> Milan - Napoli -- 02/11/2008, Giornata 10

Zed.D
post Oct 30 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #16

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Il Diavolo @ Oct 30 2008, 11:25 PM) *
I definetely think we should rest Seedorf in favor of 2 strikers /probably Pato and Borriello/ + Kaka and Ronaldinho. We simply need to attack. Napoli plays 3-5-2, meaning our counterattack will be our main weapon. Seedorf is half-injured and last night, he was really slow and lacked creativity. Not that different than R80's performance against Atalanta.

Napoli are without a doubt the best team in Italy right now. We all know it's temporarily, but it's a damn fact. It will be our hardest game so far. After beating Atalanta with luck and Siena with... experience, it will take something more to win the good old derby this Sunday.

+1
GREAT post.

Too bad Carlo won't share your opinion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 30 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #17

Primavera

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 31 2008, 12:32 AM) *
The thing is, Seedorf is a Big Game Player. He often looks dreadful against the provincial teams and then looks absolutely amazing against Juve/cugini/MU/etc. I wouldn't necessarily drop him from the lineup because he was patchy against Siena.

As for Napoli, they really are playing very enjoyable football right now. They deserve to be at the top along with Udinese - who I think are also playing very enjoyable football.

I personally don't have any problem with Seedorf playing in this one as you said he's a big game man! problem is, it is a Sunday night game, a speacial occasion!! Silvio will be there just to watch 'his' Ronaldinho. Dinho will play in this one, and that means the Christmas tree formation...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 30 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #18

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Why can't they both play?

How about:
Abbiati
Zambrotta Nesta/Bonera Maldini Jankulovski
Gattuso Seedorf Ambrosini
Kaka Ronaldinho
Borriello

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 30 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #19

Primavera

They both sure can play. Milan can't play with two attackers anymore was what I meant. and when Pirlo returns, things will be even more complicated. we will probably have to play 4-5-1 or 4-6-0 to keep all of our midfielders happy!

PS. I think it's better for the sake of both Maldini and Milan that he sits this one out. Lavezzi is SO fast. Maldini probably won't manage to keep up with that pace for 90 minutes. it's too risky to play him IMO.

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: Oct 30 2008, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 30 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #20

Token Girl
Group Icon

(I remember people saying the same thing before the derby this year.)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 30 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #21

Primavera

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 31 2008, 12:53 AM) *
(I remember people saying the same thing before the derby this year.)

Say what? Maldini? I don't think any of Inter's attackers come close to Lavezzi's pace. well, we will see what happens...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 30 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #22

Token Girl
Group Icon

People were afraid that the cugini's main striker (the one who looks rather like a camel) was going to embarrass Maldini. Turned out it was the other way around.

I'm not sure what the best CB pairing would be for this one. I really wish Nesta were match-fit and healthy!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 30 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #23

Primavera

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 30 2008, 11:57 PM) *
People were afraid that the cugini's main striker (the one who looks rather like a camel) was going to embarrass Maldini. Turned out it was the other way around.

I'm not sure what the best CB pairing would be for this one. I really wish Nesta were match-fit and healthy!

Zlatan is sure a better striker than Lavezzi but he is not a pacy striker at all. in the derby he managed to get past Maldini a few times but since he's rather slow, he couldn't reach the ball ahead of Abbiati. that's why Maldini's lack of pace didn't really show in the derby. Zlatan would have scored if he was faster [16th minute of the derby for example]

Lavezzi's pace is something that Maldini, no matter how great a defender he is, probably can't keep up with for the whole game at the age of 40. but I'm not going to insist that Lavezzi WILL cause Maldini problems. I just think it's 'risky'...

I prefer Nesta-Bonera. though Nesta's pace won't be any better at the moment. we miss Kaladze (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 30 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #24

Token Girl
Group Icon

You're going to call down the wrath of dst with that statement, zd!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 30 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #25

Primavera

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 31 2008, 12:11 AM) *
You're going to call down the wrath of dst with that statement, zd!

I know, but considering the situation, we do miss him a little.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 30 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #26

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

God will do godly. He knows what's best for the team, if he can't play he will sit on the bench.

Paolo bless you all!

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 30 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #27

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

Bonera and Maldini are our best partnership for this game, Maldini's s'posed lack of pace is often made up for by his reading of the game and no matter who plays pace is always gonna be a problem thats why you make sure abbiati stands a metre or two further up to act a s a sweeper/keeper.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 30 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #28

Primavera

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 31 2008, 12:19 AM) *
Bonera and Maldini are our best partnership for this game, Maldini's s'posed lack of pace is often made up for by his reading of the game and no matter who plays pace is always gonna be a problem thats why you make sure abbiati stands a metre or two further up to act a s a sweeper/keeper.

I agree.

But there could come a moment when things don't work like that. I'm worried about those lapses, like when Abbiati can't react fast enough to cover Maldini when a striker gets past him...

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 30 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #29

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 30 2008, 09:02 PM) *
I agree.

But there could come a moment when things don't work like that. I'm worried about those lapses, like when Abbiati can't react fast enough to cover Maldini when a striker gets past him...

In every game lapses and mistakes happen thats what win's you or loses you matches usually the team that makes the least mistakes wins. i share your anxiety and just hope that the players are up to the task and the occasion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 30 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #30

Primavera

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 31 2008, 12:37 AM) *
In every game lapses and mistakes happen thats what win's you or loses you matches usually the team that makes the least mistakes wins. i share your anxiety and just hope that the players are up to the task and the occasion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

That's why I said we should prevent possible risks in this game. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Hopefully we win. this is no ordinary game like the last couple of seasons when there was always 'time to recover' for our 4th place objective! we want to win the title and anything less than a win would damage our chances IMO.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:28 PM