> CL - Group Stage Day 4 - Milan - Real Madrid, Date: 03/11/10 Time: 20:45 CET

CHU-LIP
post Nov 4 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #286

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 4 2010, 09:11 PM) *
When did Boateng become that popular? Last time I saw him play he was looking like an amateur in some occasions.

He's better than Seedorf, and also a better choice than having Pirlo between two DM's.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Nov 4 2010, 08:14 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Nov 4 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #287

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,681

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 4 2010, 12:11 PM) *
When did Boateng become that popular? Last time I saw him play he was looking like an amateur in some occasions.

Well to answer your question about when he became popular, it was pretty much as soon as he debuted. By his second match, the San Siro already had a song for him.

And based on performance, a lot of our players look like amateurs in a lot of occassions. I think it starts with Allegri who (surprise, surprise) is an amateur.

But in the balance of good things and bad things, which of our midfielders has proven they deserve the playing time more than KPB? It's not so much his popularity at this point as it is, who else?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 4 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #288

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 4 2010, 06:41 PM) *
I'm with han and vnata on Gattuso. Having a considerable work rate comes to nothing if you're not doing your job well. Rino is a DM, but he's being played as box-to-box. That hurts our game. His technical skills are ridiculous, and his positioning questionable. I praise him for all the will and determination he shows on field, but the guy can't be counted on anymore. Not if we want to challenge the big European sides.

I agree. But at this point in time and probably until next summer we'll have to make do with Dinho and Binho. I really believe that both systems could work if Allegri made the tactical changes required to use either player.

However, still the main problem is in the midfield 3, if that can't function you can bring in Messi/ Pastore, who ever the hell you want, it still won't workif the midfield cannot function properly

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 4 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #289

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

But in the balance of good things and bad things, which of our midfielders has proven they deserve the playing time more than KPB? It's not so much his popularity at this point as it is, who else?

Yes, I agree, the present midfield needs Boateng. Still, I don't think he'll ever turn out into something special. Naturally, he benched Seedorf, which tbh. wasn't that hard this season. And yes, he's aggressive and modern, but...I don't see it in him.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 4 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #290

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 5 2010, 12:21 AM) *
And yes, he's aggressive and modern, but...I don't see it in him.

True, he needs at least 3 years at this level to develop, maybe even 5 to become world class. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Yesterday's match proved this, he was all over the park. A for effort, and C for efficiency. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's here, but I'm also sure the he needs time to become a benchmark midfielder.

+Quote Post

ForzaMaldini
post Nov 5 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #291

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 7,471

Just got back this morning from my first San Siro experience. What a match! Can't put it in words what goes trough when you see them play in front of you. I even liked Abate... And I think I'm in love with Pippo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
The moment of the evening: he raised his finger and 83000 people around him got on their feet and screemed his name as hard as they could. Unbelievable.

+Quote Post

ForzaMaldini
post Nov 5 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #292

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 7,471

Some pics:

(IMG:http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-QVWGUCZW.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-XYJXKAPS.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-LK8CGF4Y.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-7G4WPPF6.jpg)

This post has been edited by ForzaMaldini: Dec 18 2010, 02:28 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 5 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #293

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 4 2010, 07:11 PM) *

Though I've only been able to see 5/6 Milan games this season, I have to agree. It's not unusual though, it's quite common for backups to become more popular without doing anything, just because the starter is playing badly.

He had a good World Cup and that's about it. His time in England was poor, and that's being nice.

Oh, great pics ForzaMaldini.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 5 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #294

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Absolutely great pics, ForzaMaldini! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Marvellous! The first three almost feel like home.

+Quote Post

servbot
post Nov 5 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #295

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 5 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #296

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Oman,I hope one day I can travel to watch matches like this.I can't imagine what happened when Pippo scored the goals.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 7 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #297

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 4 2010, 02:43 AM) *
Pato should play CF, of course he sucks if he's not the one playing as CF. When he is getting his chances, he will score like a maniac! (unlike Zlatan)

Exactly.

I can't believe this. he's playing horribly on the right and Max just keeps playing him exactly there. it might be the biggest WTF about our season so far!

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:42 AM