> Summer Transfers 2019

William405
post May 25 2021, 03:13 PM
Post #1021

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 25 2021, 05:05 PM) *
No. Not the same thing. First of all, half of the examples you gave are decades old. Secondly, only Pogba and Lewi qualify as top talents who were lured to another team. Whereas Pogba was still an unknown talent who might have backfired.

But Donnarumma is a top 5 talent player in Europe or the World. Seeing him go to another team was bound to happen - sooner or later. Seeing him go for free is what really hurts.

Meh, but what can we do? First, the current management wasn't the one giving Donnaruma's his current contract. Second, they tried numerous times without success, what more do you want Paolo to do? For me this is a strong statement to these agents trying to put Milan on the hotseat here. For sure, in any contract negotiation there is a give and take. But, for me Donnaruma's demands were always very high and not proportional with his current status. In any case, we can't afford giving a player this salary, we get another goalkeeper who is promising with 3 million salary and who can probably do the job.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 25 2021, 05:05 PM
Post #1022

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Fillipo, my man, it's pointless to blame our management for this. You have to understand that the club was hostage of Donnarumma's demands.

First and foremost, remember all the ruckus of his first renewal in 2017, when Mirabelli and Raiola went head to head because of his ridiculous demands. In the end, we managed to give him 6M, which was unheard of for a GK at the age of only 18. Furthermore, we hired his brother and offered him 1M for being a third option!

Secondly, don't forget the change in management over the last 4 years. The exit of the Chinese with Fassone and Mirabelli, Elliott's takeover, Leonardo's appointment and then his departure, the bitter departure of Boban. Maldini was also almost set to leave. Our management has been through a lot, so issues such as contract renewals take a backseat under such turmoil.

But even so, it's been over a year that we keep offering this mofo an extension. 8M for crying out loud! That's a lot of money. Yet he kept wanting more, and moreover it has arisen in the last few hours that the reason the deal fell through was because Raiola demanded 20M in commissions. 20M!!! GTFO!!!

But besides the very indecent gesture of Donnarumma, what's worse is that he's leaving for free, completely shitting over the club that raised him and put him in the frontline. Remember Thiago Silva in 2012? His contract was about to expire the following year, and the club was aware of PSG's offer. So what did good ol' Thiago do? Extended his contract, and thus forcing PSG to make a very lucrative offer of 43M. Hence, both him and the club benefitted in the end. Check this article from back then. Because that's what real men who value their club do.

Donnarumma is a disgusting figure, I cannot stand the sight of him anymore. I hope he fails wherever he goes.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 25 2021, 05:07 PM
Post #1023

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

It's really simple. Don't negotiate contract extensions few months before their current contract expires, giving the agent/player the upper hand. Negotiate sooner or decide sooner. I don't care about statements, agents will be agents and Raiola (or anyone else) won't learn a thing out of this. The only party truly losing here is Milan i.e. our management.

This situation should have been sorted out and we should have sold Donna.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 25 2021, 05:10 PM
Post #1024

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 25 2021, 07:05 PM) *
Fillipo, my man, it's pointless to blame our management for this. You have to understand that the club was hostage of Donnarumma's demands.

First and foremost, remember all the ruckus of his first renewal in 2017, when Mirabelli and Raiola went head to head because of his ridiculous demands. In the end, we managed to give him 6M, which was unheard of for a GK at the age of only 18. Furthermore, we hired his brother and offered him 1M for being a third option!

Secondly, don't forget the change in management over the last 4 years. The exit of the Chinese with Fassone and Mirabelli, Elliott's takeover, Leonardo's appointment and then his departure, the bitter departure of Boban. Maldini was also almost set to leave. Our management has been through a lot, so issues such as contract renewals take a backseat under such turmoil.

But even so, it's been over a year that we keep offering this mofo an extension. 8M for crying out loud! That's a lot of money. Yet he kept wanting more, and moreover it has arisen in the last few hours that the reason the deal fell through was because Raiola demanded 20M in commissions. 20M!!! GTFO!!!

But besides the very indecent gesture of Donnarumma, what's worse is that he's leaving for free, completely shitting over the club that raised him and put him in the frontline. Remember Thiago Silva in 2012? His contract was about to expire the following year, and the club was aware of PSG's offer. So what did good ol' Thiago do? Extended his contract, and thus forcing PSG to make a very lucrative offer of 43M. Hence, both him and the club benefitted in the end. Check this article from back then. Because that's what real men who value their club do.

Donnarumma is a disgusting figure, I cannot stand the sight of him anymore. I hope he fails wherever he goes.

Exactly! Who could forget the negotiations of 2017! This is exactly why I wouldn't be fooled by those two for a second time.

But yes, I agree. He really is disgusting.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 25 2021, 08:55 PM
Post #1025

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Yeah, Donna can go f@ck himself. And don't talk to me about Raiola either. This is all on Donna. We never had any issues with any of his other players renewing. Had Donna wanted to stay he would have signed, no matter what Raiola was asking for commissions as it would not have mattered

8m for a f@cking GK!. No way. I blame this mostly on the previous management. 6m for an 18 year old was too much then and it left us in this situation. It's an impossible figure to match. We don't even pay that kind of money to any of the outfield players (Zlatan aside).

Honestly, Paolo and Co did the right thing here. And that is the consensus around Italy's sporting community. This club cannot be held hostage by these players. Don't want to sign? We'll replace you simple as. Same goes for Hakan, who simply does not deserve half of what he's asking for for next season

I the end. I'm mostly bitter about losing these players for free as together they could have fetched us around a 100m. Money which is desperately needed. Had Donna been a man, he would have done as x-off said. Which is renew and allow the club to monetize him. It's the least he could do considering all the doors Milan have opened for him

But let this be a lesson to the management. We simply cannot allow these contracts to run down so much! Renew, Theo, Kessie, Bennacer, Calabria, Romagmoli (nb) before the summer is over. We cannot lose players for free.

Re Romagnoli. I say either sell him or renew and sell him later on. He's lost his place. He's not going to be willing to sit on the bench and the astronomical requests have already started from him as well. Once again, a player who has not lived up to the demands he is making.

The only player that should can stand proudly by his demands is Kessie imo. He's the only one who's made the huge strides we all expected from the rest.

Calabria as well, but he's not being a d!ck about money.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 25 2021, 09:02 PM
Post #1026

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Btw, Maignan is an excellent keeper. He has the most clean sheets in Europe this season and has a better save percentage than Donna. We made an excellent deal here imo. 13m + 23 bonuses and a 2.8m salary will free up a lot of our budget. We're going to be save over 80m here compared to what a 5 year deal for Donna would have cost.

Another excellent move by Paolo.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 25 2021, 09:40 PM
Post #1027

Primavera
Group Icon

Stats do not tell the whole story here. The French league isn't that competitive and good, so his clean sheets and save percentage should still be considered carefully. Have you seen the guy play?

Btw. is Kessie also making some high wage demands? That must have missed me...

+Quote Post

William405
post May 25 2021, 10:24 PM
Post #1028

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 25 2021, 10:55 PM) *
Yeah, Donna can go f@ck himself. And don't talk to me about Raiola either. This is all on Donna. We never had any issues with any of his other players renewing. Had Donna wanted to stay he would have signed, no matter what Raiola was asking for commissions as it would not have mattered

8m for a f@cking GK!. No way. I blame this mostly on the previous management. 6m for an 18 year old was too much then and it left us in this situation. It's an impossible figure to match. We don't even pay that kind of money to any of the outfield players (Zlatan aside).

Honestly, Paolo and Co did the right thing here. And that is the consensus around Italy's sporting community. This club cannot be held hostage by these players. Don't want to sign? We'll replace you simple as. Same goes for Hakan, who simply does not deserve half of what he's asking for for next season

I the end. I'm mostly bitter about losing these players for free as together they could have fetched us around a 100m. Money which is desperately needed. Had Donna been a man, he would have done as x-off said. Which is renew and allow the club to monetize him. It's the least he could do considering all the doors Milan have opened for him

But let this be a lesson to the management. We simply cannot allow these contracts to run down so much! Renew, Theo, Kessie, Bennacer, Calabria, Romagmoli (nb) before the summer is over. We cannot lose players for free.

Re Romagnoli. I say either sell him or renew and sell him later on. He's lost his place. He's not going to be willing to sit on the bench and the astronomical requests have already started from him as well. Once again, a player who has not lived up to the demands he is making.

The only player that should can stand proudly by his demands is Kessie imo. He's the only one who's made the huge strides we all expected from the rest.

Calabria as well, but he's not being a d!ck about money.

Man, Calabria doesn't care about money, he's a true Milanista, you can see in his passion when we won.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 25 2021, 10:38 PM
Post #1029

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 25 2021, 09:40 PM) *
Stats do not tell the whole story here. The French league isn't that competitive and good, so his clean sheets and save percentage should still be considered carefully. Have you seen the guy play?

Always very skeptical Fillipo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Mignon is very highly rated. I personally haven't seen him play, but I've heard things from those who have. He has personality, great reflexes, has good judgment for aerial balls, and also is very good with his feet (the guy actually started his career as a midfielder). He has a decent record at stoping penalties as well.

Watch a few YT clips to create an idea.

I think we've made an excellent deal here. 15M is nothing for a great goalie.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 25 2021, 09:40 PM) *
Btw. is Kessie also making some high wage demands? That must have missed me...

I think I've read that he wants more money, which is understandable considering he earns, what, 2M?

This post has been edited by X-Offender: May 25 2021, 10:38 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 26 2021, 12:38 AM
Post #1030

Di Marzio (Sky Sport): "The commission was not the obstacle to the negotiation. We checked both on the Raiola front and on the Milan front: they never got to talk about commissions. Milan had already decided on Maignan before Sunday evening, so even if Donnarumma and Raiola had lowered their demands on Monday, Milan would have replied that they have already got another goalkeeper and they arrived late. It is Milan's choice not to wait for him anymore and Gigio not to accept that kind of offer. For me it's over. Donnarumma doesn't have an agreement with another team. Maybe he signs with a team for 6 million, or 7-8. But as of today he has no deal with any other team.

Interesting...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2021, 01:17 AM
Post #1031

Primavera
Group Icon

Indeed.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 26 2021, 08:56 AM
Post #1032

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

BTW what are the opinion on belotti? should he be a prime target?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2021, 09:49 AM
Post #1033

Primavera
Group Icon

I'd rather skip that one. Playing for Torino with 27 years pushing 28 is not a particular good sign.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 26 2021, 10:58 AM
Post #1034

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Kessie renewal underway, current deal expires next summer and Milan are offering 3.5M+bonuses reaching 4M. Kessie wants 5M.

Middle ground can be reached here.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 26 2021, 11:01 AM
Post #1035

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 26 2021, 10:56 AM) *
BTW what are the opinion on belotti? should he be a prime target?

Nah

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 67 68 69 70 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:59 AM