han2503
post Nov 10 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #16

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 10 2008, 07:51 PM) *
Great post han. I know what you say about Milan pre-Calciopoli. and I agree problems started with Sheva's departure too. but why is Carlo still continuing playing with 1 striker when he has Sheva, Pato, Pippo, Borriello at his disposal? why he continues to field at least 2 DMs against relegation battling teams? etc etc.

I thought this season we'd see no more of this system but I was totally wrong. because the problem was not the squad and lack of attackers. the problem was Carlo.

Because we won the CL while playing it (apperantly he forgets that we were a disgrace in the league that season) so he has an excuse now that it's a great system that won us a big competition.

This is how Carlo's brain works. Look at the line ups he plays. (Not talking about his 'untouchables' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) but if someone scores a goal he gets to play in the next game if he doesn't then he's on the bench. Goal.com's writers who make the player ratings after the matches probably take more notice of the overall performance then he does.

I was a big fan of Ambro in his early days at Milan and even when the proposed Pirlo role was thrown out there back then I objected to it because I considered Ambro a genius that cannot be replaced in the squad, but now I think Carlo has pushed me to dislike the player because of the way he is used.

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 10 2008, 07:52 PM) *

They might have finally figured out how predictable Carlo is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by han2503: Nov 10 2008, 08:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 10 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #17

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 10 2008, 11:51 PM) *
Today was a rest day for the players, so no real news to report.

For what it's worth, here's Gazzetta's early projected lineup:

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Kaladze Jankulovski
Gattuso Seedorf Flamini
Kakà Ronaldinho
Borriello

No Paolo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) What's wrong with this coach?

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 11 2008, 12:02 AM) *
They might have finally figured out how predictable Carlo is

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Took them a while then, huh?!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 10 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #18

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

With all due respect to the Carlo-haters, the players are not totally without blame here.

As for the projected lineup, the one printed in Gazzetta usually changes several times over the week as training and other news filters out.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 10 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #19

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 10 2008, 10:02 PM) *
Because we won the CL while playing it (apperantly he forgets that we were a disgrace in the league that season) so he has an excuse now that it's a great system that won us a big competition.

Or it could be that its the best way to play, considering he needs to accommodate Dinho, who plays better when he starts out to the left 30 yards from goal. But then again, what does the idiot know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 10 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #20

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Yeah insult people. it doesn't make you look any wiser.

(No need for this zd, r7 wasn't insulting anyone) Max

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 10 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #21

Token Girl
Group Icon

Let's please keep things polite.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 10 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 10 2008, 08:50 PM) *
Or it could be that its the best way to play, considering he needs to accommodate Dinho, who plays better when he starts out to the left 30 yards from goal. But then again, what does the idiot know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

He can accomodate Ronaldinho even if we don't use the 2nd DM. This has nothing to do with Dinho, he's suddenly turning into the scapegoat for using the xmas tree with 2 DMs? We have been using this same system for the past 2 seasons now and I don't recall Dinho being a part of the team then... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

As for 'the best way to play' bit, 2 seasons of fighting for 4th spot in the league (with one of them coming out unsuccessful) while using the 2 DMs should be your answer to that.

This post has been edited by han2503: Nov 10 2008, 09:14 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 10 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #23

Token Girl
Group Icon

so you'd have 1 dm in front of a Bonera-Favalli CB partnership, han? That'd make me more than a little nervous even if it IS an in-form Gattuso.

As for the rest of it, could someone please wake me up when it's again permissible to say anything at all positive about the head coach of AC Milan?

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 10 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #24

Berretti

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 11 2008, 01:18 AM) *
As for the rest of it, could someone please wake me up when it's again permissible to say anything at all positive about the head coach of AC Milan?

I think that time would be now, Tennie. So wakey, wakey! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, including you. So of course, if you have anything good to say about Carlo feel free to chip in and move the discussion forward.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 10 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 10 2008, 09:18 PM) *
so you'd have 1 dm in front of a Bonera-Favalli CB partnership, han? That'd make me more than a little nervous even if it IS an in-form Gattuso.

Well since we've still managed to conceed while playing THREE DMs I'd say we should try it. Like I've probably said a million times. more Defensive mids does not automatically mean better defence. Both Seedorf and Pirlo in there will be better at contolling the tempo while Rino is doing the dirty work. There are teams that don't even play a pure DM, Chelsea play Mikeal, who is more of a creative central mid (sort of like Seedorf), While Man U play Carrick and Anderson in the middle. And they play in a much more attacking league while we play against the Cagliari's and Lecce's and go out with 2 DMs. I would be ok if we use the tactic in big games, especially against teams that use wingers since it works like a charm in that scenario, but when it comes to playing it against these teams... I'm sorry but the reason we're losing points against these teams is because of this system that Carlo uses as a security blanket

I don't understand where all this idolisation if the 2 DMs comes from since we;ve traditionally played better with just one under Carlo, even if the defence is weaker then it was back then, we still managed to hold the apponents from even coming near our box before, now we allow at least 5 golden opportunities to the opposition in every match. If we had the control in midfield like we used to do these chances wouldn't be so frequent.

This post has been edited by han2503: Nov 10 2008, 09:35 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 10 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #26

Primavera

acid dat gif foto in yor sig iz on my nerv!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 10 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 10 2008, 09:35 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yay.gif) Yesss!! Fight the power!!!!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 10 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #28

Token Girl
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 10 2008, 03:26 PM) *
I think that time would be now, Tennie. So wakey, wakey! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, including you. So of course, if you have anything good to say about Carlo feel free to chip in and move the discussion forward.

I'm not too sure I'm in the mood to be pilloried for trying to defend the coach right now, acid. Seems a number of people are quite clear about their dislike for the man. If minds are that made up, there seems little point in attempting a dialog. I'll leave folks to it and content myself with translating and moderating.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 10 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #29

Primavera

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 11 2008, 01:03 AM) *
Well since we've still managed to conceed while playing THREE DMs I'd say we should try it. Like I've probably said a million times. more Defensive mids does not automatically mean better defence. Both Seedorf and Pirlo in there will be better at contolling the tempo while Rino is doing the dirty work. There are teams that don't even play a pure DM, Chelsea play Mikeal, who is more of a creative central mid (sort of like Seedorf), While Man U play Carrick and Anderson in the middle. And they play in a much more attacking league while we play against the Cagliari's and Lecce's and go out with 2 DMs. I would be ok if we use the tactic in big games, especially against teams that use wingers since it works like a charm in that scenario, but when it comes to playing it against these teams... I'm sorry but the reason we're losing points against these teams is because of this system that Carlo uses as a security blanket

+1

I don't know how to thank you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 10 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #30

Berretti

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 11 2008, 01:35 AM) *

It'll be here through the week, thank you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Or unless, Mike raises my signature image limits as I want to put 3 or more sidebars as a signature. But yeah, I've queued my next signature image, will change it after our next match.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:37 AM