> [IT] Serie A 2014-15

X-Offender
post Oct 20 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #241

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2014, 01:58 PM) *
Hernanes is a great player, I'd take him in an instant, same goes with Kovacic at Inter. From Juve I'd take Pogba, Vidal and Marchisio in a heart beat. And don't get me started on Roma's midfielders!

I think Serie A has come of the most talented midfielders currently around, none of which are playing at Milan

+1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 20 2014, 05:19 PM
Post #242

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I wish we'd gone in for Hernanes when he was going to leave Lazio. It's not like he was massively expensive.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 20 2014, 05:45 PM
Post #243

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Personally, biased no doubt, speaking, the only midfielder I'd take from Serie A would be Hamsik.

Pogba is GARBAGE in the big matches, and for his country. Marchisio - well, De Jong is better.

I think midfield is one area we are very strong in - De Jong, Jack and MvG to name 3.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 20 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #244

Prima Squadra

I'd still take Pogba, he's incredible. As for Marchisio, he's a completely different player to De Jong. I like quite a lot of Serie A MFs personally.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 20 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #245

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 20 2014, 05:45 PM) *
Pogba is GARBAGE in the big matches, and for his country. Marchisio - well, De Jong is better.

He's only 21, and garbage is an overstatement. Pogba is by far the best youngster in the world right now, and in a cpuple of years will be one of the Top 5 midfielders in the world.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 20 2014, 08:14 PM
Post #246

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 20 2014, 05:45 PM) *
Personally, biased no doubt, speaking, the only midfielder I'd take from Serie A would be Hamsik.

I think midfield is one area we are very strong in - De Jong, Jack and MvG to name 3.

Garbage? don't go too far now, he's an amazing player, I'd give Juve anyone on our squad to trade him. And Marchisio is a completely different type of player to De Jong, one would have nothing to do with the other and I'd still take him over anyone in our current midfield.

Best mids in Serie A for me are:

Vidal
Pjanic
Pogba
Strootman
De Rossi
Marchisio
Nianggolan
Pirlo
Hamsik
Hernanes
De Jong
Kovacic

Then there are the likes of Florenzi, Valero, Monto, etc but they're not good enough to be in that list, which imo is pretty extensive and only contains one Milan player in it. Says it all

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 20 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #247

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 20 2014, 07:45 PM) *

Garbage in big matches you say? How can you seriously make this qualification? Look, he's only 21, still a million big games he has to deal with. One (against us) he did very well this season. The main thing with Pogba is that he's consistently developing over the past few seasons with Juventus. From the moment they signed him up until now he's nothing but going straight forward.

As for Milan. You cannot judge on van Ginkel, the guy hasn't played even one full match with Milan. Bonaventura and de Jong - yes. They can make the cut. Poli and Montolivo could as well, if only they weren't that limited and inconsistent.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 20 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #248

Allievi Nazionali

Iturbe is brilliant in the big games. Same age.

That excuse doesn't wash.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 20 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #249

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 20 2014, 08:54 PM) *
Iturbe is brilliant in the big games. Same age.

That excuse doesn't wash.

Pato was brilliant at 18 for that matter.

Thing is, you can't say Pogba is garbage in big games, because first he hasn't been garbage. Poor, maybe subpar, but garbage is an overstatement. Second, like Fillipo said, the progress he's made at Juve the past two years has been incredible. At only 21 he's a serious candidate for one of the best midfielders in the world. He has high class for a box-to-box mid, he's super strong physically, great shot, excellent work rate. No wonder all big European powerhouses are in line to sign him. Juve truly hit the jackpot with him.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Oct 20 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #250

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 21 2014, 01:29 AM) *
Thing is, you can't say Pogba is garbage in big games, because first he hasn't been garbage. Poor, maybe subpar, but garbage is an overstatement. Second, like Fillipo said, the progress he's made at Juve the past two years has been incredible. At only 21 he's a serious candidate for one of the best midfielders in the world. He has high class for a box-to-box mid, he's super strong physically, great shot, excellent work rate. No wonder all big European powerhouses are in line to sign him. Juve truly hit the jackpot with him.

+1

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Oct 22 2014, 11:39 PM
Post #251

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 18 2014, 10:19 AM) *
No, I really want to read what you would follow your "but" with. Because honestly I do not understand how you could compare Juve to Man U and say "therefore your argument has no merit"

Me and x-off never said that he would implode the squad, we always said that we'd still expect him to win the league comfortably should their management be able to keep the core of the team together which they did. So I personally still think that they'll steamroll through this league without much problems, whether it's Allegri, Mourinho or the 3 stooges that is coaching them

Like I said, at this point I'm mostly interested to see if Allegri can go one step further in the CL than Conte ever did with them because that's the area where they can really achieve something note worthy as they've already hit and broken through the ceiling domestically

Looks like CL is not going all that well for them. Olympiacos is a good team and they were playing at home, but I expected Juve to do better.

In general, IMHO it would be very hard for any Juve coach not to dominate Serie A right now, so the fact that Juve is winning is not a big surprise. The question is what will happen in 1-2 years.

As for the comparison with Man U, I do not believe it is relevant. Juve is a solid team, Conte left it in very good shape. Looks to me like Man U was falling apart, and was being held together by Ferguson. Also, Juve has little competition in Serie A, while Man U faces intense competition in EP.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 23 2014, 12:50 AM
Post #252

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2014, 09:29 PM) *

He'd be brilliant today if not for his mistakes and injuries.

Don't agree. Until we see him 'hitting the jackpot' v Chelsea and not just Cesena, he's nothing more than overhyped promise who can't do it on the big stage.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 23 2014, 12:50 AM
Post #253

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2014, 09:29 PM) *

He'd be brilliant today if not for his mistakes and injuries.

Don't agree. Until we see him 'hitting the jackpot' v Chelsea and not just Cesena, he's nothing more than overhyped promise who can't do it on the big stage.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 26 2014, 01:47 AM
Post #254

Sampdoria 0-0 Roma

If we win tomorrow we're 3rd.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 26 2014, 03:51 AM
Post #255

Prima Squadra

Pogba's definitely the best prospect in football right now. He's had some good games against the other top Serie A sides too. He was very good at the World Cup too.

As for hitting the jackpot, they signed him for nothing and will get a minimum 30m for him. I think that's what X-Off meant.

+Quote Post

44 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:33 PM