Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [IT] Serie A 2014-15

Jack Bauer
post Oct 5 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #181

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

Fiorentina destroying them. 3-0 and way too easy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 5 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #182

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Yeah. Inter are just terrible. Mazzarri should get sacked.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 5 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #183

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I think he will. Perfect time to do this with the international break coming up.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Oct 5 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #184

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Francesco Totti was furious after Roma lost 3-2 to Juventus, noting “by hook or by crook they always win.”

There were three penalties in this game and two red cards, but both Bianconeri spot-kicks were right on the line.

“It’s a huge shame after a good performance,” Totti told Sky Sport Italia.

“We came to Turin to play our game, but you saw what happened and that affected the match.

“For years the same old incidents keep happening. I don’t know if we were beaten by referees, but we certainly were not beaten by Juventus tonight.

“Yes, we are angry, but also aware we are a great team and must lift our heads straight away.

“This was a match we really cared about, but Juventus ought to have their own League, as by hook or by crook they always win.

“Are we back to the same doubts? I am not the only one saying this, as these are things everyone in Italy should discuss.

“With Juventus when there is any doubt whatsoever, it’s always a penalty. I have to stop now, as if I keep talking then I’ll get suspended.”

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 5 2014, 10:58 PM
Post #185

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Penalty 1 - Player is on the line, but his arm is not I don't think. So this should be no penalty.

(IMG:http://s29.postimg.org/w296onw2f/pen1.jpg)

Penalty 2 - Player kicks Pogba's leg and his foot comes down straight, clearly on the line, so it should be a penalty.

(IMG:http://s29.postimg.org/4dmjh591z/pen2.jpg)

I think the penalty calls were even. Roma's was a hilariously bad call. Totti grabbed, I forget who, did a wrestling move on him and somehow won a penalty. Both teams get 1 penalty that they shouldn't have.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 5 2014, 11:12 PM
Post #186

Am I the only one who thinks Juve didn't steal anything tonight? I think all three calls were penalties and the ref made the right decisions.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 6 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #187

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I don't think the second one was a penalty personally, if it is, it has to be the softest penalty ever.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 6 2014, 02:29 PM
Post #188

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

If you mean the Roma one, I agree. I would call it a 50/50 nothingness, but Totti had his arm around his head and dropped to the floor. It's comical.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 6 2014, 02:50 PM
Post #189

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I saw the replays to see what the fuss is all about. It's weird. So all the penalties were 50/50s that could have gone either way.

My only feel is the match should have ended on a draw. I do believe that Tevez was obstructing the Roma GK and an offside should have been called. That being said, that GK was pretty crap.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 6 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #190

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 6 2014, 02:50 PM) *
My only feel is the match should have ended on a draw. I do believe that Tevez was obstructing the Roma GK and an offside should have been called. That being said, that GK was pretty crap.

No, according to FIFA regulation Vidal (not Tevez) wasn't in the line of the shot, so it's considered valid.

I re-watched the two Juve penalties, and they are extremely difficult to decide on, even on replay in slow motion. Can't blame the ref. Roma are acting like a bunch losers that won't accept defeat.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 6 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #191

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 5 2014, 02:59 PM) *
It's still difficult to accept snubs like this because players still see it as a hugely important aspect of their career and they work hard to be good enough to get the call, and atm there's no one better in that position in Serie A than Abate, certainly no one who's Italian.

Methinks someone's had a word with him and Conte and basically said 'he's not coming'. Abate has only just 100% reaffirmed himself with the Milan team after his isolation under Seedorf then initially under Pippo.

Last thing he wants is an injury for an ailing national team which rules him out forever.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 6 2014, 03:44 PM
Post #192

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

On Juve-Roma:

Well it's typical and completely unsurprising. Juventus winning the ugly way and fighting through with a little bit of a push, while Roma played well but imploded with rage and showed once again that they're no more capable then a sour second loser. Business as usual.

On Abate:

To me it's a mystery. Refusing to play for the Azzuri but then playing for Milan against Chievo with 100%? I'm not sure how that fits. If what's Danny implying is really the truth, I would ban Abate from the National team for life (or at least until Conte is coach). Because it shows a big amount of disrespect and prioritizing, which is in direct clash with the concept of NT selections and football in general.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 6 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #193

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 6 2014, 03:44 PM) *
On Abate:

To me it's a mystery. Refusing to play for the Azzuri but then playing for Milan against Chievo with 100%? I'm not sure how that fits. If what's Danny implying is really the truth, I would ban Abate from the National team for life (or at least until Conte is coach). Because it shows a big amount of disrespect and prioritizing, which is in direct clash with the concept of NT selections and football in general.

I seriously do not think this is the case AT ALL. Abate is always one to give his all no matter the opposition and he's someone that values his inclusion in the NT a lot as he's said many times.

Either Conte is picking favourites or the Milan medical staff told Conte that he was having ankle issues which he was able to play through for one game with us with the view of having 2 weeks of rest.

Either way, it's not like Italy have tough opposition, Conte could probably field the U-21s and still win both fixtures, especially since one of them is against a Maltese side that barely comprises of 25% fully professional players (most of them play as part-timers with their local clubs)

What would bug me is if this becomes a regular thing, because there is no way as to how Conte could justify not picking him, especially right now when he's in the form of his life, he's arguably doing better than he did in the 10/11 season when he was continuously viewed as the best RB in the league that season as well.

Looking at his counter part at Milan right now (DS) in that FB position Abate is heads and shoulders better, same goes for the direct competition at RB in Darmian

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 6 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #194

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 6 2014, 02:44 PM) *
If what's Danny implying is really the truth, I would ban Abate from the National team for life (or at least until Conte is coach). Because it shows a big amount of disrespect and prioritizing, which is in direct clash with the concept of NT selections and football in general.

No, I'm implying it's the Club who said it, not Abate. You have a really annoying habit of putting incorrect words in my mouth.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 6 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #195

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 6 2014, 02:32 PM) *
They wouldn't get the crazy numbers in the 40s, I agree. Ronaldo did break the 30 mark in the EPL though. But it is considered such a huge accomplishment to do it like when Toni did it in Serie A. Ronaldo was probably disappointed he "only" got 31 in 30 last season.

Yeah, totally, was going to mention Suarez as an example as well because he almost hit 30 last season (or did he?) and it was hailed as an amazing season, while if you compare that to Ronaldo and Messi, that number looks feeble in comparison to what they rack up each season in Spain

+Quote Post

44 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:51 AM