Time: 14:00 (UK), 15:00 (IT)

The match after the calcio-crisis.

-----------Storari------------
Oddo-Bonera-Maldini-Jan'ki
---Gattuso-Pirlo-Gourcuff---
-------------Kaka'-----------
---Gilardino-----Ronaldo---

This would be my 11 for next Sunday.
Carletto... I believe he will change Gourcuff for Seedorf.

Prediction: 2-0, Ronaldo will score if he starts on the first 11.
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 7 2007, 03:23 PM)

I think R9 will come on in the second half

I would use that formation also, but maybe start Oli, with R9 coming in in the second half.

And maybe even play Seedorf in place of Pirlo, who imo has been worse then Seedorf most of the time
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 7 2007, 05:42 PM)
but maybe start Oli...

Oli who??? rolleyes.gif
I doubt we'll see him more than Aubameyang... even if he does play I don't expect anything.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 7 2007, 05:42 PM)
And maybe even play Seedorf in place of Pirlo, who imo has been worse then Seedorf most of the time

yep, we should play like this:

--Storari--
Oddo--Bonera-Maldini--Janku
Seedorf--Gattuso--Gourcuff
--Kaka--
Gila-Ronaldo

but Gourcuff almost surely won't start/play.
misha
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 7 2007, 05:23 PM)

Would be my line up also. Prediction: 3:1
milanista1899
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 7 2007, 04:15 PM)
yep, we should play like this:

--Storari--
Oddo--Bonera-Maldini--Janku
Seedorf--Gattuso--Gourcuff
--Kaka--
Gila-Ronaldo

but Gourcuff almost surely won't start/play.

Swap Gourcuff & Seedorf round and you've got a deal wink.gif cool.gif

I think Brocchi will play instead.

I think if Ronie plays, he'll start just in case he gets injured. With Oli on stand by! Haven't given up on him yet, with Ronie in "his" place he'll need to kick it up a notch.
KillerMax
Why am I expecting a disastrous line up from Carletto...?
dst
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Feb 7 2007, 10:04 PM)
Swap Gourcuff & Seedorf round and you've got a deal wink.gif  cool.gif

Yep, my wrong!

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 8 2007, 01:11 AM)

Because.
agenth
we play behind closed doors, and with Ronaldo making his debut.

Bench Seedorf! tongue.gif If you bench him some time, and play him he will surely play excellent
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 7 2007, 06:23 PM)

Why Storari ? Is Dida injured ?!
arivanjj
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 8 2007, 11:30 AM)
Why Storari ? Is Dida injured ?!

yes.

that would be the best line-up but i'm sure Carlo's will be different.
berenike_10
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Feb 7 2007, 06:59 PM)
yes.

that would be the best line-up but i'm sure Carlo's will be different.

I would like to gourcuff to play, instead of pirlo , he seems to needs some rest, but anycase i would prefer to have gourcuff and pirlo at the same time, they are much faster, and the kiddo needs time on the field, he had a great game against swiss in the u-21 squad.
milanista1899
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Feb 8 2007, 04:57 AM)
I would like to gourcuff to play, instead of pirlo , he seems to needs some rest, but anycase i would prefer to have gourcuff and pirlo at the same time, they are much faster, and the kiddo needs time on the field, he had a great game against swiss in the u-21 squad.

Yea, and he scored king.gif biggrin.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 7 2007, 11:11 PM)

Cos you have a brain unlike him laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Feb 8 2007, 04:57 AM)

Do you know where I could find some highlights of that one?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 8 2007, 06:45 PM)

Check the video request thread smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 8 2007, 03:57 PM)
Check the video request thread smile.gif

Thanks king.gif
KillerMax
Marek, Simic and Storari are all suspended. Ronaldo has hurt his leg as a result of over-exercising.

Here is my line up assuming Dida is available:

------------------Dida-------------------
--Oddo---Bonera--Kaladze---Maldini--
---------------Seedorf-------------------
-------Gattuso---------Gourcuff---------
-----------------Kaka---------------------
-----------Oliveira--Gilardino------------

cool.gif

Here is what I think Ancelotti will use:

------------------Dida--------------------
--Oddo---Bonera--Maldini---Kaladze--
-----Gattuso----Pirlo----Ambrosini-----
--------------------Seedorf--------------
-----------Kaka--------------------------
----------------Gilardino-----------------

rolleyes.gif
jefri91
Can we still watch the game?
jefri91
and also id like to see inzaghi and oli play together. Who knows maybe its a good combo?
Portman
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 8 2007, 06:39 PM)
cool.gif

rolleyes.gif

At home with 1 striker. That's why I love Ancelotti... not. rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
Kaka is used as a deep lying centre forward in this formation. So it's not exactly one striker. Coz Seedorf isn't playing alongside Kaka actually.

Of course it wouldn't make a difference if Pirlo actually ARRIVED for the match.
arivanjj
isn't Dida still injured??
agenth
is this some kind of sick joke? *is dead*

aaaaaaaaaaaaah

okay calm down okay.

I thought Dida is injured.,..

do we have to play now kalac or fiori?
berenike_10
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 8 2007, 09:45 AM)

Hummm well i dunno han , i was looking for some videos from that game in youtube and other web sites but nothing, i was lucky that somehow the game was broadcast here in my country i think, but just to tell you gourcuff played really well.

If a find a video i will share it with ya all.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 8 2007, 09:39 PM)
Marek, Simic and Storari are all suspended. Ronaldo has hurt his leg as a result of over-exercising.

Here is my line up assuming Dida is available:

------------------Dida-------------------
--Oddo---Bonera--Kaladze---Maldini--
---------------Seedorf-------------------
-------Gattuso---------Gourcuff---------
-----------------Kaka---------------------
-----------Oliveira--Gilardino------------

cool.gif

rolleyes.gif

I like ur line up .. I am convinced that Seedorf can hold down Pirlo's role with perfecting; because of his strength at holding down the ball ..

I doubt Carlo will play the x-tree in Serie A anymore, cuz he has R9 now rolleyes.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 8 2007, 04:00 PM)
I doubt Carlo will play the x-tree in Serie A anymore, cuz he has R9 now rolleyes.gif

I know, but he has a slight injury as I hear...
jefri91
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 8 2007, 10:35 PM)
I know, but he has a slight injury as I hear...

Am i the only here who feels like this is a really really bad year for Milan? We use to be the best in Europe, now we can't even win the Italian Cup.
X-Offender
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 8 2007, 07:39 PM)
Marek, Simic and Storari are all suspended.

I dunno about Simic and Marek, but I'm pretty sure Storari isn't suspended.
misha
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Feb 9 2007, 12:41 AM)
Am i the only here who feels like this is a really really bad year for Milan?

Of course not. Everyone feels like that
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 8 2007, 05:03 PM)
I dunno about Simic and Marek, but I'm pretty sure Storari isn't suspended.

It's on the official website:

MILAN-LIVORNO: THE DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
2/8/2007

The Rossoneri have three disqualified players for Sunday's Milan-Livorno match: Marek Jankulovski, Dario Simic and Marco Storari. Livorno have two disqualified players: Cristiano Lucarelli and Stefano Morrone.
arivanjj
Milan - Livorno -- Football Italia preview

Two sides with contrasting recent fortunes meet as Livorno face Milan in an empty San Siro. While Milan have hit a rich vein of form in recent weeks, the visitors are a side in crisis and won’t be relishing the trip.

Despite an eight-point Calciopoli deduction, Milan are back in the running for a Champions League spot. Unbeaten since November and buoyed by the signing of Ronaldo, the Diavoli faithful are starting to enjoy life again. Week 21’s 1-0 win over Parma saw the Rossoneri climb into ninth place and move within three points of fourth-placed Lazio. Carlo Ancelotti has momentum on his side and will be determined to keep it that way with a win over a side in turmoil.

Livorno are in free-fall and have little reason to believe that they can stop the Milan juggernaut. The Granata lost a Tuscan derby to Fiorentina in Week 21 and look dangerously short of confidence after nine games without a win. Things don’t look good for Daniele Arrigoni’s men who have Serie A’s worst defence away from home – having conceded 27 times. Arrigoni was fired and reappointed within a week last month but surely won’t get another reprieve if he fails to turn things around fast.

Ancelotti has a number of absentees as his men go in search of a fifth win in six. Dida is sidelined with a right shoulder injury and with reserve ‘keeper Zeljko Kalac also out, Marco Storari who arrived from Messina in January gets a debut. Alessandro Nesta is out of action for at least another month and Cristian Brocchi has a left thigh complaint. Serginho is nearing recovery. Pippo Inzaghi – scorer of the winner against Parma - is a doubt due to a thigh knock and Ronaldo must wait for his return to Italian football as he is not 100 per cent fit.

The Tuscans have fewer headaches. Croatian defender Dario Knezevic is still out with a frontal bone injury and is joined by injury-prone stopper Stefano Fanucci who has a problem with his right knee. Marco Amelia – who impressed in Week 4’s stalemate between the two sides – returns from injury to face the side he has frequently been linked with.

Man on fire: Massimo Oddo wink.gif

Last season: Milan 2-0 Livorno

Form guide: Milan (W W W D W) Livorno (L D L D L)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan (probable): Storari; Oddo, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Kaka, Gilardino

Livorno (probable): Amelia; Grandoni, Kuffour, Galante, Pasquale; A. Filippini, Morrone, Passoni, Cesar; Fiore, Lucarelli(suspended) smile.gif

Channel4
dst
Janku is suspended for God's sake... who writes previews for Football Italia!??
X-Offender
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 9 2007, 02:09 AM)
It's on the official website:

MILAN-LIVORNO: THE DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
2/8/2007

The Rossoneri have three disqualified players for Sunday's Milan-Livorno match: Marek Jankulovski, Dario Simic and Marco Storari. Livorno have two disqualified players: Cristiano Lucarelli and Stefano Morrone.

Oh sh!t. Is Fiori gonna play then? unsure.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 9 2007, 08:08 AM)
Janku is suspended for God's sake... who writes previews for Football Italia!??

Apparently a 3 year old...
misha
Milan-Livorno

BACKGROUND

Due to the exorbitant violence which took place following the match between Palermo and Catania (including the death of policeman Filippo Raciti), all play last Saturday and Sunday was suspended. The match itself had been moved up to Friday, so as to not conflict with the celebration of St. Agatha, Catania’s patron saint. It was to be a weekend filled with happiness and joy, but it turned sour in just a matter of hours.

Extra police officers had been called in to handle the crowds due to the Sicilian derby football match and the St. Agatha celebration. The match was stopped due to the amount of flares thrown, and for many members of the crowd this equated to a bull seeing red.

The so-called ‘fans’ of the beautiful game stormed out of the stadium, and went to work on further ruining the reputation of calcio. The police lines were attacked with fury. Even more flares came out (it still amazes me how attendees of the matches can be allowed to enter the facility with such dangerous weapons), and because of the subsequent events and the reaction of the higher-ups of the various ruling bodies, the two teams involved in this match now at hand were not able to play last weekend.

Milan and Livorno may find themselves in a very strange circumstance, as this match could be played in front of an empty stadium; one which usually holds a capacity of eighty thousand-plus. Club staff members for Milan have been working nonstop in order to get turnstiles in place, which would allow at least the season ticket holders to view this match. All of this will lead up to the inspection that will take place on Saturday morning to determine whether or not the stadium is fit for mass entry.

Unfortunately, the play of these two teams will not be the focus in this or any other match this Sunday, but we should still see good play on the pitch.

CURRENT FORM

Milan (W D W, 27 points, 9th place in Serie A)

The Rossoneri have been hot all year long, and will more than likely continue this good form on Sunday. They still lack the firepower with which they took Serie A by storm last season, but the addition of Ronaldo will help with that.

Livorno (L D L, 23 points, 12th place in Serie A)

The Amaranti lie around mid-table, despite not having won since a November victory over Parma. Also, they have the worst away defensive record in the Serie A, as they are giving up an average of two and one-half goals per match played on their travels.

TEAM NEWS

Milan again suffer from the injury bug. Long term absentees such as Alessandro Nesta and Serginho are not yet fit, and the recent problems for Nelson Dida and Filippo Inzaghi complicate matters for manager Carlo Ancelotti. Both were injured during the loss to Roma in the Coppa Italia semifinals. Inzaghi limped off with a muscular strain, and Dida will miss a good amount of time with a shoulder injury.

Livorno have just two players who will with certainty be out of this match. Stefano Fanucci has a knee injury, and Dario Knezevic is suffering from injury also.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Kakà (Milan) – He, along with the rest of his team, struggled mightily in the scoreless draw against Livorno back in September. His form has greatly improved since then, and he did well in the midweek friendly for Brazil versus Portugal. Rumors have come up recently of his departure from Milan for Real Madrid in the summer, and he will need to put this trouble behind him in order to lead Milan to victory.

Cristiano Lucarelli (Livorno) – In what should come as no surprise, he is the club’s leading scorer. He excels when making hard runs right at the defense, and should benefit from the assistance in attack provided by Stefano Fiore.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-3-1-2): Storari; Oddo, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino

Livorno (4-5-1): Amelia; Grandoni, Kuffour, Galante, Pasquale; A. Fillipini, Morrone, Passoni, Cesar, Fiore; Lucarelli

PREDICTION

This match will be dominated by the off the field headlines, but the play should be dominated by Milan. Livorno are in a terrible slump, and if fans are in fact allowed to see this match in person, then the crowd will help guide Milan to a win.

Milan 2-0 Livorno

Goal.com
Rossoneri7
Amelia is their goalkeeper .. And since there was a link between Milan and him, earlier in the season, he should have a good game .. While our Goalkeepers are either injured or suspended .. It will be tough to hold on to a 1-0 lead .. So I predict a lot of goals .. For the fact of R9's debut and Gila and Oliviera will want to fight for their places.

Milan 3 - 3 Livorno

p.s. I'm not quit convinced of Fiore
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 9 2007, 07:01 PM)
Milan (4-3-1-2): Storari; Oddo, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino

Livorno (4-5-1): Amelia; Grandoni, Kuffour, Galante, Pasquale; A. Fillipini, Morrone, Passoni, Cesar, Fiore; Lucarelli 

Either Milan's official website is misinforming everyone or all other websites are worthless... rolleyes.gif
Tennie
Call-up list, from the Milan website.

Questi i convocati del Milan per domani: PORTIERI: Fiori, Storari, Facchin; DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Oddo; CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo
han2503
My team for tomorrow

Oddo--Bonera--Maldini--Janku
-----Rino---Pirlo---Seedorf-----
-------------Kaka----------------
-----------Gila---Oli-------------

R9 to come in at half time, and score wink.gif

I was thinkg about putting Seedorf or Rino in the middle and sitting Pirlo on the bench but I gigured we could give him an other chance in this game since it's been 2 weeks since the team played and they will probably be more frash now and Pirlo will have a better game.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 10 2007, 06:17 PM)
My team for tomorrow

That would be my line up as well.

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 10 2007, 04:08 AM)
Either Milan's official website is misinforming everyone or all other websites are worthless...  rolleyes.gif

I think what the official site really meant is that Storari and Jankulovski are booked, so if they take a yellow card this match they won't be able to play next week. It seems only Simic is disqualified.
han2503
Storari Ready For Milan Debut

The former Messina keeper will play his first official match for the Rossoneri since joining Milan in the January transfer window.

Marco Storari is set for his debut with the Rossoneri's shirt on Sunday afternoon...albeit in front of an empty stadium.

"It's a pity, I hoped till the end in the ok for the season ticket holders, but it seems tough. The debut with the Milan shirt is a nice sensation, now it's up to me."

Apart from Storari, Milan will most likely also field for the first time Ronaldo, who scored an amazing goal against the Milan keeper during a mid-week training session.

"I read that everyone was happy, I wasn't," commented Storari. "Seriously, the goal however wasn't really from 30 metres, but a bit closer. Still, when someone places the ball in the corner, there's little you can do. He (Ronaldo) seems to me a great player."
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 11 2007, 04:17 AM)
My team for tomorrow

R9 to come in at half time, and score  wink.gif

I was thinkg about putting Seedorf or Rino in the middle and sitting Pirlo on the bench but I gigured we could give him an other chance in this game since it's been 2 weeks since the team played and they will probably be more frash now and Pirlo will have a better game.

devil.gif , i hope R9 gets 45 minutes smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
You think there might be a 4-3-3 in the offing? Oli outside left. Kaka outside right. Both playing just behind Gila.

Would be interesting.
Jack Sparrow
"I read that everyone was happy, I wasn't," commented Storari. "Seriously, the goal however wasn't really from 30 metres, but a bit closer. Still, when someone places the ball in the corner, there's little you can do. He (Ronaldo) seems to me a great player."

He's starting to complain. And about Ronaldo. I like this bloke already. biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 11 2007, 12:57 AM)
He's starting to complain. And about Ronaldo. I like this bloke already. biggrin.gif

It's good for confidence, he'll have a good game tomorrow .. king.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 11 2007, 10:08 AM)
It's good for confidence, he'll have a good game tomorrow ..  king.gif

if it wasn't for that.. i would've washed him down with #*%%#@($^ right now! biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
FORZA MILAN

Spontanious .. but its the right thread biggrin.gif
KillerMax
It's gonna be a pretty shitty game considering not many fans will show up... I'm expecting a draw..
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 11 2007, 10:08 AM)
It's gonna be a pretty shitty game considering not many fans will show up... I'm expecting a draw..

I predicted a draw, if Fiore is our GK, but since Storari is in goal .. I think he'll have a good game and we'll win, hopefully by a margin of 3 or more goals .. And no I'm not on crack
Portman
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 11 2007, 07:08 AM)

Around 40.000. Not bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.