> Serie A - Week 10 - Bari - Milan, Date: 07/11/10 Time: 15:00 CET

X-Offender
post Nov 5 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #16

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 4 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Man, you really misstrust Pippo. I mean, how can you be right when just the last Serie A match when Pippo started (and scored) shows the exact opposite. What can possibly go that bad? I mean, Pato's zero-zero stat isn't a alternative that makes me think twice. Just give Pippo a shot.

Agreed. Pippo deserves his spot against Bari, and Pato deserves some bench-time to get his act together.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

shevchenko_007
post Nov 5 2010, 03:34 AM
Post #17

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,289

I would give Pirlo a rest very shortly, maybe not this game coz boateng is out... but maybe the next game before we face Inter. Pirlo has been doing a lot of work and has played every game (including internationals) and his passing ability is deteriorating fast.
I don't really care which full back plays because they are all the same... can do a job but are inconsistent and we are in desperate need of some reinforcement (which we probly won't get)

Anyway I think we will win this game 3-1, Pippo to come off the bench and score one.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 5 2010, 04:17 AM
Post #18

I think Pirlo has been one of our best players so far, if not the best. Too bad his talent is being wasted by doing more defending than creating.

+Quote Post

shevchenko_007
post Nov 5 2010, 05:35 AM
Post #19

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,289

He has been our best player.. and more importantly, our most consistent player. It's just that he isn't young anymore and I'm sure a rest would do him the world of good, especially just before the Inter game.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Nov 5 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2010, 05:17 AM) *
I think Pirlo has been one of our best players so far, if not the best. Too bad his talent is being wasted by doing more defending than creating.

That is the Pirlo I liked so much, strong in both defending and creating. I think that's a good thing. We play with Ronaldinho in front of him and the other midfielders, so he should create in a more attacking position than Pirlo, unfortunality, Ronaldinho fails in that every now and then, especially against tough sides.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 5 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (vnata001 @ Nov 4 2010, 11:00 PM) *
yeah but there are also some games where Ronaldo rips his opposing full back to shreds and scores 4 times. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) it's obvious that no matter who guards him, he's going to give that defender A LOT of difficulty. The fact that he didn't score when cutting in from the left, tested abbiati once from nearly 30 meters out (doesn't matter who defends him, he'll still hit that shot), and didn't put in too many deadly crosses from the left is testament enough to whatever cover Abate was able to provide for our CBs from C-Ron. Considering he didn't rip our backline up entirely, i'd say it was an OK job by our guy. you make it sound like C-Ron completely trampled all over our defense. he didn't have that rampant a time...

so essentially, the logic for both is similar. Abate can play against smaller teams. Antonini has 'been mostly good this season' against smaller teams. So, Antonini and Abate can play all they want against bad teams, but against good sides they're both trouble. I have always maintained I find Antonini an average player, from the day he hit our lineup on a consistent basis (similar to how I said Huntelaar is an average player the day we signed him).

Meanwhile Abate is 23 while Antonini is 28. In the long run, I prefer to see Abate play in big games while he's young, and see if he can learn from it. Antonini is already as good as hes going to be, and is little more than an average player.

Agreed there. In the long run it would obviously be smarter to invest more time and effort on Abate no question about it. But imo Abate scares ma a lot more then Antonini. Again his Juve performance was just awful, but Antonini has played in a lot of big games in these past few months and I never really had anything bad to say about him, so I'm choosing to believe that he just had an off day at the office.

Abate or Antonini? Neither of them is really Milan material. It's another case of both players working their @sses off for my team so I find it hard to criticise, but if they're not really delivering defenisve stability to the team then they can run all they want they're still going to be a massive problem for us.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 4 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Man, you really misstrust Pippo. I mean, how can you be right when just the last Serie A match when Pippo started (and scored) shows the exact opposite. What can possibly go that bad? I mean, Pato's zero-zero stat isn't a alternative that makes me think twice. Just give Pippo a shot.

When was it that Pippo started a league game? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) He always came off the bench this season and scored might I add. Again, I'm not against Pippo, but imo he's best when coming off the bench, defenders are tired, he's quick and hard to handle, he can easily slip a defender or make them commit a foul in a dangerous area.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2010, 04:17 AM) *

Agreed!

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 5 2010, 08:44 AM) *
That is the Pirlo I liked so much, strong in both defending and creating. I think that's a good thing. We play with Ronaldinho in front of him and the other midfielders, so he should create in a more attacking position than Pirlo, unfortunality, Ronaldinho fails in that every now and then, especially against tough sides.

Pirlo was never really great in the defensive area, Rino just shielded him completely so he gave that impression. Now that he's practically being left to dog it out on his own due to the way the midfield is being played and the quality of the DM, his defensive frailties are becoming glaringly obvious. He still qorks his @ss off trying to defend and create but the man can't do it all, he's not 25 anymore, he plays every 3 days and has to work like a dog in every game

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 5 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #22

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

When was it that Pippo started a league game? unsure.gif He always came off the bench this season and scored might I add. Again, I'm not against Pippo, but imo he's best when coming off the bench, defenders are tired, he's quick and hard to handle, he can easily slip a defender or make them commit a foul in a dangerous area.

When you ask? 4th round, Milan-Catania. Started, scored. How could you forget?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 5 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 5 2010, 05:08 PM) *
When you ask? 4th round, Milan-Catania. Started, scored. How could you forget?

Oops! I easily forget things that happen over a month ago (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 6 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

Hahaha. Now I reminded you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I really hope Allegri rests Pirlo and Gattuso. They are one card away from a suspension.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 6 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #25

Thiago and Antonini are out for tomorrow. Allegri said he'll play Yepes alongside Nesta.

Milan (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Yepes, Zambrotta; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic.

Link

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 6 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #26

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Are they injured severely,or is Allegri just resting them?

I don't really like that midfeild :S.

This post has been edited by William405: Nov 6 2010, 04:33 PM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 6 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #27

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Well Thiago had that bit of a niggle in the 2nd half of the Real Madrid game, so he was over cautious then. It is only safe that he is rested for the derby match. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Antonini I reckon is still hurting after that hideous collision. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) So basically Allegri is playing safe with both.

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 6 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

So Simply Flamini has to play,I expected Allegri to call Strasser or Merkel...but he called up five midfeild players and five strikers/attackers.In the midfeild,I'd play Flamini,Ambrosini and Pirlo.Pato and Robinho in attack or Pato Ibra or Ibra Robinho.Dinho as a Trequistra ofcourse

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 6 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

The only good thing about this line-up is Yepes. He really deserves this debut, especially after Sokratis ****** up.

The midfield? Hah, it's a gamble. It sounds slow, but maybe against Bari it will work. Why not try out Flamini and Strasser, that and why not rest Pirlo I don't understand?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 6 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 6 2010, 04:43 PM) *
Well Thiago had that bit of a niggle in the 2nd half of the Real Madrid game, so he was over cautious then. It is only safe that he is rested for the derby match. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Antonini I reckon is still hurting after that hideous collision. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) So basically Allegri is playing safe with both.

No, Thiago's injury happened in the first half, around the 40' if I remember correctly. And Antonini has the flu.

Guys, if you give a closer look to that line-up, only two players (Abate and Ibra) are under 30. That is seriously worrying. I really hope Allegri finally decides to give a chance to Flamini, the guy is being ignored to a ridiculous extent. If I was in his place, I'd be seriously p!ssed off.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:34 PM