> Euro 2012

CHU-LIP
post Jun 29 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #1096

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 29 2012, 05:53 PM) *
It's a complete failure because we didn't achieve our goal, which was to finally win something after a streak of 16 years without any silverware. We weren't even close. Maybe this generation of German players is destined to become a Portugalesque "Golden generation" like Figo and Rui Costa. Schweinsteiger, Lahm and everyone else couldn't withstand the pressure of being favorites.

The players that are the reason for that Golden generation talk, most of them are still young and far from done with developping, and far from world class. Still lots are inconsistent, having obvious weaknesses that shouldn't be their on the highest level. Also an important notice is how Schweini is far from his former self, actually simply unworthy being at such tournament, that bad he is nowadays. Hopefully for him and Bayern he can get back to former him when the new season starts, while with (a good) Schweini or without is a world of difference, maybe key reason why no 1st.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 29 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #1097

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

(IMG:http://i.imgur.com/tUBzB.gif)

(IMG:http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/DatDerUKBrah/MARIO-BALOTELLI-SPITTING.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 29 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #1098

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 29 2012, 06:39 PM) *
Then they desereve to go out He's probably the best penalty taker in World football and you don't let him take one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

How? he has missed two of the most important penalties of his career over the past few years (CL final, CL semi final), that's a clear sign that he's liable to crumble under pressure. I don't think he can lay claim to that one. and no, I don't think it's Messi either.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 29 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #1099

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 29 2012, 05:55 PM) *
How? he has missed two of the most important penalties of his career over the past few years (CL final, CL semi final), that's a clear sign that he's liable to crumble under pressure. I don't think he can lay claim to that one. and no, I don't think it's Messi either.

I read that he's taken nearly 30 penalties for Madrid and missed just 2. That's an astonishing record.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 29 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #1100

Primavera

You could argue his scoring rate might be the best and therefore he's the best penalty taker in the world, but most of those penalties come in the league against inferior sides where Madrid have probably been leading by a few goals anyway - ie less pressure. but penalties in do or die KO rounds is another matter and Ronaldo has missed two of the biggest ones.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 29 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #1101

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

At least CR managed to pretty much single-handedly take his side to a semi-final. It says a lot that the biggest criticism of him this time around from the haters is going 5th in a shoot-out, clearly played exceptionally well. Now it's Messi's turn to achieve anything like the success he gets at club level in a major tournament.

Bring on Brazil.

+Quote Post

drucurl
post Jun 29 2012, 06:19 PM
Post #1102

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,041

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 29 2012, 12:55 PM) *
I think it's kinda harsh to knock him for the CL miss since he scored the goal in that game....also in the semis it's very very very (I'm a shameless CR7 fanboy btw) harsh to knock him because he ALREADY took and scored one so the keeper was always going to have a bit of an advantage.

In other news I don't think SUPER MARIO has ever missed a penalty in an official game (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 29 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #1103

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

I think Schweinsteiger is one of the best in the World. But in my opinion he is being played out of position for the NT. He is best as a right winger. He is an offensive minded player with great passing, good balance and an ability to get past his man. His talents are wasted in a CM position, especially so deep playing right next to the DM.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 29 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #1104

Primavera

I'm not hating, I was rooting for Ronaldo and co. to kick Spain out of the tournament for ****'s sake!! I just don't agree that he's the best penalty taker in the world. at least not in a very intense situation like the Euro semi final.

@ Ash

I like how you manage to bring Messi in the argument every time I say something about Ronaldo. even when I clearly state that Messi is not any better at that something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 29 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #1105

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 29 2012, 06:31 PM) *
@ Ash

I like how you manage to bring Messi in the argument every time I say something about Ronaldo. even when I clearly state that Messi is not any better at that something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

It wasn't a direct response to you, plus someone yesterday talked about Messi in direct response to Ronaldo not taking a penalty.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jun 29 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #1106

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Gotta say Prandelli surprised me. His team looked in shambles in the group stage. As impressive as they were against Spain in the first half, they fell apart in the second half. And after that in each game there was this inconsistency to how they played throughout the 90 minutes that made them look so vulnerable. But as they went on, he really pulled it together. I just remember his face and expression right before the start of the Germany game and he looked awfully confident. I knew he had done some good work. And he seems humble, to the point and truthful in his interviews. None of that they're scared of us, we have these guns and we are gonna do this and that etc.. etc. All of this is so much fun to watch for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jun 29 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #1107

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 29 2012, 10:52 PM) *
Gotta say Prandelli surprised me. His team looked in shambles in the group stage. As impressive as they were against Spain in the first half, they fell apart in the second half. And after that in each game there was this inconsistency to how they played throughout the 90 minutes that made them look so vulnerable. But as they went on, he really pulled it together. I just remember his face and expression right before the start of the Germany game and he looked awfully confident. I knew he had done some good work. And he seems humble, to the point and truthful in his interviews. None of that they're scared of us, we have these guns and we are gonna do this and that etc.. etc. All of this is so much fun to watch for me.

Agreed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Plus, as an added bonus, he looks like an avoidable Loki. I've always thought of him for looking like the god of mischief for a couple of years now. Even wanted to create an image for it, but a quick search got me this:

(IMG:http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/hhcoc7h41kc5fcahsds5dg2.jpg)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jun 29 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #1108

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 29 2012, 10:16 PM) *
Bring on Brazil.

Bring on who and how? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 29 2012, 09:16 PM
Post #1109

Primavera

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:01 PM) *

The Olympics?

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 29 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #1110

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 29 2012, 08:52 PM) *
Gotta say Prandelli surprised me. His team looked in shambles in the group stage. As impressive as they were against Spain in the first half, they fell apart in the second half. And after that in each game there was this inconsistency to how they played throughout the 90 minutes that made them look so vulnerable. But as they went on, he really pulled it together. I just remember his face and expression right before the start of the Germany game and he looked awfully confident. I knew he had done some good work. And he seems humble, to the point and truthful in his interviews. None of that they're scared of us, we have these guns and we are gonna do this and that etc.. etc. All of this is so much fun to watch for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The bigger the occassion, the better Italians play. They always play with minimum effort against sides they think of as inferior.

+Quote Post

81 Pages V  « < 72 73 74 75 76 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:24 AM