> Serie A - Week 8. Napoli vs Milan., 25 October 2010

X-Offender
post Oct 26 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #301

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 26 2010, 09:05 AM) *
His goalscoring record is fine so far, it's his overall performances over the games that have been a little disappointing. the fact that despite this he can still find the back of the net rather easily should be more than enough reason to not waste any more time in moving him to a position where he can concentrate on his only strength of these days - scoring goals. some say it's a waste of talent for him to be only a finisher. I don't agree. some of the biggest names in the history of the game have been like that - Ronaldo, Mvb, so on. it's better to be amazing at one thing than just good at many things. Pato can be really good as a CF. he's gotten quite big physically and has a natural gift for finishing off chances. he's perfect for this role.

Agreed. What's baffling though is that, I was watching the game on SkySport, and their spokesperson from the field said Allegri was constantly telling Pato to play out wide. So it's probably Allegri's orders and not Pato's will to play on the wing.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Oct 26 2010, 01:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 26 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #302

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I don't believe Pato is just a great CF. He can be great playing on the wing, but not on the right side. You can clearly see how utterly uncomfortable he is playing there. Which is what we saw on a consistant basis yesterday. Robinho was trying to start from deep but he'll always have the tendency to drift to the wings, thus Pato needs to push out. I don't know why Allegri wants him to do that, he obviosly plays a lot better when closer to goal, so why bother trying to push him away from it...

Allegri needs to figure out a way, to play this attacking combination without compromising Pato's talent in the process. If we're not playing with an AM then Pirlo imo has to be pushed further up, we were lacking that final ball yesterday, Napoli were giving us a lot of space, especially in the first half but we were not exploiting it

We'll see what Allegri does against Juve, I have no problem playing the same exact lineup that we saw today, but he needs to make some big adjustments to it, or it won't work, not in the long run

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Oct 26 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #303

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

Can someone open the Juve thread so we can talk about how Krasic (deservedly) will not be playing??

Also, on the fight, while you don't typically want to see that, it was kind of cool to see Prince, Ibra, and Nesta (what a push!) step up and protect their teammates. Even though Robinho flopped. Still.

This post has been edited by Dracoris: Oct 26 2010, 03:20 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 26 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #304

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Be my guest - Milan-Juventus

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 26 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #305

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 26 2010, 03:31 PM) *
Allegri needs to figure out a way, to play this attacking combination without compromising Pato's talent in the process. If we're not playing with an AM then Pirlo imo has to be pushed further up, we were lacking that final ball yesterday, Napoli were giving us a lot of space, especially in the first half but we were not exploiting it

Nah man, we didn't lack the final ball yesterday, just eagerness in front of the goal. We had plenty of occasions with Pato and Ibra to close the game, but they didn't show much vigor in their attempts.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Oct 26 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #306

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 26 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Agreed. What's baffling though is that, I was watching the game on SkySport, and their spokesperson from the field said Allegri was constantly telling Pato to play out wide. So it's probably Allegri's orders and not Pato's will to play on the wing.

Shame. Pato should be the main CF, with the freedom (his own freedom) to go wide (I want Pato to be the left sided CF), but not forced and he needs to be in CF position most of the times. The other CF, Ibrahimovic, I want to see everywhere in attack and attacking midfield, helping building up etc. Robinho, the one who plays behind the two CF's has the freedom to go forward/wide, which will give space for Pirlo to go a bit to AMC also sometimes. Boateng and a DM (Gattuso or Flamini) will complete the midfield with both a lot of defensive duties, but Boateng also some attacking duties.

This position should be good for Pato and he still will learn other attributes.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 26 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #307

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Oct 26 2010, 04:55 PM) *
Shame. Pato should be the main CF, with the freedom (his own freedom) to go wide (I want Pato to be the left sided CF), but not forced and he needs to be in CF position most of the times. The other CF, Ibrahimovic, I want to see everywhere in attack and attacking midfield, helping building up etc. Robinho, the one who plays behind the two CF's has the freedom to go forward/wide, which will give space for Pirlo to go a bit to AMC also sometimes. Boateng and a DM (Gattuso or Flamini) will complete the midfield with both a lot of defensive duties, but Boateng also some attacking duties.

This position should be good for Pato and he still will learn other attributes.

+1

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 26 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #308

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 26 2010, 03:37 PM) *
Nah man, we didn't lack the final ball yesterday, just eagerness in front of the goal. We had plenty of occasions with Pato and Ibra to close the game, but they didn't show much vigor in their attempts.

How did most of those chances come along though? Napoli were attacking us and we hit them with a long ball that the front 3 chased and created a chance out of.

In the first half our midifield 3 were completely dominating Napoli but we had no one that could slip the forwards through, Robinho was trying to drift in and out of that position, but he usually ended up taking it to a wing. We were stretched too far, You had Pato stuck wide out on the right, Robinho going from center to far left and Ibra in the middle dropping deep fot the ball.

I was seeing Rino getting involved in the build up play and Pirlo on the other hand was no where to be seen, imo this should not be happening, at least when we're attacking Pirlo needs to be further ahead, if not Pirlo then at least Boateng, but not the DM!

I think a lot of adjustments need to be made in order for this system to work properly, and that will only happen if every player on the pitch is utilised to the max! That means Pirlo no being stuck doing the defnesive work, but actually creating and Pato not on the right

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Oct 26 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #309

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

Benching Pato is of course no option since he is our biggest goalscoring threat, therefore Pato needs to play in a position which suits him which obviously should be CF: the position to score goals (see my previous comment).

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 26 2010, 09:37 AM) *
Pato is now a problem. If we bench him like you suggest Zeddie, who should fill in?
I don't honestly understand why Pato does not work on the far right - he has the speed, the agility, in a year or so even the stamina. But his movement is erratic, like he's completely lost. I haven't seen a striker of the young generation so lost when dispositioned.

Of course Pato has got a lot of pace which is important for playing wide, but playing wide is more than just that. Playing wide also requires good passing, crossing, vision and dribbling. These are not Pato's main strengths. Pato's main strengths are shooting/finishing, pace, making runs, heading and possibly also his positioning. These are all attributes which will make you one awesome striker(CF) and not necessary an awesome wide forward.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Oct 26 2010, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Oct 26 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #310

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

*Raises fin* This fish has a question for Boban10!

Did Kerr stay up and watch the game with you after all?

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 19 20 21
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:23 PM