Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommend new site features
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > Milanfan > Announcements
m1ke
I'm always trying to improve the site and appreciate your feedback. If there is any features that you think should be present on the site/forum then please discuss them here.

I'll be checking this thread frequently smile.gif
m1ke
- Added some information on Milanello in the "Club" section.
- Added a legends page in the "Club" section.
- Added a shop - Will be active soon.
m1ke
- Added a songs page to the "Multimedia" section.
m1ke
- Added more wallpapers to the "Multimedia" section.
m1ke
- Edited "Club" and "Multimedia" section.
m1ke
Comeon guys, the site can't be that good!

You must have some suggestions wink.gif
m1ke
- Added RSS feed. http://www.milanfan.com/rss.php
- Edited "About" section.
may83
whats the song page thing all about?

i have a suggestion - keep up the good work the site looks great, its easily accesable, so why does it need changing lol! biggrin.gif king.gif
Mario
I think all Videos should be downloadable (Like the ones already related to Tim Cup and Second game of Milan Chelsea) as Sometimes the links are not properly working.

Keep Up the good Work !!
amancik
i didn't know there's anything like that before ... thanks mike! keep up the great work ...
m1ke
Thanks for the comments guys (and gals! wink.gif)

zeinoun_mario: Yes I agree with you and it's something I'm working on. The problem I've got at the moment is that the site is getting more hits every day, and I've got a monthly bandwidth limit on this server. If I host all videos on this server, I may run out of bandwidth and the site will go down sad.gif But I'll think of something, and I'm always open to suggestions biggrin.gif

Thanks for your input smile.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (m1ke @ Aug 2 2005, 10:32 PM)
zeinoun_mario: Yes I agree with you and it's something I'm working on. The problem I've got at the moment is that the site is getting more hits every day, and I've got a monthly bandwidth limit on this server. If I host all videos on this server, I may run out of bandwidth and the site will go down sad.gif But I'll think of something, and I'm always open to suggestions biggrin.gif

Thanks for your input smile.gif

How about allowing people to download AC Milan's goals on your website for for a limited time after a match. For example, 7 days after a match you can download the goals, once the 7 days are up you can only view them by an external link. It will keep your bandwith fairly low but will still allow people that want the accessibility of downloading Milan's goals to do so.

Just a thought.
Mario
I have an idea concerning the "Calendar" Option. Why don't we have a "Public Calendar" with all ACM fixtures in it !
With One click of an eye we know what is waiting for us during the day, or the month and we won't have to go through tables... wink.gif
Mario
QUOTE (Sheva Is Brilliant 05 @ Aug 5 2005, 02:27 PM)
How about allowing people to download AC Milan's goals on your website for for a limited time after a match. For example, 7 days after a match you can download the goals, once the 7 days are up you can only view them by an external link. It will keep your bandwith fairly low but will still allow people that want the accessibility of downloading Milan's goals to do so.

Just a thought.

GREAT IDEA ! Sheva is ALWAYS Brilliant !
m1ke
QUOTE (Mario @ Aug 9 2005, 09:39 AM)
I have an idea concerning the "Calendar" Option. Why don't we have a "Public Calendar" with all ACM fixtures in it !
With One click of an eye we know what is waiting for us during the day, or the month and we won't have to go through tables... wink.gif

Good idea. I'll implement this when the fixtures for 2005/2006 get released.

Thanks Mario smile.gif
m1ke
QUOTE (Sheva Is Brilliant 05 @ Aug 5 2005, 12:27 PM)

Just a thought.

Yeah, good idea smile.gif

I want to keep the official goals hosted on the main server all the time, as I feel it's a nice incentive for people who take time out to support the site/forum.

But once the season is underway, all unofficial compilations and goals will be hosted on the server for 7 days, then removed. Anybody wishing to download them can post a request in the relevant thread.

Sound good? devilsmiley.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (m1ke @ Aug 9 2005, 02:59 PM)
Yeah, good idea smile.gif

I want to keep the official goals hosted on the main server all the time, as I feel it's a nice incentive for people who take time out to support the site/forum.

But once the season is underway, all unofficial compilations and goals will be hosted on the server for 7 days, then removed. Anybody wishing to download them can post a request in the relevant thread.

Sound good? devilsmiley.gif

Yeah, that sounds fair.
amancik
no problem ... smile.gif
Mario
M1ke !
Don't you think that Milan Lab should be present in the "Club" section ?
After all, it's one of the most important keys to success that Milan exclusively possess...
m1ke
QUOTE (Mario @ Aug 11 2005, 09:07 AM)
M1ke !
Don't you think that Milan Lab should be present in the "Club" section ?
After all, it's one of the most important keys to success that Milan exclusively possess...

Definatly! It's being worked on at the moment cool.gif

Thanks for the reminder.
YoungGun
I love this site so much although I just joined for several days. And I think our site shouldn't have some little mistakes just like missing-Kalac goalkeeper in the TEAM section, etc ...
m1ke
QUOTE (YoungGun @ Aug 16 2005, 11:23 AM)
I love this site so much although I just joined for several days. And I think our site shouldn't have some little mistakes just like missing-Kalac goalkeeper in the TEAM section, etc ...

Done! Thanks YoungGun devilsmiley.gif
Mario
M1ke ?
Don't you think that the Wallpapers section should be sorted in the reverse order ? that means, on page 1 the latest updates and so forth... ?
You have to go through ALL of them again, and again, and again to check the newest ones...

By the way, GREAT CHOICE ! Thanks Man...
m1ke
Yes, good idea Mario. Will do that now.

Thanks devil.gif
Mario
Hey M1ke,
I was inspired by "Sheva is brilliant 05" concenring the "Chat" topic he created...
How about a Chatroom for the website in which we can attend real time discussions with all logged in members ? (Messenger type)
Is this feasible ?
Boban
QUOTE (Mario @ Aug 29 2005, 12:15 PM)
Hey M1ke,
I was inspired by "Sheva is brilliant 05" concenring the "Chat" topic he created...
How about a Chatroom for the website in which we can attend real time discussions with all logged in members ? (Messenger type)
Is this feasible ?

yes we have been working on something like that as we speak its still in testing but it should be up soon devilsmiley.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Mario @ Aug 29 2005, 12:15 PM)
Hey M1ke,
Is this feasible ?

Hey Mario,

As Boban says here at milanfan we are currently working on a new chat room system, my forum topic was just a stop-gap for the moment.

It shouldn't be too long until it is launched on the main site, thank you for your suggestion though. smile.gif
Mario
QUOTE (Sheva Is Brilliant 05 @ Aug 29 2005, 02:29 PM)
Hey Mario,

As Boban says here at milanfan we are currently working on a new chat room system, my forum topic was just a stop-gap for the moment.

It shouldn't be too long until it is launched on the main site, thank you for your suggestion though. smile.gif

Great ! No wonder we will soon become the number one AC Milan Website ! (Although we already are in my opinion !) devil.gif

Let's Keep up the good works guys! cool.gif
ACMBoY
M1ke.
In the section Squad. I found a mistake with the flags.
Dario Simic have the flag of Costa Rica and not the Croatian flag
Check it...

and

Forza Divolo!!!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (ACMBoY @ Sep 2 2005, 01:16 PM)
M1ke. 
In the section Squad.  I found a mistake with the flags.
Dario Simic have the flag of Costa Rica and not the Croatian flag
Check it...

and

Forza Divolo!!!! devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif

This is true, well done for finding that out ACMBoY smile.gif

It will be changed in the coming days.
m1ke
Fixed! Thanks ACMBoY king.gif
jagar
I'll be a fan of this site forever! Howbout having maybe a compilation competition every season or something and see who can make the best comp or sumthin
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (jagar @ Sep 2 2005, 04:59 PM)
I'll be a fan of this site forever! Howbout having maybe a compilation competition every season or something and see who can make the best comp or sumthin

Hey jagar,

Good idea, when you say about a compilation are you thinking about making video compilations? smile.gif
jagar
Yea maybe have a competition where people compete to make their own Video compilation of Milan. The best one gets put up on the main site for people to download and spread his/her fame. Sound good eh?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (jagar @ Sep 2 2005, 09:00 PM)
Yea maybe have a competition where people compete to make their own Video compilation of Milan. The best one gets put up on the main site for people to download and spread his/her fame. Sound good eh?

Yes, it does sound a good idea.

The only thing is I don't know how many people have the knowledge to make a video compilation. I suppose it would be a bit of fun.

I'll contact Mike and see what he says.

Thank you for your suggestion jagar smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.