack them.
dst
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 4 2007, 10:41 AM)
this is exactly what we want, for them to look for a clean sheet! cause this will take all the pressure of us and sooner or later we'll crack them.

I like their way of thinking! It helps us...

What I want is the team to show it's character. Even if we're down by two all we want is two goals to take this to over-time... even if at OT we will be exhausted!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 04:02 PM)
I like their way of thinking! It helps us...

What I want is the team to show it's character. Even if we're down by two all we want is two goals to take this to over-time... even if at OT we will be exhausted!

Two goals is possible, but if in the San Siro Milan could only score two - out of the many chances the team had - I doubt we'll be able to have our way in Germany. Remember last year ?? We were pushed to a corner and were forced to defend for almost 80 minutes !
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 4 2007, 03:09 PM)
Two goals is possible, but if in the San Siro Milan could only score two - out of the many chances the team had - I doubt we'll be able to have our way in Germany. Remember last year ?? We were pushed to a corner and were forced to defend for almost 80 minutes !

We let them keep possession... I hope it won't happen again. Which means I hope Seedorf won't play!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 04:13 PM)
We let them keep possession... I hope it won't happen again. Which means I hope Seedorf won't play!

Well, as much as I would like to agree with u, we don't have an alternative (and please don't say Gourcuff, he couldn't handle the pressure last night, even for 6 mins of play left )
whoarethepatriots
I have changed my mind and im optimistic about this match, we have done better away from this season

e.g. Lost to Roma 2-1 home but drew and arguably could have won at the olimpico

Got beat by Palermo home but drew at the Barbera

We also have a better defensive record away
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Apr 4 2007, 05:01 PM)
I have changed my mind and im optimistic about this match, we have done better away from this season

e.g. Lost to Roma 2-1 home but drew and arguably could have won at the olimpico

Got beat by Palermo home but drew at the Barbera

We also have a better defensive record away

Although u have a point ... Last season, we didnt do well in Germany !

As much as I want Milan to win, I doubt that Milan can in Germany, with that said, I doubt we can score 2 goals sad.gif
jefri91
have faith ross7 biggrin.gif Inzaghi will score a double just like before !! This will not be the end of the road for us !! Lets beat the impossible!!!!!!!!!!!
Ry4n
im very confused doesnt 1 away goal equal to a draw then we need another goal for the win well i am looking for a draw then penaltys at least Dida is good for that
han2503
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Apr 4 2007, 02:42 PM)
im very confused doesnt 1 away goal equal to a draw then we need another goal for the win  well i am looking for a draw then penaltys at least Dida is good for that

0-0 will see them go through
1-1 will see them go through
2-2 will go to extra time
3-3 or anythin above it will see us go through

So it's either win, or get a high scoring draw.

That's why I think we should rest a lot of the team on Saturday. We have subs that are capable of winning against Empoli. We need Oddo, Maldini, Pirlo, ino, Seedorf, Kaka and Pippo to be at their best. And are able to keep the high tempo for the entire 90 minutes. We conceed yesterday because we faultered at the end and some of the players couldn't keep up.

If we somehow manage to esteblish a lead by half time against Empoli then I would consider taking off Nesta, and also putting in Pippo at some point to help him regain some much needed match fitness.

Sergio also needs to play since we really need him against Bayern
jefri91
wat if its 2-1 !!
han2503
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 4 2007, 03:05 PM)
wat if its 2-1 !!

As in we win?

If so then we go through.

Even though I think that's highly unlikely.

I am not optimistic at all about this match. I'm sorry to say this, but we blew it when we allowed in 2 soft goals, probably the softest goals I have seen all season, they even went in softly rolleyes.gif
acmilanfan
We need to look at our play more carefully. But I'm afraid that Ancelotti is too biased to handle the things right for just 7 days.

Seedorf was very poor - no precision, no pace, no creativity. He was totally out of the game. And it is not his first time - it's been the same for some months now.

He was suposed to shift his position with Kaka and the fullbacks when they were eattaking and to open some space in Bayern's backyard. It never happened. That's why Kaka didn't see much of the ball - there was no one else to put some pressure on the germans and they marked him with numbers.

Don't know why Seedorf stayed on the pitch for so long - he was of no use to the team.

We need a game where our team could open spaces for Kaka one way or another. We have excellent fullbacks like Oddo and Jankulovski. What we need is more action from the midfield to double them on the wings and put maximum pressure on their defence. When Kaka recieved the ball germans were quick to double on him - we just have to do something to avoid that.

Don't think this could happen with Seedorf there in his current form. Unfortunately Sergio is out for too long and don't think that starting with him will be good idea.

We are the better team I have no doubts about that. We are better technically and as individuals. We need to go out and play with condfidence and heart. I'm not convinced that Seedorf and Dida could do that in week time...

It wasn't for bad luck that we failed - we failed because of ourselves. If we are able to understand that - Ancelotti also, we can go there and play game up to our level - there is a good chance that we can do it.
jefri91
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2007, 03:08 PM)
As in we win?

If so then we go through.

Even though I think that's highly unlikely.

I am not optimistic at all about this match. I'm sorry to say this, but we blew it when we allowed in 2 soft goals, probably the softest goals I have seen all season, they even went in softly  rolleyes.gif

100$ that we go through devilsmiley.gif
Costacurta
Interesting discussion.
What I want to happen is usually not the same as what I anticipate ahppening. The same is true here. Obviosuly I want Milan to beat Bayern, and we will have to as I don't believe 3-3 is a possibility. However, I think it is unlikely. Last season I had a lot of faith in Pippo, but I think we all realise that he is, gradually, season by season losing his former predatorial clinical sbility. Without Gila, our chances are low. I don't think Oliveira will be any good. He has been just as hopeless as I anticipated before his arrival. As I don't believe we can win, we should put out a strong side for Empoli.

Getting 4th is paramount. Unless anyone here beleives we can battle through to the final and win it, any further efforts in the CL are a diversion, albeit enjoyable for us, from the real objective, a CL spot for next year. Real trouble if we don't make 4th.

So the match against Bayern we must not rest lots of players for, perhaps one or two, Kaka perhaps, Pirlo too. But little more. We will have to face Bayern perhaps a little tired but we shall have to go th extra mile.

Real problem for me was, largely due to our own formation, we pushed Kaka into being a winger rather than his traditional AMC. He must either hold that posn alone,w hich means Oliveira partners Pippo, not good a mon avi, or, as Han opined, play him as a CF, alongside Pippo, with Seedorf the AMC. The CM on the left could be taken by Serginho as so I subscribe to such a proposed formation, given the circumstances, otheriwse, yes, I would have opted for Pippo and Gila upfront togeter etc.

I think Bayern will manage to score once, either a 1-0 win to them, or 1-1. Either way, us, out.

I hope I'm wrong.
redbabies
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 4 2007, 03:07 PM)
Although u have a point ... Last season, we didnt do well in Germany !

As much as I want Milan to win, I doubt that Milan can in Germany, with that said, I doubt we can score 2 goals sad.gif

Yes, overall they were the better side last season at Allianz, but at that time were different circumstances:

It was the first leg and they had to attack, while we would be happy with 0-0 or 1-1.

This time will go to score at all costs, and try to win.
I also was very pessimistic after the match, but after I saw what Valencia did to Chelsea, and when I remember how Liverpool won 2-1 in Nou Camp - I've got hope, coz after all We Are MILAN! smile.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 5 2007, 10:35 AM)
100$ that we go through  devilsmiley.gif

I like your attitude, as much as I don't agree with you, . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Costacurta @ Apr 5 2007, 10:08 AM)
Interesting discussion.
What I want to happen is usually not the same as what I anticipate ahppening. The same is true here. Obviosuly I want Milan to beat Bayern, and we will have to as I don't believe 3-3 is a possibility. However, I think it is unlikely. Last season I had a lot of faith in Pippo, but I think we all realise that he is, gradually, season by season losing his former predatorial clinical sbility. Without Gila, our chances are low. I don't think Oliveira will be any good. He has been just as hopeless as I anticipated before his arrival. As I don't believe we can win, we should put out a strong side for Empoli.

Getting 4th is paramount. Unless anyone here beleives we can battle through to the final and win it, any further efforts in the CL are a diversion, albeit enjoyable for us, from the real objective, a CL spot for next year. Real trouble if we don't make 4th.

So the match against Bayern we must not rest lots of players for, perhaps one or two, Kaka perhaps, Pirlo too. But little more. We will have to face Bayern perhaps a little tired but we shall have to go th extra mile.

Real problem for me was, largely due to our own formation, we pushed Kaka into being a winger rather than his traditional AMC. He must either hold that posn alone,w hich means Oliveira partners Pippo, not good a mon avi, or, as Han opined, play him as a CF, alongside Pippo, with Seedorf the AMC. The CM on the left could be taken by Serginho as so I subscribe to such a proposed formation, given the circumstances, otheriwse, yes, I would have opted for Pippo and Gila upfront togeter etc.

I think Bayern will manage to score once, either a 1-0 win to them, or 1-1. Either way, us, out.

I hope I'm wrong.

Good post. Even though I think we should rest players against Empoli.

I'm really thorn about this. Thankfully I am not the one who has to make the decision, Carlo is.

But imo, we have good enough players to rotate for the game against Empoli and win it. With Serginho back Carlo has a lot of options of where he could field him to rest some players and get him match fit for Bayern. If he comes out with the form Nesta has then I will be more confident about him helping us against Bayern.
Portman
It seems that we won't be allowed to use the bwin.com thing on our shirt in this match. Probably some german rule or so.

Otherwise we'll have a 100.000 euros fine. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 5 2007, 06:21 PM)
It seems that we won't be allowed to use the bwin.com thing on our shirt in this match. Probably some german rule or so.

Otherwise we'll have a 100.000 euros fine.  rolleyes.gif

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

What the hell? So we'll be wearing no sponsor on our shirt?
redbabies
maybe most of you don't give a sh*t about the past statistics (Under Berlusconi's area) but I found some interesting matches that made me more optimistic about this match:

Season 1988-1989
Quarter-final against Bremen
0-0 at Home, 0-1 Away win.

Semi-final:
First Leg: Milan - Real 1-1
Second Leg: Real - Milan 0-5

Season 1989-1990
Quarter-final
first-leg at home 0-0, second-leg away win 0-2 against Mechelen (never heard BTW)

again that's just history, but WE managed to do it in Berlusconi area, and we can do it again.

After all, I'm just trying to encourage you guys, coz I've never read so many pesimistic opinions in milanfan.com smile.gif
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2007, 07:29 PM)
huh.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif  huh.gif

What the hell? So we'll be wearing no sponsor on our shirt?

Dunno. 100k euros is not that much for Milan/Berlusconi. wink.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 5 2007, 03:35 AM)
100$ that we go through  devilsmiley.gif

Are you serious? I'll take you on if you are!
misha
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 5 2007, 09:31 PM)
maybe most of you don't give a sh*t about the past statistics (Under Berlusconi's area) but I found some interesting matches that made me more optimistic about this match:

Season 1988-1989
Quarter-final against Bremen
0-0 at Home, 0-1 Away win.

Semi-final:
First Leg:      Milan - Real 1-1
Second Leg:  Real - Milan 0-5

Season 1989-1990
Quarter-final
first-leg at home 0-0, second-leg away win 0-2 against Mechelen (never heard BTW)

again that's just history, but WE managed to do it in Berlusconi area, and we can do it again.

After all, I'm just trying to encourage you guys, coz I've never read so many pesimistic opinions in milanfan.com smile.gif

Give me the players that we had back then and I will be optimistic too. Although we still have a chance on Wednesday too
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 5 2007, 01:02 PM)
Give me the players that we had back then and I will be optimistic too. Although we still have a chance on Wednesday too

The only chance we have on wednesday is to put in a good display and go out with our heads held high and not get ridiculed.
misha
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Apr 5 2007, 10:04 PM)
The only chance we have is Wen is to put in a good display and go out with our heads held high and not get ridiculed.

C'mon it's football. Anything can happen: red card, penalty , ricochet goal, Milan giving their best game this season...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.