> Serie A 2022/2023 Season, Serie A Discussion

han2503
post Oct 22 2023, 09:51 PM
Post #1396

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Disastrous weekend. Everyone else won while we lost a game we should have won. Genoa play better than Juve FFS!!

I know these are growing pains we have to live with when having such young players in the side, but wtf was Thiaw doing there??? Got too tight for no reason, and got turned.

So disappointing.

Pioli's subs were the icing on the cake. Trying to win a game and he brings on Kjaer, Jovic and Romero. Krunic I'm sure no one could have foreseen how awful he'd be, but the others were obvious bad choices. Jovic is terrible, Romero looks like a Primavera kid and Kjaer when we're losing and down to 10... No words

And where is Okafor?? he's the only dangerous attacker we have and he doesn't put him on
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 22 2023, 09:57 PM
Post #1397

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

One last thing, the discipline in the the side has been absolutely terrible.

The amount of yellows we keep accumulating is ridiculous. Theo f@cked us when he got that card against Genoa, his umpteenth one that he's got for ridiculous reasons like running his mouth off or stupid fouls which don't gain us anything. These things will have a big impact over the course of a season. 3 reds already now as well and Thiaw will miss Napoli. Just like with Tomori getting sent off needlessly against Roma and him missing Inter.

We're just a point off of first but this feels big. These 2/3 weeks are going to be grueling and we started off on the wrong foot. Now the squad is completely drained having to play more than 45 minutes a man down and we have to face PSG in France in 3 days....

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 22 2023, 10:08 PM
Post #1398

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Aside from Thiaw's asinine mistake and the unlucky goal, Pioli's subs completely gifted this game to an atrocious Juventus side. Taking off Pulisic instead of Giroud, subbing Jovic who is anything but a football player, and then taking off Adli for the completely out of shape Krunic were idiotic, I repeat, idiotic decisions. This coach needs to GTFO cus I can't stand him anymore.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 23 2023, 10:54 AM
Post #1399

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

I couldnt post yesterday due to some constant errors. but these flipping red cards. and then as you both said stupid subs. after the red card, we should have done the three main defence imo and kept pulisic on. and man krunic will be back and he is just so annoying..

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 23 2023, 03:34 PM
Post #1400

Also, I understand we were one man down, but to defend and not try to create anything for the whole second half against such a poor side, it speaks bounds about the inability of this coach to instill a winning mentality to this bunch.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2023, 09:39 PM
Post #1401

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 22 2023, 10:08 PM) *
Aside from Thiaw's asinine mistake and the unlucky goal, Pioli's subs completely gifted this game to an atrocious Juventus side. Taking off Pulisic instead of Giroud, subbing Jovic who is anything but a football player, and then taking off Adli for the completely out of shape Krunic were idiotic, I repeat, idiotic decisions. This coach needs to GTFO cus I can't stand him anymore.

Yep, and now I'm watching him not make a sub other than a reactionary one to a yellow until the 76th minute

Pioli is done. Thank you for the memories but his limitations have become so glaringly obvious that it has become painful to watch.

Juve are a sh!t team and PSG aren't great shakes either. Defensively they are there for the taking. The obvious approach would have been to press Donna who is being forced to play out from the back, yet nothing. Just the usual slow, lethargic play.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 23 2023, 03:34 PM) *
Also, I understand we were one man down, but to defend and not try to create anything for the whole second half against such a poor side, it speaks bounds about the inability of this coach to instill a winning mentality to this bunch.

We are sh!t at playing with 10. Look what happened against an even worse Roma once we went down. We just rereat into our shell

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2023, 09:39 PM
Post #1402

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Adli's done more in 2 minutes than Krunic has done all game

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2023, 09:45 PM
Post #1403

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Refereeing has been atrocious

Yellows for BS fouls, nothing for much worse tackles

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2023, 10:01 PM
Post #1404

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Final whistle puts us out of our misery

CL is gone. A worse outing than the one we had our first season back, and we actually faced good teams in that group.

We need to focus 100% on the league. If we're out of Europe we have a shot at it. If we keep overstretching the squad we'll find ourselves in a similar situation to last season

Pioli is becoming such a massive problem. His playing favorites when there is a clear issue, his substitutions, his approach to games. Just everything has been poor. Sure we have a good win record in the league, but we have not won a single big game this season. At least, if nothing else, in previous seasons under him we could at least count on doing well in those.

Now we just keep trying to pass the ball about with no purpose, get caught out because of a ridiculously high line and get scored on. Our high line caused Thiaw to make that tackle against Juve. The way we play simply allows for no mistakes, because if you do make a mistake, the opponent is through into big empty spaces. It's just beyond comprehension at this point how we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

I'm not mad about this, knew we were going to lose this. That Newcastle game at the start keeps looking worse and worse. Had we won that, we'd still be in a very good position to advance. Now with Dortmund winning today it's probably completely out of our hands.

I don't want a EL spot either. Either we go through or we go out completely.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 25 2023, 10:01 PM
Post #1405

We don't deserve to play in this competition.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 25 2023, 10:05 PM
Post #1406

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 25 2023, 10:01 PM) *
Final whistle puts us out of our misery

CL is gone. A worse outing than the one we had our first season back, and we actually faced good teams in that group.

We need to focus 100% on the league. If we're out of Europe we have a shot at it. If we keep overstretching the squad we'll find ourselves in a similar situation to last season

Pioli is becoming such a massive problem. His playing favorites when there is a clear issue, his substitutions, his approach to games. Just everything has been poor. Sure we have a good win record in the league, but we have not won a single big game this season. At least, if nothing else, in previous seasons under him we could at least count on doing well in those.

Now we just keep trying to pass the ball about with no purpose, get caught out because of a ridiculously high line and get scored on. Our high line caused Thiaw to make that tackle against Juve. The way we play simply allows for no mistakes, because if you do make a mistake, the opponent is through into big empty spaces. It's just beyond comprehension at this point how we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

I'm not mad about this, knew we were going to lose this. That Newcastle game at the start keeps looking worse and worse. Had we won that, we'd still be in a very good position to advance. Now with Dortmund winning today it's probably completely out of our hands.

I don't want a EL spot either. Either we go through or we go out completely.

Before PSG's third goal both teams had created 11 chances each. PSG had 6 shots on target vs 4 ours. 7-7 corner kicks. Sure, everyone and their grandmas know PSG are far superior in terms of quality. I mean, they have the luxury of benching guys like Fabian Ruiz and Goncalo Ramos. We're playing with f*cking Krunic and Giroud!

But the thing I'm trying to say is that we created chances, we're just too sh*t upfront to capitalize them. And that's why we don't deserve to play this competition.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 25 2023, 10:06 PM
Post #1407

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 25 2023, 09:45 PM) *
Refereeing has been atrocious

Yellows for BS fouls, nothing for much worse tackles

Some of the worst refereeing I've seen lately.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 25 2023, 10:07 PM
Post #1408

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 25 2023, 09:39 PM) *
Adli's done more in 2 minutes than Krunic has done all game

Absolutely. But our clown of a coach prefers his fuckboy Krunic instead. I'm so done with this idiot.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2023, 10:12 PM
Post #1409

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2023, 10:01 PM) *
We don't deserve to play in this competition.

I disagree. The first 2 games, we were better than our opponents and should have won both based on the clear chances we created.

PSG for me are a sub-par team, and the first good side they'll face in this competition will do them in. Just looking at how they defend and their shape when they lost the ball tells you this. We just could not exploit it due to out slow play.

Pioli is the problem.

The squad is over extended due to injuries and it is obviously hurting us. We need RLC back ASAP. He gives us strength and balance in the midfield, and Krunic has returned in absolute dog sh!t form and he's hurting more than helping.

We need to regroup. The Juve game obviously knocked the stuffing out of us ad this won't have helped. We knew at some point the stumble would come looking at the fixture list, it's been the worst set of games we've had to endure for quite some time. We just need to power through it. Hopefully we can have RLC back for the Napoli game.

The approach to games has got to improve. I don't want to see Pioli fired durin the season. But he's really testing my resolve for not going into the PioliOutNot camp. How do you not make a sub until the 75th minute? Especially when players are clearly struggling out there? Just cannot comprehend what his thinking is. And most times the subs he choses make things worse! I could laugh if I wasn't crying already.

Just give me a reaction against Napoli FFS!

Btw, no one is mentioning this, but Theo has been dogsh!t all season. We need him to f@cking wake up. Same goes for Leao. We can't have them as passengers in this team!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 25 2023, 10:18 PM
Post #1410

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 25 2023, 10:12 PM) *
I disagree. The first 2 games, we were better than our opponents and should have won both based on the clear chances we created.

You didn't get my point. I said we created a lot, and obviously we were the superior side against Newcastle and Dortmund. But we've scored 0 goals in 3 games and we're bottom of the group. It's not due to bad luck, but our inability to capitalise. And the Champions League does not forgive. We're not playing against Cagliari and Genoa here, but against the elite clubs of Europe. And if you're unable score despite so many chances you create, then you're simply sh*t.

+Quote Post

111 Pages V  « < 92 93 94 95 96 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 11:13 AM