> Serie A - Week 9: AC Milan vs. Juventus, 30 October 2010

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 27 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Maybe, but don't force me to try my Dirty Harry/Clint Eastwood talk-weak.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 27 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #32

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2010, 10:37 AM) *
Robinho is not a creative player...

As for the game against Napoli. All those great chances you talk about came from long balls when Pirlo got it back in our own half. We didn't create a single chance that came from build up play. And imo that is a big issue. I'm not even talking about Dinho and Seedorf here. But if we're going to play this system we cannot have Pirlo doing the dirty work while Rino is high up the pitch, which is what I saw against Napoli. Pirlo is our only creative player in that lineup, so that is what he needs to do, not defend.

As for the Napoli game in general, you're making it out to be like we played a blinder of a game just because Dinho wasn't playing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

We were very lucky to get out of there with the win, not to mention we were playing with a man extra for more then 45 minutes. The fact that we scored 2 lucky goals because Oddo decided to wake up does not prove your point that we can play with that front 3. What I saw was Pato again being totally wasted and also Ibra to a certain extent. While both these players thrived when Dinho played behind them

Don't even bother with it zeddie. X-off is completely blinded by his dislike for Dinho. So it's pointless

LOL, this blindness of mine regarding Ronaldinho is way too funny. Like I don't want Milan to win if he's playing. I don't prefer Dinho because he's not capable of playing at high levels anymore. If you still believe he does, then I have nothing more to say to you. I'd gladly play him against Cagliari or Brescia, but against these big sides? He'll flop like he always has.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 27 2010, 01:49 PM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

As for always covers...what...a few weeks, two months?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 27 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 27 2010, 01:42 PM) *
LOL, this blindness of mine regarding Ronaldinho is way too funny. Like I don't want Milan to win if he's playing. I don't prefer Dinho because he's not capable of playing at high levels anymore. If you still believe he does, then I have nothing more to say to you. I'd gladly play him against Cagliari or Brescia, but against these big sides? He'll flop like he always has.

You're basically saying that we played great against Napoli, simply to prove your point that we can play without Dinho, which is ridiculous because we only managed to play decnt for 30 minutes against Napoli, this while having the advantage with the extra man. You're saying we created a lot of chances, when in reality non of them came from build up play, simply to point out that we can play without a playmaker, who ever that is.

As for Dinho and his ability to play at high levels, you only came up with that theory after the Real game, where yes he played like cr@p but so did the rest of the team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) You b!thed about his work rate before, then when he did start working a lot you found something else to b!tch about.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 27 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #35

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 27 2010, 05:12 PM) *

Don't act childishly for god's sake.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 27 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #36

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 27 2010, 02:49 PM) *
As for always covers...what...a few weeks, two months?

More like three years.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2010, 03:02 PM) *
You're basically saying that we played great against Napoli, simply to prove your point that we can't play without Dinho, which is ridiculous because we only managed to play decnt for 30 minutes against Napoli, this while having the advantage with the extra man. You're saying we created a lot of chances, when in reality non of them came from build up play, simply to point out that we can play without a playmaker, who ever that is.

I'm saying that we managed to keep up against a dynamic team like Napoli because our two handicaps in these sort of games, Seedorf and Ronaldinho, didn't play. The team was much more balanced, determined and fast. Everyone was running to win balls for the whole 90 minutes, and we won because these factors allowed us to.

In my eyes, Pirlo is a playmaker. Take Inter's midfield and attack last season (Cambiasso, Zanetti, Sneijder, Pandev, Eto'o and Milito), the only creative player in that bunch was Sneijder, yet they managed to overpower any opponent along their way. Why? Because they lacked quality? No. Because they had a well-functioning mechanism, with players willing to sacrifice themselves for the benefit of the team. This is how you win in modern football nowadays. Quality is just one variable. You also need determination, motivation and the spirit of sacrifice to succeed.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2010, 03:02 PM) *
As for Dinho and his ability to play at high levels, you only came up with that theory after the Real game, where yes he played like cr@p but so did the rest of the team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) You b!thed about his work rate before, then when he did start working a lot you found something else to b!tch about.

So what if I mentioned it only after the game against Madrid. Does it conceal the fact that during his three years of Milan, he's always flopped in the big games? Save the first derby against Inter and the home game against Manchester, the guy has been a huge disappointment when duty called him to be a protagonist. Why? BECAUSE HE CAN'T PLAY AT HIGH LEVELS ANYMORE. Fix this in your little head, my dear han.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 27 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 27 2010, 01:38 PM) *
I'm saying that we managed to keep up against a dynamic team like Napoli because our two handicaps in these sort of games, Seedorf and Ronaldinho, didn't play. The team was much more balanced, determined and fast. Everyone was running to win balls for the whole 90 minutes, and we won because these factors allowed us to.

In my eyes, Pirlo is a playmaker. Take Inter's midfield and attack last season (Cambiasso, Zanetti, Sneijder, Pandev, Eto'o and Milito), the only creative player in that bunch was Sneijder, yet they managed to overpower any opponent along their way. Why? Because they lacked quality? No. Because they had a well-functioning mechanism, with players willing to sacrifice themselves for the benefit of the team. This is how you win in modern football nowadays. Quality is just one variable. You also need determination, motivation and the spirit of sacrifice to succeed.

You're comparing apples to oranges (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Inter have Cambiasso, Zanetti and Sneijder, while we have Rino, Pirlo and Boateng. Totally different thing. Also the fact that we play Pirlo in front of the defence instead of higher up the pitch like Inter play Sneijder changes things completely.

Again you're trying to justify something, without having any basis for it. We are not Inter, we don't hae the same players Inter do, thus can't play like them. The reason we got sh!t out of that Napoli game was because A. The ref helped us big time. B. Napoli's finishing was as sh!t as their defence on both our goals. Again trying to make it seem like something it's not to prove your point (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 27 2010, 01:38 PM) *
So what if I mentioned it only after the game against Madrid. Does it conceal the fact that during his three years of Milan, he's always flopped in the big games? Save the first derby against Inter and the home game against Manchester, the guy has been a huge disappointment when duty called him to be a protagonist. Why? BECAUSE HE CAN'T PLAY AT HIGH LEVELS ANYMORE. Fix this in your little head, my dear han.

All I have to say to this is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Oct 27 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

edit: nevermind. seems there's too much testosterone-driven posturing and/or fanfic entries extolling the coach of another club for actual discussion on the game to be considered.

Gonna swim away to a place where people actually discuss football in mature terms.

This post has been edited by Fishdoll: Oct 27 2010, 04:00 PM

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Oct 27 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2010, 10:37 AM) *
Robinho is not a creative player...

Thankfully Pirlo and Ibrahimovic are, and they need players like Robinho and Boateng rather than Ronaldinho and Seedorf. It's time to play with both creative players and those who add something else called pace, work rate and movement.

We were very lucky to get out of there with the win, not to mention we were playing with a man extra for more then 45 minutes. The fact that we scored 2 lucky goals because Oddo decided to wake up does not prove your point that we can play with that front 3. What I saw was Pato again being totally wasted and also Ibra to a certain extent. While both these players thrived when Dinho played behind them

So if Oddo gives assists it's lucky? It's only not lucky when Ronaldinho (or Pirlo) gives an assist, right? This is actually exactly what I like to see: different players in the team that gives assists. Finally not just Ronaldinho, but one time Ibrahimovic, the other time a full back (FINALLY - isn't full backs givings assists what we were dying to see?), and Boateng, Pirlo, Robinho etc. should be able to give assists also. Not only the creative players can/should give assists. We have Pirlo and Ibrahimovic in our team, one of the most creative midfielders and one of the most creative CF's. They need to be surrounded by players like Boateng and Robinho. Enough of too many players who hold up our play, enough of the predictable playing style, enough of the lack of movement, work rate and pace in our team. Robinho's pace and movement links our midfield and attack better, and of course you will have less creativity in your team with benching Ronaldinho, but we still have others for that. What Robinho adds, if you bench him, we will lack something actually.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 27 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2010, 03:55 PM) *
You're comparing apples to oranges (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Inter have Cambiasso, Zanetti and Sneijder, while we have Rino, Pirlo and Boateng. Totally different thing. Also the fact that we play Pirlo in front of the defence instead of higher up the pitch like Inter play Sneijder changes things completely.

Again you're trying to justify something, without having any basis for it. We are not Inter, we don't hae the same players Inter do, thus can't play like them. The reason we got sh!t out of that Napoli game was because A. The ref helped us big time. B. Napoli's finishing was as sh!t as their defence on both our goals. Again trying to make it seem like something it's not to prove your point (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Comparing teams and players is only natural han, don't make it look like some sort of heresy. I'm just saying that in terms of quality, Inter are not that far ahead from us. The aspect where Inter have crushed us completely in the last few years is what I mentioned above. You honestly, truly, sincerely believe that if Ronaldinho and/or Seedorf had played against Napoli, things would have turned in our favor? We played the best possible eleven on Monday, out of the players we had available.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2010, 03:55 PM) *
All I have to say to this is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 27 2010, 03:26 PM
Post #41

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Oct 27 2010, 04:22 PM) *
Thankfully Pirlo and Ibrahimovic are, and they need players like Robinho and Boateng rather than Ronaldinho and Seedorf. It's time to play with both creative players and those who add something else called pace, work rate and movement.

So if Oddo gives assists it's lucky? It's only not lucky when Ronaldinho (or Pirlo) gives an assist, right? This is actually exactly what I like to see: different players in the team that gives assists. Finally not just Ronaldinho, but one time Ibrahimovic, the other time a full back (FINALLY - isn't full backs givings assists what we were dying to see?), and Boateng, Pirlo, Robinho etc. should be able to give assists also. Not only the creative players can/should give assists. We have Pirlo and Ibrahimovic in our team, one of the most creative midfielders and one of the most creative CF's. They need to be surrounded by players like Boateng and Robinho. Enough of too many players who hold up our play, enough of the predictable playing style, enough of the lack of movement, work rate and pace in our team. Robinho's pace and movement links our midfield and attack better, and of course you will have less creativity in your team with benching Ronaldinho, but we still have others for that. What Robinho adds, if you bench him, we will lack something actually.

THANK YOU!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 27 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Oct 27 2010, 03:22 PM) *

I did not say it was lucky, I said we were lucky to score because Napoli's defence was terrible on both goals. While their finishing was just as terrible. They had more chances then us, better chances. I fail to see how ou 2 can view this match as a positive aside from the result.

Like I keep saying to X-off, yess Pirlo is a creative player, but if Allegri keeps insisting on playing him in front of the defence then we'll need a true AM on the field. Ad I'm not saying that I don't like that we actually managed to score from play from the wings that Dinho wasn't involved in, but let's face it, do you really believe that Oddo can pull off more then a handful of performances like that. Our strength is the middle

Flamini--Pirlo--Boateng

Not the wings. So when Oddo or the other FBs don't play like that where are the goals coming from. Pirlo is shackled doing defensive work. Which again is my main issue

Anyway, my main point is, if we're going to play without Dinho, I'm more then fine with it, as long as we play like this

defence
Flamini--Boateng
Pirlo
Pato--Ibra--Robinho

Don't get me started on the Pato issues this formation brings (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

But if Allegri keeps insisting on having Pirlo so deep then Dinho needs to play

defence
Flamini--Pirlo--Boateng
Dinho
Pato--Ibra

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 27 2010, 03:25 PM) *
Comparing teams and players is only natural han, don't make it look like some sort of heresy. I'm just saying that in terms of quality, Inter are not that far ahead from us. The aspect where Inter have crushed us completely in the last few years is what I mentioned above. You honestly, truly, sincerely believe that if Ronaldinho and/or Seedorf had played against Napoli, things would have turned in our favor? We played the best possible eleven on Monday, out of the players we had available.

But you're comparing the way we shopuld play to them as well, which imo is impossible. They have Cambiasso as their DM, he's not a one dimensional DM like Rino/Ambro or even Flamini even if he can do more than the other 2. And whikle Boateng is turning out to be a great player for us, he can't be compared to Zanetti, first off they're completely different types of players, and Zanetti is just better in general.

As for Seedorf I don't believe he should be a starter, simple, not because he's not capable but because he's just unable to play 90 minutes anymore. the game against Napoli, I'm not even making this about Dinho, but we had a gap between midfield and attack, and we couldn't create anything though build up, why? Because Pirlo was playing so further back, what's the point of having a creative player like that and having him back there doing the dirty work, and this was my initial point, but I got sucked into the Dinho issue again. Had it been Dinho that played yesterday, we would have seen a different game altogether and I do believe we would have still won while playing better. We had no control of the midfield in the second half. How do you see that as a positive thing?

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 27 2010, 03:25 PM) *
Go take a nap, pal. Clearly you fail to grasp common sense.

And another (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) to this. I only respond when you want to talk like an actual adult (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 27 2010, 03:26 PM) *
THANK YOU!

Your tag team routine really brings tears to my eyes. It's just beutiful... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post Oct 27 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #43

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,161

Oh god clear bulshit with Dinho, he resolved last season match against Juve, so please dont wright this kind of things because for some weird reason you dont like Roni, he proved last year he is still a fantastic player he scored 15 goals and had 16 assist so dont wright crap, He is and will always be a fantastic player. Is he better then Binho? This we can argue about but dont wright Roni is a bad player, you look silly and no one takes you for serious because everyone knows this is a very stupid sentence!

This post has been edited by RinoIlCapitano: Oct 27 2010, 05:26 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 27 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #44

Primavera
Group Icon

My god, some posters here should be deeply ashamed. This is outrageous!

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Oct 27 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2010, 05:41 PM) *
I did not say it was lucky, I said we were lucky to score because Napoli's defence was terrible on both goals. While their finishing was just as terrible. They had more chances then us, better chances. I fail to see how ou 2 can view this match as a positive aside from the result.

You were talking about lucky goals...

For the rest of your post... well... I am open for some tactical changes... but IMO it should be with Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Pirlo, Boateng and a DM as our forwards and midfielders. I would put them like this:

Pato, Zlatan
Robinho
Boateng, Pirlo, Rino/Flam

Because Robinho is someone who likes to go wide, Pirlo can go to AMC like what you like to see (except I got Pato then as either the CF, or LF, depending to which wing Robinho is going). Of course it shouldn't be Gattuso who is going forward, and Pirlo who is staying back. I mean then it's better to play Flamini over Gattuso, though if he shows he earns it because Gattuso is earning his spot. I also like Zlatan to drop back and go to AMC, I like to see Zlatan and Pirlo going to attacking midfield to create but Pirlo also will have to do his more defensive midfield stuff and Zlatan his forward stuff. Robinho will move enough to make this possible. I want to see lots of movement and non-slow downed attacks. We will have enough players who can create but also players who will move.

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:50 PM